What's new

ACT [Moeymoey] Breed Lab

Moeymoey

Reputation score
Hi, Folks. Breed Laboratory a 3rd Person H-Game, inspired by games like "Escape from the Giant Insect Lab" and "Silent Hill". Find your way out of a laboratory filled with lewd creatures!

forf.PNG
Download Link:

Latest Public Build:

Features:

• Different clothing
  • Gather helpful items
  • Enhanceable character stats
  • Solve some “light” riddles to gain new abilities or open new paths

CONTROLS:

WASD – Direction Moves
Hold shift - Walking
Hold Right Mouse Click - Shooting Mode, Left Click in Shooting Mode to shoot.

INTERACT / STRUGGLE / Standup – Space Key / Hold Space Key

I – Open Inventory

1 - Use Willpower Potions
F - Flashlight (Only useable in Level 2 Dark-Tunnel Area)

Esc - Pause

Fetishes: Forced, Alien, Creampie, Pregnancy

I appreciate every feedback and bug report. Feel free to join and/or support the project on

Greets :>

Last edited:

Moondough

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
This game is VERY similar to Giant Insect Lab. Was my first thought, if not currently but in ambition.
Not that i mind though - one thing i'd love for this game to see compared to that of GIL is some "reverse-rape", it'd be nice for me to see the heroine fall into lust and take advantage of the monsters herself.
Also char creation pretty plz haha!

Other than that i don't really have anything particular of note bar not running into any performance issues.
Because the game is pretty much what you've explained in the title so far, so it's very bare bones. Though i'll be following your project with interest.

Kernog

Reputation score
I like the concept. Movement is very wonky for the moment, sometimes the girl moves, sometimes she doesn't.
In any case, as Moondough said this is a very early project so I'll follow it as well.

OP
Moeymoey

Moeymoey

Reputation score
Hey, thanks for the replies and feedback!

This game is VERY similar to Giant Insect Lab.
Yes. “Giant Insect Lab” is my inspiration. Also partly Drezal (He made some nice MMDs). Sadly, there was not really much content in GIL but it had the genre I'm into and it was at the same time kinda simplistic made without any complicated looking mechanics, which motivated me just to try out my own project in a similar setting. I would even say, because of GIL, i started this hobby.

one thing i'd love for this game to see compared to that of GIL is some "reverse-rape"
With the current H-System mechanic i have in mind, reverse-rape would kinda lead to an even higher panelty for the heroine, since you get endurance debuff for some time when orgasming. But the "falling in lust" part is something I want to make visible by facial expressions, heartbeat and screenblur-pulsing.

It's not really reverse-rape but im planning to implement "beneficial H-Acts", where engagements with specific enemies are necessary in order to proceed to some places or get some other benefits. (It's a breed lab afterall). For this, your stats must reach a certain level or you have to use consumables, to make the enemy finish before your endurence debuff gets too high. (In the demo, a creampie opens that one closed door which leads into nothing). Theres also a mechanic I want to try out in later build-stages like "the enemy changes position sometimes (at least some specific ones). This positions are harder to endure, but you can get tools to react"

Movement is very wonky for the moment, sometimes the girl moves, sometimes she doesn't.
Yes, that’s a strange issue. I got that sometimes on my laptop too. But on my pc, where I work the most time on, I have no issues with the movement and she reacts instantly to a key press. Its on my list for the “debug-day”. Now im kinda glad, i have this issue on my laptop. Always good to have different systems to test on i guess.

Moondough

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hey, thanks for the replies and feedback!
You're welcome bud! Keep up the good work and i'll keep on checking in <3

Yes. “Giant Insect Lab” is my inspiration. Also partly Drezal (He made some nice MMDs). Sadly, there was not really much content in GIL but it had the genre I'm into and it was at the same time kinda simplistic made without any complicated looking mechanics, which motivated me just to try out my own project in a similar setting. I would even say, because of GIL, i started this hobby.
Ah well count me in as well, it really hits the right spots for me.
But sadly it didn't really go far enough IMO and left me kind of with a shallow experience, but when you mention it's just a learning project it has tempered my expectations for it. So i wont be left with the same feeling as i was with GIL.

But yea the similarities are striking haha! And i'm glad someone else is picking it up!

With the current H-System mechanic i have in mind, reverse-rape would kinda lead to an even higher panelty for the heroine, since you get endurance debuff for some time when orgasming. But the "falling in lust" part is something I want to make visible by facial expressions, heartbeat and screenblur-pulsing.

It's not really reverse-rape but im planning to implement "beneficial H-Acts", where engagements with specific enemies are necessary in order to proceed to some places or get some other benefits. (It's a breed lab afterall). For this, your stats must reach a certain level or you have to use consumables, to make the enemy finish before your endurence debuff gets too high. (In the demo, a creampie opens that one closed door which leads into nothing). Theres also a mechanic I want to try out in later build-stages like "the enemy changes position sometimes (at least some specific ones). This positions are harder to endure, but you can get tools to react"
That's fair, it's a lot of extra work with animation and coding so i totally get that. And even more so when it requires you to change your initial view of the game.

