What's new

ACT Abandoned Vore Loli Guro [Noisy Crown] クロノスフィアー / Chronos Fear (development halted)

OP
Zabz

Zabz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Oh nice so it is going to come back. I guess when a new demo or further information comes up I can edit original post.

scrumpy80

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Pre-edit:
After re-reading it, I'm almost confused. At first I thought it was the artist who had gone silent on this game, and the programmer made a game on his own.
Rereading the comment, it looks like... The artist has come out of hiding by publishing their own game... And is now working on Chronos Fear again..?
We've had a lot of google and machine translation interpretations of noisy crown's posts suggesting every conceivable outcome... I don't want to sound like a skeptic but we really just need someone who can fluently read japanese to give us a definitive answer. I'd love to have hope for chronos fear but I'd also hate to be disappointed again. Can we submit blog posts in the translation request thread? Just kidding.

LonelyGaruga

Reputation score
I can translate. Chronos Fear is definitely being worked on again. From what was said in the blog post that announced the halting of Chronos Fear, the poster said that the two people comprising noisycrown will each make their own game and then continue making Chronos Fear afterwards. The poster also said that they would be announcing their game on the blog. That would be the Sana game, I.E. the Sana game is from the active developer. The other person on the team still hasn't said anything yet it seems. From what was described about them by the active developer in one of the comments in the halting blog post, they have been dealing with mental issues (neurosis is used as a loanword here, but it's not necessarily a neurosis) for some time now. They're also described as having a naturally shy disposition. The active developer posted this comment using a different account from the one used for official updates, which was 立原風音 (I think the reading is Tachihara Kazeoto, the last character means sound/noise), while referring to the other developer as 冠 (Japanese for Crown).

That's my current understanding of the situation.

Ah, I misspoke. Rather than "being worked on again", Chronos Fear is just the next game that noisycrown will be doing. It's just an assumption that it's currently being worked on.

Another edit, I'm an idiot. Didn't notice that they had a member list on the left side of the page, complete with how to read their names. Crown is Kagafuri Rina and the illustrator/programmer, Tachihara Kanon does the music and scenario planning.

Last edited:

ServerSurfer

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I can translate. Chronos Fear is definitely being worked on again. From what was said in the blog post that announced the halting of Chronos Fear, the poster said that the two people comprising noisycrown will each make their own game and then continue making Chronos Fear afterwards. The poster also said that they would be announcing their game on the blog. That would be the Sana game, I.E. the Sana game is from the active developer. The other person on the team still hasn't said anything yet it seems. From what was described about them by the active developer in one of the comments in the halting blog post, they have been dealing with mental issues (neurosis is used as a loanword here, but it's not necessarily a neurosis) for some time now. They're also described as having a naturally shy disposition. The active developer posted this comment using a different account from the one used for official updates, which was 立原風音 (I think the reading is Tachihara Kazeoto, the last character means sound/noise), while referring to the other developer as 冠 (Japanese for Crown).

That's my current understanding of the situation.

Ah, I misspoke. Rather than "being worked on again", Chronos Fear is just the next game that noisycrown will be doing. It's just an assumption that it's currently being worked on.

Another edit, I'm an idiot. Didn't notice that they had a member list on the left side of the page, complete with how to read their names. Crown is Kagafuri Rina and the illustrator/programmer, Tachihara Kanon does the music and scenario planning.
Well thanks for the efforts. So in the end, it's still a bit of an unknown grey area if the game will be finished.

LonelyGaruga

Reputation score
I think that it's a matter of when the game will be finished, as opposed to if, based on the more recent comment they posted that I translated in my 1st post in #256 where the blog poster was reassuring another person that the next game will be Chronos Fear. Since it was the noisycrown account I can't be sure if it was Tachihara or Kagafuri, but I'm assuming it was Tachihara.

It's unfortunately fairly difficult to grasp just how far the game is in development, since it's entirely possible that Kagafuri has been working on the game but just hasn't been saying anything, hasn't been doing anything, or may even have scrapped the game entirely and started a new version of it from scratch. Based on the trailer and screenshots of gameplay, plus the unused enemies in the demo, it seems the game's fairly developed, as a lot of the enemies were mostly or fully functional, and it probably covered most of the enemies in the game. There was also a blog post on 11/4/2015 stating that they would be working on the balance of the levels, which would indicate that they were mostly done with enemy design and level creation at that point and needed fine tuning. It was also written in that blog post that the next step after that would be getting the voice acting done.

