What's new

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: moding sucubus quest

Ahhh... Good times :p
I remember I took me 3 tries to get to Lucifer... And a good 4/5 more tries to even want to win against sweet Lucifer :p

Sorry I tend to assume everyone on Earth has already completed SQ2 at least ten times. Your opinion will be all the more precious, then. :cool:
I'm a SQ2 virgin, as it were! I've heard of the game for a while, but never really got much into it due to my lack of understanding with it. Your translations though are really helping me get into it - every update it gets better!

EDIT
This is probably because the game doesn't handle gender flags well (if there is any?) but if a female Ayxect is bound and struggles free, it'll still say "he" for when is broken free. So "His hands" or "His feet".
Now I can't tell if those Lizardwomen were missing some attack, or if it was some male-only attack hm...
I also note for Lizardwomen, the game will initially call them Lizardmen. When you encounter them, that is. They'll be referred to as Lizardwomen after that though.

EDIT2
If female Ayxect is affected by Minimum (I got it from a Lilium in a chest), while in that case it'll say she was unaffected, in battle she'll still get messages about her penis being small. And it actually does seem to effect her, even if the trap said it had no effect - because her Interlabiae damage will drop massively.

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

This is probably because the game doesn't handle gender flags well (if there is any?) but if a female Ayxect is bound and struggles free, it'll still say "he" for when is broken free. So "His hands" or "His feet".

Now I can't tell if those Lizardwomen were missing some attack, or if it was some male-only attack hm...
I also note for Lizardwomen, the game will initially call them Lizardmen. When you encounter them, that is. They'll be referred to as Lizardwomen after that though.

If female Ayxect is affected by Minimum (I got it from a Lilium in a chest), while in that case it'll say she was unaffected, in battle she'll still get messages about her penis being small. And it actually does seem to effect her, even if the trap said it had no effect - because her Interlabiae damage will drop massively.
Now this is what I call a useful feedback! (almost never play as Ayxect-ko myself)

He/she, His/Her: yeah, it's a pain to script, but I'll do what I can - I hate those inconsistencies. EDIT: Please keep reporting them, this is grade-A useful!
EDIT2: fixed!

I'm currently trying to make sense with the enemy sex skills, and they sure are a pain, for the same reason, plus others.
Lizardmen/women: I was confused whether to name them one or the other, since lizardwomen is long and sounds bad IMO.... And yeah, they're "basic, low-level opponents" with a thing for footjobs... Little threat to a female Ayxect, and I won't script in a "tail insert" script just yet... Sorry boys and girls.

Minimum? I knew, the original had this inconsistency. I'm thinking about converting that to the modders' version - Ayxect turning much younger... For now I'll just say "Ayxect-ko feels weak in the knees", "Ayxect-ko's honeypot turned prepubic" or something... I'm no good with these lines. EDIT2: temporarily? fixed

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Now this is what I call a useful feedback! (almost never play as Ayxect-ko myself)

He/she, His/Her: yeah, it's a pain to script, but I'll do what I can - I hate those inconsistencies. EDIT: Please keep reporting them, this is grade-A useful!
EDIT2: fixed!

I'm currently trying to make sense with the enemy sex skills, and they sure are a pain, for the same reason, plus others.
Lizardmen/women: I was confused whether to name them one or the other, since lizardwomen is long and sounds bad IMO.... And yeah, they're "basic, low-level opponents" with a thing for footjobs... Little threat to a female Ayxect, and I won't script in a "tail insert" script just yet... Sorry boys and girls.

Minimum? I knew, the original had this inconsistency. I'm thinking about converting that to the modders' version - Ayxect turning much younger... For now I'll just say "Ayxect-ko feels weak in the knees", "Ayxect-ko's honeypot turned prepubic" or something... I'm no good with these lines. EDIT2: temporarily? fixed
I'll try what I can! Though I'm bound to miss things but I'll see what things crop up from time to time.

Maybe like... Lizardess? Hrm. *Googles*
Huh there's an almost all-female lizard species called Teiidae... but I don't think that'd work well since no one would really get it. Lizardwoman might be kind of long, but nothing else immediately springs to mind.

And Ayxect-ko is immune to foot attacks? That seems kind of odd. I mean, I'd imagine grinding a foot into her vagina is still pretty stimulating... though a lot of what parts of you the succubi are attacking are still untranslated, but I guess since you see the code, you know what they're doing :p

Minimum does seem like a tricky one to handle for both genders. I only worry if we go the 'younger' route, it might somehow feel almost like loli/shota... then again, it isn't like there's any artwork shift so maybe it's alright...

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Lizardwomen will have to do. They're from D&D, and in SQ they are basic enemies. Since there are some spots left open for other lizardfolk-type (between lizardwoman & Vouivre), it's OK to keep the original naming.

I've double-checked, and they seem to do quite a number on my Ayxect-ko, including with foot attack... So I've seen no problem here myself... As low-level enemies, they shouldn't have all the arsenal just yet.
I'll have to rework the fetish system anyway - to separate elemental weakness (hand, foot...) from type weakness (demon, lizard...).

Minimum does seem like a tricky one to handle for both genders. I only worry if we go the 'younger' route, it might somehow feel almost like loli/shota... then again, it isn't like there's any artwork shift so maybe it's alright...
Nah, I'll skip the shota stuff. I dislike that myself, it doesn't fit SQ's spirit, and there is not a single shota line in the original SQs. Not to mention the "younger" topic is taboo around here (ulmf). SQ is for grown-ups :p
I don't mind if anyone uses my work to add something like this though, as long as they do a fine job with it... And perhaps include a menu option to deactivate it.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Going back to playing male Ayxect for a bit, because I realize I can't see any special insert versions of the artwork as female.

I note for trapped chests, the mermaid one in particular, doesn't show the name. It'll say " 's tension".

Playing around in the Ocean now (I think it's next after the caverns?), and I note when you loot a Mermaid's Tear it's originally in Japanese, then English when it's added to your inventory.

I haven't been trying Sweet Words for a while, now that I think on it. I know the Succubus and Imp were translated, but I'm not sure which others might be?

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I note for trapped chests, the mermaid one in particular, doesn't show the name. It'll say " 's tension".
Playing around in the Ocean now (I think it's next after the caverns?), and I note when you loot a Mermaid's Tear it's originally in Japanese, then English when it's added to your inventory.
I overlooked the 1st, the 2nd was a special loot. Both fixed, thanks!

I haven't been trying Sweet Words for a while, now that I think on it. I know the Succubus and Imp were translated, but I'm not sure which others might be?
"Sweet words" are common events that work with "talk type", so you will read the Imp's or Succubus' dialogue with other monsters. They are the only types I've translated so far.
It's very easy to do and I can even provide the current "CommonEvents.rxdata" file on PM demand. One only needs RPGMaker XP to edit this, plus SQ2 can work with an external file... So it's not a top priority for me, I'd rater deal with the internal stuff.

I realize I can't see any special insert versions of the artwork as female.
None for now, even from sqdev :) Except for a bizarre imp stuff I won't mention.
My to-do list does include:
- "adding icon for insert state"
- adding positions (like: missionary lessens enemy's attack, reverse cowgirl owns you, etc.)
- adding locks/special inserts: oppai lock, tighs lock, faceriding hold...
However, I lack the imagination, creativity, not to mention my artistry skils are inexistent...
I guess female Ayxect will be on the very bottom of my list. I don't have the required female's POV...

EDIT: I've tried and remade the title and intro pics, in zip. Pass is sq. Please tell me what you think; they go under graphics/pictures.