I found out that it opened the gate, it jumpscared me hahaha!

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Hmm, alright. Let me try and give some criticism for stuff that hasn't been said yet.

-Angle for the enemy's scene could be altered since you can't really see much going on as is.
-I don't like how the character doesn't turn on the spot when you press a direction so she just does a tight-ish circle around to that direction.
-Having to hold space down to struggle free of an enemy is fine, but having to then release space once it's full to complete the struggle action (?) just doesn't feel right.

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Ayy-lamo

I like it, very rough of course with the above posts already highlighting anything I was really going to say, but it's always good to see a dev want to make something that interests them (and me of course). GIL was nice but short, so it looks like you have a good base to work from.

An inventory toggle system would be welcome though.

Yunguy1

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Definitely something to look forward to. The basis for what you're going for is definitely there which is a great sign.

Definitely needs a couple of control changes and camera angle changes for the initiation of h-scenes. You could probably also increase the time spent on the h-scenes to really savour the moment. Another option though is to make it scaled on time by making that a modifiable option.

OP
Moeymoey

Moeymoey

Reputation score
Hey Folks,
Keep up the good work and i'll keep on checking in <3
Yes! Making my work public motivated me to work way more on the project. The to-do list is long.
I found out that it opened the gate, it jumpscared me hahaha!
Lol, sry for that, jumpscares weren't my intention. I tested with sounds the triggers and the volume distance and decided to keep them in the demo for the "Silent Hillish" vibe.
Angle for the enemy's scene could be altered since you can't really see much going on as is.
I read your comment yesterday and actually fixed it today. Camera programming is really my nemesis. I feel stupid not to have done this before releasing the demo, the different angle shows the h-scene much better now.
I don't like how the character doesn't turn on the spot when you press a direction so she just does a tight-ish circle around to that direction.
This is intendend for now, the idea is to make her movement a bit clunkier to make it harder to avoid enemies in tight angles. But I keep this in mind as a possible issue.
Having to hold space down to struggle free of an enemy is fine, but having to then release space once it's full to complete the struggle action (?) just doesn't feel right.
You can release the space-key anytime, dependent on how far you charged, the enemy and you are taking a larger hit on endurance. I have to make it more visible by a bit camera-shaking, some sound and a cool-down so you can’t spam the struggling (The cooldown would also be a good thing you can buff or debuff later). Full charge is only necessary if you want to stand up again.

Thanks for the feedback, it helps me to see what might be necessary to fix!
An inventory toggle system would be welcome though.
I don’t really have a clear plan for the inventory and it’s style at the moment. For now I’m just glad the base is there. But this is something i have on my list to work on after some of the major stuff is done.
You could probably also increase the time spent on the h-scenes to really savour the moment. Another option though is to make it scaled on time by making that a modifiable option.
A scaling option seems to me like a pro-move to do. Considering the way my “amateur”-code is structured. I feel like it’s something I could consider once the whole game is finished. Like a Ver. 1.1 update. But the stats, like enemy endurance are not balanced out yet. In general, the h-scene time will depend on the enemy you are facing.

unkownmyriad

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
While it might be a bit early to ask, what sort of h scenes can we expect

Kernog

Reputation score
I'm actually curious myself. Since the first enemy is a "hugger"-like creature, and the game is inspired by GIL. Will there be oviposition content?

OP
Moeymoey

Moeymoey

Reputation score
Some enemies might have a chance to impregnate, causing a growing belly over time which leads into birth like in GIL. I want to implement the growing belly in the next build, birth later. But the idea is to have possibilities to prevent birth by mating with specific enemies, using items or objects.

I haven’t decided on the consequence of birth yet.
One Idea is making the birth lead into GameOver. This has the “mating” part with it's “risk” element but keeps the actual birth part in background not really as a part of the gameplay.
Other idea is making a birth to a part of the game which leads into debuffs and more enemies to avoid as a penalty or buffs with "your" creatures helping open some doors.

I will decide which idea I pick later. This is a theoretical field for now. The first one is for sure easier to make and has also its benefits in form of a clear GameOver condition.

Its hard to tell now which H-Scenes will be implemented. I can tell what for sure what will not be there: guro, violence (in form of hurt) and vore. I have a concept of a vore-plant-like creature, which’s like hanging on the ceiling slurping half of you in when you come near (but not full vore). - We'll see. Overall I think it will be kept in a abstract alien theme with the H-Scenes not going too crazy.

Kernog

Reputation score
Some enemies might have a chance to impregnate, causing a growing belly over time which leads into birth like in GIL. I want to implement the growing belly in the next build, birth later. But the idea is to have possibilities to prevent birth by mating with specific enemies, using items or objects.

