What's new

Member Announcements Thread

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Member Announcments Thread

If you're dorming, spend your first weekend just walking around the campus that most of your classes are on (in the case of schools with multiple campuses.) Explore. Get lost. You might even meet some new friends.

For dorming: Just be polite, honeslty its unlikely that you'll get people that you can become good friends with. Depending on who you're with, and which section you're living at, the people in your dorm might party a lot, or they might cloister in their rooms playing Final Fantasy all day. You're going to have to put up with a lot of shit, (especially girlfriends and boyfriends) and it's unlikely that you'll ever be physically alone until you graduate, or move to an off campus apartment. You either have to learn to put up with that, or find a corner somewhere in your campus where you can have a little privacy.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Welcome back Wonderboy.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Anouncment: i bought some headphones two day's ago but they hurt my ears and i can't return them... check back latter to see if i can nag a refund out of the stores people.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Claim they're defective. True you'll get the same kind (usually) but you can then just return *those* and get a refund or different kind. Or, say you want to exchange them for a more expensive pair. Places tend to like when you want to spend more money.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i'm not really to fond of lying... i go back in on saturday and keep complaining then

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Semantics...they're defective...for you. (They don't fit right.) But as someone that's had to deal with situations like that, I can appreciate the honesty, even if I was telling you the means by which most places will start to consider doing an exchange. Hence the offer to buy a more expensive pair. (Doesn't have to be hugely more expensive, just more than what you paid originally) Most managers like the idea of getting a little more money.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

She's right my store doesn't usually give refunds either, but I would be open to an exchange or refund if you agreed to get it at my store and possibly spend more.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i don't want a refund i just want something i can use. its just for health and safety reasons they don't accept returns on headphones (cos they can't resell them)

edit: i was bored before class so i made

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Notice: Have been banned from using my home PC for staying up most of the night posting. Thankfully the uni computers aren't my home computer, neyh neyh neyh. Time limit of one week from today.

Unfortunately, I don't have a reason to be at uni on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, so I won't be able to post on those days. Also, the other days are limited to only about two hours, and Uni takes offence to me going into any of the hentai sections. Thankfully I'm not committed to anything in any of them, except that dojin post I said I would make, which will be delayed somewhat. Yes, I am still trying to get that done, I haven't given up yet. Fleecing a whole site of it's collection, page by page, is an arduous task.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That sucks Host. Hopefully this will be fixed soonish... and how can they ban you from your home PC?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I think he means his parents banned him from the home computer, so that's why when he heads back to uni he can get on.

Pale

Reputation score

...Ok, this is quite spooky. Or just plain old plagiarism.

L's theme, from Death Note.

Something that sounds scarily similar....

P

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

*laughs* As soon as 'L's theme' started playing, I went "If that's not Psycho..." (I got my horror mixed up, but yes, I recognized it as "belonging to something else" right away.)

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

And the Exorcist theme is actually a part from Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Opened two tabs, started L's Theme when the Exorcist Theme hit 1:40, sounded awesome >.<
Though, L's Theme DOES overpower the Exorcist's theme :p

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

They actually call the Exorcist Theme tubular bells.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yes they do, in fact I didn't know it was only part of it till now. Also see ya when you return Sinful since I haven't said that yet.

garfield751

Lurker
Reputation score

imma gonna be gone up until about the 17th or 18th depending on traffic conditions. imma be going to LA to do shit. i prefer to stay up here in the wine country tho...aw well.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Seeya when you return, I prefer the wine country as well. Of course who would like LA.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Thanks Ronny.