What's new

ACT [Mara Studio] イリス誓約 -深く大地の底へ- / IRIS CONVENANT (RJ299707)

Equinox

Reputation score
1604009419136.png
JP Link:

Another game by MaraStudio, who was the maker of Closed Area Block Z. It's another side-scroller ARPG. Like before, it's got some really good art and animation. The gameplay is a bit better than their last game as well, feeling like a bit of a dungeon crawler. The game takes about two hours or so to beat, but it has New Game+ stuff that allows you to carry over your stats and just plow through the game.

The basic story is that in a small village located away from the kingdom, villagers were disappearing and monsters began attacking. The king decided to put up a reward for investigating and clearing out the monsters that were attacking the people.

You can play as one of three characters: one male, and two female. All three of them have different H-scenes, so you'll probably end up running through the game several times to get everything unlocked.

The game itself is a basic side-scroller, but with a lot of additional things that make it surprisingly in-depth for an H-game. It seems to take some inspiration from the Souls series, as the setting and a lot of the gameplay seem to follow in its footsteps.

You have three main bars when you play: Red for health, green for stamina, and blue for SP. Health is just health, stamina allows you to run and swing, and SP lets you cast your magic or skills.

You can use melee weaponry and magic to fight enemies. Defeating enemies gives you "souls", which is the currency for everything, including leveling and purchasing items and weapons. You can purchase spells and skills from vendors in your base to use during combat as well. There's a wide variety of weapons and armor to choose from as well, which affect how fast or slow you swing, and how much stamina you consume due to an encumbrance system. You can choose to not have a shield, for instance so you'll be able to swing faster. Dodging is not a roll, but just a "sway", where you stay in one place and just dodge. It has a really long invincibility window, though, and it doesn't consume stamina.

To move to another part of the map, just walk to one of the exit points and continue holding that direction or the U button until you fill up the icon and the transitions starts.

You're also able to recruit companions to fight with you; you can have a party of three, but you'll only have control of one character at a time (the others being controlled by AI). The companions also suffer from perma-death, so you have to be careful to not let them mindlessly run into enemies and eat damage. You can switch between characters at any time when you're in a dungeon. Different characters specialize in different skills and have different stats and weapons. You can even change their AI to do something specific in combat. They level up in battle as well (and recover to full health each time they level).

Companions can be found through a variety of means. Some of them are human or humanoid and you can save them, which lets them fight with you. Some are monsters that, upon defeat, are vulnerable to a spell that lets you recruit them. Others are bosses that, upon defeat, will drop an "essence", which you can take back to the firekeeper at your base to turn into a companion. Also worth noting is that if you're male, at least, you can get h-scenes with the female human companions.

There are statues scattered throughout the game that act as your checkpoints. You can fast travel, change companions, heal, and save (in that order on the menu) when you interact with them.

In the home base, you have access to various NPCs that help you in different ways. You have one that acts like a firekeeper and lets you level up, as well as giving you a reward for each boss you clear in the form of either turning the boss into a companion or giving you a piece of their equipment. There's a blacksmith who can sell you some basic weapons and also improve your current ones, as long as you have the "souls" and the material for it. The item shop keeper is in another part of the home base map and sells you healing wares. As you progress through the game, you'll find other human characters who, upon recruitment, will appear in your homebase and sell you spells and skills as well.

The game is pretty straightfoward and you can probably figure out a large majority of its mechanics without a translation. There some pretty nifty features in the game, like if you pause and go to your character page (the book icon when you pause), you can use a half-naked model instead if you're female. And again, there's a New Game+ feature, meaning once you beat the game, it'll give you options to enhance your subsequent playthroughs.

The controls take a little getting used to, however, but is actually pretty intuitive.

WASD to move. Double tap W or D to dash. You can't double tap A or S to dash, but if you dash with W or D, then switch to holding A or S, you can dash vertically.
U = Interact
I = Cancel in menus and dodge in combat
O = Opens your skill menu. You need to press and hold O, then select one of your four skills (Using U, I, J, K) to use it. U, I, J, and K can be hotkeyed to a skill in your pause menu
J = Light attack
K = Heavy attack
L = Block
1, 2 = Switch weapons
M = Pause menu. This gives you access to your equipment menu, your item menu, your map, your stats, your records, and the settings.

■ Synopsis
One day, something happened to a small village in the south of the Kingdom of Forvinnia. The entrance to an underground labyrinth suspected of being a monster's den was discovered, and several villagers were kidnapped by something and disappeared. Rumors of monsters attacking people are coming out one after another, and it has finally reached King Forvinnia. In order to calm the turmoil, the local lord is unavoidably trying to attract adventurers with high prize money ...

■ Operation method
WSAD Move
U / Enter Decision
I / Esc Cancel
J Light attack
K Heavy attack
L Defense
O Skill list
Y Item list
H Character switching
1/2 Weapon switching
M / Esc menu
Please check the detailed tutorial in the game.
The operation settings can be changed.

■ Game contents
Dungeon capture ARPG
You can select the gender of the main character, and the event will change depending on the gender of the main character.
Enemy characters other than the main boss can be ally with the skill of the main character.
There are lap elements and multi-endings.
lap bonuses and bonus characters can be used after the second lap.

■ Etch scene
Defeat insult, mental control is the main
heroine half-naked mode available
Erotic scene total about 40

■ Voice actor list (character appearance order)
Heroine / Connet / Sealer Sharon = Broad beans.
Blacksmith Yuna = Ryo Suzuki Ryo
Merchant Lamia / Gentleman Katrina = Megum Morino
Female Swordfighter Fatina = Aya Kuchitani
Mysterious Demon Liliam = Miki Honda

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
This thread has been moved to the H-Section to be locked. Translated DLSite information is not an acceptable substitute for an actual description. If you wish to preserve this thread, please PM a moderator with an updated OP.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
OP updated and thread unlocked.

Feckless

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
any idea where to go after the fourth area? The game has been fairly straightforward up til now so I didn't pay any attention to the text. I beat the boss and saved the merchant's sister, but the area is a dead end. Also killed the hidden boss in the first area.

lolt

Reputation score
im about to have a complete save just need to get a few more animations.

hd00d

Reputation score
any idea where to go after the fourth area? The game has been fairly straightforward up til now so I didn't pay any attention to the text. I beat the boss and saved the merchant's sister, but the area is a dead end. Also killed the hidden boss in the first area.
In the city, there's a locked crystal in a house. From the teleport statue to the house, there's an item on the floor which is a key that unlocked the crystal and leads to the final area.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
how to unlock final boss?
Follow what hdood said and clear that level (it's a forest level). You also need to clear the dungeon level that comes after the tower and city. Go back to home base after you beat both bosses and talk to the firekeeper girl (the one that lets you level up) and claim your rewards for beating the boss. Talk to her again and she'll give you another item. Now you can use the checkpoints to teleport to the boss directly.
how do I get the succubus?
In the beginning room of the city, there is a house with an open door. Go inside and walk to the left and you'll see some triangles on the ground. Interact with it and you'll summon the succubus. Without knowing what she's actually saying, I found that just selecting the second choice for all of your dialogue will recruit her.

ryuujian

Reputation score
I played my first run with one of the girls, which was a mistake because there's like 5 ero animations in total with her. The second run with the guy was better, but honestly the game is not fun enough for 3 different playthroughs.

Feckless

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
In the city, there's a locked crystal in a house. From the teleport statue to the house, there's an item on the floor which is a key that unlocked the crystal and leads to the final area.
THANK YOU! I must have been through those areas at least half a dozen times and missed it each time.

Anyways, pretty alright game. The combat is as shallow as all their other games, but the systems they've added around it are interesting at least. The H-scenes feel so tacked on and uninteresting tho, even by their standards.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Hmm, on my 2nd playthrough and still not sure how to recruit the girl who blocks you in the second area. If I go around her, she just permantly disappears....but I've been everywhere else and even defeated the area's boss.....and she still won't let me through or join me.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Hmm, on my 2nd playthrough and still not sure how to recruit the girl who blocks you in the second area. If I go around her, she just permantly disappears....but I've been everywhere else and even defeated the area's boss.....and she still won't let me through or join me.
That's kinda weird... That's actually how you recruit her. You take the upper path to go around her. When you get back to the area she's in from the other side, you should get a cutscene with her fighting an enemy. She'll thank you for your help, and then join you. I dunno if items have anything to do with it, but I picked up all items along the way as I walked the path. I also didn't beat the boss first; I recruited her first before beating him.

Ghotty

Demon Girl
Reputation score
gee wizz, one of the heroines looks awful familiar.

Mirrorphase

Lurker
Reputation score
Make sure you download the latest version from DLSite. The game experienced some game-breaking bugs in the first few days of release. The 2 november 1.05 version should be good. Note that it will overwrite your saves, but it's probably best to restart anyway. If that area works correctly, upon going around her and reaching the area she was at, you get a short cutscene of her fighting a ghost and then talking to you. Afterwards, she will be in town, to the right of the item lady, selling skills. She'll also join your party.

I'm also attaching a full CG save for those who want one. Overwrite your system.dat in your Iris Convenant\system folder.

Attachments

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Yup, was playing an old version so it was bugged. I SHOULD have figured that out earlier when one of my axes became a sword and another kept changing it's property from axe to polearm.
Oh well, lessons for the future.

Thanks DF and super lurker.

Mirrorphase

Lurker
Reputation score
Yup, was playing an old version so it was bugged. I SHOULD have figured that out earlier when one of my axes became a sword and another kept changing it's property from axe to polearm.
Oh well, lessons for the future.

Thanks DF and super lurker.
Happy to help! I've been coming here for years to find help, about time I give something back. :)