What's new

ACT Abandoned [musfan] Melody Blood

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So can anyone explain to me exactly what the new 3d game is about (Speaking of which, this probably warrnts a new thread)?
Is co-op confirmed? Does it have anything to do with VRChat (Since I keep seeing it thrown around in amongst the moonspeak on the dev's twitter)? Or is it all just speculation right now?

I'm not too hot on the concept of co-op H-games anyhow - think of all the problems we repeatedly bring up about combat-rape, game-over rape etc - throw in another player who might have a different approach (eg. lose to each enemy instead of beat the game first) and it becomes madness. That, and it's just weird interacting with most likely some other sweaty bastard half-way across the planet, even if it's Journey-style no comms except character emotes.

I can get behind the 3D art and style, but I honestly preferred the 2d art a little more, and seeing just how much content the dev's thrown out from that is kinda saddening.
Im not sure either. He never explained the first game either. Its basically an hack and slash with combat rape and breast sucking. I don't know yet if i can have an follower with me in the game or not. I don't mind the 3d style but considering that how much time he needed to put into the game just to create the game in 2d style was madness. He made far more progress and is actually much more faster by going in it through 3d style. Completing a game and then starting on new game allows the dev to improve on his mistakes faster and gain experience. I see that as a huge plus. It is possible that we can have the dev keep on creating the game in 2d style, but he would need to have a team of people working together with him so that it can be completed in an reasonable timeframe. That takes money and people is probably not willing to pay up plenty of money for an doujin game that costs forty bucks or so.

Although that's just my observations from following this thread, people that knows more about moonrunes will be able to explain it better than i do.

OP
cybeast

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
CMIIW, the 2D game was abandoned because he has developed some kind of...muscle thingy pain or something like that, the 3D is easier for his hand, so he decided to (sadly) abandon the 2D game (aka the one I made this thread for).

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
CMIIW, the 2D game was abandoned because he has developed some kind of...muscle thingy pain or something like that, the 3D is easier for his hand, so he decided to (sadly) abandon the 2D game (aka the one I made this thread for).
Don't really begrudge the guy anymore since his new project looks good, but he likely abandoned the previous game because of spaghetti code, I still can't imagine how 3d animation and modeling is somehow easier on his hand than 2d, and I don't know why he had to lie about it either.

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Don't really begrudge the guy anymore since his new project looks good, but he likely abandoned the previous game because of spaghetti code, I still can't imagine how 3d animation and modeling is somehow easier on his hand than 2d, and I don't know why he had to lie about it either.
I guess because with 3D it is easier to make adjustments to the scale/position of things where with 2D if you want to change the look of something you will probably have to redraw parts of it.

But I agree with you that it is more likely that the 2D game got too messy or he simply got bored of 2D and wanted to make 3D and needed an excuse to star over. His main fetish is breast milking and 3D allows for those nice 3D breast animations. ;)

OP
cybeast

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
Oh, I didn't begrudge him at all (medical condition sucks), it's just unfortunate since I like this game :(

(tho the 3D also looks good, definitely can't wait to try it if he ever releases the demo).

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
he got that medical carpal tunnel flare thing people with jobs who sit and use a computer for insane amounts of time get?

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Maybe, I dont have it yet (knock on wood) but i did both 3d and 2d animation and I dont really see how one would hurt less :/

gelodsanti

Reputation score
I don't know if people are still around in this thread, but for those who are curious it doesn't seem that he has anything good to share at the moment in either his Patreon or Fantia page. Those who wants to keep up to what he does besides on his said pages, go to his pixiv page. He has a lot of stuff going on there about the game and stuff.

In the link provided above is his current update. In this, you will find a series of images of the game's progress. Here you'll find a zombie tit sucking on Natane's nipples. What's more surprising on my end is that in this set of images is also a zombie tit sucking on my best girl Arianrod. Which surprised me to see that not only had he finished Natane's model, but also Arianrod's. It actually brought as smile to my face to see Arianrod done as well. And just as cute as I remember my robo girl to be. Finally, the update about the game's new stage is set in like a dark(pretty unlit) post office/police station. It is very reminiscing of the Racoon City Police Department from Resident Evil 2, and the inner building of the 2nd stage of Devil May Cry 5(only darker).

OP
cybeast

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
I do, and I visit his Pixiv regularly. Really love Melody Blood, kinda sad that it ended because of Creator's injury :(

gelodsanti

Reputation score
I do, and I visit his Pixiv regularly. Really love Melody Blood, kinda sad that it ended because of Creator's injury :(
It didn't really ended. It just shifted to 3D.
I mean, yes. The 2D DMC style of of gameplay is unique and is a lot of fun. But it's quite a task to make. Even converting 3D models to pixel art sprites is to much of a task already.
It's time for us to move on. And as much as I want to be the next guy to simply ask for the last playable build of the 2D Melody Blood, I have to accept that it won't come back anymore.

dummy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Is it okay if I revive this thread? Since he just updated the first playtest version of his new 3D Melody Blood on his Fantia.

No need to pay this time. It's free.

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Is it okay if I revive this thread? Since he just updated the first playtest version of his new 3D Melody Blood on his Fantia.

No need to pay this time. It's free.

Yes! that is the best kind of necro!

I found it a little confusing to find the download so for anyone else who is struggling: you need to be logged into fantia and then scroll down a bit to find the dropbox link.

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
There are cheats for the demo.

the number keys seems to do various things
the 1 key seems to heal you. 2 key drops your health to zero. 3 and 4 IIRC mess with your clothing

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Current verdict with how things play so far.

Pros:
-Combat feels pretty good. There's dashing, dodging and DMC-esque air combos to spice things up.
-Shooting feels like its best mechanic so far, and there's a basic "hit certain bodyparts do more damage" framework set up.
-Way less separate buttons to control your character than the 2D game's controls.
-Enemy targeting system to circumvent how awful your character's melee attacks are.
-Enemies make it pretty clear when they're about to attack or grab you and give you ample time to move.
-Enemies also rotate after you during their attack animation dark souls-style to prevent you from cheesing by just running around them.
-The 2D game's crystal powerups are back and they stand out nicely against the background and other enemies.
-Scenes are pretty hot, and you have full 360 control of the angle as well as zooming in + out.

Cons:
-Not a fan of having to manually reload the gun after running dry.
-Keyboard controls aren't the best. Pressing ctrl to dash in the middle of melee attacking with E isn't an easy finger maneuver. And that's not even including using the movement keys as well...
-Extremely low ammo count for the pistol considering it's the least awkward weapon to use.
-Pistol does very low non-headshot damage, and headshots don't do that much damage either.
-Mashing the space bar to escape grabs just isn't as good as mashing the left + right keys.
-Ammo powerups kind of blend into the scenery with how small they are.
-Melee combat can feel really awkward. It constantly feels difficult to hit enemies without using targeting because of unrefined hitboxes, and you have to dash out of every combo to avoid becoming a sitting duck. Seriously hope the dev tunes this the most out of everything I've seen.

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Is there only one enemy type in the demo? my game restarted after reaching the caped guy, didn't get to fight him.

Draconix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I didn't even get to see a caped enemy, mine resets whenever i approach the other girl for some reason, dunno if it's bugged or if that's the end of the demo, it's the part after you're stuck in a circle fighting the mobs that spawn

Last edited:

dummy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
He already mentioned the demo reset when you reach the bridge (where you see, I guess, Natane surrounded by 3 enemies?). I assume this is just the alpha play test so one type of enemy is all we get for now. What I've seen on his Twitter until now, he definitely had more asset saved up like extra characters and enemy types. Maybe he doesn't want to rush so much with the demo?

So the last batch of enemies you fight should be the circle area with a bunch of respawning zombies.

What IAmAKi said is similar to how I feel about the game atm too. One thing is whenever I launch enemies into the air the camera angle becomes quite wonky for me.

Last edited:

Arde645

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I think that the main issue right now is that the sword's hitbox doesn't follow it, only appearing in front of the character during swings. I worked around this by judiciously abusing the stinger.

Other than that, the game plays fine so far with the exception of the camera pulling in just a bit too close while aiming.

Draconix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Must've missed that thanks that being said, alongside what IAmAKi already said, i do hope that future animations have actual penetration as well since i think in melody blood only arianrod had actual penetration the other two had ryona sucking only

Last edited: