What's new

[WIP - Full] 淫魔の遊戯 / Devil's Game (Machine Translation)

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Firstly, thank you for the patch. But i had some difficulty installing the latest one.

The latest patch (2019/4/14) doesn't appear to run off of game.exe, it was only when i used the files from the earlier patch that it finally connected correctly and launched the patcher before the game, i'm not sure if i have some kind of frankenstein translation as a result of installing the most recent patches files and installing the previous version over those ones, but hey, it appears to be working fine so far.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
I had feedback on another game saying it just didn't work. It's entirely possible that I made a mistake when preparing the files for the latest patch.
I'll try to look into it and fix it whether it's an issue with the patch or the instructions that come with it.
Post a screenshot next time something happens as it's the best way for me to understand what's wrong.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I had feedback on another game saying it just didn't work. It's entirely possible that I made a mistake when preparing the files for the latest patch.
I'll try to look into it and fix it whether it's an issue with the patch or the instructions that come with it.
Post a screenshot next time something happens as it's the best way for me to understand what's wrong.
Simply put, decrypting the game data, then changing the game of GAME to GAME_, then copying every single file from the latest patch into the directory fails to launch Gaijinizer when starting game.exe, only when overwriting the most recent patch with the previous version (patch 2019/03/04 ), would the translation program launch upon launching game.exe, it simply goes to the title screen and causes an error when trying to start a new game. It would be difficult to show exactly what is happening with the screenshot in the directory since all of the files look the same from there, but the core issue seems to be that combining the latest patch into the game's directory fails to initiate the patcher via game.exe, whereas the previous version appears to do so.

I spent a couple of hours working on that latest patch before i gave up and tried the previous version instead, i even reinstalled the game several times but i don't really know what i'm looking at when it becomes to the 'under the hood' works of the patch itself, if you know what i mean.

livecore

Reputation score
totally garbage. no change in game after patch.

I did all in readme but nothing happen.. When run Game, gaijinizer patch screen was Never opened. Just normal game screen. (still run in japanese)

ordeup2

Reputation score
Is there only 1 male for H-scenes? Or are there any bald oji-sans in the game?

prettystupid

Reputation score
For anybody having trouble with the latest patch, there's a simple fix. In Gaijinizer.ini, change "on_start=nothing" to "on_start=show_ui". I'm guessing Lv1VillagerA just forgot to switch it back.

Hatter

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Guys I guess I need some help. I've got error "Script 'Gaijinizer Patchmaker' line 623: TypeError occurred. incompatible marshal file format (can't be read) format version 4.8 required; 227.130 given" while translating. I'm very bad at programmung and stuff so any ideas how to fix it?

Megamanx1991

Reputation score
Checked and translation works as of 3/29/2020 but as User prettystupid has said you have to go to Gaijinizer.ini, change "on_start=nothing" to "on_start=show_ui", also thanks a lot User Lv1VillagerA for the translation as I've been dying to play Developing Room games but haven't found a translation for any of them till now. Appreciate it!

Aflac

Reputation score
So, following the steps of the readme, I've come across this error (shown in attached image) Not sure if I did something wrong or if something just has the wrong version. Some help would be appreciated.

Attachments

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Translation does work. Given the complexity of the game, the UI alone is already a laudable feat. Grats, Villager.
As stated above, /Gaijinizer/Gaijinizer.ini must be edited like this:
Note that the ini will revert to "on_start=nothing" after patching, so the UI doesn't show up again.

So, following the steps of the readme, I've come across this error (shown in attached image) Not sure if I did something wrong or if something just has the wrong version. Some help would be appreciated.
The line is "return Marshal.load(text).map{|s| s.unpack("m")}.join("\n").force_encoding("UTF-8")"
...that's about all I can tell. Please explain exactly when and how this occurred.
Honestly, I doubt I can be of help. Patch works on Win10 under Japanese locale, this much I can confirm.

@naysayers: guys, Googlish is crap, we all know. However, it only exists so we fluent with English can edit it into something readable.
If you wanna be entitled to complain, then help out, edit a couple files Googlish -> English.
Don't spit in the face of good-willed people who worked for you while you were sitting on your lazy arses. Say thanks, or say nothing.
edit/correction: our lazy butts. I did try, but miserably gave up after the wolfrpg-ish battle system punched me in the face.

Last edited:

Mikeyboy

Reputation score
Hello villager, could you please reupload your patch link?