What's new

RPG [mminit] Lewdest Labyrinth

YuriTenshi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Lewdest Labyrinth - Dungeon Crawler

Off chance we'll gain sexual attacks of our own? I'd love to be able to defeat foes that way, doing a more lust-focused playthrough rather than a combat focused one.

OP
M

mminit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Not gonna read all the points that have already been made, so if I say something thats already been said just see it as a reinforcement of the point. That said, I think the game has TONS of potential and I actually look forward to the next update, but it still has some rough edges design-wise (which is obvious since this is still a very early game) so please hear me out on my wall of text:

Thanks for your feedback, it's helpful.

The speed of the combat is now going to be something I'll focus on since many find it slow. I'll try out your suggestion of cutting the wait time and just performing the action at the same time the announcement appears, my only worry is that it would be too fast for people, but we'll see. Dullahan is too strong right now, I'll be nerfing her special move.

Save points would definitely add tension and I'd like to try them out, the first thing that comes to mind though is players getting annoyed that they can't just save and quit when they like. Having to backtrack or keep playing in order to save may be irritating to some, and others may even just find it difficult (dying just before a save point may be rage inducing). Maybe with proper placement this wouldn't be a problem though.

Noted on the audio, first time I'm hearing that being a problem. I normalized the sounds and music so they should be at the same volume level, I guess I messed it up. Thanks for letting me know.

I do want to add more atmosphere, things like tentacles hanging over the walls and lighting, and yeah, my whole art style is on the cute side so everything has this nonthreatening look lol.

Interesting comment about having the sprite change when grabbed, didn't think of it that way. So basically just keep the standing sprite there and show the lewd sprite next to it?

Thanks again.

Happy if it helped, I pretty much played through the game, which made me think of it as an erotic Etrian Odyssey, and then thought "Now what would this be if it were MORE like EO?"

I'm thinking of adding more unique tiles, like sliding ones for example (pretty common in the genre) and making puzzles with those, maybe warp puzzles if they aren't too sadistic. I've played the first two EO games a long time ago. My memory of them is foggy but I do remember the FOEs.

Off chance we'll gain sexual attacks of our own? I'd love to be able to defeat foes that way, doing a more lust-focused playthrough rather than a combat focused one.
Yep, already planned!

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'm a sucker for dungeon crawlers so I'll give this a chance.

That said, this is REALLY early in development. The enemy encounter rate/system definitely needs to be tweaked though. I know battles are where the hentai is eventually going to be, but there are too many, too fast, too long. In the long run, all the fighting will definitely get REALLY annoying.

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score

First of all; I'm glad to help! I like this project so I'm grateful for your consideration of my suggestions.
Save points would definitely add tension and I'd like to try them out, the first thing that comes to mind though is players getting annoyed that they can't just save and quit when they like.
I'd suggest circumventing this by either implementing a "suspended save" feature (save anywhere but quit the game; save gets deleted on reload to prevent savescumming) or sprinkling "save stone"-items throughout the dungeon that allow you to save anywhere, but get depleted on use. I think the latter would probably be the best option, and probably easier to implement aswell.
Interesting comment about having the sprite change when grabbed, didn't think of it that way. So basically just keep the standing sprite there and show the lewd sprite next to it?
Thats actually how it already is, I actually meant the opposite lol. When you get grabbed in combat you currently have your sprite change into the "damaged" state, with the sexual action depicted right next to it, and I was suggesting "cutting out the middleman" and only showing the sex-action part instead of the "damaged" sprite next to it aswell. I've attached a visual representation of what I mean in case I'm still being confusing.

Obviously its a very minor thing that would potentially require restructuring of the combat UI, I just want you to consider it as a possibility. I feel like it would have better effect that way, but it may aswell be completely trivial so its up to you which way it would look better.

Attachments

OP
M

mminit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'd suggest circumventing this by either implementing a "suspended save" feature (save anywhere but quit the game; save gets deleted on reload to prevent savescumming) or sprinkling "save stone"-items throughout the dungeon that allow you to save anywhere, but get depleted on use. I think the latter would probably be the best option, and probably easier to implement aswell.
I like the idea of the save stone! It would be pretty easy to add as well. I may actually do that, at least for one build and see how people respond to it. Reminds me of how saving in the early Resident Evil games worked. Would love more thoughts on this from people playing but what can you do.

Thats actually how it already is, I actually meant the opposite lol.
Ohhh you were talking about the battle cut-ins, for some reason I thought you meant the dungeon traps like the slimes/jellyfish switching her standing sprite out lol, my bad. I can see the disconnect now, perhaps something like having her be thrown towards the enemy while it happens instead of staying still would help? Or maybe it's clearer to just fade her out.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

perhaps something like having her be thrown towards the enemy while it happens instead of staying still would help? Or maybe it's clearer to just fade her out.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So, we throw her to the enemy and then she's disappear into oblivion?

Jokes aside tho, there are many alternatives for the solution:
-Make her battle sprite invisible.
-Move her battle sprite offscreen as to hide her.
-Put/Modify the cut-ins so it hides her battle sprite.
-Use the same mechanic as when she's fell into the map trap, so her battle sprite directly changed into the cut-ins.
-Throw the enemy's sprite into her battle sprite.

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Probably not a big important point to stick out there, but I like the "name your own price" function.. That really works..

It supports the game not getting pirated, since it lets lazy fucks (like me) try and play the game.

While on the other hand, it lets people who think the game deserves money, pay as much as they WANT for the game, letting the true loyalists of hentai gaming throw small piles of cash on the dev to encourage their growth.

Everybody wins!

OP
M

mminit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey guys, I uploaded a new version of the game (version 3), download is on the same page as before: mminit.itch.io/lewdest-labyrinth

New screenshots here: mminit.tumblr.com/post/157041306582/dev-version-3-is-up

Here is the change log for convenience.

Version 3 Change Log:

-New enemies, traps and area added.
-Battle speed increased. your skills will no longer be announced and the time between actions has been reduced.
-Select enemies now have grapple attacks - the chance of this happening is determined by the amount of LP you have and how long a battle has been going on for. When this happens you will receive continuous damage until you break free, breaking free is quick, simply press the movement keys. You will be released even faster when alternating the keys, and since it’s very easy to break free from these they are more of reaction ime thing.
-Clothing loss added, this will happen if you are caught by a trap or grabbed in battle, gameplay will change as such:
--You will be locked into a special stance that increases the damage of LP skills but reduces HP skills.
--Your attacks will no longer fail due to too much LP.
--You and the enemy will both gain LP every turn
--Strength and defense will be reduced.
--Weapons cannot be used. if you have one equipped it will be removed, and attempting to use another will toss it.
--Enemies will be more aggressive and the ones that can grab will do so more often, they won’t try to raise your LP.
--***It is not recommended to stay nude until you’ve learned some LP abilities (should you want to). Nevertheless this makes the game much harder, especially in the starting areas.
-Added new skills and reorganized the level up screen, new abilities will now appear more frequently.
-Changed the existing LP skills so they are more useful. Taunt now also debuffs the enemy strength stat in addition to increasing enemy LP, and Yell now deals low damage and reduces enemy defense even more.
-The wait command now also functions as a mapping tool. Using it will reveal minimap tiles you would be able to travel to on your next move. Any tile that can be stepped on can be mapped, tiles that traps or water sit on do not need to be mapped.
-Heal ability added - It uses 30LP to recover a small amount of HP and repair clothing, you can only use this once after every battle so it’s good to be careful. I’m trying this out by giving it an LP cost first, it’s possible that it may be free in the future.
-Consumable items like berries/antidote will no longer be capped at 3 turns and will stack if more than one is used. using a different item will still overwrite it.
-Increased durability of weapons.
-Added a new status ailment “sticky” - this reduces damage done by HP skills.
-The steel panties item now has multiple uses and will also protect you in battle from being grabbed.
-Getting at least 90% completion on a map will now increase the strength and defense stats.
-Power fruit has been split into two different items for strength and defense.
-The menu now has some config options. trap animations can be toggled, encounter rate frequency can be set and the BGM/SFX volume can be adjusted. Adjustments made to the encounter rate take place after the next battle.
-Overall difficulty increased throughout. Also, with the new clothing loss mechanic the starting areas can be pretty unforgiving, prioritize your LP to use heal if you’re having trouble. The first boss is now also more dangerous.

Some new enemies may be too strong or weak, this is something I’ll be tinkering with until the game is done most likely. Your feedback is appreciated and can help.

Last edited:

Thronico

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Lewdest Labyrinth - Dungeon Crawler [Updated Feb 10]

So something I've been noticing as I've been attempting to slowly progress having just beaten the first boss, and now encountering the Vine enemy, you've given a lot of enemies multi-hit attacks, combined with how easy, and when I say easy, I mean EASY, it is to lose your clothes and thus your stances, I'm not really having fun as it's more of a trial and error grind until I get lucky enough to keep my clothes for half the fight.

It's obviously just my opinion, but I'm not having fun due to how punishing and basically unavoidable it is to constantly lose your clothes. Even with the LP skills, I really don't feel like I can win most fights without stances while progressing normally. Plus, the multi-hit attacks just keep me locked with needing to spam First-aid, and without the defensive stance, Regen can't keep up and I die in one or two turns soon after. Things to look into, but maybe I'm just really bad.

Overall though, I love games like these and the artwork is really good. Looking forward to seeing what direction the game moves in.

OP
M

mminit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So something I've been noticing as I've been attempting to slowly progress having just beaten the first boss, and now encountering the Vine enemy, you've given a lot of enemies multi-hit attacks, combined with how easy, and when I say easy, I mean EASY, it is to lose your clothes and thus your stances, I'm not really having fun as it's more of a trial and error grind until I get lucky enough to keep my clothes for half the fight.

It's obviously just my opinion, but I'm not having fun due to how punishing and basically unavoidable it is to constantly lose your clothes. Even with the LP skills, I really don't feel like I can win most fights without stances while progressing normally. Plus, the multi-hit attacks just keep me locked with needing to spam First-aid, and without the defensive stance, Regen can't keep up and I die in one or two turns soon after. Things to look into, but maybe I'm just really bad.

Overall though, I love games like these and the artwork is really good. Looking forward to seeing what direction the game moves in.
Thanks for the feedback.

Are you actively trying to keep your LP down? It’s very dangerous early on to lose your clothing, of course there’s the chance you could just be unlucky and get grabbed even at low LP.

Using skills like Yell as your primary damage dealer, using Heal even just as an LP dump after a battle and later upgrading offensive stance to reduce LP when attacking will keep your LP low to reduce the chance of being grabbed. There is also a skill later in the game that uses up 30 LP, combine it with the bonus from the upgraded offensive stance and you can get down to low LP very quickly.

When nude, skills like Yell deal more damage too, so sometimes it’s best just to go on the offensive if you can and take advantage of the enemy LP going up every turn.

I’ll definitely look into your concerns though, I’d like for the game to be enjoyable for everyone. It’s great to get feedback like this from people actually playing the game (I’m not the best judge since i know it inside out).

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Wow - good stuff in this update.

My thoughts below:
Really pleased with the implementation of the third stratum's ice slide puzzles. I say this because you really hit a great balance of making people think to get through it, without making it so hard that some people would give up on it. I think you also hit on a great balance with the out-of-battle heal skill. It's both a HP recovery method and an LP sink if you have too much - but the first prior makes it potentially risky to keep your LP too low.

I thought the new enemy designs were all pretty good too. The third boss especially so, as far as its technical design, since it's the first one to actually use LP effects if I remember correctly.

My biggest hangup with this version is the nude status. I'm not against having it, don't get me wrong there. Like ChainFiction said, it can sometimes come down to chance as to whether or not you keep a tight grasp on your clothes, or lose them several times in a row. For some enemies, I noticed that they seemed less likely to use grabs that removes your clothes when LP was low, and more likely when it was high, but other enemies seemed to ignore this. When fighting Lamias, Tentacles, and Dullahans in particular, it seemed that they would randomly start snatching clothes at LP values less than 10, even at zero, which made it very tricky to keep control over battles. Also, Lewdness increases pretty quickly thanks to items, so switching to lewd stance to get some LP for using skills can really mess everything up quickly when you gain 50+ LP a turn.

Speaking of control over battle, is there any way to make the counter skill toggleable? There are some enemies which are good for manipulating your conditions (in particular, the stone and ice golems) by letting you switch to and from lewd stance for LP and then use the LP to heal and reduce it before the battle ends. Countering attacks during this process can end the battle before you're ready to, however. This may not be a strategy you were accounting for, but it's one that helped me a lot, so I ended up loading a save and then not taking the counter skill at all.

Continuing with skills, there are others that can cause some issues. The purify skill seems incredibly potent. Using any healing item cleared away all LP for me. Putting aside the matter of not leaving any for skills that you may want to use, there were several times where a battle finished, leaving MC nude and awarding a stat boost item. I would immediately use the stat boost...which also heals, which also reduces LP when you have Purify. Being dropped to 0 LP with the character still nude meant that I couldn't use the heal skill to restore her clothes. As a last note on skills, I'd like to be able to see a list of which ones have been learned in the current playthrough. As I was playing through the new build, I could have sworn that the Pickpocket skill disappeared from the list without letting me learn it, which was frustrating. I ended up confirming that I did in fact learn the skill by taking apart the save file after the playthrough, so I don't think it's a bug or anything. However, it did make me realize that as the game goes on it will be entirely possible for players to completely forget what skills they actually have.

Finally, I don't know if this is possible, so this is much more of a request than a demand, but I'd want to see more details on the minimap if it can be done. Make trap tiles show up as red tiles when mapped, make roaming monsters show up as dots on the map, show ice tiles as blue squares, healing springs as blue dots, and show door icons and border walls; that kind of thing, at least. From what I can tell, this game uses a very similar concept as Etrian Odyssey where doors and walls take up full squares, rather than the line between two squares. Without those landmarks marked, though, there were plenty of times where I was working on mapping a floor and couldn't remember if a line of blocks was a dead end or just a hallway that I didn't finish because I needed to return to a healing dish.

I ended up using a lot of space to talk about criticisms, but make no mistake that I think this is an excellent game. I hope you find the criticism constructive

OP
M

mminit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow - good stuff in this update.

My thoughts below:
Thanks Stiltzkinator, that’s some really helpful criticism!

On the technical side of things for the nude stance, the way it works is that each turn a battle goes on, a base chance of it happening increases, there is then a formula based on your LP that determines the chance of it happening. Thinking back, I thought the unpredictable nature of it in long battles would keep the player on their toes, but judging from your comments it messes with any strategizing. Perhaps making it entirely based on LP would be better? That way you know if you’re at risk.

Interesting note on the counter skill, maybe I will tie it directly to a specific stance or two only, so that way you would only counter when you expect to. I’ll need to look into this more since it can account for a significant amount of damage loss.

I must've missed that purify could get so potent, it’s based on your HP. Looks like I made a mistake and will need to nerf the LP down effect a lot. Thanks for bringing this up.

For your comments about a list of learned skills and a more detailed minimap, I can do it, it’s just some extra work. I’ll add it to my list of things to get done and hopefully get around to it at some point.

Mook

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I like the ice slide mechanic too, but I think trying to rely on the minimap to get through it can be difficult, after a few battles, I'd tend to forget which areas are blocked off, and I'd go through them again and again, I think maybe the minimap tiles could perhaps be colored or have icons to indicate where the ice blocks are, and which of the surfaces are sliding ones, not because it would be helpful for the sliding mechanic itself, but I think it could also serve to help people familiarize themselves with any given map, this could work with an Icon for trap monsters too I think, since sometimes they'll be around a corner, and I can't see how close they are, and I turn out to be moving right into them.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

On the technical side of things for the nude stance, the way it works is that each turn a battle goes on, a base chance of it happening increases, there is then a formula based on your LP that determines the chance of it happening. Thinking back, I thought the unpredictable nature of it in long battles would keep the player on their toes, but judging from your comments it messes with any strategizing. Perhaps making it entirely based on LP would be better? That way you know if you’re at risk.
How about a hybrid of it?
If the turn hasn't past x number and the LP isn't higher than y number yet, then the chance of Clothing Loss is zero? If these requirement fulfilled, then the old chance-based takes place, so even when you know you're in danger of Clothing Loss, your luck could still save you (or totally screw you :D).

To make things more interesting, how about if this x and y number variables is unique to each species of enemies? This way you can indirectly design monsters that are definitely perverts, monsters that are more battle-junkie, monsters that are not a pervert but easily seduced (Turn Numbers have very little effect to their Clothing Break chance), and monsters that are not pervert, not easily seduced, but boredom could lead them to make things even more raunchy (LP have very little effect to their Clothing Break chance). ;)

But, hey, that's only my suggestion, feel free to do anything with it! And good luck! :cool:

Last edited:

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

On the technical side of things for the nude stance, the way it works is that each turn a battle goes on, a base chance of it happening increases, there is then a formula based on your LP that determines the chance of it happening.
Interesting, this does match up with what I saw in many battles, but there were still some others where enemies would use grabs on the third turn at low LP, so I don't know what to make of that. Hopefully more people are able to share their experience with this, since not everyone plays the game the same way.

I must've missed that purify could get so potent, it’s based on your HP. Looks like I made a mistake and will need to nerf the LP down effect a lot. Thanks for bringing this up.
I've actually noticed that a lot of things seem to be based on HP, in particular, it has a surprisingly noticeable affect on attack and defense at high amounts. I was manipulating the numbers just to see what would happen with various values, and was surprised to see that a (admittedly very high) max HP will allow you to deal max damage with every attack. That correlation does make sense to me though, as it makes max HP a representation of your character's level.

Just to dispel any confusion, though, I was at around 250 max HP when I really started noticing that I was having a hard time keeping any LP after using stat boost items. Using the defense leaves would take LP to zero instantly.

For your comments about a list of learned skills and a more detailed minimap, I can do it, it’s just some extra work. I’ll add it to my list of things to get done and hopefully get around to it at some point.
Great to hear. I think as far as quality of life features go, these will hopefully go a long way in increasing the appeal of the game when you reach a more final version!

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I love the update! I totally appreciate how you've basically addressed all my concerns and suggestions (not that I take sole credit for them). The CGs have almost doubled from one version to the next, and the combat has gotten much more enjoyable aswell! It actually gets pretty crazy once you start stacking the offensive stance with tackle and counter, while driving up your damage with uppercuts. Very fun, never been happier with an update.

With the praise out of the way, here's some more suggestions and feedback:
-Some enemies in the ice-area don't seem to know what to do with the MC once she's actually stripped, despite being all over her while she's clothed. Probably just some CG stuff still in the works, just want to point it out in case you forget about it. The "Even weirder thing" and the "Thief" just keep wailing at her, not sure about the slime-girl though.
-The thief should probably return ALL the items he's stolen after you beat him, he currently only gives back the last item he stole
-The droprate for the hammer from Golems seems a little overtuned
-The game has already gotten big enough to either need a teleporter for each stratum, or a gallery mode, the former is probably easier to implement and more useful
-Its always a little disappointing to have the Bosses not do anything to her. Maybe implement some Game Over CG for each, wouldn't require re-designing their fights since they're already fine as they are
-the neutral stance seems to be fairly worthless right now, there seems to be no use to it
-I like the clothing-loss system, but I think getting fucked over by it early on into a battle can be a bit too frustrating. How about a "Dress up" command that has a higher chance of succeeding the lower her arousal is?
-I still suggest a checkpoint system in the future; one that makes the dungeon-crawling feel a little more risky, but isn't unfair or masochistic. Right now I save after every single battle, erases too much of the tension.
-Costumes, maybe? I know it more or less doubles the work-load, but its always much appreciated. My shameless vote goes to either a Maid or a Bunnygirl-costume, lel
Thats about it really. As I said, I've really enjoyed this update and at this point I just want to see more of the game.
You should probably also update the first post of the thread a little, maybe some images would help drum up interest. BF games are always really really popular but this thread doesn't seem to get the attention it deserves. People probably mistake this for yet another lazy western Patreon-bait project. Just include a screenshot and the term "battle fuck" and traffic will probably double ;)

OP
M

mminit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I like the ice slide mechanic too, but I think trying to rely on the minimap to get through it can be difficult

I tried to keep the sliding mechanic simple since I didn’t want people feeling stuck or lost, I’ll look into making a more detailed map to help with this.

How about a hybrid of it?

These sound like good solutions, and I like your fun idea of giving each enemy a personality regarding it. I think it would need some kind of visual indication though, so that the player would know that “this thing is likely to grab me for sure”

I've actually noticed that a lot of things seem to be based on HP, in particular, it has a surprisingly noticeable affect on attack and defense at high amounts.
That’s exactly right, HP does have some inner workings on your overall characters development. I want the player to feel some kind of progression after every few battles.

I love the update! I totally appreciate how you've basically addressed all my concerns and suggestions (not that I take sole credit for them).

Thanks Alias34, addressing most issues people bring up right now is manageable since I hardly get any, I just make a list of it all and see if I can do it. I’m glad you liked it.

To respond to your feedback
-I assume this point refers to not every enemy being able to grab her? I plan to add more so yeah, it’s a work in progress.
-For the thief, I’ll probably make it so his steal ability doesn’t work 100% of the time. I could make it so he gives everything back, at least the risk of not being able to use whatever he stole is still there.
-Noted on the hammer.
-Gallery mode is on my list, and I already have the code in place to teleport the player around so it will get in there at some point (I want to tie it to some kind of save point or NPC).
-For the bosses, the plan is to give them those grab attacks at some point, there are things I have to consider first though, like being able to put your clothes back on in battle or giving the player a chance to save themselves from being stripped without the steel panties. (Losing your clothing to a boss would probably be game over at the moment)
-Neutral stance does need some love, I’ll have to think up of some benefits exclusive to it.
-For the clothing loss, I’m thinking of slowing down the grab animation and letting the input to break free start sooner, so that if you make it time from getting grabbed you won’t lose your clothing, I’ll need to experiment. Others have also suggested a dress up command, so maybe.
-I do want Checkpoints/Save points in the game, and I agree that it takes all the tension away. I’d like to implement these as the game becomes more balanced and complete, since right now it’s kind of all over the place and some players have trouble.
-Costumes would be fun to do, but a lot of work. I’ll take it into more serious consideration once more of the core game is complete.
I’d like to put screenshots and links in the OP but I don’t have enough posts yet, so I’ll get to it when I’m able to. However, the game is getting tons of downloads, so most people just choose not to comment I guess.

Last edited:

unholynur

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've been lurking on this one trying the new builds as they've come out. Figure I'll give some input on the newest build. Just to note, i didn't end up unlocking everything in the level up menu, so if a late game ability mitigates one of my issues, I'm unaware of it. Completed the game once and now I'm going back through again on a fresh save.

The difficulty definitely seems to have spiked up a lot. Not to an unmanageable level, but it took some adjustment. I did find myself getting stuck a few times and needing to rely on a bit of luck to get out of areas. Feels like i had to grind a lot more in this version than in the previous ones. Some of the enemies in that last area felt pretty punishing.

Probably my biggest gripe right now is the minimap. I backtracked a few times to test some stuff with specific enemies. It would have helped a lot to have some more information on it. In particular I'd like to see the enter/exit doors to each map have their own color or symbol. Even just having that would have helped a bunch. Having the walls show up would be nice too. Would make it a lot easier to see if there's a path you missed going down.

I like the grapples and the nude stance system. Only thing that bugs me is i can't really enjoy the animations because of the damage, at least not without working towards it. Getting some taunts in reduced the grapple damage for most enemies so that it was low enough to not be a game ender. Felt like more of a workaround though. Would you be able to make it so the grapple animations keep playing after you complete the struggle? Similar to the way the traps work? (Preferably in a way that doesn't require an extra input, so combat is still quick if you're speeding through.) Maybe just have the combat menu pop back up after you complete the struggle? The animation can keep playing until you pick an attack.

Overall i really like the game. It's pretty fun to play and it style is very appealing. Keep up the good work. Much praise.

dfxtent

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Having just discovered this, tried out latest version last night. Surprisingly entertaining!

That said, still a long way to go I suspect.
-For the clothing loss, I’m thinking of slowing down the grab animation and letting the input to break free start sooner, so that if you make it time from getting grabbed you won’t lose your clothing, I’ll need to experiment. Others have also suggested a dress up command, so maybe.
Clothing loss in general is my #1 complaint right now. Even before I got to the first boss, I was setting "encounter" to high and picking fights, just to boost LP enough to "heal" out of combat, since it was the only way to put clothing back on. However, the main reason this was an issue is because "nude" stance locked out all other stances.

Solutions:
-As others have suggested, a separate option to "dress" after combat, if nude.
-Allow "Heal" / "Dress" to work after being trapped. This was another point of frustration, getting hit by a trap renders you naked and the only solution is to fight something. While naked.
-Allow nude versions of combat stances, so being stripped isn't such a death sentence further on. Being caught naked and locked into "nude" stance against an ice golem is pretty much Game Over. (Probably not necessary if either of the above options are a go)

As an addendum, one thing combat is sorely lacking right now is the "Run the hell away!" option. If I don't want to fight something, I should at least have the chance to... not.

-I do want Checkpoints/Save points in the game, and I agree that it takes all the tension away. I’d like to implement these as the game becomes more balanced and complete, since right now it’s kind of all over the place and some players have trouble.
Make it a menu option, then? Personally I like having Save available globally.
-Considering the "cartoony" style, I'd disagree that there needs to be "tension" at all, at least where saving is concerned.
-Recommend auto-save when moving to a new map area. Several times I ran into that most infamous of bugs, the "Oops, when was my last save?" Player-Memory Error. :rolleyes:

-Costumes would be fun to do, but a lot of work. I’ll take it into more serious consideration once more of the core game is complete.
Definitely throwing my support in for more / alternate outfits.
-I can't say I'm exactly a fan of the current inventory system though (regarding equipment). I found myself using items when I didn't need them, hording them pointlessly (whetstones), or losing items altogether because Nude Stance.

However, the game is getting tons of downloads, so most people just choose not to comment I guess.
Well you got a comment out of me, and I am a dedicated lurker. First post since joining in 2013. Pat yourself on the back for that one!