What's new

ACT [misinkoujou] Flowerfairy (RJ180492)

Re: Flowerfairy [Released 16th July 2016]

Heh, me and the ice boss did a double ko on each other.

She threw out that one last snow flake into the air before she fainted. And taht one snow flake got me.

About rose jump, I was headbutting a wall for like 10 minutes or so until I tried to do an melee attack while in process of rose jump and then that made MC execute the rose jump successfully. This comment is made for anyone that struggles to understand how to do it.

Last edited:

Audo file is the raw audio. I didn't delete or alter anything. Probably a good deal of useless files too. Do with it as you wish.
chrome-extension://bigefpfhnfcobdlfbedofhhaibnlghod/mega/secure.html#fm/OdVkAbIC

So what exactly do I do with this link? I don't use Chrome.

Audo file is the raw audio. I didn't delete or alter anything. Probably a good deal of useless files too. Do with it as you wish.
chrome-extension://bigefpfhnfcobdlfbedofhhaibnlghod/mega/secure.html#fm/OdVkAbIC

It may just be me not knowing how to make that link work, but it simply takes me to my own Mega cloud.

Sort of interesting news on my end - ServerSurfer's posts sparked my interest in trying to figure out how to extract the game's files to see if I could get to the sprites and modify them. I actually figured that part out (never underestimate Google), but I'm still tinkering around and figuring out how to re-import my modified sprites back into the game without having to sacrifice some of their visual quality (I can't reimport files if they're larger than they originally were, and everything I'm editing so far is ending up that way). I'm hoping I can get it down eventually, since one of my recent hobbies has been trying to improve my sprite editing skills in MUGEN by editing characters to remove their clothes and whatnot and this would be another fun mini-project for me, as I'd like some of the animations even more if the heroine wasn't wearing as much clothing during them.

Now, the real question is whether or not it'd be wrong of me to share anything I edited (and before anyone gets too excited, know that I have absolutely no formal art training and my results can be varied). I know that sounds strange coming from someone who shares games fairly regularly, but I view ripping open a commercial game's files with my grubby hands and changing things around as a slightly different beast.

Edit: I did actually manage to figure out a way to get edited sprites back in properly, as you can see here - ignore the dubious quality, as I didn't spend a lot of time editing it before I knew for sure that I could get it back into the game:

CKCpo0k.jpg

Last edited:

Sort of interesting news on my end - ServerSurfer's posts sparked my interest in trying to figure out how to extract the game's files to see if I could get to the sprites and modify them. I actually figured that part out (never underestimate Google), but I'm still tinkering around and figuring out how to re-import my modified sprites back into the game without having to sacrifice some of their visual quality (I can't reimport files if they're larger than they originally were, and everything I'm editing so far is ending up that way). I'm hoping I can get it down eventually, since one of my recent hobbies has been trying to improve my sprite editing skills in MUGEN by editing characters to remove their clothes and whatnot and this would be another fun mini-project for me, as I'd like some of the animations even more if the heroine wasn't wearing as much clothing during them.

Now, the real question is whether or not it'd be wrong of me to share anything I edited (and before anyone gets too excited, know that I have absolutely no formal art training and my results can be varied). I know that sounds strange coming from someone who shares games fairly regularly, but I view ripping open a commercial game's files with my grubby hands and changing things around as a slightly different beast.

Edit: I did actually manage to figure out a way to get edited sprites back in properly, as you can see here - ignore the dubious quality, as I didn't spend a lot of time editing it before I knew for sure that I could get it back into the game:

CKCpo0k.jpg

I'm interested and really it's your own choice about sharing what you've done and from the image you've shown I am looking forward to more if your willing to share as some of the sprites do seem like they would be a bit better with a slight tweak.

My main concern with sharing this is that, unlike most mods where you just replace or patch a file or two, I'd have to share an edited version of the entire game if someone else wanted to try it out. I don't want anyone coming after my head for it. That being said, I have started to edit a few more animations and haven't run into any problems so far, though it will likely take me a while to finish, as I'm terribly lazy and tend to easily lose motivation when it's something I'm working on for fun.

I'm also going to try to translate at least the menus, as they're actually stored as image files. I spent a while looking at a few hundred fonts to try to find the one the game uses, but had no luck, so whatever I use as a replacement won't be completely perfect. It seems most of the dialogue in the game is also stored as image files, as well, but I don't know Japanese and can't translate it, myself; if anyone wants to try it, let me know and I can give you the necessary files. It doesn't seem like there's a lot to translate, so I assume it wouldn't take a long time.

My main concern with sharing this is that, unlike most mods where you just replace or patch a file or two, I'd have to share an edited version of the entire game if someone else wanted to try it out. I don't want anyone coming after my head for it. That being said, I have started to edit a few more animations and haven't run into any problems so far, though it will likely take me a while to finish, as I'm terribly lazy and tend to easily lose motivation when it's something I'm working on for fun.

I'm also going to try to translate at least the menus, as they're actually stored as image files. I spent a while looking at a few hundred fonts to try to find the one the game uses, but had no luck, so whatever I use as a replacement won't be completely perfect. It seems most of the dialogue in the game is also stored as image files, as well, but I don't know Japanese and can't translate it, myself; if anyone wants to try it, let me know and I can give you the necessary files. It doesn't seem like there's a lot to translate, so I assume it wouldn't take a long time.

Hm well if you do it through pm you should be fine I think as long as the dev doesn't check here and you use the correct ways to share the content becuase in my mind it's simply just sharing the game and so there shouldn't be anyone going after you except for the devs who target the link providers instead of the people themselves it seems. Anyway pm me if you want to know more as I've been giving out etherial legion.

(PS this is not an intended bragging post)

Well, you may be happy to know I made a little progress today:

H6FZtUP.gif

The breasts and nipples are obviously placeholders and not close to meeting my standards, as I was more focused on making the lower body area look clean and consistent, in addition to also figuring out where the heck each sprite was located in the files. You see, all of the sprites are split into 47 different .png files when I decompile the game's data, and half of them look similar to this:

SdDJp3w.jpg

Not all of an animation's sprites are in one file, either, meaning I had to sift through every single one of these 47 files and play Where's Waldo until I found and edited them all. The above animation, for example, had sprites located in 9 different files, with roughly 1-4 distinct sprites hidden in each one (meaning I had to locate and edit roughly 22 or so sprites for that animation and its fast pumping/cumshot stages). It made things even worse when I ended up missing some of them and recompiled the files, since that meant I had to go through the search process again and hope that I remembered to make backups of my edited files - as I said earlier, the recompiler won't work if the files you're putting back in are larger than the originals, and the method I'm using to compress the .png files can't be used ad infinitum on the same file.

The best part is that it took at least an hour and a half for me to do even this much. I don't know how interesting this is to the average person, but I felt like it'd be fun to share how I'm trying to do this, as I have no prior experience with editing game files; plus, if someone knows of a better method of going about it, I'm hoping they'll give me some pointers. From now on, now that I managed to mostly complete one animation and confirm that it could be done by editing the files as I have been, I'm not going to focus on one specific animation and instead go through each image file row-by-row and edit every sprite that I'm interested in, meaning it'll likely be a long time before I share my results, but it'll save much me more time overall than if I had tried to keep doing things the way I did and focused on one animation at a time. Wish me luck! It may take me ten years to do it, but unless someone else decides to one up me in the meantime, I'll make sure to finish it.

Last edited:

H6FZtUP.gif

The breasts and nipples are obviously placeholders and not close to meeting my standards, as I was more focused on making the lower body area look clean and consistent, in addition to also figuring out where the heck each sprite was located in the files. You see, all of the sprites are split into 47 different .png files when I decompile the game's data, and half of them look similar to this:

SdDJp3w.jpg

Not all of an animation's sprites are in one file, either, meaning I had to sift through every single one of these 47 files and play Where's Waldo until I found and edited them all. The above animation, for example, had sprites located in 9 different files, with roughly 1-4 distinct sprites hidden in each one (meaning I had to locate and edit roughly 22 or so sprites for that animation and its fast pumping/cumshot stages). It made things even worse when I ended up missing some of them and recompiled the files, since that meant I had to go through the search process again and hope that I remembered to make backups of my edited files - as I said earlier, the recompiler won't work if the files you're putting back in are larger than the originals, and the method I'm using to compress the .png files can't be used ad infinitum on the same file.

The best part is that it took at least an hour and a half for me to do even this much. I don't know how interesting this is to the average person, but I felt like it'd be fun to share how I'm trying to do this, as I have no prior experience with editing game files; plus, if someone knows of a better method of going about it, I'm hoping they'll give me some pointers. From now on, now that I managed to mostly complete one animation and confirm that it could be done by editing the files as I have been, I'm not going to focus on one specific animation and instead go through each image file row-by-row and edit every sprite that I'm interested in, meaning it'll likely be a long time before I share my results, but it'll save much me more time overall than if I had tried to keep doing things the way I did and focused on one animation at a time. Wish me luck! It may take me ten years to do it, but unless someone else decides to one up me in the meantime, I'll make sure to finish it.

Devs must have planned the whole scattered files thing, in case someone was planning to dig out the game's files.
Keep up the good Work though :v

Personally, I prefer to keep the shorts and panties, makes things more erotic

Devs must have planned the whole scattered files thing, in case someone was planning to dig out the game's files.

Thanks for the encouragement (it's nice to hear). I actually did keep in mind that there are people who prefer clothed sex and was trying to think of what kind of edits I could do to please the greatest amount of people, but I'll likely just end up de-clothing most of the sprites for at least my first version, since it's relatively simple to accomplish. If everything goes well and people like what I've done, I may try to do requests for other types of edits. That's a distant goal that I may never reach, though.

I can only echo this but add that the clothing makes it worse in some cases for me like the dragon fly one also with the animations where the NPC's are downed or your out of hp they stay fully clothed but in the CG's they aren't. However that would add a lot more work though, anyway do what your comfortable with and it's fine to just say you don't want to do it anymore.

H6FZtUP.gif

That's my favorite enemy to fight. And I think the sprites look good enough to me. In fact it looks fine to me.

I'm really interested to see/hear what you have planned. I wish you the best of luck and hope that the lamia enemy will be on your list of interesting sprites to edit.
Do you have any ideas of what you'd want to do first?

I'm really interested to see/hear what you have planned. I wish you the best of luck and hope that the lamia enemy will be on your list of interesting sprites to edit.

I don't think he'll do big edits like internal views or changing positions but more of simply removing clothing, dunno if changing the sequence of the animations or how long they last for is possible as in my mind the lamia's stage of putting her initally in to her...uhhh belly is a bit fast.

H6FZtUP.gif

SdDJp3w.jpg

Sorry, I was gone for a good time. Seems you figured out the process before I even got get around. Sorry that the link wasn't working, I really don't care to register on sites.

Anyways, on my end, I figured out what the filetype used in the game is, and then discovered it was for the YoYo Games engine. From there I just used n extraction program for this engine.

All the games sprites are indeed mixed in a series of one large gallery image. You have to divide and organize them again to make proper sprites. There is likely an easier way by using the yoyo engine, but I've never used it.

Do you still need the audio files?

I would still very much appreciate the audio files.

As others have said, I likely won't be able to do anything overly complicated, as I'm not an artist and the only reason I'm able to do this is because I have just enough talent in drawing to get away with what I'm doing now. Another problem is that, thanks to how the sprites are clumped together in this, I don't always know which frame of an animation I'm editing when I find a sprite, meaning anything fancy would be tough to pull off. It's quite different than something like Fighter Factory, where I can go through an animation frame-by-frame and know exactly what I'm editing, plus there I can compare sprites side-by-side. Other than the search process, that's really my biggest issue with the way I have to edit the sprites for this; it's difficult to make sure my lines are consistent across every sprite because I can't compare them side-by-side here. Still, trying to do something like a transparent view of the lamia's stomach would be an interesting challenge at some point. I make no promises, though.

And as for editing something like animation speed or anything else programming-related, that's out of the question for someone with my skills. I'm not a programmer (don't have the mind or the patience for it) and currently don't know what files, if any, I would have to edit to do so, or how to edit them at all.

As others have said, I likely won't be able to do anything overly complicated, as I'm not an artist and the only reason I'm able to do this is because I have just enough talent in drawing to get away with what I'm doing now. Another problem is that, thanks to how the sprites are clumped together in this, I don't always know which frame of an animation I'm editing when I find a sprite, meaning anything fancy would be tough to pull off. It's quite different than something like Fighter Factory, where I can go through an animation frame-by-frame and know exactly what I'm editing, plus there I can compare sprites side-by-side. Other than the search process, that's really my biggest issue with the way I have to edit the sprites for this; it's difficult to make sure my lines are consistent across every sprite because I can't compare them side-by-side here. Still, trying to do something like a transparent view of the lamia's stomach would be an interesting challenge at some point. I make no promises, though.

And as for editing something like animation speed or anything else programming-related, that's out of the question for someone with my skills. I'm not a programmer (don't have the mind or the patience for it) and currently don't know what files, if any, I would have to edit to do so, or how to edit them at all.
Oh, it's okay. Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as requesting for things. It was just cool to hear that someone is planning on editing the sprites.

Oh, it's okay. Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as requesting for things. It was just cool to hear that someone is planning on editing the sprites.

It's completely fine, no need to apologize for anything like that; I just wanted everyone to know the limits of what I could likely accomplish. I wish I could do more, honestly.

It's completely fine, no need to apologize for anything like that; I just wanted everyone to know the limits of what I could likely accomplish. I wish I could do more, honestly.

Well, with your and Sir ServerSurfer's discovery, I bet there would be people who are getting ready to edit the game's sprites anytime soon.

Back