Based on that information, I would like to assume that the game is a lot further along with its completion than might be expected based on how inactive the updates have been, but because it's taken so long to get any information about the game's updates since then, it's difficult to really say for sure. Regardless, I'm inclined to believe the game will be completed eventually. It's been 6 months since the announcement of Chronos Fear's development being halted, and 8 days ago the developer confirmed after Sana's release that Chronos Fear will be the next work. I think that in that time frame, something's been worked out now, but that's just my perspective of the whole thing. All that's really certain is that Chronos Fear is the next game.

Zedascove

Reputation score
Where can I download it? The blog/site mentioned on this thread doesn't even exist anymore.

Google "ロノスフィアー blog" Somewhere between posts made in 2014 and 2015 you should find the last updated demo link. Don't worry about seeping through many posts, person hardly even updates his own blog for games..
The info here is wrong. It leads to some random blog with unrelated stuff.

Here's the link for those of you looking for it: *Link removed due to loli*

Reputation score
It's been a while, but there's finally another update about Chronos Fear from Noisy Crown.

...and no, it's not particularly good news.

To cut right to the chase, the next game released by Noisy Crown will in fact be Chronos Fear...but, it will be released as an RPG Maker (MV) game, not as the flash action game we saw them working on before. As such, that means that yes, the Flash ACT game version of Chronos Fear has officially been cancelled. They do mention that the abandoned flash version will be bundled in with the RPG Maker game on its release as a bonus extra, but they don't make it clear whether that is just the alpha demo they released beforehand, or if they plan to release the entirety of their work on it. Granted, there's no guarantee any of the work they did after that demo ever actually made it into a playable format, so I'm not going to hold my breath, but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised.

The second piece of news, for something a little less depressing, is that they have decided to actually take public updates seriously from now on. Starting in July, they will be registering for DLSite's Ci-En service. I don't actually know anything about Ci-En, but it sounds from Noisy Crown's post as if it's DLSite's own Patreon-like service. The plan is for them to release weekly updates, every Sunday, starting in July. So hopefully we won't deal with too many more of those 4 year long info droughts. Tentatively they've said they plan to share test builds as well as art that both will and won't be included the game, but a more detailed list will be made up when they actually set up the account.

All in all, I'm pretty not thrilled at the idea of the Flash game being cancelled, but I had basically written it off as dead anyways so I'm not particularly surprised. I was reasonably pleased with the last game they made though, so I can at least still look forward to whatever they produce next, and the announcement that they are in fact working on SOMETHING is good. I guess we'll have to wait til July to see exactly where they're starting from...I know Chronos Fear originally started as an RPG Maker game, but for some reason I doubt that any of that will be used. Some art assets from the Flash game could be used, but I suspect they will effectively be starting over from scratch. Guess we'll see in July!

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I'm thinking at least part of the reason is because Adobe has pretty much abandoned Flash. The Flash version might not even work any more by the time they finish.

SoulBreaka

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Well if its rpg...pls let there be good CR. I'd rather take the action game with all their updated stuff tho.

LonelyGaruga

Reputation score
Dissatisfactory, but if the Flash version has all the enemies programmed into it fully functional and has sound effects/voice acting I guess it's acceptable enough. I only play hentai games for vore, Chronos Fear's high animation quality made it very appealing for that purpose, and Hanakanmuri had a lot of good vore scenes (especially the circle version), so I anticipated Chronos Fear would too. In the demo version alone, there's two soft vore enemies (worm python and three-headed snake) and three hard vore enemies (giant plant, "water bug", and dragon), with more enemies being added later on being probable. An RPG Maker game is not going to have anywhere close to the same appeal in this area, so I'm fairly disappointed, but at least the Flash version will most likely be better than the demo.

scrumpy80

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Dissatisfactory, but if the Flash version has all the enemies programmed into it fully functional and has sound effects/voice acting I guess it's acceptable enough. I only play hentai games for vore, Chronos Fear's high animation quality made it very appealing for that purpose, and Hanakanmuri had a lot of good vore scenes (especially the circle version), so I anticipated Chronos Fear would too. In the demo version alone, there's two soft vore enemies (worm python and three-headed snake) and three hard vore enemies (giant plant, "water bug", and dragon), with more enemies being added later on being probable. An RPG Maker game is not going to have anywhere close to the same appeal in this area, so I'm fairly disappointed, but at least the Flash version will most likely be better than the demo.
There was a three-headed snake in the demo? Actually, I don't remember a couple of those enemies. Was there ever more than one playable demo for the flash version of Chronos Fear, or is my memory just wrong?

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
There was a three-headed snake in the demo? Actually, I don't remember a couple of those enemies. Was there ever more than one playable demo for the flash version of Chronos Fear, or is my memory just wrong?
There was only one, I believe, but it had the files for other enemies that were not included in the demo. And some of them seemed complete. Or at least complete enough that it wasn't broken. We got around that with some of them by replacing the files of included enemies with the ones that weren't included.

LonelyGaruga

Reputation score
Yeah, I messed around with all the files to see each enemy. The three-headed snake (file name "snaky") and the dragon (file name "dragon") are two of those enemies. The snake has a soft vore (pretty standard, has an internal view at the start up until digestion, spits up Ichika's bones at the end) and a petrification scene (holds Ichika in one mouth while biting with the other two, when Ichika's HP is depleted it holds a bite that petrifies her), the dragon is ryona/hard vore that's a little incomplete looking. It pins her down and bites off some chest flesh, and then proceeds to grab her by the head with its mouth and drag her closer. The grapple abruptly breaks at this point unless Ichika's HP was depleted, in which case it proceeds to rapidly bite off Ichika's flesh, until there's a very abrupt transition to Ichika as a skeleton. The snake vore also abruptly breaks if Ichika escapes, it isn't like the worm python where there's an animation for spitting her out. The damage on each attack is very low, the snake vore in particular does 1 point of damage every 2 or so seconds. The only really broken enemy is the octopus, which is shown in the game's trailer to be designed for water combat. It has a functional grapple attack, but no scene to go with it. There's also an older version of the "water bug" (the bloodied insect enemy that grabs Ichika and bites her head off) that attacks with a peculiar sequence of 4 attacks using each limb, no scene to go along with it.

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
How to "mess" with the files? I want to see the other enemy too :(

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
First, make a backup of all the enemy files. Then simply rename them as something that's already in the game. They'll straight-up replace all of a certain enemy type.

scrumpy80

Demon Girl
Reputation score
It seems that there's no files for specific consumable items, which is a shame because there's no way to heal besides that one plant item you can find in the tutorial. At least, as far as I know. I couldn't get Cheat Engine to work and find the address for health. It would be nice to have infinite health or a lot of health so I could view the grab animations without having to grind up my levels a ton each time I start the demo.

LonelyGaruga

Reputation score
Unused enemies are

-Alraune (ryona/yuri, belly punches and whips Ichika before licking and strangling her)
-Bompkin (ryona, bites Ichika's head and blows her body up)
-Bug (small centipede-like enemy, forces itself into Ichika through her mouth, nothing really happens for a bit before it leaves though)
-Dragon
-GiantWaterBug (Old version of WaterBugGiant, no scene)
-Hand (energy drain/tentacles, two hands grab Ichika, when HP is depleted more hands grab her arms and the scene ends, if naked then tentacles + energy drain until she's reduced to a skeleton)
-MonsterFlower (No scene, oddly only has melee attacks, this ate Fear in both Hanakanmuri games)
-Octopus (only move is to grapple Ichika with a tentacle, stabs her when her HP is depleted)
-Rocket Launcher (No scene, just fires projectiles)
-Snaky

WaterBugSmall is the first enemy encountered in the demo, by renaming the appropriate enemy to WaterBugSmall, you can replace its spawns with that enemy. All of the used enemies must be correctly named, or the game will not start. MonsterFlower hangs down below the spawn point like Spyder, so it needs to replace Spyder in order to see it (not that there's anything to see).

herovip0903

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The dev has created their Ci-en , will be weekly update it seem. Chronos fear will be two part, chronos fear and chronos fear X. Still sad that the game is no longer side scrolling action game but glad they not abandon the game.

Last edited:

scrumpy80

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The dev has created their Ci-en , will be weekly update it seem. Chronos fear will be two part, chronos fear and chronos fear X. Still sad that the game is no longer side scrolling action game but glad they not abandon the game.
Thanks for the update. I know this isn't directly related to the game but I'd like to ask, is there an english guide to using Ci-en?