What's new

RPG [mminit] Lewdest Labyrinth

Lurker_01

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Lewdest Labyrinth - Dungeon Crawler [Updated May 6]

There is something that i found.

1) The first boss i think is quite hard if you "breeze" with 100% map completion with normal medium encounters, i had to grind a little to get regeneration skill because otherwise the boss was impossible.
(the second is ok and the third is somewhat easy (just got all the skills before the fight (somewhere close to the start of the water level i changed the encounter rate to low)))

2) The exp gain from the second boss is the same 200 exp as the first boss and almost the next monster you fight will give you ~100 exp

3) The lewdness is starting to cause problems personally at the final of the build, 30 without sensitive i think is already somewhat too much, too bad you can't dump the lewd scrolls.

4) I found weapons to be not powerful (yes it can buff your attack by 1.5 vs some mobs that are close to the first boss but they are negligible afterwards) also considering you should never just "attack" i found them completely useless.

5) The "you feel something very strong ahead" are showing more far away for each boss considering you get a warning just 2 steps before the first boss this is somewhat annoying because i had to run back to fountain for the second one only to find that actually get a small preparation room before the boss.

Last edited:

Tyrian

Lurker
Reputation score

I liked the first couple versions, but I'm not really enjoying this one. Going from save anywhere to just the fountains feels like a big step back, and losing health, exp, *and* items when running is also a pain. Why not just one (or preferably none) of those. When I found the first miniboss, I thought it was a new trap and just died to it once the encounter started because I didn't want to farm up however much exp a boss is worth. It felt like the faster option.

Early on, there's also kind of a dead zone if you lose your clothes at low LP. Trying to fight, attacking was pretty much useless and my defenses were low enough I'd need first aid to survive more than a turn or two, but then I'm even further from getting re-clothed. I'm guessing this could change later when you have higher lust, various specials, items, passives, whatever, but in the first few rooms I kind of hit the same feeling I had with the miniboss where it's faster to just give up than run away as things are now.

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I liked the first couple versions, but I'm not really enjoying this one. Going from save anywhere to just the fountains feels like a big step back, and losing health, exp, *and* items when running is also a pain. Why not just one (or preferably none) of those. When I found the first miniboss, I thought it was a new trap and just died to it once the encounter started because I didn't want to farm up however much exp a boss is worth. It felt like the faster option.

Early on, there's also kind of a dead zone if you lose your clothes at low LP. Trying to fight, attacking was pretty much useless and my defenses were low enough I'd need first aid to survive more than a turn or two, but then I'm even further from getting re-clothed. I'm guessing this could change later when you have higher lust, various specials, items, passives, whatever, but in the first few rooms I kind of hit the same feeling I had with the miniboss where it's faster to just give up than run away as things are now.
I'd honestly wholeheartedly and fully disagree with everthing you said because all the challenge in the game would simply be gone. Maybe the best option for both worlds would be to just put in an easy mode where you can save anywhere and won't lose anything.

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score

In all seriousness this is probably the easiest version by far simply because theres a fountain in every floor making grinding super easy.

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

its a bug can not save in 4.1v

You can no longer save at any time, all saving must now be done at healing/fountain locations. This is a big change so please play with more care, don't be afraid to backtrack a bit to a save point if you've made progress (there's one on almost every map, but there's one stretch in the ice dungeon without), use the new lust ability to top off LP and use heal to keep HP/Clothing, and when desperate run away from battle. You should have plenty of tools to survive.

Your criticism is the start you should also save.

Last edited:

watch_pets

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

That's a super nice game! Thank you, mminit!

I have some questions:
1. Do you have any particular priority for a gallery mode (in other words - is it coming soon)?
2. Are you planning to add some animal or insect type enemies?

Tyrian

Lurker
Reputation score

I'd honestly wholeheartedly and fully disagree with everthing you said because all the challenge in the game would simply be gone. Maybe the best option for both worlds would be to just put in an easy mode where you can save anywhere and won't lose anything.
I poked around a bit more and the combat does get much easier after you've got some abilities, it's just a rough start early on (at least if you get unlucky on encounters). I can definitely see why you'd be looking for more of a challenge, but I don't think the current save/escape systems make the game more challenging, just more tedious.

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I poked around a bit more and the combat does get much easier after you've got some abilities, it's just a rough start early on (at least if you get unlucky on encounters). I can definitely see why you'd be looking for more of a challenge, but I don't think the current save/escape systems make the game more challenging, just more tedious.
It wasn't any less tedious to grind in earlier versions, and the difficulty curve of encounters used to be steeper. It was also not even possible to escape battles, prior to this version.

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I don't really see how you can make the game any more challenging with its current mechanics. You either hit, defend or use skills. If you're truly desperate, just switch to defence mode and spam defend (this plus regen skill will heal you more than you can get hit by). You can also just spam defend when in lust mode and build up some first aid uses. The thing is, there's no real counterplay here.

If the monster rapes you, then you've really just got to press defend and hope you don't get killed waiting for the lust bar to fill up enough for you get dressed again. If you dress up again, there's no warning if the monster will just rape you again. Similar problem with getting hit by a status ailment.

So really every battle is just about out-healing the monster while doing damage to them. It's perfectly fine though :) and in all honesty it captures a retro aesthetic that hasn't been done for ages (generally because people don't have patience for repetition anymore). My guess is you could have attacks that cancel enemy attacks. So for example heavy kick can prevent enemy regular attacks. Uppercut stops rape attempts. Tackle prevents debuff attacks. Yell stops healing. Heat stops the enemy from buffing themselves. If you're really crazy you could give the player some way to predict what the enemy will do (again, you don't have to do this, it's a lot of work and the game is fine as is).

OP
M

mminit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I expected that the new method of saving wouldn’t go over so well with everyone, it seems like opinions are pretty mixed overall (on ULMF, emails, and the download page). This is the risk of releasing a game while it’s in development with changes, there’s the chance you end up angering or even disappointing people when they liked something the way it was..

But just as there are people that find the game too difficult, there are players that contact me saying it’s too easy and ask for something like a hard mode, probably those that play a lot of dungeon crawlers.

I’ll add an easy mode as an add-on to version 4 (save anywhere, less damage, forgiving grabs, etc), it’s something that’s always been at the back of my mind since there are so many players that want a more relaxed experience and just want to see the h-content. Dungeon crawlers are pretty niche and I know they aren’t for everybody (people that would otherwise have no interest in a dungeon crawler will play it simply due to it being lewd and tell me as much), so I don’t mind doing it.

There is something that i found.
All your points are very helpful and I’ve noted them, thank you for taking the time. Sorry you were annoyed.

That's a super nice game! Thank you, mminit!

I have some questions:
1. Do you have any particular priority for a gallery mode (in other words - is it coming soon)?
2. Are you planning to add some animal or insect type enemies?
Thanks. Gallery mode is something I plan to do more towards the end, likely when the dungeons are done. Not sure about the enemies, some are still roughs so it’s possible.

blackshot19

Demon Girl
Reputation score

In terms of making things more difficult in combat maybe alter how the strip mechanics work a bit? For example, to make it harder (HEH), you can make it so putting clothes back on after being stripped becomes a two-step thing, kind of like how traps work in the current version.

As for making the overall game easier I know I don't speak for everyone, but I think any additional changes in favor of an easier playthrough would take away from the game. Maybe restore save-everywhere in an easymode and leave the current difficulty as is?

All in all, I think this game is fantastic so far, variety of opinions aside. I hope you don't let any overzealous comments get you down; you've got a genuinely engaging/sexy game (a rare thing these days) on your hands and I think people want to see it succeed.

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score

This is by far my favorite hentai-project right now and I still love it, but I gotta admit I'm getting slightly burnt out on these 3 levels lol, can't imagine how hard it is on you as the developer who has to constantly playtest it.

Don't even really have much to say about it other than its still great, and the costumes are well implemented. I'm not a fan of the cum effect though, doesn't really look that great, I'm certainly no expert on drawing but those white stripes just don't look right. Maybe make it a little more transparent and wet-looking rather than the opaque, "solid" look it currently has.
Not that it bothers me much, at this point I'd rather you leave old stuff as it is and move on to new stuff. All depends on how much of a hassle it would be. Your artstyle has improved A LOT over the time, so I'd love to see more new stuff like the miniboss-CGs which were my favorite in this demo, rather than you constantly being stuck polishing up old stuff as you improve over time.

I love the addition of game over CGs. Some are better than others, to be honest, but as I said, all are fine as they are and don't need to be changed, I'd rather you focus your energy on new stuff now. Having to retroactively come up with a bunch of Game-over CGs for old stuff must have been exhausting.

Aside from the obvious complaints that you've already adressed, all I have left to say is that I'm excited for future progress and I'll definitely continue keeping an eye on your blog.

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Only thing I found somewhat annoying about the game was the in order to get your map exploration percent up you had to deliberately walk into traps. felt kind of silly traipsing over spikes I could easily walk around, or blundering right into vine traps I could have avoided, so I could get my percentage up!

