OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: More survivors?

The maid turns to River,

"I'm sorry, they are near a prison, which is the reason for my suspect. I found it strange that they would want to hold up there."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"That is kind of suspicious, but it would be a really defensible location I think. Are we ready to go then?"

Kayi

Reputation score

(Sorry for disappearing last night, my net flaked out and I had to bug my ISP this morning.)

Azure looked more than a little confused at the blurting out of such a non-answer.

"... What? I don't understand what you mean... 'no' what? I thought you were sending us out on this mission... are you telling us that we're not going on this mission now?"

Azure was disliking this 'maid' more and more by the second. She asked where the group was based around and got shunned, only for the same question to be answered a minute later. She was starting to think the woman still wanted the mission to happen, but just didn't want Azure as part of it.

"I really don't see why a prison's a bad idea at all. If we could negotiate with them, a prison would be hundreds of times better than this place. It has thick walls, fences, plenty of space, we can lock down different areas in case something breaks into part of the place... I find it more suspicious that you question them staying there."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The maid shook her head,

"Beleive what you will, just be prepared for any dangers you might face."

Then, she looks to each of the women, "Any more questions?" she asks.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Just one." River says, smiling. "When do we leave?"

Kayi

Reputation score

"I... but... you... You still haven't answered anything. And I have no idea what you were saying 'no' to."

Azure sighed to herself, starting to wonder if the Maid was mentally handicapped after half the conversation was ignored again.

She decided to try to talk on the maid's level in slow, simple words.

"Just ... forget about it. We know where to go, we'll manage. Did the director leave you anything else for us to know about?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The maid shook her head,

"The Director is not aware of this mission, I was the one who assigned it."

Kayi

Reputation score

"Great."

Azure stepped back and let the other two question the maid if they saw the need. As far as she was concerned, there was nothing else to do but go on the mission now.

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

Lin finished her coffee, and threw the can away.

"So can we move now?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

River looked at Lin for a moment before turning back to the maid.

"I guess there is one more thing. I don't believe I have ever heard your name, I'm River." She says, holding out her hand to clasp arms with the lady.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

An uncertain look graces the face of the maid, as she slowly places her hand, incorrectly, in the palm of River's hand,

"... I'm Freyda..." she said after a moment.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

River settles for a handshake instead.

"Nice to meet you." She says with a warm smile, before turning to the other two. "Alright then, let's get going." She says, heading through the door to the outside with them.

Kayi

Reputation score

(Azure is ready. Everyone going on the mission is wearing her monitors (as far as I know).)

Azure looks around the area, remembering the map as she walks out of the Inn and begins to lead the group towards their goal.
(Is the motel Azure stayed at anywhere along their path?)

"The prison's off that way. Best way to get there is to take a straight line out from the Inn... this way... so we have sniper cover as long as possible..."

As they walked, she kept quiet for a bit to see what the other girls were thinking.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The hotel Azure stayed at is near one of the exits to the highway, on the far end of town, being nowhere near the Prison.

As the girls left the hotel, they all thought about what formation they'd take, in case of a monster attack...

(Where you want to be walking compared to your friends help me determine how a fight begins.)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

River nods, looking up for a second to re-orient herself with the city map in her head. She walk off, keeping an eye on her surroundings and giving a half wave back towards the rooftop of the Inn, without turning around.

"Glad to see you made it out alright after that last time, I haven't seen or heard about you the past two days." She says, offering Azure a friendly smile.

((EDIT: ninja'd, and I was getting to that :p ))

Kayi

Reputation score

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that... I got caught up in the fight and by the time I broke away, I had lost you. Glad to see you made it out of there safe as well. How'd the mission go anyhow?"

As Azure makes idle chitchat she motions for different approaches of attack that she's experienced so far.

Azure let the others take the lead, both in guiding the mission and ordering what formation they would use.

(if not given any other orders, Azure takes up the rear so she can follow the other two.)

Last edited:

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

Lin stayed with River, right beside her.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"That was pretty much the end of it. Lin was... Feeling the breeze, so we thought it best to head back. Speaking of which, let me introduce you to the plan that got caitlyn and I five or six kills yesterday, without even a single close call. We stayed together, maybe arm's width apart, and walked down the middle of the street. Half the time nothing managed to get a hold, the other half of the time we focused on whoever had one on her, even if there was another one waiting to pounce. It worked amazingly well." She explains, taking the lead by a step and keeping an eye out.

Kayi

Reputation score

"That's... Actually a really simple plan. It should work great against these stupid monsters. Let's do that. Until we get closer to the prison. I don't want to make ourselves too known until we know if the girls there are friend or foe. If they're the same girls as the cult in the forest, they'll happily capture us and put us out for the monsters to breed with, then worship us giving birth... So when we get closer, we'll change positions."

(Azure accepts this formation.)