What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Naughty-Netherpunch] Renryuu: Ascension

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Renryuu: Ascension [English] [WIP]

As game designer and player I have to ask how someone can know which locks can be opened without problem and which ones need to boost sandra via skilltree... for example I saw a room full of chests and gold bar during the quest "old documents" but nothing happen if I interact with the door so I'd like to know if the room is a troll or need a "boosted sandra" for open the door

as last thing... during elly's bar event... is "stories" not "storys"... I say it as friend since I too need a grammatical check when I write in english
The dialog on a difficult lock should normally tell you when Sandra needs to be better before she can open it. The door to the room full of chests can't be opened, but was missing a message to make clear it can't be opened at all. I'll add it to make it less of a troll. ;)

I'll fix the error and add another beating to my spellchecker once he's back. :x

Exeryon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Last thing for today... my bed is calling me...
I just saw the slime event and personally I don't like the thing that I have to collect again the essence for summon another one... for me you must change a little the map adding a section where you keep the monstergirl you summon

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The monster summoning system was planned bigger at the start, but because the costs for CGs became too much it was reduced and left as an optional place for more CGs if the support on Patreon is big enough. But I already received similar feedback from other about the slimegirl, so I probable change it a bit. :)

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

New game version contains 2 new CG scenes for Tsubaki and Mira. Now all main characters have their first scenes complete.

Other changes include:
- New questline starting at the south fort will allow you to go inside the building of the farm south in central, where you can meet the lovely dark sorceress.
- The new questline also allows you to buy and repair the broken farm.
- The laboratory now tells you more information about the "strange gold". It still can't be used for anything, but at least you'll know what it is now.

- Summoning the blue slimegirl won't require any more essence after the first time.
- A new floor of the dungeon south in central is open with stronger enemys.
- Vampire scene condition has been fixed in the walkthrough
- New alternative condition for Vampires volcano quest. If you haven't found the trigger, the quest will still appear once Vampire is level 12+.
- Fixed game breaking walking events at the snowfort and the haunted mines with the Icespirit.
- Quest requirements are now included in the walkthrough.
- Ryokos urge system added to the walkthrough.
- Tsubaki has a new skill "Battle Cry", which will set all party members to auto-battle for the rest of the battle.
- The skill "Debug Attack" doesn't do damage against enemys with events during battles anymore, to avoid breaking events in battle that were not suppoest to be won.
- New present items "Love Potions" were added to the game. They can't be brought and will later be found in more places, but currently only 2 can be obtained. Love Potions have no relationship limit until which they can be used but require a certain amount of relationship or they will cause a negative effect instead.

Download:

Exeryon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Since the new version is out.... bwuauauauauah, I'LL DESTROY IT WITHOUT MERCY

Exeryon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

first thing found
after did the first event with Mira the chamber lost the door because it "fall" of one square and the actor cross it like is not solid
funny thing is that after leave the sleeping chamber the door go back to its place and work normally again

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Sounds like I misclicked on "move down" instead of "turn down" once again. >.< Happens more often than I like to admit. :D

Exeryon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm trying to follow the walkthrough and the quest n° 6 "exploration" that don't appear in the quest log seems wrong.
In other game if you complete a quest without active it before it always appear in the quest log as completed
IN SHORT
if you finish a quest before active it (like open the gate before Mira talk about it) and the quest not appear in the quest log as completed to me seems wrong

EDIT 1: if you transport using the stone from the snow fort to the chamber... it's snowing inside the chamber yeeeeeeeee, c'mon Mira lets do a snowman... for stop the snow I went back in the snofort and than went out

Last edited:

Exeryon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The battle in the mine (the one of the quest 27 "Millaines Box"), I found it too much long, I mean... okay, you can't win so make it a little more short like 2 or 3 turns less because make a fight that you can't win like that is meaningless but this is my opinion

The quest "Angel Feather"... a quest that you can't complete in any case? another pain at least explain at the end that the player weren't able to complete it in any way

Last edited:
OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Wouldn't it be strange to suddenly finish a quest you never received? I just looked at it from the view of the protagonist, where you would need to be given the quest by someone to get a reward for it.

The snowing problem is quickly fixed. :)

I agree, the fight against Lace was rather long. I'll take another look at what length would be better and change it a bit.

Thanks for your feedback!

