What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Naughty-Netherpunch] Renryuu: Ascension

Re: Renryuu: Ascension [English] [WIP]

The combination code for Sandra's quest is too vague, the first and second answers are easy, but the third and fourth aren't, simply because there're multiple types of holes, multiple types of plants, and multiple types of stones, the player has no idea what number we're supposed to use.

Do I use the 5 big piles? Do the colours of the small piles matter or not? Does that one dead bush count as a plant? Give us answers, we literally cannot solve it unless we go through 20-40 different combinations. From what I've briefly calculated alone, the logical answers are 16 strong, and I missed a lot of variations.

The combination code for Sandra's quest is too vague, the first and second answers are easy, but the third and fourth aren't, simply because there're multiple types of holes, multiple types of plants, and multiple types of stones, the player has no idea what number we're supposed to use.

Do I use the 5 big piles? Do the colours of the small piles matter or not? Does that one dead bush count as a plant? Give us answers, we literally cannot solve it unless we go through 20-40 different combinations. From what I've briefly calculated alone, the logical answers are 16 strong, and I missed a lot of variations.

After a lot of time spent - I tend to agree. Socket 1 and 2 are relatively easy, only socket 4 is called out as to size of something (small rock piles). Socket 4 could be either 5 or 6 (not counting dead bush), but socket 3 can be 2, 5, 6, 9 or (if everything counts and it passes 10) 1 for 11...saved it at this point but it is getting grindy - especially if the order is a question:confused:...

Socket 3 could also be 6, 7 or 8.

Either way, I had to reload my game to a point before I entered that area just so I wasn't stuck there. Also, if there's any indication of how "bad" this puzzle is, various japanese games I've played that weren't translated or hooked to a text grabber had similar puzzles, but this one is the only one I've had trouble with, and it's in english :eek:

Maybe this picture will help the confusion about small stones and plants. The 3 plants on the left always counts as 1 whether they are 2 or 1 tile high.
Riddle_zps5dhf274j.png

There are always two stone plates for one socket which indicates that one is always false. A hint is given to the players to know which plates are false and can be ignored.

The bug with disappearing partymembers was fixed in a quick update I made after knowing about the problem. (version 07.08.16)

For anyone who has a savegame with lost partymembers he would like to continue I made a special version with an npc at the sleeping chambers who can add or remove party members.
-- --

Alright, I figured out the puzzle, and now that I know the answer, I know what was messing with me and most likely everyone else too.

Firstly, the plants are one of the biggest issues, as the player doesn't know if the dead plant is considered as a plant or not, and if someone's a bit too meticulous, they might question whether or not the moss is considered a plant or not as well.

Secondly, the other big issue is how easily the hint given can be missed, forgotten or considered unimportant. To make matters worse, missing the hint will worsen the issue with the plants as well, as a few people will default to adding the values of both plates together, this will mess with the player even more because they'll find a value of 11, and likely default to the idea that the stones and plants are not as "clear" as first thought, when in reality it is.

The best way to fix these issues in my opinion is to change the texture of the dead plant to one of the other ones, and also have Sandra mention the hint again after a few failed attempts.

The best way to fix these issues in my opinion is to change the texture of the dead plant to one of the other ones, and also have Sandra mention the hint again after a few failed attempts.

After seeing how many were troubled by this I agree. :D I'll change a plant and have the hint be more obvious or somehow repeated to make it less of a problem.

How was the rest of the eventline in your opinion?

And thanks for the feedback!

The rest of the puzzle was pretty much a cinch.

Nice game.

There's a small bug where the thief jailed little girl (charged for wallet theft) teleport herself to her mom's tower.
It can actually happen twice. One from inside the prison and once from outside (near the ground hole).

Nice game.

There's a small bug where the thief jailed little girl (charged for wallet theft) teleport herself to her mom's tower.
It can actually happen twice. One from inside the prison and once from outside (near the ground hole).

