What's new

ACT Patreon Active Vore [Mega Blue Ball] Mystic Knight Maya

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello everyone!

My name is Laek and I'm an amateur indie game developer.
About a year and a half ago I released my first hentai game called (ulmf thread here). I've enjoyed making that little game so much that I'm now working on my second bigger project: Mystic Knight Maya.

[GAMEPLAY]

It's a 2D action platformer with some light metroidvania elements, such as non-linear exploration, inventory system, special skills, dialogue, etc. You will start the game on the beaches of a mysterious island and from there you will be able to explore it at your leisure, trying to find a way to escape from it and discovering its mysteries. While exploring the island you will encounter its many inhabitants that wish to only do harm to the main character, but you will also meet some neutral NPC's that might help or hinder your journey.

[CONTROLS]

You can rebind the controls and it will also support gamepads in the future, but the current default keyboards controls are:

Basic Keys:
-------------
X: Basic Attack/Confirm
Z: Jump/Cancel
C: Camera Look/Zoom
D: Dash (acquire the dash skill first)
SPACEBAR: Interact/Talk
P: Pause the game
ESC: Open/Close in game menu

Debug Keys:
---------------
F5: Restore all health
F6: Restore all defense
F7: Restore all spirit
F8: Reset Armor

[DEMO]

Currently the game has all the basic systems done, and as I continue working on it I'll improve and refine them:
  • You can walk around and explore a small section of the island. At the moment there is a simple attack combo system and a single special skill: Dash. In the future I want to make it include more special skills and the player will be able to mix and match different skills to dispatch enemies and solve puzzles.
  • It has a damage system where if you are damaged by less than 20% of your health, you can keep acting freely. As you increase your defense stat, you will be able to withstand greater damage and use this mechanic to your advantage.
  • Armor damage. Maya starts with her default armor, then it gets destroyed to her underwear, and the that is ripped and she is naked. Currently, it's just a simple implementation whereas if your defense gets to zero, your current clothing breaks. But in the future I want to make it so enemies can grab you even if your defense is filled, they can do a check of their strength and the player's current strength stat to forcefully remove it, and also certain enemy skills will have a bigger chance of ripping the clothes prematurely, thus making the system more dynamic.
  • Dialogue system. The player will be able to talk with NPC's and inspect elements and objects around the island. There will also be a shop to purchase items and upgrades.
  • Ero grabs and grapple defense. In the full game, every enemy will have at least 1 grabbing animation and 1 ero animation. For now, to escape a grab is the run of the mill button masher, but I'm not a fan of that. The system I want to implement in the future will take into account the strength difference, and will be a different approach to player input in order to escape.
  • Quartz system and corruption. Quartz will be the currency of the game, that you will need to buy stuff and use on certain things to progress in the game, and for now you can just collect it on the map. But in the future you will only be able to collect quartz from defeating enemies. The more corrupted the main character gets, the more quartz monsters will drop so it will be a trade-off system, taking into play also if the character is naked or not, etc.

The list will be more or less the same as in my previous game, but now I want to have more content of each type. This list is the core stuff that will be in there, but there may or may not be some additions to it as well depending on the course of development:

Vanilla sex/Anal
Blowjob/Deep Throat/Cum Swallow
Yuri
Futanari
Foot Fetish
Insect
Tentacles/Creatures/Fictitious Monstrous Beasts
Soft Vore
Mild Ryona (bondage/hair pulling/belly punching/belly expansion)

[DOWNLOAD AND OTHER LINKS]

Current public version (13/April/2020): Alpha 0.1h -

Last edited:
OP
laek

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I would also really appreciate any feedback from the prototype!

Initially I was going to develop this 2nd game like I did my first one: I worked on it in private until it was 90% done, then released a demo and soon after the full game.

But this time, for a number or reasons I was convinced to at least try a patreon, so here we are. If the campaign goes well, I'll basically be able to work more frequently on the game and overall improve its quality. If it does not go well, I'll just revert back to my usual schedule of just working on it infrequently.

I can assure you this, this game is getting done one way or another, as my goal is to to release complete games. The key difference is that working in the pace I'm now, the game will be complete god knows when. But with the possibility of a patreon, I might be able to setup consistent development times and updates and deliver on my vision of the full game much sooner, as I have pretty clear goalposts and I tend to avoid feature creep, basically the same development approach as with Pixie Panic Garden.

Well that's about it. Again, feel free to shot me up with any questions for the game or development in general, I'll be around.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Wuumaster

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Your fetish list has me interested. Controls + Game play description (and future systems) got my $2... for now =D

Do you intend to add much in the way of status effects, particularly visible ones? Given the tentacles/insect I wouldn't be surprised by Ovi & Preg, but you didn't list them so I figure I'd ask.

Good luck with development!

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Ah, the next game from you. I enjoyed your previous work, fetishes and gameplay together, I'm excited to see what you'll bring this time. I'll probably throw some dough your way for your patreon soon enough, if not to just help with the 'ol motivation. Can't wait to see what you'll bring for this game.

OP
laek

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@Wuumaster
Thank you! I toyed around with the idea of status effects while creating the design of the game but then put it aside to focus on the core mechanics. So for now I can't tell you for sure as it is possible that during the course of development that idea may come back naturally... specially pregnancy would be very interesting to make. It would be a lot of sprite work to have a good looking belly in all the main character's actions, but if there is demand I would 100% do it.

@UnexpectedTwist
I'm glad you enjoyed my work!

For now I'll focus first on drawing the ero animations for the enemies that are currently in the game, as I'd guess that's what people mostly want to see. Right after I'll implement the music/sound system and design the proper forest stage culminating in the first boss, that is very likely to be a beast of some kind.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Some issues I've encountered: I jumped off the map into the water at the start to see what kind of restart system there was, health was gone but no button allowed me to restart or pause the game, had to close the window and re-open. Later encountered the same issue when losing to the first insect enemy (standing too close to the ledge causes an instakill by the moving platform, thought I'd bring this up in case it wasn't intended).
After loss to the insect I closed the window and re-opened the game, which spawned me at the save point. From here I couldn't move, and no key stroked opened the pause window and had to close the game with the task manager.

obligitury

Sex Demon
Reputation score
why is the F key being used to open the menu when I try to change the Z key to the F key for my jump? its kina hurting me a bit because the controls keep trying to change on me just because the game wants F to be pause for whatever reason.

OP
laek

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Your feedback is really invaluable information. I appreciate you for taking the time to write them.

I already confirmed many of the issues reported here and elsewhere, so for the next release I'll have them all fixed plus new content.

ryproar

Reputation score
Hey you are making another game? Count me in! I really liked the Garden Panic and if this is as good as that count me as sold. (y)

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score
I know this game is in alpha stage but I think it's really too soon to offer us a demo! 😄

More seriously, I can't do anything.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Looking great so far. I really like the ideas you have about armor and grapples too.
It controls very tight, though I do hate some of the pixel-perfect platforming like that part with loads of floating blocks.
I think one major improvement to the core gameplay is a block and/or dodge system, for both the player and enemies - Obviously it's too early to say especially with everything planned, but so far fighting enemies is almost completely trivial and unchallenging. Block/dodge systems would add (more) timing to the equation.
I had a bug where after I lost and reloaded the save, touching enemies didn't deal me any damage, only the projectiles did.
Oh, and I couldn't figure out what the sign was trying to get me to work out, with being able to access the potion early. I tried jumping on one of the starfish but that just damaged me

Anyway it's very promising already. I really liked the different animation for crouching while naked, and the art for the opening cutscene is great.

I know this game is in alpha stage but I think it's really too soon to offer us a demo! 😄

More seriously, I can't do anything.
New game is the 2nd menu option

OP
laek

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@ryproar
I'm happy that you enjoy my games!

@Jesus
I appreciate the feedback!
Block and dodge are certainly going to be in the game, in the form of skills that the player can acquire and use. There is already a basic skill in the game called dash that phases you trough enemies and bullets. As I add more skills the player will have more tools to use and combine.
The current enemies in the game are just the beginner friendly ones. On that note, future enemies will prove more challenging and pose a bigger threat to the player with different behaviors and attacks.
You guessed it right, you can jump on top of a starfish and from there jump again to reach that area. In the future there may be skills that will help with that as well.
As for bugs they will be all fixed on the next release coming soon.

@Legrandxav
Weird bug... Does it happen every time you run the game? Could you share some info to help me track it down? Like what OS are you using, system resoluton and if you're playing on windowed or full screen.

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score
@Legrandxav
Weird bug... Does it happen every time you run the game? Could you share some info to help me track it down? Like what OS are you using, system resoluton and if you're playing on windowed or full screen.
Hello, yes it happen everytimes, I tried to download the game one more time but the same problem happen.

I'm on Windows 10, 1440X900 and I play Fullscreen.

There is just that problem, otherwise, the game is running normally.

Ho just a question: What is the key in the chest just before the merchant? It can't be picked.

OP
laek

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've just released version alpha 0.1b and updated the download link in the OP with the . The main additions of this version are the 3 new ero animations, a proper forest stage, an audio system and a zoom feature.

Additionally, lot's of bug fixes and QoL improvements made based on your feedback reported here and elsewhere. For a list of all changes please check the changelog bellow, and as always your feedback is very much appreciated.

@Legrandxav
I think I fixed this bug, please give it a spin and let me know if it's solved. Regarding the chest, yes it currently can't be picked. It's just there for debug purposes and I'll remove it soon.

Added 3 new full grab/ero animations (grabing loop, ero loop 1, 2 & 3, climax and climax loop).
  • Lazy Starfish (beach stage)
  • Naughty Barnacles (beach stage)
  • Spit Bud (forest stage)
Implemented the audio system framework, adding 6 music themes and over 40 sound effects.
  • Many of those SFX are placeholders/temporary, and they will replaced or improved upon in terms of equalization and volume, etc.
  • There are still SFX missing from this release, such as menu navigation for instance.
  • Also there is no voice for Maya as of yet. I want to commission a VA in the future and have a good range of voices both for normal gameplay as well as for the ero animations.
Designed the 1st half of the proper forest stage.
  • The other half will lead to the boss when it's implemented.
Can now cycle trough zoom levels during ero/grab animations, by pressing the CAMERA key (default C key)
  • 3 zoom levels: normal, zoom x1, zoom x2
Fixed controls that couldn't be configured because the game was unpausing when trying to rebind the keys.
Couldn't use the SHIFT keys to bind controls.
Now when binding a key, if that key is already bound on another control they are swapped automatically.
When the player falls into a pit, movement input is now forbidden for a short while after re-spawning.
Display the stage name when switching between stages.
Added better slash effects when hitting enemies.
Fixed a soft-lock state when pausing immediately after a scene load.
Fixed a soft-lock state when returning to the title screen while an ero animation is playing.
Drastically reduced the rate at which health is drained during grab/ero animations (system will be redesigned in the future).
An effect is now played when the player is released from a grab.
Greatly shortened the intro story, removing many lines and summarizing others.
Moving platforms now have spikes underneath them, to signal danger to the player if they stay bellow.
Small parallax effect on the backgrounds for the first level of zoom on the Z axis.
Water bodies now react to objects movement.
Created new options menu: Advanced Options, where the player will be able to toggle some preferences.
Added new advanced option: Turn ON/OFF slowmotion and zoom effect when armor breaks.
Added new advanced option: Turn ON/OFF automatic zoom in during grabs/ero animations.
Lots of minor undocumented fixes/changes.
Removed bulge.

Last edited:

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Great improvement compared to the fairly rough first demo. Definitely a fan of your work and will be eagerly waiting for more updates.

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score
I've just released version alpha 0.1b and updated the download link in the OP with the . The main additions of this version are the 3 new ero animations, a proper forest stage, an audio system and a zoom feature.

Additionally, lot's of bug fixes and QoL improvements made based on your feedback reported here and elsewhere. For a list of all changes please check the changelog bellow, and as always your feedback is very much appreciated.

@Legrandxav
I think I fixed this bug, please give it a spin and let me know if it's solved. Regarding the chest, yes it currently can't be picked. It's just there for debug purposes and I'll remove it soon.

Added 3 new full grab/ero animations (grabing loop, ero loop 1, 2 & 3, climax and climax loop).
  • Lazy Starfish (beach stage)
  • Naughty Barnacles (beach stage)
  • Spit Bud (forest stage)
Implemented the audio system framework, adding 6 music themes and over 40 sound effects.
  • Many of those SFX are placeholders/temporary, and they will replaced or improved upon in terms of equalization and volume, etc.
  • There are still SFX missing from this release, such as menu navigation for instance.
  • Also there is no voice for Maya as of yet. I want to commission a VA in the future and have a good range of voices both for normal gameplay as well as for the ero animations.
Designed the 1st half of the proper forest stage.
  • The other half will lead to the boss when it's implemented.
Can now cycle trough zoom levels during ero/grab animations, by pressing the CAMERA key (default C key)
  • 3 zoom levels: normal, zoom x1, zoom x2
Fixed controls that couldn't be configured because the game was unpausing when trying to rebind the keys.
Couldn't use the SHIFT keys to bind controls.
Now when binding a key, if that key is already bound on another control they are swapped automatically.
When the player falls into a pit, movement input is now forbidden for a short while after re-spawning.
Display the stage name when switching between stages.
Added better slash effects when hitting enemies.
Fixed a soft-lock state when pausing immediately after a scene load.
Fixed a soft-lock state when returning to the title screen while an ero animation is playing.
Drastically reduced the rate at which health is drained during grab/ero animations (system will be redesigned in the future).
An effect is now played when the player is released from a grab.
Greatly shortened the intro story, removing many lines and summarizing others.
Moving platforms now have spikes underneath them, to signal danger to the player if they stay bellow.
Small parallax effect on the backgrounds for the first level of zoom on the Z axis.
Water bodies now react to objects movement.
Created new options menu: Advanced Options, where the player will be able to toggle some preferences.
Added new advanced option: Turn ON/OFF slowmotion and zoom effect when armor breaks.
Added new advanced option: Turn ON/OFF automatic zoom in during grabs/ero animations.
Lots of minor undocumented fixes/changes.
Removed bulge.
Work like a charm!

OP
laek

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've released a new public version of MKM (alpha 0.1h) and I've updated the OP with the download link to the new version, but for convenience I'll post it here too:

Compared to the old version, there are new stages and new types of enemies meaning new ero animations, as well as 2 boss fights and some new collectibles and a plethora of QoL stuff added and/or improved.

Give it a spin and let me know what you think here. Your unfiltered feedback helps me a lot in improving the game.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
The game plays fine but I found a couple of notable bugs

1. Before the alraune boss, you can just kill yourself, restart and pick up the items without the items you already picked up disappearing. This can be done indefinitely

2. The alraune boss is a bit unfair, but one can exploit her grab move for invincibility and then attack her, and when she fires her spores, just make her grab you again and escape after the spores dissipate

3. When the bee grabs you, it's possible to fall through the metal grate on the floor, effectively skipping the first area.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
My connection is trash right now, i can't see shit screenshots besides the cover, but judging from that and from the description, this really reminds me of that Luminous Heart game which got abandoned, and some other game with a Magical Girl Heroine who changed to a blue bikini-esque armor, both which were great and are some of my most appreciated favourites
Awesome

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Didn't get a chance to play it much, but the standing flower enemy really intrigued me, and though it isn't my personal cup o' tea, seeing a transformation kink in a RoR-esque game is pretty rare.. Last time I saw that was in tsunagaro dreams.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one.