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ah, i'm happy i don't need to restart over just so i can trigger the event with Ice Spirit! :)

I found a bug, you can trigger the event with the dark sorceress infinitely. After you clean Mira of the curse, if you talk to the sorceress again, they repeat the same conversation resulting the event to be re-triggered, and thus gives you an unlimited love potion source. I chose to stop the sorceress by the way.

Last edited:
OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Made a new upload with some small bugs fixed:
- Quest with the dark sorceress can't be repeated endlessly anymore.
- The door won't move away during Miras CG scene now.
- Dialog about strange gold at the laboratory is certain to appear now
- It'll stop snowing now when teleporting to the capital from the snowfort.

New download:

Impure

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The art looks nice, I will give this a try when I have some free time.

fakinhap3

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

*Downloading*

Looks very promising. If I may ask, did you get inspiration from TLS? Because of politics.

Will edit in the future to give further opinion.

- The MC is nothing. He's a mix of edgy and hero - given he's half dragonian, that's kinda acceptable, ok, but... - that has no depth. I seriously don't know what to think about his progress, he's one time a... trainee? And then a King. And everyone is perfectly ok with everything that's happening. It's literally "HEY GUYS, FOUND THE NEW KING, THIS EDGY HALF DRAGONIAN KNIGHT". I know that it's too late to redo, but try to make the situations a bit more realistic. However, I'm very found of the general plot involving politics.

- The level/XP issue that Sierra already brought up.

- I didn't gamble, but the values seems to require balance.

Now the good points:

- I like the systems (skill tree, building, investing).

- Many unique party members!! This is a huge point.

- Lots of choices during conversations.

So-so points:

- CGs are lackluster, but they aren't bad.

Final words: You're doing a good job, however, it's not "mature" yet. Hope you can finish it a great game. :D

ps: And yes, you should play TLS. Everyone should.

Last edited:
OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

You mean "The Last Sovereign"? I actually haven't played that game yet, but I was told just recently to check it out, as it has some parts similar to mine. :D

The political meetings were supposed to give choices, which you would only knew the answer when you traveld around and informed yourself about those countrys. But since the other countrys weren't done by the time I made the first meetings, those are rather restricted in their choices and you only effect if you get more or less relationship with the other country. Hopefully I'll be able to improve the future meetings. Maybe I'll play TLS for the inspiration now. :D

qinlongfei

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Played for about 1 hour so far, and I have to say I find it very impressive with what you already have.

First, didn't expect to actually jump into a CG scene from the start since I'm so used to RPGmaker game start out with a huge wall of exposition text. While I personally like it, I kind of feel bad for other players who might not expecting this and have someone walk into his room at such inappropriate time. : )

I like how you hide some secret in most maps since it reward the player for doing a bit exploration. And I genuinely have fun with the different quest doing the quest so far. Some part does feel like something which might have more lead to nowhere (the elf girl event from the border castle) but it could be I simply haven't discovered the next step yet (since I almost sold Slime Girl Essence at the start to make some money).

Speaking of money... for a game that need to have money managed to both equip party and build kingdom improvement the Arena battle feels like it trivialize the thing a bit, and shouldn't make it so easy to obtain the fund. Granted, I'm cheating with Ryen's one hit kill skill but the team battle still feels like it trivialize money a bit too much since you only get 500-800 monthly tax yet you can do an arena battle to earn 2500? My suggestion is either nerf the arena battle reward and increase tax/trade reward, or use a different 'currency' to do the Kingdom improvement independent of the gold which player can only get through tax or trade (Kind of like Harem Collector's satisfaction point, or the skill point you have, or use an item for example gold bar or something).

Some of the dialogue feels like it didn't taken Ryen's fake identification into consideration: For example after Ryen's coronation he can still go back to the academy where everyone refer to him as Ryen with Tray still present, and Grey's challenge event still have him call Ryen by his real name yet Tray never even made any inquire on why (especially jarring since at one point Tsubaki almost called Ryan by his real name and quickly corrected herself) which kind of break the immersion of the story. Maybe in next version have Tray ask Tsubaki why she almost called the main character 'Ryen' and have her come up with an excuse (for example, 'Ryen' is main character's fake name he came up to avoid assassination) which would explain why Tray never make comment on other people calling MC 'Ryen'.

And last bit is more of a personal grip than objective critic... but I do feel Ryen himself is the weakest link in the story so far. With other people's rather colorful characterization (some more so than other) his 'fantasy batman' cool guy 'nothing surprises me' shtick makes him comes off as a piece of wood. It works okay for character like Commander Sheppard where the MC has a given name, but is otherwise the player's self-insert but I just don't feel like Ryen has enough choice in player input to make him feel like an extension of us playing the game rather than a character we observe. Like I said, this critic is extremely subjective since I always like either relate-able or more flamboyant main character (like Harem Collector's main character, who ironically has no given name yet has such a well defined personality) rather than fantasy batman (extremely over-praised by all the bat fanatics, Seriously Batman is the most boring motherfucker in his own story) but once again, subjective rather than objective and he gets the job done I suppose.

Sorry if this review comes off more negative than positive, but as I said I'm extremely impressed with the content you have so far, and I'd personally put it together as Harem Collector and LoQO as the best RPGmaker 18+ games I have played so far (it's just so easy for a cynic like me to nitpick rather than praise something). Hope you have an extremely fun time develop it and wish you earn enough in Patreon, honestly I'd actually become a backer myself but I just got laid off on my job... so sorry. : (

Exeryon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I don't agree with you for some points

1) Start with a CG make the game different from the other that are around so +3 point for the game

2) Money, there's a simple trick "save and load" that you can do with the gambler (in 15 min. I was able to obtain 200.000 without too much problems and saving points that will not be spent in a certain skill) without increasing the taxt +2 points

3) Ryen "cold blood", in his lore he lived various experiences (like he said in various points) so for him is normal be a "batman"

But since I'm here I'd like to tell something since I like "BE A PAIN"

1) Quinlongfei is right about things that don't take anywhere like the elf girl (after captured her I searched her thinking I may was able to talk her and let her return what she stole)

2) For the money maybe a little text when you found the first gambler coin where someone say that can be used for have some extra money can help this way one kill only fro level up

3) I'd like to know better the skillpoints and skillstones thing because found them for increase some skill is a pain and sometimes I found skillpoints ready for be used but dunno from where they come out

Hibiro

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow, this is just frustrating. I've had this issue before too but... Wow.
So, I can't seem to open anyone's games made with RPG Maker MV, despite the fact that I have RPG Maker MV myself, paid the $90 for the pre-order.
When I go to open this one, or any others, it just gives me a window that says "Unable to Parse Package.json
Can't Read File"

Anyone got any clue with this? I can't even find anything on it anywhere.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So, I can't seem to open anyone's games made with RPG Maker MV, despite the fact that I have RPG Maker MV myself, paid the $90 for the pre-order.
When I go to open this one, or any others, it just gives me a window that says "Unable to Parse Package.json
Can't Read File"

I'm pretty sure you don't even need to have RPG Maker MV to play any RPG Maker MV games. Every stand-alone MV games are bundled with their own RTP and sources and all, that's why most MV games exceed 100MB, so all you have to do is to execute the application file named "Game" or something.
Heck, i'd yet downloaded RPG Maker MV and i can play this game just fine.

Have you tried to uninstall the RPG Maker MV and then tried to play the MV games?

Last edited:

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

It might seem like I was summoned to this topic via my name, but I've actually been slowly playing this game while not working on my own. It took a little while to finish the current release, because there's a solid amount of content, which is a pleasant surprise.

What you have now is basically a foundation, though. I'm intrigued, but most ideas are all in the execution and so far the game has focused on breadth rather than length or depth. I look forward to you building on what you've started. ^-^

I do have one suggestion, if you're open to that:
You may want to reconsider how the party levels or how you bring in new characters. Right now, there's an enormous advantage to getting all your party members before doing anything else. Players who go through maps methodically might feel penalized, and perhaps more importantly, people might never really use the characters they get later.

Most open world games tend to balance themselves by adjusting levels to match the player character. While that would be hard to do with enemies in RPG Maker, you could definitely do it with the levels of incoming new characters. Only you know your goals for this game, of course, but I hope this idea is at least worth considering.

Can't Read File"

Are you trying to open this and other games using MV? I'm afraid that's not going to work, MV only opens RPG Maker files, not deployments of games. If you're just clicking on the game, though, and still getting that error, then that's a new bug to me. Running it after uninstalling, as suggested above, might be a good thing to try.

Hope it helps!

Last edited: