What's new

ACT Mod [Mc Swagger] Mission Mermaiden – The Downfall of Hasumi

ChupacabraGonzales

Reputation score
I don't know if this is intended, but the Visor Hack % in 3-2 is progressing on its own. I thought that the percentage only builds up while equipped with a visor and another visor enemy is is channeling hack on you.

This can once again lead to frustration as I got to the 3-2 boss fight while visor hack was at 94%, it progressed by itself all the way to 100% during the fight, obviously it then interrupted the fight to give me the visor game over, which I assume will now reset my progress.
There are so many visor enemies in 3-2 that it just becomes less annoying to let one equip onto you rather than keep having to struggle out of 4-5 visors in a row.

Also, when you get max corruption while having a creepy collar and slave hack equipped, you start a new game with these two debuffs carrying over, but the creepy collar instantly starts prompting transformation, which occurs automatically once it drains all your willpower. This then leads to the slave hack game over ending, thus teleporting you back to 3-1.

I also noticed that once you remove the Slave Hack, when you get it again and charge it to 100%, it will trigger the Mari gave over event once more. Could we maybe have a limit to how many times these events can be triggered in one playthrough/corruption life?

Eyri Purpur

Lurker
Reputation score
AAAAAHH I CAN'T WAIT FOR 1.2!
90245154_p10.png 90245154_p17.png

In all seriousness though this is pretty fun. There are lots of small bugs and things that need tweaking, but I'm still having a good time with it! I'm just sad I finally got to the later part of the game only to game over and start over.
I shoulda just save scummed more ;~;
Well, back to 1-1 I go

Raaage

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Ironically the first stages are probably harder cause of how gimped Hasumi is without any good equipments but yeah once you get a couple of good stuff you can just roll the bosses.

Nick_1357

Reputation score
Quick heads up: I am gonna drop ver1.02 tomorrow so you can check out the changes on the weekend
[Sorry its late... Will give an explanation of these changes tomorrow]
Slug Boss: Fix a bug where hasumi got soft locked after escaping from h scene.
WP regeneration delay 1s->0.2s
WP regeneration delay after depletion 3s->0.8s
WP regeneration after Orgasm ("Climax" state) +50% -> +200%
WP regeneration during h scene -75%
WP cost for struggle during h scene 1->0
Can Struggle interval 0.85+2.55*(WP/(WPmax-PP)) -> 0.75+2.65*(WP/WPmax)
Energy drain 0.15->0.12
Max WP Item (Waist Bag Extention) 3(5)->5(10), Max PP Item (with Neck Pouch Extention) 3(5)->5(10)
Remove cost of parasite seed xor egg 375->750
Removing of fetal parasite also removes egg and seed (total cost 2750 ->2400)
Removed scaling of state removing cost with corruption, increased cost of all state remove ~10%-20%
Removed costs for returning to base
Bug fix: h scene of mobile enemies could rotate due to terain or initial rotation of enemy
Bug fix: forging equipment could result in rewarding 2 pieces of equipment
Bug fix: Sneak path for curiosity to trigger a chair through the wall
Fix: Handicap tag asigned falsely
Corruption end: After hitting full corruption, the player gets resetted to the beginning of the world (instead of 1-1). The fragments (rooms and bosses) of the current world are resetted. States are not removed. This does not apply to bad ends
Number of equipment is now limited to 11 due to technical reasons
Milk trap: Lactating status starts to be applied in third->first stage of h scene
Invincibility time after escape 0.75s -> 2s
Hey man, appreciate the fact that your are still striving to receive critical feedback from the players even if they kinda sound harsh sometimes and put efforts to improve your mod using their feedback and not throwing a tantrum fit or something. I also like the fact that you still have a stance on what your vision of the mod should be. Keeping a nice balance between what you think is right for your project and feedback from the players is key! Not a lot of devs do that in general and will usually result in them just ignoring the criticism.

Thanks for the mod and keep up the good work!

OP
Mc Swagger

Mc Swagger

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Version 1.02 is out now:
Slug Boss: Fix a bug where hasumi got soft locked after escaping from h scene.
WP regeneration delay 1s->0.5s
WP regeneration delay after depletion 3s->1s
WP regeneration after Orgasm ("Climax" state) +50% -> +200%
WP regeneration during h scene -80%
WP cost for struggle during h scene 1->0
Can Struggle interval 0.85+2.55*(WP/(WPmax-PP)) -> 0.75+2.65*(WP/WPmax)
Energy drain 0.15->0.12
Max WP Item (Waist Bag Extention) 3(5)->5(10), Max PP Item (with Neck Pouch Extention) 3(5)->5(10)
Remove cost of parasite seed xor egg 375->750
Removing of fetal parasite also removes egg and seed (total cost 2750 ->2400)
Removed scaling of state removing cost with corruption, increased cost of all state remove ~10%-20%
Removed costs for returning to base
Bug fix: h scene of mobile enemies could rotate due to terain or initial rotation of enemy
Bug fix: forging equipment could result in rewarding 2 pieces of equipment
Bug fix: Sneak path for curiosity to trigger a chair through the wall
Fixed: Handicap tag asigned falsely
Corruption end: After hitting full corruption, the player gets resetted to the beginning of the world (instead of 1-1). The fragments (rooms and bosses) of the current world are resetted. States are not removed. This does not apply to bad ends
Bad ends: The player will return to the world map after the event (instead of returning to the first stage of the corresponding world)
Fixed: After game over the progress (unlocked stages) would be overwritten
Fixed: After beating the game the player could select "exit stage" in menu
Fixed: Loading a completed run now leads to world map (does not apply to existing save files)
Fixed: States that apply over time are paused in bad end scenes
Rework: All non h scene projectiles are now negelected by the transformation suit
Number of equipment is now limited to 11 due to technical reasons
Milk trap: Lactating status starts to be applied in third->first stage of h scene
Invincibility time after escape 0.75s -> 2s
Damage against Slug boss 44->52 which means ~16% less HP
Damage with rail gun against all bosses 100% of normal attack dmg -> 33% of normal attack dmg
Queen: will drop their guard after hitting 4 blocking an attack. Duration of guard stance 1.5s->2s
The most important innovation concerns the handling of willpower in combat. Many players found it too punishing to run out of willpower after just a few hits and have to wait for it to regenerate. This is essentially mitigated by the weakened delay times. Players who spam will still be penalized, but you can now get back into the fight much faster.
Furthermore, negative chain reactions after escaping are significantly reduced, as the invulnerability time has been increased and willpower regenerates very quickly after a climax.
Willpower is now no longer consumed when escaping, so the player no longer needs to pay attention to the resource here. However, the difficulty of the QTE depends on the amount of willpower available, so freeing with little willpower is impossible. So it is especially dangerous to be caught with little willpower.
There will be no way to reduce corruption, as this is the basic design. However, game over due to corruption should be much less frustrating now that the entire game is not reset. Don't drive yourself crazy if you lose.... That's part of the concept ;)

lolol123123123

Reputation score
Found a potential bug? After the visor hack minigame, it sends me back to the select a stage screen but I can't interact with the map or anything. The game isn't frozen because the animations in the background are still playing, but I can't click on anything or select a new stage.

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score
I really like what your mod does with this game. The rape and corruption scenes now feel much more "natural" when they are happening. But I also have to agree with the critics that the resource management aspect is rather tedious and time-consuming which does not fit this kind of game. You know we really like to play this game for its scenes and kinks, but if you have to watch these scenes a dozen times over and over again because the resource management system screws you over, this all really loses its appeal pretty fast. I know that the main goal for many is seeing poor Hatsumi-Chan struggle but we also really want the control over what she has to struggle through and not maybe the same thing over and over again because of intentional design that forces us to repeat the same meandering scenario over and over again.

OP
Mc Swagger

Mc Swagger

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Found a potential bug? After the visor hack minigame, it sends me back to the select a stage screen but I can't interact with the map or anything. The game isn't frozen because the animations in the background are still playing, but I can't click on anything or select a new stage.
You are right.... To many edge cases
Hot fix Ver1.03:

ozonkzvipa81in7/ver103.zip/file

ChupacabraGonzales

Reputation score
How do you advance the Parasite Egg debuff? Do I need to get it in a specific stage?
I got it in 1-3, beat 1-4, re-ran 1-1 through 1-4 (took the shortcut to 1-2 boss, don't know if trigger is supposed to be in that level) and am now in 2-2 but still no effect on Parasite Egg...

Nevermind, I figured it out.
I remember that while the mod was a work-in-progress there was some sort of list detailing all the changes to the status conditions. I am guessing it got removed to preserve the element of surprise, but it would be nice if it became available again after the mod is out for a while.

Also, if you use transform to get out of the MIlk Trap restraint, it frees you without activating transform, so your energy is still full.

Last edited:
OP
Mc Swagger

Mc Swagger

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The final boss with Saki feels like her HP got nerfed (that's really good) since that boss fight was very glitchy in the original.
I really did not like it in the vanilla game and the alpha testers and I had no bright idea how to fix it. The main problem is that Saki has no scene so it is a non hentai fight really. By combining the organ and saki into one fight it is a little better imo. Never the less I made it relatively easy to beat. It is no glorious showdown this way but why would I stretch a boring fight?
I'm not sure if this mod tweaked the Whip Lady's blocking habits, but they are very block-happy and there are a TON of them. Which ties into the Slave Collar > Hack from them is a very powerful debuff on Hasumi. It's pretty much a gameover if left untreated. So if a player ever "Saves" the game with Slave Hack Condition, it could be a soft-lock gameover loop for the player to start over.
Toned down on it a bit with ver1.02 but a frontal attack is not very effective against these enemies ;)
You can continue after the bad end scene, so you should be not soft locked (with hot fix 1.03 atleast)
There is a current bug with re-Loading the same save file (after an unwanted result in gameplay; pretend about to gameover), some of the Condition, Equipment and Values are temporarily carried over. As long as you don't save on top of the files, his can be fixed by re-Loading a different save file or by closing and opening back up the game.
Not sure yet how to track this bug down but it is on my list
Would also be nice to have an explanation of what kind of benefits transformation provides. Apart from instant escape and I believe some projectile immunity, I do not know what is the benefit of transformation.
With ver1.03 I stressed the point that is given in tutorial 1-1: "It blocks all projectiles". Pre 1.03 these were only common projectiles of the patrol or robot enemies but now also all boss projectiles that are non h are blocked.
Did you intend to have the progression of curiosity hidden during buildup by the way? Currently the % doesn't update while it's increasing, and you only see the new value once you move outside the drone's area of influence, and I can't tell if it's a bug or deliberate because not being able to tell how brainwashed you are while you're in the middle of being brainwashed is such a goddamn brilliant idea, but it doesn't happen with any of the other % status as far as I've seen sooo... If that was deliberate, great job! If not... maybe keep it anyway? It's such a great case of gameplay mechanics perfectly fitting the situation.
Even if I hadn't done it on purpose, it would be impossible to admit it after this great praise. I liked the idea that the player is not sure at first where this state is comming from, which binds nicely into the curiosity theme. These orbs were quite some work but turned out nicely imo. Thanks for the appreciation
Edit: It seems like being near the recharging chair increments bad states other than curiosity? In my case i went from being Lactating 21% to Milk Filled 89%
Should not be the case. Let me know if that is a reproducable bug.... seems pretty strange
Please give us option to delete/sell equipment if you implement hard cap.
As I mentioned it is technically very very hard to realise. What I need is some buttons that I can use for that function to be implemented. Sadly the equipment menu has no element (or space for that matter) to use, so I had to take an ui element from somewhere else, clone it and hack the function into it. That is very messy and prone to be buggy and a lot of work. I understand that you want to complete the set, but I need to encourage you to start a new game with new equipment. I tired to make equipment interesting enough so any of it would make a difference and influences the play style.
1.02 changes sound fantastic! Though I'll be a little sad to say goodbye to the slugs sending Hasumi spinning out....
How could I miss these! Still not sure when and how this bug creeped into the code
I shoulda just save scummed more ;~;
Dont!
Ironically the first stages are probably harder cause of how gimped Hasumi is without any good equipments but yeah once you get a couple of good stuff you can just roll the bosses.
True. I am thinking of drastically reducing the enemies for the first play through of 1-1. It is not a good tutorial for beginners!

How do you advance the Parasite Egg debuff? Do I need to get it in a specific stage?
I got it in 1-3, beat 1-4, re-ran 1-1 through 1-4 (took the shortcut to 1-2 boss, don't know if trigger is supposed to be in that level) and am now in 2-2 but still no effect on Parasite Egg...
What do you need to fertililze an egg?
Having a h scene with 3 slugs or the slug boss gives you the seed
I remember that while the mod was a work-in-progress there was some sort of list detailing all the changes to the status conditions. I am guessing it got removed to preserve the element of surprise, but it would be nice if it became available again after the mod is out for a while.
Yes that is urgent! I have a full change log but it is messy and unsorted. Need to clean it up before I can post it
Also, if you use transform to get out of the MIlk Trap restraint, it frees you without activating transform, so your energy is still full.
Good find! Actually the flesh trap and Mari have the same bug. Allready fixed for 1.04!

Eyri Purpur

Lurker
Reputation score
It's not a problem anymore since I don't gotta start over from the beginning again with the new update. I just didn't wanna start over from the beginning again.

