What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Naughty-Netherpunch] Renryuu: Ascension

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Renryuu: Ascension [English] [WIP]

Oh shit i remember him being all secretive about it now. DERP. was wondering at the time why he was like that for stones haha

Cant find the Prison to talk about the Clemency Quest =(

How many CGs are in atm? I think ive only managed to find the one from starting the game.

Where did Elena disappear to?

Last edited:
OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

With side characters there is a total of 14 CGs currently in use. 9 more CGs are already drawn and wait to be put into the game. :) About 20 more CGs are definitly planned and wait for my artist, some more are optional and will be made if I get enough support.

If you mean Elina from the throne room, she'll go to the "noble living quarters" once the requirements are met. It's the map you can find by taking the stairs in the bottom right corner of the throne room.

The prison for the clemency quest is on the right side of the capital, above the wooden storage building. The entrance is blocked by a guard but you can enter once you have the quest. You can see the prison in the screenshot below:

jonathan1462

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Look very good! the art is none other then RPG makers i seen I hope you will be finishing this game soon!

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Look very good! the art is none other then RPG makers i seen I hope you will be finishing this game soon!
Thanks for the praise! <3 The game is still missing a lot of content, so it won't be done soon. But I'll keep adding to it regularly until it's finished. :) And I think even in it's current state, there is already a lot to see and do.

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

New update! Mostly for bug fixes but also contains 3 new CG scenes.

- Coronation quest can't be repeated endlessly anymore.
- Wall in the capitals barrack can't be walked on anymore.
- Fixed a chest which gave unlimited Iron Shields.
- Changed some item descriptions for clarity.
- Added CG scenes for Chiyo, Mirel and Vampire. All can be started at the sleeping chambers if you meet the requirements.
- I made a walkthrough for the game, but I still need feedback to know what could be improved, changed or added :)

Last edited:

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh yes an update! :)

Some question if you don't mind, RyenSaotome.
Where can i find the second rope after the first one (Which i found inside the dungeon of Ellys's extra quest) is used for the scout rescue bridge?
The blacksmith in our capital, mentions that you can use his workshop to craft/alchemize item, is this feature actually hasn't implemented yet?
Where exactly is Mirel's home? I didn't remember even going there at all.

I think i found a bug in the previous version, don't know if it fixed already.
After the event in the underground passage of Begus where you're chased by boulders and will get instant gameover if you fail, you can't use Teleport Items anymore, Ryen keep saying, "we can't use this item right now".

Last edited:

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Not played it yet, will download the updated version and give it a go. Looks promising from what I've seen. :)

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Oh yes an update! :)

Some question if you don't mind, RyenSaotome.
Where can i find the second rope after the first one (Which i found inside the dungeon of Ellys's extra quest) is used for the scout rescue bridge?
The blacksmith in our capital, mentions that you can use his workshop to craft/alchemize item, is this feature actually hasn't implemented yet?
Where exactly is Mirel's home? I didn't remember even going there at all.

I think i found a bug in the previous version, don't know if it fixed already.
After the event in the underground passage of Begus where you're chased by boulders and will get instant gameover if you fail, you can't use Teleport Items anymore, Ryen keep saying, "we can't use this item right now".
I definitly don't mind questions! :)

You can find another rope at the place you find Ryoko, in the snowruin Elly is letting you in, or you can buy ropes in the elfvillage. You can get to the elfvillage by talking to the elf at the capitals blacksmith. He'll tell you to meet him again in the left bottom corner of the capital map, from which he'll guide you to the village. After he showed you the way, you can see the village on the worldmap.
Crafting is not available yet. The message shouldn't be visible until it is, so ignore it! :D
The teleporter was turned off during the boulder event, so that you can't just port yourself away. :D But I forgot to turn it back on afterwards. Will be fixed!

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Would it be better to restart over on a fresh game or continue on from a previous save?

Also, thanks alot for the walkthrough, i spent forever trying to find the red head and never found her :p

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

My updates usually work with previous savegames, so a restart should not be necessary. :)

A lot of people seem to miss Ryoko. The dungeon entrance for her was placed out of view from the road on purpose. I tried to encourage people to explore the maps by hiding things all over the place, but I guess this entrance is in a spot people tend to overlook.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I explored all over, but i kept forgetting which dungeons i had explored and which ones i hadnt lol

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay, how do i trigger Vampire's event?
I already build her relationship to 70 but nothing happen when i talk to her...

Sorry if i missed something obvious here...

Edit: Apparently, i need to finish the
"Into the Fire" quest first before it could trigger...
And apparently, i actually need to step on that ONE TILE in front of a sign, to trigger conversation about volcano, before i can start that quest...
Don't you think that's kinda too devious, RyenSaotome? I mean, there's wasn't even any hint about it! :p

One more thing, after finally deciding to use the walkthrough, i noticed i haven't triggered the
"Evil Spirit" sidequest yet, and talking to Mira doesn't trigger it. How do i trigger this?
Edit: I think this is a bug, cuz i just noticed i also haven't triggered the "Exploration" quest, even though i already got Vampire...
Well, seeing how the party comment about angel's wing on the door, i immediately go there after acquiring Mira without bothering talking to her first in the chambers...
I believe this is the source of the bug. :)

Last edited:
OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The condition for the previous quest for vampires scene was missing in the walkthrough. Sorry if that caused some confusion. :)
I think going around and exploring to get to see all parts of the game is fine. :p But I'll add an alternative condition for the volcano, to make it a bit easier.

The quest to the angel gate is skipped, if the player walked there without taking the quest. The second quest for Mira was bugged and required her to be below level 10 instead of level 10+. Which means you don't get the quest if Miras level was already to high when talking to her. :/ It's fixed for the next version.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The condition for the previous quest for vampires scene was missing in the walkthrough. Sorry if that caused some confusion. :)
I think going around and exploring to get to see all parts of the game is fine. :p But I'll add an alternative condition for the volcano, to make it a bit easier.

The quest to the angel gate is skipped, if the player walked there without taking the quest. The second quest for Mira was bugged and required her to be below level 10 instead of level 10+. Which means you don't get the quest if Miras level was already to high when talking to her. :/ It's fixed for the next version.
Haha, knew it! :D
Hang in there buddy, you did a great job already.

Well then, i guess i now better wait patiently for the next update!

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Usually new updates take about 1-2 weeks to have enough content to justify uploading it again. But currently I know about a few bugs which I want to get rid off, so I might upload it a bit faster again. :D

Exeryon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

BUG REPORT
all the things put here came from the folder "Renryuu Ascension Testversion 17.05.16" that is the one that appear when I took the game

- some errors in the earth spirit dialogue like forest with 2 r
- some skills miss a descriptions
- about the quest "evil spirit", if you beat the spirit using the debug attack the events restart from the run after the choice of fight it
- about the quest "evil spirit", for enter the mine there are 3 access in the left one there are 2 guards, if you talk with the left one its say first his phrase than give and error "Failed to load: img/faces/Ryen%201.png"

till now I haven't found other bug and if I found then... I'll return for be a pain ^^

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Feel free to post even the smallest bug you find. I won't leave a single one of those unfixed! :D

Exeryon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm back... in the walkthrough it's say that the first event with the vampire start talking with her and then talk with the headmaid but the right now:
- I did her quest where we travel and found that thing... don't remember the name
- relation at 60 (the walkthrough say 40 or more)
- talk to her and say about plan the next travel
- talk with the headmaid that say - - no further option yet - -

I did something wrong or is this a bug?

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The current walkthrough is missing another requirement. It's necessary to do her other characterquests first before the new one is available. You're most likely missing the scecond one where you have to go to a volcano. In order to get the quest in the sleeping chamber you have to "discover" the way to the volcano at the big camp in Amagal first. You can see the tile you need to walk to in the following screenshot:

Since it can be easily missed, I'll probable make an alternativ condition for this quest, but currently this is the only way to get the quest.

Exeryon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

As game designer and player I have to ask how someone can know which locks can be opened without problem and which ones need to boost sandra via skilltree... for example I saw a room full of chests and gold bar during the quest "old documents" but nothing happen if I interact with the door so I'd like to know if the room is a troll or need a "boosted sandra" for open the door

as last thing... during elly's bar event... is "stories" not "storys"... I say it as friend since I too need a grammatical check when I write in english