What's new

MTool: RPGMaker/WolfRPG/TyranoBuilder/SRPGStudio/Kirikiri2/SGB/Bakin/Ren'Py Real-time cheat + one-click machine translation tool

OP
zths

zths

Reputation score
Gotta say, I'm pretty damn impressed with this. I'm still an old fashioned "do it directly in the editor" translator but I could see this becoming part of the tool set

Edit : Atlas support would be wonderful, MV Tool is really good with the editor options too, once payday hits you've a new Patreon supporter.
One thing I've noticed, trying to open the trsNdata.json file generated by the MV tool in Notepad++ tends to lock Notepad++ up and increase CPU usage to 25%,
not a huge deal but being able to edit some of the stuff google provides would be really good too.
First of all, thank you for the support.

I'm in the process of overhauling the way the tool loads,
After that there will be no need to copy something like winmm.dll,
It is no longer necessary for the user to know what engine the game is based on.

It's more One-click to go...
Big changes, but I'm halfway there.
Too much stuff.
(
64 process -> wow64/64 dll inject
Locale emulator integrate(for Wolf RPG,and may not working well at first publish)
PE Analysis
Engine detection
)
The Behaving much more like a virus......

About the trsData.json, i can't load it using Notepad++ too...
Is too large...

For translation, the tool can export all strings to a json array (mv is not implemented yet) like this:
[
"oritext1",
"oritext2",
]
Then just make a json in a format similar to the following and you can load it directly (without any headers, as is the case with any engine)
{
"oritext1": "xxxx",
"oritext2": "yyyy",
}

Then this can be used as a manual translation tool....

OP
zths

zths

Reputation score
It seems to have dropped a bunch of letters mostly lowercase o's and c's any idea what's up?
I have updated the tool, should not have this issue now.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
how is the new one supposed to run with XP/VX/VXAce?

Edit: doesn't seem to work if the .exe has drm and the like.

Edit 2: which is weird since the previous version could. Might be related to having an injector/hook in the game folder (a8) vs not having one (a9)?

Last edited:
OP
zths

zths

Reputation score
how is the new one supposed to run with XP/VX/VXAce?

Edit: doesn't seem to work if the .exe has drm and the like.

Edit 2: which is weird since the previous version could. Might be related to having an injector/hook in the game folder (a8) vs not having one (a9)?
if your game has non english chars in path, go my patreon download a new version.

if drm need start a new process to start the game, this one may not work.

OP
zths

zths

Reputation score
doesn't seem to work with Steam stuff, oddly enough, the version requiring winmm.dll was working with it.
Steam will restart game by it self, if is not started from steam.
Edit:
i will find out how to deal with it.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
Steam will restart game by it self, if is not started from steam.
Edit:
i will find out how to deal with it.
It might be something silly, since for a few seconds, it seems to be working, then the tool window just reset itself.

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score
This tool is brilliant. Really useful "spaghetti code" games like RJ266435. Just a quick question regarding the exported RGSSStrs.json for the manual translation. How should I handle the exported strings? Is it enough to just open RGSSStrs.json and doing something like this inside the .json:

"$data_system": [
"物理": "PHYS",
"アサルト": "Assault",
"フォーム": "Test 1",
"ブレイク": "Test 2",
"必殺技": "Test 3",

Is it also possible for you to integrate an export function that can export all strings with their translation strings? Like the ReiPatcherAndAutoTranslator utility for Unity does for it translations.

OP
zths

zths

Reputation score
This tool is brilliant. Really useful "spaghetti code" games like RJ266435. Just a quick question regarding the exported RGSSStrs.json for the manual translation. How should I handle the exported strings? Is it enough to just open RGSSStrs.json and doing something like this inside the .json:

Is it also possible for you to integrate an export function that can export all strings with their translation strings? Like the ReiPatcherAndAutoTranslator utility for Unity does for it translations.
The RGSSStrs.json was debugging used, if u want all strings use another button…
I was not supposed to export any translated text, for abuse reason, you'll need to use other tools to do the translation.

OP
zths

zths

Reputation score

New version is now support manual translation with CAT tool.

asukashinn

Lurker
Reputation score
I've been trying to update it but it just hangs at the crc check and won't go any further. Any idea what happened there? So far, most the stuff I've tested is rather nice. But if the update allows manual translation I'd love to see how well it does, but alas it won't update for some reason.

Senick

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I can't get this to work at all, with wolf games I get an error: " Error: EPERM: operation not permitted copyfile..." with anything else it appears to work and says opening game, but never opens :\

OP
zths

zths

Reputation score
I can't get this to work at all, with wolf games I get an error: " Error: EPERM: operation not permitted copyfile..." with anything else it appears to work and says opening game, but never opens :\
close your game first.
it's need replace some game file.

if not work, run the tool as administrator.
I've been trying to update it but it just hangs at the crc check and won't go any further. Any idea what happened there? So far, most the stuff I've tested is rather nice. But if the update allows manual translation I'd love to see how well it does, but alas it won't update for some reason.
i don't know what happend, i need Remote debugg it....

the crcCheck will startup a command: "7z.exe h -scrcCRC32 update.7z" and get the crc32 to match the online crc data..

but u can manual unpack the update.7z to tool dir.

EDIT:
Problem solved, please re-download the latest version of the complete package.

Last edited:

Wiroz

Reputation score
Well done you, gracias.

Edit - Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it says - The RPG Maker MV/MZ tool is integrated into the game, so when the game opens, press "`" (the button under ESC) in the game window to open the tool interface.

I do that for games with that engine but nothing happens.

Last edited:

molendy

Reputation score
Do you have any plans to make auto-translate for visual novel games someday?

OP
zths

zths

Reputation score
Well done you, gracias.

Edit - Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it says - The RPG Maker MV/MZ tool is integrated into the game, so when the game opens, press "`" (the button under ESC) in the game window to open the tool interface.

I do that for games with that engine but nothing happens.
The steam game is not support now.

Do you have any plans to make auto-translate for visual novel games someday?
Yes.

bananadoge12

Reputation score
Is there a way for it to translate games protected with playDRM which I bought?