Thanks! =) I'll take a look at the bug and fix it.

I made a very small update with some fixes.

- Hints for Sandras first treasure dungeon room have been improved.
- Dead plant as the treasure dungeon has been replaced to avoid possible confusion about it.
- Sandra and Ryen will now "share" the items from the final treasure room. This won’t decrease the actuall reward you receive.
- Made a change to the thief girl events to avoid getting the event with the portal at two different locations.
- Other small changes

The walkthrough has been updated but I haven’t done this in a while so let me know if anything is still missing. :)
The RPG Maker MV got an update. I haven’t seen any problems with the game yet but if you notice anything please let me know.

A new version has been uploaded. The version introduces the catgirl Kurohime with currently 2 CGs and over 10 different options to play with her. You can thank the patron Sam Milne who wished for this character and CG as his pledge reward. Kurohime can be met at the hidden room shown in the screenshot above once you meet the requirements.

The old encryption I used seems to cause problems with the save system after an rpg maker update so I changed to the new encryption in the rpg maker itself. Sadly this seems to cause problems as well. I noticed some flower tiles to look bugged due to this. Please tell me if anything else seems to be affected. In the meantime I’ll see if I can find a smooth solution to the problem.
smile.png

I left the old version 15.08.16 in the download folder in case any game breaking problem appear.

Download:
-- --
-- --

Alright, time to start again this game, I skipped several versions!

It seems like a new plugin caused the savegame system to be bugged. I uploaded a new version 27.08.16 without the plugin which seems to work fine now. Please tell me if you still encounter problems.

Download:
-- --
-- --

The new version 05.09.16 has been uploaded to MEGA. Mediafire is currently not working for me so I'll upload it there later.

The update contains:
- Quest added for Kurohimes taining
- Quest added for Sandras treasure dungeon
- Bug with double Kurohime fixed
- Added option to choose <50% and >50% obedience version of Kurohimes anal and vaginal scene when replaying it from the CG selection screen.
- Fixed a bug with Treys blessing choice at the church
- Added a new event story for Chiyo
- Added small events for Trey and Ryoko

Download:
-- --

A new version has been uploaded. The version introduces the catgirl Kurohime with currently 2 CGs and over 10 different options to play with her. You can thank the patron Sam Milne who wished for this character and CG as his pledge reward. Kurohime can be met at the hidden room shown in the screenshot above once you meet the requirements.

The old encryption I used seems to cause problems with the save system after an rpg maker update so I changed to the new encryption in the rpg maker itself. Sadly this seems to cause problems as well. I noticed some flower tiles to look bugged due to this. Please tell me if anything else seems to be affected. In the meantime I’ll see if I can find a smooth solution to the problem.
smile.png

I left the old version 15.08.16 in the download folder in case any game breaking problem appear.

Download:
-- --
-- --

What are the requirements? I've played on a older (augustus) savegame and she's nowhere to be found.

The newer version I think is 8-27-16. Older saves are compatible, so you should just be able to move saves and continue. She will show up...;)

You need to finish a certain quest first before she'll appear in your secret chamber the next time you enter it. :)

u know i think i played ur game a LONG ass time ago. and i could had swear i could bring people into the maid room right next to the knigs chamber ( pretty much the sex chamber lol) but if i talk to the maid now i cant do anything? i wonder did i just think i could or did you use to have and remove it?

I used to have that feature in the old RPG Maker VX Ace version of the game. I changed to the new programm RPG Maker MV and added CGs for sex scenes instead of using sprites a while ago. The secret room and the maids still exist but I haven't gotten around to do all those events since it's a very time consuming part. I had planned to make some of the scenes text only and add CGs depending on the budget and time of my artist but I also consider looking for a sprite artist to make those scenes a bit better.

You need to finish a certain quest first before she'll appear in your secret chamber the next time you enter it. :)

What quest? I've done everything I could figure by myself this far.

Back