What's new

Monster Girl Island OOC chat

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Monster Girl Island OOC chat

My character isn't much of a fighter, so he doesn't like to get into brawls... Unless he's raging. In that case, he simply tries to bash things.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Alex would most likely get his ass handed to him in any fight he was in xD

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If one player was willing to lose... Yes, it'd work out quite well. But, if we have two people who don't want to lose a fight, it might get a little ridiculous after a while. :p
If neither want to lose (or both do) just flip a coin and use your GM-narration powers to make one person's "attacks" effective and the other person's not. Or, you know, decide who *ought* to win and do the same thing.

(Players A (male) and B (female) are fighting, B wants to have sex with A, A doesn't want to. Coin-flip determines that B wins.)

Player A: "I punch her in the mouth"
GM in B's thread: "Player A tries to punch you in the mouth, but you manage to dodge the blow."
Player B: "I grab his arm and pull him to the ground."
GM in A's thread: "Player B dodges your punch and grabs your arm, twisting it as she pulls you to the ground."
Player B: "I try to wrench my arm free."
GM in B's thread: "Player B tries to pull his arm free, but you manage to hold on."
Player A: "I twist his arm a little to discourage him from trying again and with my other hand..."

Something like that. Or, you know, a little more subtle. With no stats, there's no reason for any "chance" element be more then a single coin flip. Or a dice roll with bonuses for RP or the fact that in your opinion player A's character *ought* to be able to overpower player B's character.

Wossface

Lurker
Reputation score

Guh. So, SO late to the party on this. (Failing to roll into the forum for a longass time didn't help.)

Is there any chance I could post up a character on (Thursday or Friday, whichever one is when I finally get out of the upcoming stay-on-the-boat)?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

No restrictions on when you can join. Just like NPC's players meet all the time, I can easily toss you in somewhere.

Although, the only thing now is that your character can't arrive on the island, you'd have to have been born there, since the, 'arrive by boat' routine is about spent.

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

hey now... He could always be a human engineer who tries using wax wings, but they melt just above the island and ...CRASH.

Wossface

Lurker
Reputation score

hey now... He could always be a human engineer who tries using wax wings, but they melt just above the island and ...CRASH.

Nah, I was gonna be playing a anyways. Girls in super-heavy armor can be huggable (and bonable) too, dammit.

Asmodean

Lurker
Reputation score

Flying engineer you say?

I believe it's already been done :p

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A Dullahan, eh? Well, this certainly already sounds interesting.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I's back to this now, no thanks to the intraweb provider :p

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I was thinking recently about one thing. Succubi - many players have encountered them already, and others will most likely encounter them in the future. I'm not saying that they should be removed, but aren't they a bit OP as enemies? One-on-one, most characters here don't stand a chance, especially humans. So far, the only person who successfully finished off a demon did so thanks to the help of two NPC's. They're a much bigger threat than any other monster, because they have much more power and one who gets caught will most likely end up as a slave or drained (or worse). In groups, we could probably take them on, but it seems unlikely that we'll have a chance to unite in the nearest future, and some of us aren't suited for combat. Besides, we're going to have a lot of trouble with other monster girls anyway... I've tried to come up with some reasonable propositions. I've got two: limiting the number of encounters with demonspawns, or perhaps giving us some chances to fight them on equal level. The way this is going now, we're bound to end as rapebait sooner or later.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I think that's sort of the point of the succubi.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

A good lot of the enemies are much more stronger than a human, I think, where none of us would stand a chance unarmed.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I think that's sort of the point of the succubi.
A good lot of the enemies are much more stronger than a human, I think, where none of us would stand a chance unarmed.
They speak the truth. And as far as defeating them, it's not like your casual game, where you're on your own as far as defeating them. If it comes down to it, and it's very necessary that you have to defeat them, just like with DeMatt's character, I'll find a way to give you a chance. Even if it has to be a magical amulet that absorbs magic. :p

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, I do admit that they have a point, but when nearly every creature you meet is superior to you, you can win only with wits, since they're human-minded too (or even dumber). The problem is, it's hard to outwit something that restrains and rapes you right when you meet it. Most of the time, you put players in situations where they can't avoid having sex without risking some serious damage (like getting viciously clawed), and when they get a chance to respond, they're sometimes pinned down with superior strenght or magic, making it virtually impossible to escape. Plus, the encounters with demonic forces kinda lack variety... I seriously wanted to see Clara's actions when she found the village - how would she react, knowing that the enemy is unaware of her presence and commits atrocities right in front of her... Alas, she was betrayed by a companion that would be very difficult to ditch, making this another typical monster-rapebait interaction.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I can't help that there is a lot of rape/sex going on, as that was the main aspect of the RP. However, I do see what you mean, and my excuse is that I just can't GM the same way with every player. Each player has their own way they play, the quality of the way they play, and so on. For someone like your character, Grave, I feel more inclined to involve such things that you mentioned, due to all the detail, and the way you play.

On the other hand, for a player like Lurker, just a casual player, I'm less inclined to involve a whole lot of depth, since I feel it wouldn't really apply to them as much as it would a player who really cares about depth, and immersion. Some players inspire me to make long posts, showing a lot of detail, and to move things a bit more slowly. Others seem like they're all about the rush, and so fast forwarding like I did almost feels necessary if I'm going to have the player write something that meets the style at which they role play.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I see... And I guess that I can understand what you're saying. Well, I won't bother you with this issue anymore. You probably are doing your best trying to manage this, and I'm happy to know that you've thought about this as well. Sorry if I've been a problem.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You've not been a problem at all, that was actually the most agreeable, unbiased and understandable criticism I've had. I just wish everyone else would point out such flaws in such a collected manner. :p

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Damn. I wasn't expecting to be praised... Thanks.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

You've not been a problem at all, that was actually the most agreeable, unbiased and understandable criticism I've had. I just wish everyone else would point out such flaws in such a collected manner. :p
I just get frustrated at times and the fact that some recent update for vista has been fucking with my wireless internet connection while I'm at my folk's house for Christmas has made me a bit argumentative.