EDIT2: I figured I'd work with a synonyms database for "penis" and "vagina"... I have ~10 synonyms for each, with variable probabilities, but does anybody know how to refer to a vagina in a non-vulgar way? I mean, there are 100+ humorous ways to call a dick dick, but c'mon, so few about "honey pots" or "sugar walls"? If any girl reads this and laugh, please leave some synonyms and surnames before you go :)

EDIT3: love you, Google.

Attachments

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I hate double posting... Can't be helped. :(

Well, insomnia has its perks: Here's v0.04 :D
(pass is sq)

Same old:
-Install cinecaption font if you haven't already
-copy your own graphics/battlers folder, or mine is even better (see previous post)
-copy your own AUDIO folder
-enjoy

Changelog:
- All intro 98% English 'till you leave the reading room
- Reading room 100% English
- Battles 90% English, nah seriously :cool:
- 2 new enemies: Dragoneer and High Dragoon
- BGM volume adjusting - ask Rosenil
- Graphics overall, no more default succubi all over the place, esp. in the reading room
- some enemy memories swapped/arranged, 1 new item (related to Genesis... No, not the band)
- more things I didn't keep track of... Find them yourselves and send me the typos/bugs report, pretty please

Don't expect another release anytime soon, just sayin'. Especially that big.

edit: game crashes when you return from Lamiel after clearing it. The cure is in the attachment. Extract Q_Map025.rxdata to your root folder (along game.exe and game.ini)

Attachments

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll be playin' around with this update today that's for sure. Have some family stuff so it'll be a bit. But I shall see what I can find.

I guess I should probably not use the -ko form though...

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I guess I should probably not use the -ko form though...
Huh, why is that? I think I'll need more critics for the -ko side. I translated for both genders, but I'm sure I've done more sloppy a job for female Ayxect... Well, I'm a guy, can't be helped.
Didn't have the time to fix the return-to-reading-room-changes-gender bug, btw.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Huh, why is that? I think I'll need more critics for the -ko side. I translated for both genders, but I'm sure I've done more sloppy a job for female Ayxect... Well, I'm a guy, can't be helped.
Didn't have the time to fix the return-to-reading-room-changes-gender bug, btw.
Well I guess I can still play more of -ko and see. I caught myself wondering if all the events in the game still work with -ko. I mean... Ayxect is an old man after all. Not sure how it handles the gender flipping in the game, truth be told...

At least I'll know not to mention that one then! :p

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Fresh, homebrew ginger ale in the morning... What more could a man wish for? :p
I caught myself wondering if all the events in the game still work with -ko. I mean... Ayxect is an old man after all. Not sure how it handles the gender flipping in the game, truth be told...
Well, the whole game is a dream. Ayxect uses a body Est provided him anyway, so it doesn't change much IMO is this body is a she. What's more, Ayxect's implications and endeavours in the dream has very little to do with his gender...
On the other hand, all those who know Ayxect's true self (his partners, to start with), will logically talk to him like to the gramps he is...

What I would need most:
- feedback about the intro, I'm pretty confident I did a good job, but...
- feedback about skills and battle flow (typos, text too long, or just anything that sounds strange...)
- suggestions about enemy behaviour (why doesn't she do this? why don't they try that?)

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Fresh, homebrew ginger ale in the morning... What more could a man wish for? :p

Well, the whole game is a dream. Ayxect uses a body Est provided him anyway, so it doesn't change much IMO is this body is a she. What's more, Ayxect's implications and endeavours in the dream has very little to do with his gender...
On the other hand, all those who know Ayxect's true self (his partners, to start with), will logically talk to him like to the gramps he is...

What I would need most:
- feedback about the intro, I'm pretty confident I did a good job, but...
- feedback about skills and battle flow (typos, text too long, or just anything that sounds strange...)
- suggestions about enemy behaviour (why doesn't she do this? why don't they try that?)
I can finally figure out the story! Hahahaha.

Going through the intro now... For Merja's addressing of Ayxect, it might be better to put it like... Sir Ayxect? Not sure how well it'll work with how Japanese honorifics work though. Or just go full Japanese and just have her call him Ayxect-sama.

Est's dialogue with Ayxect has a minor typo I see: "Feels freat, doesn't it?"

I could actually go and proof the dialogue for you if you have it in a text format I can just look over?

EDIT:
Using the -ko a bit more now. When in the Forest (Which I guess is the 'second' level), I notice when the Dyrad uses her massaging move, it'll say 'his' body when referring to Ayxect. Probably another gender flag issue or such there. It'll also always cause Ayxect to "crave a handjob", even though I think being a woman in this instance might make that hard...

I really am liking seeing most of the battles translated though!

Mentioned to a friend the name Asmodeus, and he suggests that might be changed to Asmodea. As -deus is a male ending to a name, and -dea is the feminine. Also he says it just sounds cuter.

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Or just go full Japanese and just have her call him Ayxect-sama.
I went with "Ayxect-sir" as a compromise... "Sir Ayxect" is too noble, "Ayxect-sama" too japanese :) I'm not sure I'm right...

Est's dialogue with Ayxect has a minor typo I see: "Feels freat, doesn't it?"
<Facepalm> 'Kay, queen Mab, take out the whip, I deserve it.

I could actually go and proof the dialogue for you if you have it in a text format I can just look over?
That would be much work; in RPGMXP, every text block (1-3 lines) is a separate command... Not to mention the various backslash gibberish :) (see ennude messages, etc from before)

it'll say 'his' body when referring to Ayxect. Probably another gender flag issue or such there. It'll also always cause Ayxect to "crave a handjob", even though I think being a woman in this instance might make that hard.../QUOTE]Nice to know; I made a very simple "he-she" conversion script, but it won't work if I forget to adapt my sentences :/ Do tell if you notice other inconsistencies like that.

Mentioned to a friend the name Asmodeus, and he suggests that might be changed to Asmodea. As -deus is a male ending to a name, and -dea is the feminine. Also he says it just sounds cuter.
Asmodea sounds great, somehow :p I want a gf called that :cool:
However, Asmodeus is a very masculine figure in Tobit IMO, and the closest pronounciation according to most translation of the apocrypha; so it IS the best fit.
I hesitated with "Asmodee", which sounded genderless enough, and close enough to the original... However, I think "Asmodea" is just too cute and cuddly for the character. See the encyclopaedia lines I've chosen, and the moves she(sic...) uses.
Asmodeus makes Jack the ripper looks like a kindergarten bully o_O

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

I went with "Ayxect-sir" as a compromise... "Sir Ayxect" is too noble, "Ayxect-sama" too japanese :) I'm not sure I'm right...
It is kind of tricky to pull off in English. Sir is kind of fancy and noble-esque... and far as I know, Axyect isn't nobility? We know he's the Royal Librarian though, so maybe he is?

That would be much work; in RPGMXP, every text block (1-3 lines) is a separate command... Not to mention the various backslash gibberish :) (see ennude messages, etc from before)
Ah, right. I'll have to try and take more time reading everything instead of just quickly skimming like I'm used to, so I can catch any potential typos.

Nice to know; I made a very simple "he-she" conversion script, but it won't work if I forget to adapt my sentences :/ Do tell if you notice other inconsistencies like that.
I'll try! I'll need to remember to slow down the battle text speed.

Asmodea sounds great, somehow :p I want a gf called that :cool:
However, Asmodeus is a very masculine figure in Tobit IMO, and the closest pronounciation according to most translation of the apocrypha; so it IS the best fit.
I hesitated with "Asmodee", which sounded genderless enough, and close enough to the original... However, I think "Asmodea" is just too cute and cuddly for the character. See the encyclopaedia lines I've chosen, and the moves she(sic...) uses.
Asmodeus makes Jack the ripper looks like a kindergarten bully o_O
Yeah I imagine it was a literal translation. My friend was just pointing out that Asmoedus is a male name. Not that it's impossible to give a male name to a female, of course.

I haven't tried to fight her since my first time trying out Est's Room for kicks. She made me her bitch so badly I need to actually try to properly get ready I think... :p

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Asmoedus [..] made me her bitch so badly I need to.[..] :p
I just understood that's why you can't read her Encyclopaedia entry...

I decided to do another one.
Yey :D Thanks! That sure helps!

Edit: fix for game-crashing bug when you return from Lamiel: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=620296&postcount=47 (in the attachment)

Edit2: lil' question before going back to work: is having special Ayxect sprite (neko, angel, etc.) really important? I'm thinking about scripting this (back?) in, but I feel other matters are more pressing: complete battle messages, sweet words...

Edit3:fixed the he/she (etc.) when you play female Ayxect. Turns out I was stupid (or too sleepy) and disabled my sex-change script on my very own...
My script supported (" his "," her ")(" he "," she ")("himself","herself") conversion, inc. capitalized. It now converts (" him "," her ") as well... I overlooked that one.
@modders: my simple algorythm actually converts the spaces, so "the banshee hisses at him " becomes "the banshee hisses at her " and NOT "tshe bansshers herses at her "... :)

Edit4: I need some serious feedback about "fetish" moves description; they are supposed to be the hottest dialogues and situations (in the original game, at least), and I really need to know whether I've done a good job translating/interpreting these scenes... I'm no sex fiction writer, I would like to know how much it shows (or hopefully, doesn't... Much:b).
How to get those dialogues: basically, be nude VS an opponent you have a fetish for. I implemented Fluffy to this end; perhaps I should do like the mods and plainly have Merja make Ayxect a fetishist at his own leisure?

Last edited:

artificial academy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hah, i didn't know this thread. Anyway, re-post :)

As promised, here's the partial translation of SQ (SQ1- the original? I dunno).
Translated:
Skills, items, UI (statuses, battle....), battle's text not yet translated cause they're in the Scripts.rxdata, recklessly editing this file may cause the game malfunction, i'm still working on it. I'm sure there have got a lot of mistranslations because my Japanese knowledge is equal to 0. And this is the first game i have to edit the image files in order to translate the UI, and my photoshop skill isn't the best of the world either :D. So, bear with it, guys.

Install:
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=25637

- Backup then replace the files in Graphic and Data folders in the correspond folders of your SQ install location.

@Strange: Thank you, your old translation help me a bit. And now with your "Short Story" translation, i can enjoy this series with ease :D

Link: and attachment

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

v0.05 :
(pass is sq)

Same old:
-Install cinecaption font if you haven't already
-copy in GRAPHICS/BATTLERS folder from your previous version
-copy in AUDIO folder from your previous version
-enjoy

Changelog:
- kicked out most, hopefully all, previous bugs
- Reudf's storyline (Stona/Merona) translated
-Mostly refined whatever's left to translate in battles.

All battler-specific messages now 100% English, and their names do show in Latin characters when they're supposed to :)
Battle-wise, there's only the sweet words dialogues, and skill-specific common events, left to translate.

Normally, there shouldn't be much point ,translation-wise, in tinkering with the script any more. And everything seems to work fine, including previously brainaching yet simple issues I had.
IOW, everything that's left to translate can be edited externally - working with the _P and _Q files modders are familiar with.

Supposing no bugs remain, my personal goal has been reached today... 'Nuff said. :)

artificial academy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Does anyone know the password to download the SQ mods?

SilverJonas

Lurker
Reputation score

Is there a certain file I need to make the cum scenes work? It seems that in the Japanese files it has something to do with the SQ_Patch file while it works just fine with the Japanese version of it if I use the English version it gives me an error at dungeon start.

Anyone know what file I need to make the English SQ_Patch bounce the same way as the Japanese one?