OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Renryuu: Ascension [English] [WIP]

So many new posts @.@

@qinlongfei:
- If you play a hentai game with other people around you, I'm not to blame! :cool:
- The little elf thief girl was just a little event to bring more life into the town, but I always thought I might bring her back for something later. The fact that several people have asked where to find her again and what it was all about also made me think it needs to be continued.
- In general, the balancing for money earned compared to money spend is currently just based on my arbitrariness and definitly needs to be adjusted. :D
- The name Ryen claims to have is "King Ryen Saotome". In most cases people who don't know he's King call him Ryen while those who know call him King Saotome. As for Trey, he doesn't mention if he knows another "true" first name of the original Saotome, but there are events later about this topic.
- Hopefully the main story line about Ryens life will make him less boring. :D
- The review didn't come out negative. :D In contrary, I'm happy about all feedback and constructive criticism.

@Exeryon:
- I think adding a limit to the money you can earn at the gambler could prevent this sort of abuse.
- You can gain skillpoints either from the skillstones scattered around the world or you gain 1 for each level Ryen get's above level 10.

@Sierra Lee:
- I agree, I increased the worlds size but the number of relevant events per map is currently really slim. It's something I can work on easier now that a lot of maps and characters are done.
- I'm always open for suggestions, you don't even have to put them into spoilers. :D All party member gain exp from battle, even if they were not in battle themselves. As for characters you haven't met yet, their inital level was based on how "strong" they're supposed to be. But it's no problem to have their inital level increase with Ryens level as well to bring the party to very similar levels as it was intended.

Thanks to all of you for your feedback. I'll try to make the most out of it! :D

Exeryon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

For the gambler
- low it from 100.000 to 50.000
- increase the consecutive times from 5 to 10,
- once reach 5 you can have 25.000
- don't low or increase the price of the coin

this way the "abuse", as you call it, will need more time and will be worth mainly for the equipment instead that both equipment and the upgrades

Despite this the need of money is a little big (even without the related skill) so why don't you increase of the 50% the money that come from selling the logs and add another type of objects that they drop that the player can sell... something like a healing herb that is more usefull selling it instead using it

I think that if you do something like this you will prevent the abuse of the gambler and you'll give to the player a little more easy life on the money front

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thanks for the ideas. I'll try to make the best out of it. :)

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

Nice, looks like a suped up version of ff 4 XD

Hibiro

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Even after uninstalling RMMV, it still gives me the error.
The node-webkit window pops up, and then tells me it's unable to parse package.json.

fakinhap3

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

puu.sh/pdRDB/fc487bfcd8.jpg

Error
Failed to load: img/faces/Ryen%201.png

Then I have to close the game.
Happens when I punch the racist that got his wallet stolen by the elf child.

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

@Hibiro:
Do you have the unpacked .exe and text file in a folder without any other files (save folder might optional also exist if you already have a savegame or set some settings)? Do you just double click the .exe file?
Do you try to run the game on a Mac, Tablet or Mobile phone? Did you try to decrypt the files from the .exe? Was something changed when you tried to open the game in the RPG Maker?
Did you try to unpack the .rar again and play with the new files instead of the ones you tried to open with the RPG Maker? Or did you try to download the complete game files again?
I haven't heard of your problem yet, so I just hope to find an answer somehow. :D

@fakinhap3:
Nice catch! :D A face picture wasn't set right, but that's a really easy fix. =) Thanks for telling me. I hate those small but game breaking bugs more than anything. :/

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So few games can even approach the topic of misogyny. And the few that do don't handle it so well. I'll give this a whirl sometime, it looks good from what I've read so far.

Even fewer games have genuine misandry.

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

New update:
- Several enemies drop more gold now.
- The reward for winning at the gambler is now 1500 gold and gives no more extra reward for wins in a row.
- All party members initial level when being recruited are now changing depending on Ryens level. So if you recruit a member very late, he won't be behind the rest of the party anymore. Some members will have a few levels higher or lower than Ryen, depending on the character.
- New area "Begus south fort" with a new quest to help a group of mercenarys.
- New area and quest into walkthrough.
- CG picture and scene selection screen. Here you can watch unlocked pictures and scenes again. You can access the selection screen from your bed in your castle, where you can also go into the skilltree.

Download folder for newest game version and walkthrough:
-- --
-- --
-- mediafire.com/folder/5daj9ykheyb3l/Current_Version --

Last edited:

fakinhap3

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I don't know if it's because I loaded an older version save file, but the first thing that happened to me was (puu.sh/piEzd/bcd7bccb22.jpg)
Error: Failed to load: img/sv_actors/Ryen.png
It happens when I attack anything with any party member.

Btw, I'd love to have the name of the places appearing when I enter them or on the world map (like the capital), I'm very bad with maps, so I spent around 2 to 3 hours to find the pink haired priest and other NPCs on Begus :eek:

edit: Oh and... I saw on the walkthrough that you can get Chiyo even after letting her get arrested. Do you plan on doing the same with Sandra? On my first save I tho she was a random NPC (she looks like an unimportant NPC, sry =p) and didn't save her, spent HOURS trying to find the thief to unlock the chests... then I read here that she was the thief, lmao.

edit2: Plot related, why there is racism against elves, but no one really care about the Vampire or the half-dragons? lol

edit3: Ok, it was a save problem (If I only get the save file, and not the global, the game doesn't even recognizes the old save, so I guess they aren't compatible, sadly).

Last edited:
OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

- The problems with savegames crushing the game during battles was fixed in a new upload earlier today (Version 06.06.16). The previous v.2 upload only fixed it for new games but I was later informed about savegames still having the bug.
- Sandra can be obtained even after given her to the Begus soldiers in the prison fort in Begus. The fort is slightly south-east of the abandoned barrack where you find Mira, pass the wall to Begus. (Map. 23 in the walkthrough)
- Vampires are a lot less common and don't differ much from normal humans on the first look. The elves also have a bad reputation, as they fought in a war against humans a long time ago.

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

New update!
- The story of the little elf thief in the bordertown continues now. If you play from a savegame with the event already started, it'll continue depending from your choice either where you left her, in the top right corner of the map or in the new prison map below the fort of the town. The event will teleport you away and throw you into a fight, but you can teleport back after the event, you'll be healed for the fight and loosing only means you won't get the reward from the fight.
- The hidden prison below a house in the bordertown now contains an imprisoned girl. She has a sex scene, but text-only. A CG picture for her scene is optional and might never be added.
- The second scene for Mira is done. If you meet all requirements, you can show her your secret room and reveal what is hidden in the screenshot above. (Requirements can be found in walkthrough if needed.)

-- --
-- --

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Made a new upload with a few fixes:

- If Aleah is still in her prison, you’ll get a dialog when going back to your group, giving you the choice to tell them about Aleah and help her or lie and leave her.
- If you have send Aleah to the castle directly from her cell, you can talk to the old lady upstairs to send her into prison.
- Black screen will disappear now after talking to Aleah in your own prison.
- Fixed Miras comments about the Icespirit to match it depending on what choices you made during the quest.
- The dead bodys at the forest way below the academy will now disappear once you went to the worldmap.
- The special chest in the slums won’t change it sprite anymore if you talk to it from the side.
- Face pictures of characters with animal ears don’t have human ears anymore.
- Vampires Life Leech does 100 damage more now.
- Changed the laboratory to a completely new screen, containing new skills for each character and new magic items.

Additionally I made some strawpolls to get some answers to questions I have. :)

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The newest update is online!
- The public health upgrade no. 1 now opens the clinic in the capital.
- The public health upgrade no. 2 now opens the bathhouse in the capital.
- The pubilc safety upgrade no. 1 creates a new police force with their own headquarters
- New eventline for Mirel with her second CG scene. The new events start at the elven village by talking to the Chief once all requirements are met.
- Several dialogs at the start were improved.

-- --
-- --

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

A new version has been uploaded.

- A MacOS version for the game updates will be uploaded from now on.
- The new version contains a new character sprite and a CG picture for the Ice Spirit
- Several bugfixes
- Improvments on dialogs
- New CG scene (Spoiler details below )
// You can have some fun with Vampire in the bathhouse if you talk to her with at least 60 relationship points and the previous CG event done. //

The walkthrough has not been updated as I’m working on a wikia page to replace it. I think the wikia will be better arranged than a pdf file and make it easier to find the informations you seek. You can find it at:

Download folder for newest game versions:
-- --
-- --

Angmir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I am willing to give your game a go.

But thouse bigger RPG games more oriented on RPG than just straight H are bad to replay, so playing each little update is not for me.

I would rather play it once fully when it is fully finished for maximum experience.

How long is your game allready, and how long it is going to be ?

Do you see the potencial finish line in sight or you plan to expand on it indefinetly.

Thx and good luck making your game.

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I would agree that the game as it is right now doesn't have much replay value. It's possible to copy savegames from old versions to the newest ones, So you can get to the new content without having to play everything else again. :) But I can understand if people would prefer playing a full game rather than getting small pieces every 1-2 weeks.
To be honest I lost track of how long the game is by now. :D It has an open world so it depends a lot on how much you explore and how many major events you find. ^^ I had several people claiming to have played for over 10 hours but I don't know how accurate this is.
The completion of the game isn't anytime soon. I could finish the main storyline quickly but there is a lot of sidestories and open ends that need to be done as well. But I already have ideas for different games so I hope I'll be able to finish it not too far in the future. :D

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I just uploaded a new version 16.07.16 to fix a bug at the police station. The update also contains a little event for a 1on1 battle between Brad and another brawler in the arena of the capital. This cage match is supposed to be the first of many matches for Brad which I'll add in the near future.

I'm also aware of a problem some Mac users have with the game. It's being investigated and I'll try to take care of it as soon as possible.

Download folder for newest game versions:
-- --
-- --

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I uploaded a new game version 24.07.16. This version contains updated plugins which will fix problems like disappearing savegame files and possible game crashes. Since this fix was very important I made the upload before finishing the new content so nothing new is playable for now. Therefore you only need to upgrade your game from the last release if you’re having any problems with the game.

OP
RyenSaotome

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I’ve uploaded a new game version for all systems. The update contains:

• A fullscreen option in the menu (it’s also possible to just press F4)
  • New UI layout as seen in the Screenshot below. Please let me know what you think about it! =)
  • A short scene with my artist Scarlett. Please note that it’s meant as a joke and she’s not really that horrible of a person.
  • New map items show pictures of certain parts of the world map with the names of all areas. This should make it easier to find every accessible map and locate areas you need for a quest. This change also includes new names for most major area shown by signs at the entrance of each area.
  • Merchant at abandoned village in Amagal selling red slimegirl essence
  • Some enemies are stronger now.
  • New CG scene with Elly.
  • New events with Sandra in a new dungeon. This treasure hunt with her involves some riddles. Please let me know if you felt them too hard or easy and if you managed to solve everything.
I’ll be away from home and limited to my laptop for a while soon so if you find any bugs or problems please let me know quickly. It’ll be easier and faster to fix it while I still have my PC. Thanks!

Download:
-- --
-- --