Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Death

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: No internet or no sex?

Any particular reason why? You've piqued my curiosity. (I get curious about anything I don't understand)
Why I would argue "you don't really have the ability to get it until you've experienced"?

I will cede that experience is one important facet when understanding something. If it were the only, or the most important, none of our systems of education, for one example, would function. Experience is important, but we can learn about and understand things without actually experiencing them. For an example, I understand, as well as a moderately knowledgeable layperson can, how an fission reaction occurs. I've never actually conducted any experiments into this to confirm my knowledge, but I'm confident that I understand what is happening and why it is happening.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Toxic's opinions seem (at least from what I've seen) to be fairly similar to Goldstein's, so he's "hollering" up in the "hizouse" to a "homie". :D
Yes to the first part.
To the second part.... -_- no ... just no

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Hee hee hee. Sorry. X3 Hence the quotation marks~ :p

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Why I would argue "you don't really have the ability to get it until you've experienced"?

I will cede that experience is one important facet when understanding something. If it were the only, or the most important, none of our systems of education, for one example, would function. Experience is important, but we can learn about and understand things without actually experiencing them. For an example, I understand, as well as a moderately knowledgeable layperson can, how an fission reaction occurs. I've never actually conducted any experiments into this to confirm my knowledge, but I'm confident that I understand what is happening and why it is happening.
Oops, sorry. I meant why aren't you interested in sex.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Don't know about gold, but my response would be, why is everyone else so interested in it? In my opinion, there are some things that actually require more trust, vulnerability, and intimacy. In a society that still chooses to place shame on things, there's so much to fight for, what? A few seconds of bliss, then a few minutes of tire? It's not that big of a deal to me, then again, it's never been. Even as a child, masturbation quickly turned from sexual pleasure to sleep-aid/painkiller. I feel as if I do better, more productive things with my time. My friendships are all close enough that they're practically relationships without sex anyway, and that's the only connection you need to another human being.

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

Don't know about gold, but my response would be, why is everyone else so interested in it? In my opinion, there are some things that actually require more trust, vulnerability, and intimacy. In a society that still chooses to place shame on things, there's so much to fight for, what? A few seconds of bliss, then a few minutes of tire? It's not that big of a deal to me, then again, it's never been. Even as a child, masturbation quickly turned from sexual pleasure to sleep-aid/painkiller. I feel as if I do better, more productive things with my time. My friendships are all close enough that they're practically relationships without sex anyway, and that's the only connection you need to another human being.
You know, that's a close enough answer that I'm tempted to just quote it and go. I don't know why specifically that I'm not overly interested in sex. That is, the psychological reasons and whatnot. There are just things that I would rather devote my time and energy to, education being primary. If I can hack it, I'm going to be majoring in physics and chemistry, which I am sure will not exactly be a breeze (granted, not as hard as it would be at a graduate level). I masturbate, yes, but I do it more to allow me to focus on other things, similar to Toxic. And yeah, I certainly have close friendships. I just don't really care about sex right now.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Good riddance.
Fun fact: You're a human >_>

I'm annoyed by people who think the human race should be wiped out. Self hating bastards. =\ I also hate Americans who hate America. Move to Mexico then, you ungrateful bastards. We don't need your kind here.

Maybe I should take this to the rant thread.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I love America.

I hate the people that get into elected positions and then double-cross the people who elected them to that position.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm annoyed by people who think the human race should be wiped out. Self hating bastards. =\ I also hate Americans who hate America. Move to Mexico then, you ungrateful bastards. We don't need your kind here.

I... agree with Obe.

Holy crappola this might be history here.

Also, back to original thread. That's fair enough Toxic and Gold. I don't live that way myself, as I quite enjoy sex. Then again, I'm a fairly sexual person.

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

There's no option for how we'd die for this though.

...Yes, I'd rather die than give up internet or sex. I only meet interesting people on the intertubes, and sex... While I'm not one of the people that enjoy doing it just for fun (I know, odd since I come up with games involving rape), I enjoyed the emotional connection I had with the person...

So really, is this gonna be like, bullet in my head, or chased by nude women off a cliff kind of death?

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

While I don't necessarily agree with the statement "humans should cease to exist," from an objective, logical standpoint, I can't ignore the fact that the Earth and all of its other living creatures would probably be better off if we did. Mother Nature has a balance, and pretty much all of her creatures obey that balance. But when you put humans into the mix, with minds capable of understanding those laws and being able to circumvent them, that throws off the balance. How many species of wildlife have we made extinct? How many more only have living members in captivity because all of the ones in the wild have died out?

Maybe the whole human race being wiped out is too strong an idea. The same solution would be applied if we could pick up and move to a planet that wasn't already inhabited so we could fuck with it as much as we wanted with only ourselves to blame and ourselves to pay the consequences.

I plan to move to Canada if I can find steady work there.

Or maybe Japan. My girlfriend speaks Japanese. I could probably get along there just fine. Right now I just don't have the financial security to leave country.

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

Actually, the Earth wouldn't necessarily be better off without humans. We are the only creatures capable of protecting the Earth from asteroids, for example. But yeah, this would be better in the rants thread.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Which is why I put the quantifier "probably" in front of that sentence =D

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Actually, the Earth wouldn't necessarily be better off without humans. We are the only creatures capable of protecting the Earth from asteroids, for example. But yeah, this would be better in the rants thread.
That's not necessarily a good thing for nature, either. Sure, a big enough asteroid would wipe out most of the species. But without one dinosaurs would still be dominant. One theory is that mass extinctions actually speed up evolution.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Who's saying that life is good in the first place? :p There are plenty of planets out there that are doing just fine without their own squeeming cesspools of organisms, and other phenomena that work very nicely outside of human (or single cellular, even) motivation!

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I honestly believe the world would be better place without humans. I know I wouldn't exist either(we can argue whether "I" really exist in another topic if you really want to) but while that probably qualifies as a bad thing from my and several other people's perspective, those perspectives wouldn't exist without humans.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Eh, if the world ever ends, I'll just move to Greenland

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

To quote George Carlin (perhaps not perfectly, though):

"The sanctity of life is a man-made, self-serving bullshit story; after all, the only ones who care are the ones who are alive."

Yes, human beings coming into existence fucked with the balance of nature - hell, it's still fucking with it. However, seeing as how we are the only species capable of circumventing laws - apparently - perhaps we are also the only species on this planet that is managing to keep it going.

Yeah, yeah, we fucked the o-zone, we fucked the ecosystem, we fucked up a lot... but we are working hard as a species to correct the mistakes we made as best we can, as well as trying to find ways to protect this planet.

Of course, we're all fucked when that damned sun goes supernova...

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

To quote George Carlin (perhaps not perfectly, though):

"The sanctity of life is a man-made, self-serving bullshit story; after all, the only ones who care are the ones who are alive."

Yes, human beings coming into existence fucked with the balance of nature - hell, it's still fucking with it. However, seeing as how we are the only species capable of circumventing laws - apparently - perhaps we are also the only species on this planet that is managing to keep it going.

Yeah, yeah, we fucked the o-zone, we fucked the ecosystem, we fucked up a lot... but we are working hard as a species to correct the mistakes we made as best we can, as well as trying to find ways to protect this planet.

Of course, we're all fucked when that damned sun goes supernova...
No we're not. Oh, and the sun is too small to go supernova.