What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Threshold] Monster Girl Dreams

Shivan Hunter

Lurker
Reputation score
How do you scroll down when selecting a perk? I haven't been able to even click the bar on the side to make it move at all.
Oh, the custom circular scroll thing only responds to the mousewheel, I wanted to look into click-dragging the bar around but... kinda forgot about it with everything else -_- All the Ren'Py docs I found were about drag/drop for things like inventory systems, but it shouldn't be too hard to get working...

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v15.1 update to fix bugs, do some other stuff, and allow modders to edit pre-existing locations without needing to edit original game files.

Oh, the custom circular scroll thing only responds to the mousewheel, I wanted to look into click-dragging the bar around but... kinda forgot about it with everything else -_- All the Ren'Py docs I found were about drag/drop for things like inventory systems, but it shouldn't be too hard to get working...
I didn't even notice you couldn't click and drag that because I normally use the scroll wheel, let me know if you're going to change that so I don't also do it at the same time. xD

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Where are the save games stored?
Updated from version 14 to 15 and had my savesgames even though I did not copied them.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Where are the save games stored?
Updated from version 14 to 15 and had my savesgames even though I did not copied them.
Type %APPDATA% in windows and look for the RenPy folder. The saves are in there.
^ That's the fastest way to get to the save files.

You're old save should work in the newer version though. Should.

Shivan Hunter

Lurker
Reputation score
I didn't even notice you couldn't click and drag that because I normally use the scroll wheel, let me know if you're going to change that so I don't also do it at the same time. xD
I'll let you handle it if you don't mind, a bunch of IRL stuff just came up so I don't have much time atm.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Upon looking back at some of the older stuff, I've come to realize that I probably missed a few things with spelling or grammar in the past. If anyone notices any spelling mistakes or anything of the like (not newer content like the three succubi, I'm still working on that myself), feel free to PM me so I can get them down. I'm only one person, and making mistakes is never fun, so why not crowdsource to try to tackle a bunch of things at once?

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Small, but game-crashing typo in renpy/skills/breasts/enemyskills/SoftAmberEmbrace.json
line 36, there's {targerYouOrMonsterName}" instead of {targetYouOrMonsterName}

edit: oh, and "escape skills" (ie, teleport) are no longer usable when under "restraint" (vines, pins...); I think the UI might be at fault here (on the other hand skills now seem properly scrollable)

Last edited:

Kaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Anyone else feels like Nara might be ending up as a monster when she decides to tackle the mountain dungeon?

StrangeMan52

Reputation score
I've been working on a mod loader to automate the process of adding user-made content to the game, but in doing so, I've found a bug: "Addition" files for a location add their events/monsters twice.

The problem can be fixed by replacing this code (from line 669 onwards in LoadDatabase.rpy):

Code:
if currentData["exploreTitle"] == "Addition":
    for each in currentData["Monsters"]:
        if each != "":
            LocationDatabase[targetLocation].Monsters.append(each)
    for each in currentData["Events"]:
        if each != "":
            LocationDatabase[targetLocation].Events.append(each)
    for each in currentData["Quests"]:
        if each != "":
            LocationDatabase[targetLocation].Quests.append(each)
    for each in currentData["Adventures"]:
        if each != "":
            LocationDatabase[targetLocation].Adventures.append(each)
With this:

Code:
if currentData["exploreTitle"] == "Addition":
    for each in currentData["Monsters"]:
        if each != "":
            if each not in LocationDatabase[targetLocation].Monsters:
                LocationDatabase[targetLocation].Monsters.append(each)
    for each in currentData["Events"]:
        if each != "":
            if each not in LocationDatabase[targetLocation].Events:
                LocationDatabase[targetLocation].Events.append(each)
    for each in currentData["Quests"]:
        if each != "":
            if each not in LocationDatabase[targetLocation].Quests:
                LocationDatabase[targetLocation].Quests.append(each)
    for each in currentData["Adventures"]:
        if each != "":
            if each not in LocationDatabase[targetLocation].Adventures:
                LocationDatabase[targetLocation].Adventures.append(each)
EDIT: Something else I've noticed is that when you fail to get free of a stance, some monsters have a "stanceStruggleComment", but the game is looking for "stanceStruggleFailComment".

Last edited:

StrangeMan52

Reputation score
ModLoader v1.0 for Monster Girl Dreams v15.1

As promised, here's the mod loader I've been working on, along with a mod that adds a high-level succubus, Fiore, to the Mountain.

ModLoader doesn't tamper with Monster Girl Dreams, and is designed to have as light a footprint as possible - it doesn't interfere with any other mods that you install by hand - but due to the bug I outlined above, the zip does contain a replacement LoadDatabase.rpy file.

To install ModLoader, just extract it into the Monster Girl Dreams directory.
To install mods, extract them into the "ModLoader/mods" folder and run ModLoader.
N.B.: After installing mods, you must update your save in Monster Girl Dreams. This can be done from the Options screen when you are at town.

EDIT: The ModLoader folder now contains ModLoader.py and ModLoader.exe. Both have the same functionality, but the EXE doesn't need Python to be installed.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaa

Kaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
ModLoader v1.0 for Monster Girl Dreams v15.1

As promised, here's the mod loader I've been working on.
That looks great, but I don't have python installed on my host system, and most people probably don't either. Any chance you could make a standalone .exe or something?

Also, I understand modders only need to create that .json file to make their mods compatible with your loader?

StrangeMan52

Reputation score
That looks great, but I don't have python installed on my host system, and most people probably don't either. Any chance you could make a standalone .exe or something?

Also, I understand modders only need to create that .json file to make their mods compatible with your loader?
Aside from that, the only thing you would need to change are the references to any images you use. Actually, I suppose you could leave them where they are without anything breaking, but that would defeat the idea of having everything related to a mod in one place.

I'll look into a standalone exe; given that Ren'Py is built on Python, it should be possible.

Kaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'll look into a standalone exe; given that Ren'Py is built on Python, it should be possible.
I think it would be best if Threshold could integrate the entire thing into the game and maintain it. Less trouble with cross-platform builds and in case he ever adds new lists to track stuff.

StrangeMan52

Reputation score
I think it would be best if Threshold could integrate the entire thing into the game and maintain it. Less trouble with cross-platform builds and in case he ever adds new lists to track stuff.
I've updated my post above to include an executable version.

StrangeMan52

Reputation score
Looks like there's a bug, I'm getting a crash when trying to open the event list for mountain. Here's the traceback
Can you upload your ListOfLists file, and the locations.json in ModLoader/lists? I have to go to bed now but will see if I can sort it in the morning.

Kaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Can you upload your ListOfLists file, and the locations.json in ModLoader/lists? I have to go to bed now but will see if I can sort it in the morning.
Here they are.
I tried the loader with a clean install and only added Fiore, so its pretty surprising stuff broke, since I assume that's how you tested it.

Attachments