What's new

Minecraft server (I lost count).

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score
Re: Minecraft server (I lost count).

The watering can is normally craftable, but the default config files that came with Hatpack have its recipe disabled.

For the item frame, that's really nothing. Just travel around a bit until you find cows. It's the essence pools that are the hard things to find. But again, the Arcane Compendium isn't really needed, it's basically just an in-game wiki.

As for bees... I'm really going to miss Extra Bees and Gendustry... No databases or Index blocks, no Industrial Apiary... The Alveries take a long time to get set up, since you need to breed Imperial and Industrious bees in order to make the paneling for them (Need Royal Jelly from the Imperial bees and Pollen from the Industrious bees).

The Apiaries are tricky to craft early on, but there's a much easier alternative: Bee Houses. They're made just in a regular crafting table with a comb and some wood and wood slabs. They work like Apiaries with the only exception that they can't accept frames. I've also heard that Ignoble strains won't expire in them either, but I can't confirm that myself.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Update on the server status: I literally just ordered my RAM upgrade, and it should be delivered within a week, or early next week if Newegg fucks up the shipping, so server should be up on the day the RAM arrives, the next at latest.

On the topic of Blood Magic: Seeing as how it doesn't really generate resources I'm going to go ahead and say that a blood orb, Knife, and Altar will be given, in addition to the other things, bringing the starting items for players to:

1x Thaumanomicon
1x Blood Altar
1x Sacrificial Knife
1x Blood Orb
1x Weak Infusion Stone
4x Essence Seeds (Subject to change)
1x Watering Can
1x Blank Arcane Compendium
1x Apiary
1x Meadows Drone
1x Meadows Princess

Any thoughts on this list are greatly welcome.

EDIT: I think I may have found the source of my own Yogscast Complete pack problems, so I WILL be experimenting with it before my RAM upgrade arrives, and if I can get it to function with a decent modicum of stability, I'll host the server with that.

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Update on the server status: I literally just ordered my RAM upgrade, and it should be delivered within a week, or early next week if Newegg fucks up the shipping, so server should be up on the day the RAM arrives, the next at latest.

On the topic of Blood Magic: Seeing as how it doesn't really generate resources I'm going to go ahead and say that a blood orb, Knife, and Altar will be given, in addition to the other things, bringing the starting items for players to:

1x Thaumanomicon
1x Blood Altar
1x Sacrificial Knife
1x Blood Orb
1x Weak Infusion Stone
4x Essence Seeds (Subject to change)
1x Watering Can
1x Blank Arcane Compendium
1x Apiary
1x Meadows Drone
1x Meadows Princess

Any thoughts on this list are greatly welcome.

EDIT: I think I may have found the source of my own Yogscast Complete pack problems, so I WILL be experimenting with it before my RAM upgrade arrives, and if I can get it to function with a decent modicum of stability, I'll host the server with that.
Hrm. Beyond maybe some base tools in Iron or w/e the middleground is, I can't think of anything to add, though that may be a bit TOO much for a starter pack.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

ALRIGHT, LISTEN UP! Since I recently determined the source of my Yogscast Complete problems, and have noted the offending mod, I will indeed be hosting a Yogscast Complete server, or, if enough people raise an objection to this, I will continue with the plans for HatPack.

As it stands, ChickenChunks is somewhat broken, and I honestly see no need for it as I've never even bloody heard of it, and it was the reason I've been having problems. So, with that in mind, I'll get to work preparing the modpack and server files for when my RAM upgrade arrives.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

The watering can is normally craftable, but the default config files that came with Hatpack have its recipe disabled.

For the item frame, that's really nothing. Just travel around a bit until you find cows. It's the essence pools that are the hard things to find. But again, the Arcane Compendium isn't really needed, it's basically just an in-game wiki.

As for bees... I'm really going to miss Extra Bees and Gendustry... No databases or Index blocks, no Industrial Apiary... The Alveries take a long time to get set up, since you need to breed Imperial and Industrious bees in order to make the paneling for them (Need Royal Jelly from the Imperial bees and Pollen from the Industrious bees).

The Apiaries are tricky to craft early on, but there's a much easier alternative: Bee Houses. They're made just in a regular crafting table with a comb and some wood and wood slabs. They work like Apiaries with the only exception that they can't accept frames. I've also heard that Ignoble strains won't expire in them either, but I can't confirm that myself.
I've not tried Gendustry yet because I've been working on Magical Crops in my Yogpack world at the moment but I have read up on it and it does sound amazing. The pretty much instant access to genetic manipulation sounds awesome as well. And yeah, I know how difficult getting an alveary up is, but after the initial grind to get one running it's pretty much smooth sailing from there. Especially if you've got a wither skeleton grinder and/or a suffocation room for the wither boss to farm nether stars. And those bee houses sound pretty cool, I hadn't heard of them until now. Are they a recent addition?

Though if we do run the Yogscast Complete pack all that is a moot point because of dartcraft, and partly by Ex Nihilo.

And Burr, will we be getting all of those items or just a pick of a handful of them? Because getting all of them would be kind of too much.

EDIT: Chickenchunks isn't important, all it does is add a chunk loader, and as you said you won't be allowing us to use them without permission and there's already other mods that add them.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Edited the first post pertaining to the starting items. Players get to choose 2 of the 3 sets of items, and choose between either getting an Arcane Compendium or a Thaumanomicon.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Will you be enabling the mob abilities from the morph mod? Also, dunno if it's just me but the AT Launcher is refusing to load up at the moment.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm loading just fine, though I did have a few hitches earlier. Might want to check your processes via CTRL+ALT+DEL and see if Java's still got a process going even with AT launcher closed.

As for mob abilities, I'll have to root around in the config files and see. I know there's a setting to disable mob flying until a certain condition is met, but other than that I'll try to turn the other abilities on.

Also, I've uncovered a few things that might allow me to make a sort of public Thaumcraft rest-stop of sorts for refilling one's wand(s). Thoughts?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Turns out my firewall had decided to give the AT Launcher and java only partial access to my PC so it couldn't connect to the servers to download the files I needed. Sorted that problem out now though. And I think the method of which to unlock the flying ability is by killing the wither boss. I don't know if it unlocks it for everyone or just for the person that dealt the killing blow, but either way the wither will be pretty easy to beat if people are geared correctly and especially if you have mob griefing turned off.

And I'll say yes to the public thaumcraft wand charging station even though I have no intentions of ever using that mod unless it is through specific items from other people.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Yogscast Complete has Modular Powersuits. By the time you get around to summoning a wither, it should be simple to have a jetpack and a railgun for your suit, and a HV battery. Then it just becomes an aerial battle and dodging the skulls is super easy when flying. The hard part becomes getting those damnable Wither skeleton skulls.

Anyway, I got AT Launcher, but I'm not sure what optional mods would be needed for the server, if any.

Edit: The jetpack reminded me of something. Remember to turn Flight on in the server.config file or people will get booted for it.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

When I actually set up the server, I'll provide a list of the optional mods I'll be installing so people can make an instance specific to the server, so it doesn't screw with their other instances of Yogscast Complete.

The first couple of days once it goes up are likely to be touch and go as I get all the configs set up properly, though I'll likely do most before handing out the IP address, so as to prevent any more chunks than absolutely necessary from spawning with the default settings.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Double post, but this is important dammit.

I have all of the server files prepped and ready, and have a list of all the optional mods installed so people can make sure they have everything needed. Anything more than this, like single-player only optional stuff, likely just won't load, and SHOULDN'T cause a problem.

Advanced Genetics
Ex Aliquo
Ex Nihilo
Logistics Pipes
Mobius Core
Mystcraft
OpenEye
Opis
Sync
Morph

The only thing I didn't add from the Server pack list was an IRC connector, some server superweapon thing, and NotEnoughCodecs, so if an optional file you wanted isn't here, then it's not available for servers.

Again, I'll be testing this beforehand to make sure everything is working properly, just letting you folks know what is needed, and that my upgrade SHOULD be here before the week is out.

Added note: ChickenChunks has been disabled as it has proven itself to cause more problems than it's worth.

EDIT: Contained here is, so far, is the list of modifications I've made to config files.

Thaumcraft: Taint biomes are twice as likely to appear on world generation. HOWEVER! They spread four time slower than normal, the chance being 1 in every 800 block updates, as opposed to the normal 1 in 200.

The Soft Cap on research points which reduces how many you get after a certain amount is doubled, which should make it less annoying to do actual research for Thaumcraft.

Aura Nodes now spawn at a rate of 1 to every 8 chunks, twice as likely as normal, which is 1 in 16. The chance of a node being special is also doubled, so you need to be extra wary of things like Hungry and Tainted nodes.

Golems have had their tick rates doubled, which means it takes twice as long for them to register that something needs doing. While this shouldn't be easily noticeable, it does help the server's performance on the backend.

MORPH:

Flying mobs will not provide actual flight until the player has reached the Nether. If people think this is too easy, I will revert it to requiring each player to defeat the Wither.

Morphing into a mob DOES confer you the abilities of that mob within the constraints of the Morph mod.

Morphing into a hostile mob will prevent other hostile mobs from attacking you, HOWEVER! If there are other mobs of your morph, they will attack you. I.E. morphing into a Zombie at night will prevent skeletons and spiders from attacking you, however nearby zombies will see through this ruse and attack anyway.

Players will not lose any morphs on death, nor will they be barred from sleeping as a morph.

Boss morphs are disabled and shall remain that way. Child mob morphs are also disabled. Player morph acquisition is enabled.

SYNC:

Cross-dimensional shell linking is enabled, excluding the End, due to several bugs with shell syncing into the End. This also includes death re-syncing.

Death is overridden if you have a shell in a storage unit, but shells in construction units cannot be used to avert death.

Redstone Flux (RF) can be used to power Sync units instead of the normal power generation in the mod.

Shell Storage units do not require any power to remain active.

Last edited:

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I've read that the time torches have been nerfed in the Yogpack, do you mind unnerfing them if that's possible?

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

What mod are they from? If I know what mod they're in, I can altar the config file if it has options to altar the features of certain items.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

They're from Dartcraft.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Force Torches are somewhat un-nerfed, and work as accelerants once again.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

A note for those that don't know; so long as Burr hasn't disabled the feature the Morph mod allows you to kill and be able to assume the form of other players. Though the initial kill always glitches out (if it hasn't been updated out yet) and the person that was killed can't respawn. Instead you need to log out of the server and then back into it to fix it. Every other kill after that, so long as it's a person that has killed you and gotten your form already, will act as normal, it's only when you're killed by someone for the first time.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Just a heads up, the pack was recently updated to patch 2.8.7.5, so if you already have .7.4 installed, you might want to update that. Luckily, none of the mods I altered the config files for have changed, so I shouldn't have any trouble getting it up and running when my RAM arrives tomorrow.

And yes, Oni is correct on that bug existing, though from what I've gathered it's been patched for some time. Just in case it hasn't, I'd suggest preparing yourself for it still being a bug. Thankfully, keepInventory WILL be on, so there's little to no loss from the glitch actually occurring.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Speaking of keep inventory, do you have any idea how that'll work with shells and their deaths? I know each of them have their own inventories so what would happen to the items one shell is holding when you die and resync with another shell.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Honestly? I have no fucking idea. I'll have to research Sync and what happens with keepInventory and such. Hopefully it won't break everything.