What's new

ACT Patreon Active Vore [Mega Blue Ball] Mystic Knight Maya

facefull123

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Im at faes overpass, is that where the trial ends? The knight statue? cant go anyfurther. Missed this second boss somewhere

eatthemuffin

Reputation score
I ran into another bug I haven't seen mentioned here. When you kill one of the fairies or the flying insects and they're in their falling/death animation, they can still grab you and go into the H animation. On one of the occasions that this happened with one of the insects, instead of going into the H animation, both the player sprite and the insect sprite disappeared, leaving only the mash-to-escape bar. Filling the bar by mashing wouldn't let me escape, and I had to open the menu and load game to be able to do anything again.

The latter bug only happened once, while the former happened reliably any time I touched an insect or fairy after defeating them. At least, I assume it's not intended for them to be able to grab you after you defeat them.

OP
laek

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Thank you for the feedback everyone!

1. I'm aware of that behavior. To be honest from a game design perspective I'm still undecided if I want to have respawning common items or not. I might do the castlevania approach where the levels do reset when you re-enter them, but to gather items you have to destroy scenario objects, or maybe like metroid where enemies will drop the items. For now since those are only alpha versions I'll leave the behavior in.

2. Indeed one can exploit grabs in general to avoid the bigger damages. Once I implement the proper ero/corruption grab system there will be a trade-off to avoid that exploit, like having a flat increase to Maya's lust every time she's grabbed.

3. Both the insect and the fairy were grabbing the player during their death animations because I forgot to update their collision boxes. I've fixed that bug which also fixes their collision in general, so no more falling trough the gate.

...luminous hearts...
Heh not many people remember luminous hearts and yeah quite a shame that it got abandoned. I'm glad that my game reminds you of it.

...transformation kink...
That particular scenario was suggested by one of the supporters on patreon and it really turned out way better than I and they expected. It's a really fun kink and I'll try to have more of it in the future.

...is that where the trial ends?...
You're right the demo ends there. To find the second boss you have to return all the way back to the beach where you started the game; use the dash to jump across the water gap to the left and you'll reach a different level of the beach (with a unique enemy) and if you keep going you'll eventually reach the boss.

...death animation bug...
Thanks for the bug report. I've fixed them.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score
I'm sold on the alraune transformation. Wish we saw her capture a victim.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Really enjoying where this game is going!
I have a few concerns though, mostly revolving around movement in the game.
For one, in Turquoise Hills once you go down through the horizontal gate, it seems possible to get stuck on the other side of it? Not sure if that's intended right now.
Platforming segments with flying enemies is just sort of an awful experience, speaking at someone who is not great at platformers, but enjoys metroidvania style games in general despite that.
The game is in dire need of some way to get around more easily, especially if the shop is planned to function at some point. Are you planning to allow warping between save points, perhaps? This would help alleviate situations like getting stuck under the sideways gate in Turquoise Hills.

All that said, I want to stress that it was easy for me to single these things out because the game is otherwise solid.

OP
laek

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@Papanomics

In the future I plan to add a monster infighting mechanic where some creatures will fight and or capture each other, specially given how there are plans to have more enemy girls. So once I have that in place I think I can make it so that when Maya is transformed she too will grab the other girls.

@Stiltzkinator

1. I will add another lever down there so that people go back up. I did intend it to be one-way because soon I'll have an item that allows players to teleport.
2. Those segments can be a bother yes. But those stage layouts aren't final and once I get further into the development, I'll go back and do polishing pass on all of them in terms of gameplay and rework the parts which become too annoying.
3. Yes a teleport item is in the plans and will be coming soon. As you correctly guessed it will allow players to teleport to any previously visited save points.

I'm glad that you've enjoyed the game!

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
am i dumb or is there no way to get clothes back once its broken? the game also decides to stop giving health potions at a certain point, and you don't heal on respawn. i eventually had to give up because i made it to a point where i was naked and had 1 HP with no means to heal myself. I essentially had to play it like the good ol' days of ghouls and ghosts on the psp. mmmmmm.

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
am i dumb or is there no way to get clothes back once its broken? the game also decides to stop giving health potions at a certain point, and you don't heal on respawn. i eventually had to give up because i made it to a point where i was naked and had 1 HP with no means to heal myself. I essentially had to play it like the good ol' days of ghouls and ghosts on the psp. mmmmmm.
At the moment, no there's no way to properly get clothes back. Right now, you can just use debug options to get where you need to go. There's 4 different ones and from F5 to F8. It goes Health, defense(armor integrity), spirits, and armor regain.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score
Really liked the last game, I think I'll really enjoy this one too.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
1. I will add another lever down there so that people go back up. I did intend it to be one-way because soon I'll have an item that allows players to teleport.
2. Those segments can be a bother yes. But those stage layouts aren't final and once I get further into the development, I'll go back and do polishing pass on all of them in terms of gameplay and rework the parts which become too annoying.
3. Yes a teleport item is in the plans and will be coming soon. As you correctly guessed it will allow players to teleport to any previously visited save points.

I'm glad that you've enjoyed the game!
Fair enough! I had a feeling teleportation was coming, something about the layout hinted at it (that's a plus for design!), so I didn't feel too bad asking for it. Hearing that the other parts are known (on top of already having a full game release under your belt) makes me very confident in the future of this game, eagerly looking forward to the rest!

randomguyspain

Reputation score
Reading the preg or ovi idea seems really good. Maybe this could be used to "punish" people (myself included). I use the ero animations to dodge a lot of attacks from enemys with almost no punishment (or just losing 1 hp). Maybe the preg/ov could use a debuff for some seconds, like a little less damage or movespeed.

innatepower01

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I don't know if I have a bad version or something but I can't quite get the debug options to work. Is there anything I need to do to open up a debug menu of some kind, or a special place I need to hit the keys?

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Just gonna do a useful necro on this thread and let you guys know that the game's public demo is now updated to the latest patreon release.

It's got more stages, another boss, and plenty more enemies as well.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
I pretty much fell off of this game when I saw that most of the enemies became vore focused. Is that still the case?

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Yes, there are about 4 or 5 more after the last demo, much to the dismay of those of you that are not fond of vore. Those happen to be enemies and bosses that were suggested by their patrons and won polls on what enemies should be next. There have been regular non-vore enemies as well. Usually about 2 or 3 other enemies that Laek makes themself, and they're usually sex scenes. The next boss that'll come out for the patreon release will be focused on sex. And transformation, I think.
There is a new feature you can use in the settings. A fetish filter. You can toggle on and off specific fetishes so that their respective animations won't play for you. You can also use save points to teleport to other save points you've used, once you beat the boss that's in the beach level. There are also powerups scattered around the levels now that'll increase your stats, like HP, Power, Defense, and your spirit bar (the one for using moves and being able to struggle out of grabs).