I haven’t decided on the consequence of birth yet.
One Idea is making the birth lead into GameOver. This has the “mating” part with it's “risk” element but keeps the actual birth part in background not really as a part of the gameplay.
Other idea is making a birth to a part of the game which leads into debuffs and more enemies to avoid as a penalty or buffs with "your" creatures helping open some doors.

I will decide which idea I pick later. This is a theoretical field for now. The first one is for sure easier to make and has also its benefits in form of a clear GameOver condition.

Its hard to tell now which H-Scenes will be implemented. I can tell what for sure what will not be there: guro, violence (in form of hurt) and vore. I have a concept of a vore-plant-like creature, which’s like hanging on the ceiling slurping half of you in when you come near (but not full vore). - We'll see. Overall I think it will be kept in a abstract alien theme with the H-Scenes not going too crazy.
I had an idea of that kind, that I never put into practice because I mainly write text games (for fun): upon impregnation (by eggs in that case), the encumbered player must return to a "nursing station" or similar before a timer runs out, otherwise it's game over. But impregnation also activates special enemies and traps that would "feed on" or "collect" these eggs. Being caught by them would remove the pregnancy at a hefty cost of HP or whatever similar resource the player has.

As for what you describe, you can go to full vore without it being fatal/hurting. Myself, I really like the concept of sack or pod-type creatures.

OP
Moeymoey

Moeymoey

Reputation score
But impregnation also activates special enemies and traps that would "feed on" or "collect" these eggs. Being caught by them would remove the pregnancy at a hefty cost of HP or whatever similar resource the player has.
Yes, having the pregnancy as a gameplay factor gives you a lot of options you can play around with. I would go another path in the game, since adding additional enemies and traps seems to be a bit much of a penalty and instead give it some benefits like larger resistance values or opening paths for example. Having a GameOver timer (ony visible by the growing belly, not an actual clock-timer) and slower movement seems to me a high enough panelty for this game. Especially considering there's a "sexyness" attribute in the game which leads to a higher risk of getting pregnant (since the enemies finish faster and probably more often) but supposed to be a positive stat overall due the high endurance drain and slower regeneration rate while resting when enemies ejaculate. (You can also already see it tested in the demo, when the test-enemy ejaculate, he loses endurance and needs longer to regenerate again while resting).

As for what you describe, you can go to full vore without it being fatal/hurting. Myself, I really like the concept of sack or pod-type creatures.
Since I already have in my mind to implement such type of creature (in later builds), we’ll see how it turns out and what I can do with it.

Tenma

Reputation score
Aside from mechanics what sort of enemies could we expect? Will there be humanoids, bigger bugs, e.g spider-like or roach-like, quadrupeds?

OP
Moeymoey

Moeymoey

Reputation score
Aside from mechanics what sort of enemies could we expect? Will there be humanoids, bigger bugs, e.g spider-like or roach-like, quadrupeds?
Its a question of “whatever hits my inspiration”. Talking about types of enemies in detail is a bit tricky since I’m not focusing on it at the moment. I have some in my mind but it could change anytime.

I opened a discord, so people who are interested in this project can discuss there in detail and even pitch some ideas if they want to.

MoxieTouch

Reputation score
Hey would you look at that, another sci-fi setting! Always enjoy sci fi when I see it.

Edit:
Not much content, so can't comment on that.
I do like the controls. I half-expected a fps control scheme, but instead it's "click and drag" to look around.
I like the 'click n drag' control much more than I should. I kept on thinking, "Hey! this is a really fluid way of transitioning to sexy times. I can still look around with just my mouse, which is neat."

Last edited:
OP
Moeymoey

Moeymoey

Reputation score
Hey Folks,

It’s has been about 4 weeks since the first build. I think I can release the second build now. Download Link:

Here is a small list on things I played around with during the time:
  • Animations
  • Additional area
  • Enemy Ai
  • Enemy detects where they hit from, so you fall front or back based on the hit direction, which triggers a different animation.
  • Tried out to do hair movement, pregnancy and eyes blinking animations
  • Broken terminals, can be fixed with a screwdriver to open doors.
  • Big hall has on the left and right 2 areas:
    • Left area has a enemy with 100% pregnancy chance
    • Right area has 2 enemies near each other and they are supposed to act correctly by taking their turns on you.
Debug Pantsu can be found and still disables the enemies ability to chase you.

Note: All stats are not balanced out.

I really appreciate every feedback on the second build!

What comes next?

Build 3 main attention goes into UI. (And probably a new enemy). I think i mentioned before, I'm planning on making 4 Builds in total where the last build should contain all important mechanics for the game. After that, it should be mainly about Level Building and additional enemies.

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
are supposed to act correctly by taking their turns on you.
First time I went in, they both grappled me at the exact same time and overlaid each other. Thereafter, they took turns.

OP
Moeymoey

Moeymoey

Reputation score
First time I went in, they both grappled me at the exact same time and overlaid each other. Thereafter, they took turns.
Hey, thanks for playing and reporting this issue!

I can only replecate the overlapping issue by putting off the debug pantsu while standing between them, did you do it this way?

Last edited: