What's new

ACT [Menz Studio] Atelier Tia (RJ273582)

astgerte

Reputation score
Can someone advise on how to get the game to recognise controllers?
It doesn't seem to be as simple as plug-and-play for me.

OP
saga55555

saga55555

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Can someone advise on how to get the game to recognise controllers?
It doesn't seem to be as simple as plug-and-play for me.
I test game with gamepad f310 logitech. It just plug and play. Maybe you need to restart once.
For PS4 controller, you need DS4Windows program but I never use it. So I don't know how it's work.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I bought the game on itch.io, and it's definitely been fun so far. Good brawling combat, and there's definitely some neat improvements on the VI system. I might have found a bug, though.

I just beat the second boss, started an interactive cutscene and it looks like the red meter stopped filling up partway. You have a whipping button, two toggles, and none of them increase the red meter past a certain point. I don't see the yellow continue button popping up anywhere either. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I ended up figuring out I could skip the scene with P. It seems to work fine in the gallery, hopefully I didn't miss anything important that happened in between that and briefing for next level.
EDIT2: Oh hey, you can revisit regular cutscenes too. Great! Thanks, looks like the dev thought of everything.

Last edited:
Reputation score
Actually I found a similar bug in the gallery. I was viewing one of the game over scenes, fullscreened the game, and after that the "Continue" button vanished. Had to exit the scene.

Not a huge deal, but, thought I'd notify.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Just finished the forest, and it was kinda confusing. I ended up wandering around getting into the same fights over and over. Maybe I was supposed to follow red mushrooms, but it was difficult to figure the patterns out and I've missed a couple hostages so far. I wonder if there's some kind of level map I can access, that might make figuring these layouts out easier.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I've now finished the game. Very impressive overall, I'm looking forward to seeing what the dev creates next! My main points of criticism:
1. A map would be REALLY helpful. I got lost several times, I never found half the hostages, and I would have appreciated a tool to make that easier.
2. There was no in-game hint that sometimes you need to use bombs to open passages. I'd appreciate if you had an examine option pop up for stuff like that so you could get hints.

I liked the level design in Virgin Invader a bit better, and I liked calling in support characters better than the item system here, but the RPG systems and options for developing Tia in different ways were really cool! I also like that the difficulty lets people adjust for a challenge level they find more appealing. Story was a step up, definitely got a chuckle or two out of me.

Overall, I'm VERY excited to see what MenzStudio works on next, thanks for an excellent game!

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Honestly got kind of annoyed that most of the boss battles were really dependent on summoned mobs for their difficulty.

Last edited:

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Honestly got kinda of annoyed that most of the boss battles were really dependent on summoned mobs for their difficulty.
It's an interesting trade-off, since female mobs let you recharge your special attacks. I definitely think the second to last stage could have done with less zerg rushing, tho. Plenty of times, I finished off a boss, only to turn around and see 2-6 enemies that I needed to mop up. Would have been kinda nice if they KOed along with the leader.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
For instance, there's a lava waterfall blocking one hostage you can remove with an ice bomb. I didn't want to spend an hour looking them up across various forum threads, but I suspect that one hostage behind an ice wall is accessible with fire bombs and there's probably more.

Casual19

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Bit late to the party here, sorry I'm bumping this but I couldn't find an answer for this.
How does one trigger the game over scenes? Specifically the CG scenes. I assume you would get it from losing, but continue just continues and quit well, quits the game. Beating the stage does unlock the scene in the gallery, but is there really no way to see it during gameplay? Or am I missing something?

sung1332

Reputation score
There is one hostage in the forest map that I'm sharing the location :
after defeating the first boss from where elf stats leading the path, go right, right, right, portal, right, right (different direction from the elf here) -> left (back to where you came from) and you find a hostage there.
I tried finding the last hostage in the forest map, but didn't manage to find one after 1 hour of mapping, so I gave up.

epicsevendoodles

Reputation score
Really would like to see a bad ending in this game to be fair. Where Velvet's proposal to the Flying Bear (don't remember the name lol) would actually happen to Tia.
Played the game through with 6 stages on Very hard and the last 2 on hard cuz I suck lol. Would love to see more content or just a continuation like Atelier Tia 2 f.e.

Zeref12

Reputation score
I am currenty collecting all the places where the hostages are held. I'm still missing two. Help is appreciated :)
What i currently have:
Atelier Tia v. 0.51 - Hostage Locations (order may vary, depending which path you choose first)

Prologue Stage
0. Hostage - At the beginning right in front of you. Impossible to miss and required to go on. She doesn't appear on a replay of the map.
1. Hostage - Follow the main path. After the first Battle Stage go north. Impossible to miss.
2. Hostage - Follow the main path after hostage 1. At the next branching path, ignore the way to the north and go east. Jump over the crates to find her.
3. Hostage - At the save room before the boss fight. Impossible to miss.

Mountain Stage
1. Hostage - At the start of the map go all the way east as possible. She is in the corner of the map.
2. Hostage - Depends on the path you choose. If you choose the eastern path go all the way east and go south at the save point (press Jump + Down).
If you choose the southern path, go all the way east until you reach the area where you climb to the save point. Drop to the layer with the bee hive
and go east. Rescuing the hostage will trigger a battle stage with several waves of goblins.
3. Hostage - After defeating the mini boss in front of the house. Impossible to miss. Unlocks new items.
4. Hostage - At the platform area with the alchemist, the spearman and the two beehives. She is below the platform where the spearman stands. Drop down on the right side.
5. Hostage - When you climb up to the Boss-Stage you will notice that about halfway the stone wall to the left gets replaced by plants.
Pass through here to find the last hostage.

Cave Stage
1. Hostage - At the first branching path continue to go east. Once you rescue the hostage 3 slimes will drop down on you.
2. Hostage - After clearing the first battle stage (three-layered area) take the upper route. (If you encounter the tentacle beast first, you have chosen the wrong path.)
3. Hostage - After killing the golem choose the southern path. As soon as you climb up, you will notice a faint light from a wall. Enter and you find the hostage.
(You can reach this area from the other path, too by going south. But the way is longer.)
4. Hostage - Really tricky ! At the area with the many cavern entrances (3 North, 2 South, Middle one to continue to boss) take the last northern entrance.
You see a grey stone wall at the right side. Throw a bomb at it, to blow it away and enter the area behind it. This one gives you new items.
5. Hostage - At the last area when you drop down to the save crystal. You notice an entrance in mid-air. Drop down and Jump in mid-air to reach it.
If you missed it, you can always try again by going west, climb up and fall down again.

Forest Stage (navigating here is pretty difficult)
1. Hostage - Take the first northern branch. She is in the area with the second braching path on the upper layer.
2. Hostage - After the first hostage take the nothern path again and go west. Once you rescue the hostage a difficult battle stage will start. (with many spiders)
3. Hostage - Now it's getting complicated. At the start of the labyrinth go East, North, North, North, East. You should encounter another Big slime miniboss.
Continue East to find an elf. Rescue her and the elves will show you the way to the boss.
4. Hostage - I have absolutly no idea !
5. Hostage - I have absolutly no idea !

Ice Stage
1. Hostage - Continue the path as usual. At the very first branch go east.
2. Hostage - When you reach a 3-layered area (with 2 harpies and 2 mini-yetis) look at the upper-left corner.
3. Hostage - After the mini-boss continue as usual. You will see the hostage behind an ice wall. Throw a bomb to gain access. After you rescue the hostage, 3 shadows will spawn.
4. Hostage - When you climb up the icy cave, you should notice a platform that is really close to the left side of the screen. Pass through here, defeat the ice golem and find the hostage.
5. Hostage - After the battle stage with the many harpies choose either way. Once you reach an open-climbing-area look at the upper-left corner.

Volcano Stage
1. Hostage - Continue east. Once you reach platforms to climb up, ignore them and go further east. You will enter a battle stage with orcs and goblins, as well as the hostage.
2. Hostage - Now matter what path you take, you will eventually reach a cavern and climb up. You should see the hostage near the upper end. I don't think she is missable.
3. Hostage - After defeating the mini-boss you will soon encounter another 3-layered battle stage. When you are done, take the upper-right path first to find the hostage.
4. Hostage - At the same 3 layered battle stage as before, continue on the lower-right path. You will have to climb here. Enter the first cavern at the right side.
The hostage is behind a lava fall. Throw a frost bomb (the snowman) to make it disappear.
5. Hostage - At the same area as before, enter the fourth cave entrance (on the left side). Run through the fire traps and you find the hostage.

If someone found the two missing ones in the forest, I will gladly add them here.

Btw I guess the animations will get changed in the final version, as especially in the later stages all hostage animations are the same (blond girl with slime)

1 forest missing is just before 1st boss u got little platform above jump right then left
2nd forest missing is after u follow elf and she tell u to go west go east then west and should be there wraped in spider silk

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Looks like the dev is making a new game. Its on patreon. its called " ". I'd make a thread for it but all information about the game is for patrons only.

Anyone looked at it? Does it look or play good?

epicsevendoodles

Reputation score
Looks like the dev is making a new game. Its on patreon. its called " ". I'd make a thread for it but all information about the game is for patrons only.

Anyone looked at it? Does it look or play good?
My own opinion of it would be:

Why did he start making a completely different game style? It literally makes no sense for them to switch from sidescroller to some garbo tier game.
I wished so much for another great sidescroller from them but they instead started making a point and click attack/defend kind of a shit game.

But it's ALWAYS your own choice if you wish to follow a creator or listen to some dumbass rant about his thoughts.
You can also easily donate him 1 dollar and see what they're making...

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Why did he start making a completely different game style? It literally makes no sense for them to switch from sidescroller to some garbo tier game.
I wished so much for another great sidescroller from them but they instead started making a point and click attack/defend kind of a shit game.
I think some devs just want to take it easy sometimes after a particularly difficult project. I haven't seen what this new game looks like so I can't really comment. It's his right to do what he wants but I've also seen devs who just rest on their laurels after making a successful project and acquire a supporter base that will donate for anything so even looking at it that way I have my worries.