I should prolly mention this if it hasn't been mentioned here before, but if you roll 2 equips with -50% on the same thing, such as jump attacks, crouching attacks, or energy consumption they all become free to use w

EDIT: I prefer the way transformed Hasumi looks so I play transformed as much as possible (I kinda wish I could nerf the projectile protection on it tho)

OP
Mc Swagger

Mc Swagger

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I should prolly mention this if it hasn't been mentioned here before, but if you roll 2 equips with -50% on the same thing, such as jump attacks, crouching attacks, or energy consumption they all become free to use w
Jump attack and crouching attack WP reduction are unique and should not stack. All possible energy consumption Items add up to -95% consumption so it is not exactly free ;)

Eyri Purpur

Lurker
Reputation score
Any chance of getting a way to quickly gain corruption for resetting? Sometimes I just wanna game over really quick.
I find myself occasionally wanting to let some lewd scenes play out so I can just enjoy them, but then if I wanna reset the chapter (region?) I gotta wait forever for her corruption to max out (game overs from status effects don't seem to reset the region)

EDIT:
Jump attack and crouching attack WP reduction are unique and should not stack. All possible energy consumption Items add up to -95% consumption so it is not exactly free ;)
I dunno what to tell you, I got two -50% energy consumption items and my energy doesn't decrease at all.
I did my first playthrough using them almost the entire time (doing a second save now)

EDIT 2: I've noticed since updated from 1.00 that when I make equipment using four fragments it usually only has two modifiers instead of three or more like it used to.

Last edited:

ChupacabraGonzales

Reputation score
What do you need to fertililze an egg?
Having a h scene with 3 slugs or the slug boss gives you the seed
Yeah I didn't realise the mini snails had their own debuff since I never got caught by more than 2 without escaping. And for the snail boss, I figured out how to beat it without taking damage, so I never got the chance to check for any status conditions :) It happened by accident cause I was too greedy and ran at boss to deliver final hit while low on willpower and ended up being burrowstriked.

While it is quite inefficient, I do want to point out that bosses seem to reward a fragment on repeat runs (probably cause collecting the fragment counts as the level exit trigger). One could technically repeatedly farm 1 boss until they get all the fragments they need.
For anyone curious about grinding this way I suggesting save scumming until you get the kneeling attack boost as your first T4 equipment, then keep rerunning 1-2 snail boss, there is shortcut at the start of the level.

Nesirb

Reputation score
Should not be the case. Let me know if that is a reproducable bug.... seems pretty strange
I messed around a bit trying to reproduce it, found out it had nothing to do with the chair but instead related to the Iron Maidens (the slavesuit girls). I managed to reproduce it once but I can't narrow down the cause.. after getting grabbed by one of them and escaping, it seemed that my Lactating debuff started incrementing by itself as I was just walking around, and it would progress to Milk Filled. Either way this bug seems hard to stumble on.
I don't know if this is intended, but the Visor Hack % in 3-2 is progressing on its own. I thought that the percentage only builds up while equipped with a visor and another visor enemy is is channeling hack on you.
I think this might be related, only in this case its Visor Hack instead of Lactating.
I'm running the base game v1.15, and the mod v1.03 if that's of any help.
There is a current bug with re-Loading the same save file (after an unwanted result in gameplay; pretend about to gameover), some of the Condition, Equipment and Values are temporarily carried over. As long as you don't save on top of the files, his can be fixed by re-Loading a different save file or by closing and opening back up the game.
.. when saving in the middle of the stage and loading that save, you don't actually load the state saved, you simply get sent back to the start with the same stats and character state you had when you load the save. However, if you exit to menu and then load the save, everything works correctly.
I also think these two are the same bug instance. For now, to bypass this you don't have to close the entire game, only exit to main menu and load from there

Edit: I've narrowed down the random-debuff increment bug some more. It happens when an Iron Maiden hits you normally, in addition to some other trigger I'm unsure of. I think what happened was one Iron Maiden hit me with a grab, while another one hit me normally, canceling the grab and starting the increment bug? I'm not 100% sure though.

Last edited:

OneRest

Reputation score
Is the restraint trap in the second world supposed to give you Lactating status on the fist stage or is that a bug?

elpis123avbc

Reputation score
Hello,

Just want to say thank you to Mc Swagger for bringing to us such an enjoyable and briliant mod! Thank you for giving us a new look of this game!

On top of that, I just want to check with you about the blue plant at the base. On version 1.00 and 1.01, the plant can be envolved to its second stage (by giving it 5 corruption point). However, this function has been removed on version 1.03 so I just want to know if this is a mistake or did you remove it on purpose? I know that we can't reduce the corruption point but at least, can we still keep these animation together xD

Edit: Nvm, I found out that we have to raise the corruption over 50 point for the plant to evolve into its second stage

Also, I found out a strange behaviour - when you have hypnosis and latend hypnosis effect and you walk into the trap of the soldier, they will make a really strange noise, perhaps this have something to do with the animation sequence?

Last edited: