What's new

ACT [八角家] Mission Mermaiden - Hasumi and the Deep Sea Sisters / ミッションマーメイデン -ハスミと深海の姉妹- (RJ268920)

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
how to get plant?
Get the status effect "Fetal demon parasite". This is acquired by getting the "Demon seed parasite" effect from the pod enemies in stage 1-1 and onward, you have a chance of getting it when they make you cum. Then you need to upgrade it to the Fetal demon parasite by running through a couple more maps with the effect, meaning you have to do it without transforming or using a purifier, as both will remove the seed. Running through 1-1 is fastest in my experience. This will eventually give you the Effect you want, easily identified by its different colour and longer text. Once you have this, you need to return to the lab and go left to Hasumi's room to give birth to it.
Alternatively, you can first go fight the final boss of world 1 with the Fetal parasite effect for a nice Game over scene, savescumming not needed, as you can hit the second option to restart on the mission map.

I Don't think the houseplant has a third stage, as it currently stands. I ground up 100 pollution and it stayed at stage 2, and given stage 2 requires only 30 I doubt higher will do anything. Maybe in a later update.

jinika

Reputation score
I can't seem to get the plant. I got the status effect from the pod enemy and ran the stage a bunch of times until the status turned red. I also gameovered at the 1-2 boss and nothing happened.

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I can't seem to get the plant. I got the status effect from the pod enemy and ran the stage a bunch of times until the status turned red. I also gameovered at the 1-2 boss and nothing happened.
Now that you have the effect you need to return to base and go left to get to Hasumi's room. She'll give birth and the plant will appear. The Gameover i mentioned is 1-4, not 1-2

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Can you point us to it?
There isn't an actual translation out, I was more referring to the idea of using a program like textractor to translate while you play. No idea how translatable unity games are, but i'd guess its a fair bit harder than your average RPGmaker.

Cassy

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I wanted to pay the 500¥ for the Ci-En demo, but somehow it is not possible anymore :(

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I wanted to pay the 500¥ for the Ci-En demo, but somehow it is not possible anymore :(
Ci-en has kinda weird boundaries for what you get when you support, which i believe are meant to stop people from just supporting a dev for a single month, and using their new access to grab everything the dev has put on Ci-en over the last 2 years.

The way I believe it works is that when you pay, you get access to everything the dev put out in the month that you paid. Anything before that you don't get access to, unless you pay to get access to that month's content as well, Though i think that's an option the dev has to enable, so it may not be possible in this case.

Japan has rolled over into November, so if you supported now it would give you access to November updates. The new demo dropped on the 31st of October, so you don't get it. On the plus side, you aren't the only person having this issue, and Mizuku has stated that there will be another release in November so you will at least get something for your money.

Just checked comments, Mizuku has enabled back-purchase, so you should have the option to buy access to the 2-2 demo now, doing this doesn't actually set you back compared to those who supported before the date changed (like me) since they have been double charged as well: once when they subscribed, giving access to October, and again when the date changed, giving access to whatever updates we get in November.

In other news, Mizuku has already rolled out a bugfix update for Ci-en supporters. everyone else will have to wait until the update gets greenlit by DLsite, which should take a day. Fixes a lack of hasumi noises during the 1-4 masturbation scene, the save bug in 1-3, and the inability to use the status machine in the lab to inflict the new effects.
Edit: i think the save bug might still be outstanding, basically you can't save on stages 1-3 and later, you can however just go back to the lab and save there.

And continuing their habit of leaving teasers in random comment replies, Mizuku mentioned there'll be a new enemy in 2-3 that is meant to combine with the milk trap grab, guessing similar to the DOS series in Undercrust.

Cassy

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Ci-en has kinda weird boundaries for what you get when you support, which i believe are meant to stop people from just supporting a dev for a single month, and using their new access to grab everything the dev has put on Ci-en over the last 2 years.

The way I believe it works is that when you pay, you get access to everything the dev put out in the month that you paid. Anything before that you don't get access to, unless you pay to get access to that month's content as well, Though i think that's an option the dev has to enable, so it may not be possible in this case.

Japan has rolled over into November, so if you supported now it would give you access to November updates. The new demo dropped on the 31st of October, so you don't get it. On the plus side, you aren't the only person having this issue, and Mizuku has stated that there will be another release in November so you will at least get something for your money.

Just checked comments, Mizuku has enabled back-purchase, so you should have the option to buy access to the 2-2 demo now, doing this doesn't actually set you back compared to those who supported before the date changed (like me) since they have been double charged as well: once when they subscribed, giving access to October, and again when the date changed, giving access to whatever updates we get in November.

In other news, Mizuku has already rolled out a bugfix update for Ci-en supporters. everyone else will have to wait until the update gets greenlit by DLsite, which should take a day. Fixes a lack of hasumi noises during the 1-4 masturbation scene, the save bug in 1-3, and the inability to use the status machine in the lab to inflict the new effects.
Edit: i think the save bug might still be outstanding, basically you can't save on stages 1-3 and later, you can however just go back to the lab and save there.

And continuing their habit of leaving teasers in random comment replies, Mizuku mentioned there'll be a new enemy in 2-3 that is meant to combine with the milk trap grab, guessing similar to the DOS series in Undercrust.
ok, I'll check that - thank you :)

comakill23

Reputation score
You can actually click on the article itself where the download is(the 500 yen option @ ) and just hit the 500 yen option and it'll give you it without spending 10+ bucks.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
As nice as the new content is I feel like it'll be all for nothing if they don't come up with a better grab system. Right now they're beyond trivial to escape and you basically have to go out of your way to get any status effects. I think changes to how it works have prevented certain stages of scenes showing up because you orgasm before the struggle bar reaches the bottom. I've also not seen the soldier's non-trap animation in this version and not for lack of trying.
I've experienced a few bugs like sex sprites persisting in the world, the slugs starting an animation and sending the player-character flying, dialog/cutscenes hanging on their last element. It feels like hit detection has gotten worse, with the traps in 2-1 activating from a floor above, and the ones thrown by the troops have to be hit in a very specific way to activate.

Hopefully this'll all get resolved at some point, but the biggest gripe I have with it right now is how H is integrated into gameplay - it doesn't feel like it is unfortunately - and that's not so obvious as a "problem".

You can actually click on the article itself where the download is(the 500 yen option @ ) and just hit the 500 yen option and it'll give you it without spending 10+ bucks.
It still wants my card details though - are you sure you haven't just paid for it by mistake?

WellIGuess

Reputation score
Well, while it's nice to get new content, I'm still dissatisfied by the platforming system- it is VERY wonky, especially WIR how gravity/inclines work. Also in evidence are a number of other, presumably new bugs- several times it misidentified me as being in a grapple even after I'd escaped it, and once I escaped a grapple, got caught somewhere else, escaped the new grapple and found myself teleported to the first grapple.

EDIT: I finished the trial (up to 2.1) having found 5 of those mysterious "Fragments". Has anyone figured out how to unlock the gallery yet? I'm assuming it needs another fragment or two I missed.

Last edited:

comakill23

Reputation score
As nice as the new content is I feel like it'll be all for nothing if they don't come up with a better grab system. Right now they're beyond trivial to escape and you basically have to go out of your way to get any status effects. I think changes to how it works have prevented certain stages of scenes showing up because you orgasm before the struggle bar reaches the bottom. I've also not seen the soldier's non-trap animation in this version and not for lack of trying.
I've experienced a few bugs like sex sprites persisting in the world, the slugs starting an animation and sending the player-character flying, dialog/cutscenes hanging on their last element. It feels like hit detection has gotten worse, with the traps in 2-1 activating from a floor above, and the ones thrown by the troops have to be hit in a very specific way to activate.

Hopefully this'll all get resolved at some point, but the biggest gripe I have with it right now is how H is integrated into gameplay - it doesn't feel like it is unfortunately - and that's not so obvious as a "problem".

It still wants my card details though - are you sure you haven't just paid for it by mistake?
Still need to pay, but no need to buy the current month as well.

DarkMist67

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Was going to make a post stating exactly the same thing. New content and anims are great, but the game still suffers from the same issues regarding H, grabs, difficulty, and platforming. Really disappointing on that front to be honest

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

Dear lord. Let's hope that a comet doesn't strike by then

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score
I've got the parasite to the second stage but nothing's happening when I go to Hasumi's room. Is the plant not in the DLsite trial version?

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I've got the parasite to the second stage but nothing's happening when I go to Hasumi's room. Is the plant not in the DLsite trial version?
It is, it should happen as soon as you go through the transition from the lab

dakilladj

Reputation score
As previously discussed, the dlsite trial, and the ci-en free verson both contain content up to 2-1, providing 1 new boss, 2 new enemies, and a bunch of animations (new animations for 1-2 boss, 1-4 boss, 2-1 soldier, 2-1 trap, home base plant)
The 500 yen support option gives you access to 2-2, which in addition to the above adds an extra enemy with its own animations.

Pollution stat has a significant effect on lust gain rate in grabs now, loading up my save with ~70 pollution made it impossible to get hypnotised, Hasumi ends up cumming before the grab gets that far. Pollution is lowered by 5 each time you use the houseplant.

I've found three new status so far, two levels from the milking trap, the first appears non-functional/just makes hasumi lactate on orgasm? the second applies a constant drain effect on her transformed state, presumably she's leaking power through her milk. Edit: also seems to increase pleasure gain from nipple stimulation, any grabs involving her breasts make hasumi cum very fast with this.

The third is restricted to the paid version, aphrodisiac status from the 2-2 enemy, causes lust gain while in their cloud and collision/attacking the trees caused a grab.

Currently messing around with status effects and enemies to see if there's anything extra.

Edit: found something cool, you get a bad end if you try to face the world 1 final boss while you have a stage 2 demon seed parasite inside you. Ends in a nice animated GO screen with hasumi giving birth.

Edit 2: Ok, the houseplant is seriously cool. In addition the the scene you get the first time and the animation you can freely go through after, if you feed it enough it'll evolve to a bigger plant, with its own scene and animations, that absorbs pollution even faster. You can even hit it to make it refund you the pollution it absorbed, and doing it enough will cause it to de-evolve back to base state. Gonna grind some more pollution to see if there's a third stage. Highly recommend getting machine translation if mind control/hypnosis/aphrodisiacs are your thing, cause the scene are pretty hot, theres a sense of "this thing is growing beyond my control", both in the sense it's getting bigger&stronger, and Hasumi is succumbing to the pleasure.
Is there a pre-requisite for getting the animation? All it does is grab onto her leg.