What's new

ACT Abandoned [musfan] Melody Blood

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
I find it unlikely, apparently the game was full of spaghetti code too and he's been doing a lot of side-projects. Don't quote me on that though

sickle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
He will probably be still working on Melody Blood. There is no way he'll abandon what he already worked long and hard for. He is just waiting for the right time to get back to pixel art.
I'm with alias34 here, he definitely has abandoned it.
Which is an absolute pity, but legitimate — as long as you're honest, and don't feign hand injuries. I'm guessing he doesn't want to anger his backers, and thus chose not to properly give it up.

I find it unlikely, apparently the game was full of spaghetti code too and he's been doing a lot of side-projects. Don't quote me on that though
Oh, I will quote you.
Melody Blood is a great example of enormous effort producing little result. It has great animation variety, but you won't notice it because of the lackluster gallery — but, especially, its develoment is full of work that has been put aside and trashed. Replaced animations instead of new monsters/animations (usually the new ones were better, but…), and, especially, a ton of unused animations that he couldn't include in the game because they concerned characters that were not in it…

Not to mention that he couldn't figure out how to actually program a gallery. After I told him what he was supposed to do.

If it didn't contain spaghetti code, I'd be very surprised.

gelodsanti

Reputation score
Oh shoot.

So I went to my Pixiv page and found that Musfan is uploaded some tits sucking animation for his new game.

Went to its Patreon and found the surprising revalation. He hasn't given up on Melody Blood. But rather remakes the game into Unity3D. This could either be better for followers, but also bad for long time waiters.

comakill23

Reputation score
Subjectively speaking I thought Melody blood was the best because it was more broadly likeable because it had really detailed and clean animations and the first shoot-em-up character was pretty appealing which says a lot because I don't like loli-like characters(edit: Well, I don't hate them either). On a less subjective note I hope he get's one project done at a time and goes for less spaghetti code and other stuff that smucks up the H content and progress.

Draconix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I quite like melody blood myself despite the slow development, mainly because of the amount of detail they went into not only the character animations but the H animations too. The character designs were very nice too so i was pretty sad when he said he was discontinuing the game, him planning to remake the game into unity3D made me a lot more excited again, hopefully he reuses the character designs

gelodsanti

Reputation score
Progress is moving quite fast. First the tits sucking, and now milking slime. I wonder when can we get the actual Melody Blood characters to be playable in its next update?

gelodsanti

Reputation score
He is starting to work on Natane's 3D model. He is trying to make up from the time he lost during his injury.

CeLioCiBR

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Wow.. good news then xD
Hope for a demo anytime soon.
Well.. too bad the 2D version is over. :/

redx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
''How dare he drop melody blood'' *sees that slime gif* well he has my full support.

gelodsanti

Reputation score
''How dare he drop melody blood'' *sees that slime gif* well he has my full support.
Don't worry. He didn't drop Melody Blood. He just simply start over and worked his way to 3D.

I just hope the characters will be cel shaded. Because that will make the game more close to its 2D counterpart.

CeLioCiBR

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Don't worry. He didn't drop Melody Blood. He just simply start over and worked his way to 3D.

I just hope the characters will be cel shaded. Because that will make the game more close to its 2D counterpart.
.. but.. he dropped.. the 2D version.. xD

Mick2000

Reputation score
good thing he did not completely abandon the project, now i hope my potato can run the new upcoming 3D game one...

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Cool, that's good that he's working on 3D version because the 2D version was taking him too much time to do. I just hope that there would be hentai this time around, although I doubt it.

sickle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Cool, that's good that he's working on 3D version because the 2D version was taking him too much time to do. I just hope that there would be hentai this time around, although I doubt it.
There was hentai in Melody Blood, and quite a bit of it. Most of it was on Arianrod, whose lower parts got targeted a lot more than other characters', and who had multiple rape animations, including one visibile in the free version.
The problem is, again, that he barely made any progress and took a long time to add animations, kept refining them... otherwise, we'd have had a lot more material.

As for me, I love lifedraining, plenty of penetration in other games. But, fine as tits are, I'd love some more variety, which is more what the game is lacking — drain from the mouth (which could also be a blowjob-like animation for people with different tastes), perhaps add some Ryona for people who're into it (the progressive animations are actually quite nice, showing the character struggling and eventually being overwhelmed).

Let's hope. A 3d Melody Blood, done right, could be a marvel.
Pity he didn't finish the 2d, at least cram in the finished bits, filled up the gallery, done.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
There was hentai in Melody Blood, and quite a bit of it. Most of it was on Arianrod, whose lower parts got targeted a lot more than other characters', and who had multiple rape animations, including one visibile in the free version.
The problem is, again, that he barely made any progress and took a long time to add animations, kept refining them... otherwise, we'd have had a lot more material.

As for me, I love lifedraining, plenty of penetration in other games. But, fine as tits are, I'd love some more variety, which is more what the game is lacking — drain from the mouth (which could also be a blowjob-like animation for people with different tastes), perhaps add some Ryona for people who're into it (the progressive animations are actually quite nice, showing the character struggling and eventually being overwhelmed).

Let's hope. A 3d Melody Blood, done right, could be a marvel.
Pity he didn't finish the 2d, at least cram in the finished bits, filled up the gallery, done.
That's news to me. Because only hentai that I saw was the android guy like captainstarfish mentioned. Unless other hentai was hidden behind paywall?

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
the blade and pumpkin enemies had some lewd tentacle action. There was also nipple/breast sucking/biting.

Draconix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Really? I only remember the android boss guy
The hentai ones i remember were like you said the android boss guy in stage 3, but also in stage 6 the enemy that threw like a lance. Though the stage 6 enemy only grabbed you when they were at low health. There was also the slime and the shuma-cuttle in stage 3 which were pretty close to hentai too. Of course these only apply to Arianrod

sickle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Really? I only remember the android boss guy
That's news to me. Because only hentai that I saw was the android guy like captainstarfish mentioned. Unless other hentai was hidden behind paywall?
As correctly guessed, other penetration scenes are behind a paywall.

As mentioned by Draconix, demons in level 6 rape Arianrod. The animation progresses, with her resistance lowering as her health declines, and the final stage of the animation when it's exhausted.
There's also a sex scene for Nina (cowgirl, with the fellow from the prologue) but it's only accessible in the gallery.

I don't remember other sex scenes (I'd try the musclude from stage 2 with Arianrod, iirc the animation was different), but depending on what you mean by "hentai", there's plenty more featuring Arianrod, since a lot of monsters target her lower section. More groping/sucking/tentacles, but it's the only animations that exit the game's usual fare.

gelodsanti

Reputation score
The hentai ones i remember were like you said the android boss guy in stage 3, but also in stage 6 the enemy that threw like a lance. Though the stage 6 enemy only grabbed you when they were at low health. There was also the slime and the shuma-cuttle in stage 3 which were pretty close to hentai too. Of course these only apply to Arianrod
All of the hentai(rape) parts can only be seen in Arianrod's play through. The Blaude from stage 1 can grab her and use its tail to rub on her crotch, an additional animation is where the Gaude will grab her while she is grabbed by the Blaude. The 3rd stage boss Nigel, will rape Arianrod if he sucks all her mana out. Most enemies in stage 4 can rape Arianrod which are the Shuma slime, the Shuma scuttle, and the slime. The jellyfish enemy on the other hand doesn't rape her for it only does tit sucking animation, as well as the rest of the enemies of stage 5 excluding the Pumpkin Soldier. And finally, the Zomblaude from stage 6 rapes Arianrod when they lost some health.

In the recent snapshot, the Nina will only get raped by Navis(Prologue Boss) in the Gallery, by pressing R and T(faster rape).