What's new

Monster Girl Island OOC chat

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Monster Girl Island OOC chat

Yeah, I'm not huge on the monkey myself. And is it me, or does the Will o Whisp look like a anthromorphisized Chandelure from Pokemon?

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I guess there is a bit of resemblance, though I'd say it's more like it was inspired by the design, perhaps?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

My first thought was the Chandelier boss from KH2 in Beast's world.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't remember that boss, but then, I only did KH2 once. With the exception of the 1000 Heartless battle. That was fun.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I don't actually think the 1000 heartless battle was that fun. It looked neat at a glance, but using the same ability over and over again to dash through them and cut em up got more repetitive than Dynasty Warriors.

My favorite fight was against Xaldin in Beast's World. He was the first really fucking hard fight in the game, that asshole.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

You forget that I'm an avid DW fan, too. I had fun with it and that's what I care about, heheh. That, and watching Squall (because it's Squall, dammit, not LEON) and Cloud snark at each other.

Pretty sure I had to do Xaldin's a couple of times, but then, I was playing on Pround mode so I didn't have to fill in Jimminy's Journal.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I like DW too, but mostly only Warriors Orochi and the ability to let me swap between dudes (and thusly giving me me options for attack.)

Kunoichi may not be top tier in anyone's eyes, but I main her because I find her adorable.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

How to put this...I like Kunoichi as a fighter. I really wish her VA's had mute buttons. Even switching to the Japanese settings, her voice grated on me.

"Step on the floor, open the door!" Although, admittedly, that was from SW. She's only slightly improved since then.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Based on my googling of such things, Houri are companions to believers sent by God. Given that Angels of this sort already exist who 'reward' on rare occasion exceptional heroes, they simply now have a name.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

How do they fit the mythology of MGI, then? I seem to remember Jenna's husband mentioning some serious sexual repression being commonplace among heaven's followers from my brief read-through of that thread. Do heroes get a reprieve from that or what?

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Maybe reverse succubi, angels that "infuse" their power into heroes that have been deemed worthy of ascending to Heaven.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Termite's kinda right. Angels do infuse power into Heroes that they're almost positive are loyal to the cause. They do not do it sexually though. The Houri are basically desperate measures to keep Heroes that are incredibly useful from turning to Demons or Monsters. If you're a Hero of the Order and you're incredibly useful to the Angels, they will do anything to keep you around. Houri don't accomplish both things however. And there is a difference between loyal and useful. There are Heroes everywhere, at least a handful in each Order town, even more in cities. However, even fewer among those Heroes are actually incredibly useful through skill and cunning.

Gotta do what you can to prevent those traitor legions from popping up.

In addition, Houri are nowhere near the top rung of Angelic society. More like the opposite, since they're being used as whores (male and female alike.)

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Heaven's desperate measure, huh? Makes sense I suppose, heroes are people too.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Man, the recent changes to the server have made putting images in my album a bit more difficult than they have to be. First of all, the limits on the dimensions of the image are total bogus. 10MB and 2000x2000? That's actually a lie. I had to reduce my image to below 900x900 and below 1MB in order to get the album to accept it.

But I digress, the picture of the day.

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/picture.php?albumid=932&pictureid=15246

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Good ol Manticores. She's a reasonably popular subject turns out.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Meh. Really don't like that tail at all.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Not an unusual sentiment, but I do so thpt.