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Only thing I found somewhat annoying about the game was the in order to get your map exploration percent up you had to deliberately walk into traps. felt kind of silly traipsing over spikes I could easily walk around, or blundering right into vine traps I could have avoided, so I could get my percentage up!
You can press X to wait on the spot, which automatically fills out every spot next to you on the map.
Oh yeah, which reminds me: Spots that are filled out that way on the map don't show things like walls, which annoyed me enough to fill out the map by walking on each tile anyways.

Lurker_01

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

thank you for taking the time. Sorry you were annoyed.
No need to apologize this is more like a manner of speech, through the change in the dynamics did thrown me off by some minutes in that point.

I think the difficulty is fine, through it may cause problems only at the start right now before the first boss, basically what Tyrian said here.

Last edited:

Tyrian

Lurker
Reputation score

It wasn't any less tedious to grind in earlier versions, and the difficulty curve of encounters used to be steeper. It was also not even possible to escape battles, prior to this version.
Probably should've clarified what I meant. As it is now, if you run away you're missing out on the hp bonus from winning, plus losing one from running. Getting to the same point you would've if you killed the enemy now takes two fights. Every battle you run from means grinding two more, at least if you want to keep your hp going up. That's what I meant by more tedious.

Would lust be a decent cost for running? Not sure how well it'd work in gameplay considering it already does everything and is kinda infinite if you're near traps (most maps), but theoretically if you were running from everything you'd either be in a desperate situation (naked/low health) or spending a couple turns in combat building it back up through lewd stance or enemy attacks.

I got up to the ice caves area, the game is pretty easy after getting the skills. It may just be the second/third map that's difficult. If you don't level up immediately you don't have the stats or stances to get by in combat, even against the second enemy in the game. The first time I entered the second map, I hadn't opened the menu since I knew I couldn't save and had forgotten about levelling up. I ran into a 'something strange' which immediately hit me with a grapple for half my health (my first time seeing the new grapple stuff), then spammed bile bomb as I tried to use first aid instead of re-dressing. I was only able to hit it for 3 damage, while it was doing 11 per turn including the poison effect. It was kind of a worst case scenario, but it is pretty easy to die before even reaching the first save point if you don't know (or remember, in my case) what you're doing.

The spider and pile of worms are pretty similar jumps in difficulty, although if you can reach them you've probably figured out the basics, at least. The spider for about the same reasons as 'something strange' but with bigger numbers, and the worms because they can strip you and then multi-hit you for about 30 total damage while you're naked if you don't/can't immediately re-dress. I can't really remember many enemies after that being a threat due to defensive stance/regen and the immediate availability of lewd traps to convert into healing.

OP
M

mminit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

In terms of making things more difficult in combat maybe alter how the strip mechanics work a bit? For example, to make it harder (HEH), you can make it so putting clothes back on after being stripped becomes a two-step thing, kind of like how traps work in the current version.
Adding levels to the clothing damage would work, but I’d rather not add more states to her as is. I wanted to keep the system simple.

Glad you like the game, thanks.

This is by far my favorite hentai-project right now and I still love it, but I gotta admit I'm getting slightly burnt out on these 3 levels lol, can't imagine how hard it is on you as the developer who has to constantly playtest it.
Yeah it can get tedious, but that’s just another part of making a game. I think it was a mistake for me to release 3 dungeons that early into development, players from previous versions must certainly be burnt out, but I can’t go back on it now. I may have hurt the game in the long run but at least the work is done.

Once I take care of the difficulty concern I’ll be moving forward with the game. The later dungeons are already planned out and most of their environment art has been finished for a while now.

Noted on the cum, I may take another look at it in the future. I had to draw a ton for this version so some stuff is lacking.

You can press X to wait on the spot, which automatically fills out every spot next to you on the map.
Oh yeah, which reminds me: Spots that are filled out that way on the map don't show things like walls, which annoyed me enough to fill out the map by walking on each tile anyways.
On my list of things to take care of.

willaberhaben

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

About adding difficulty levels:
perhaps dont make it fixed levels like easy/ hard but instead allow the player to pick each thing those would affect individually:
Saving everywhere: yes/no
Enemey Hitpoints: 75/100/150%
and so on.

Because i personally like being able to save everywhere but i dont want that this would force me on easy mode. And i really want to save everwhere because i had a %"!%$ moment last time i played. Ice level almost mapped out and i went to the fountain just to hit the quit button instead of the save button. I didn't consider it very funny that i really left the game without further popup and any kind of save.

So please also add a popup for that.

NekoMG2

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Can you put gallery when finishing the game (for now)?
or at least teleporter on the save point, so you can go back and see some H-event at earlier stage. (and need some skill to surrender, since status too high to be beaten on early stage)

Either way, this one of the decent game, which I rarely seen these days.
Keep up the good work.:cool: