Nurses Station

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Nurses Station

Siphon comes back in with Simon in tow, a puzzled look on his face having only caught part of Sho's sentence. "Spare me what now?"

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"What's this about you not breathing?" She turns to face him, hands going to her hips, eyes narrowing. If he thought he avoided massive damage before, he's got another thing coming when facing a worried girlfriend.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A blink and then he suddenly realizes what she is getting at. "OH! No I was still breathing, just that when I meditate it is such a slow rate that it APPEARS to be non existent. In fact actually you wouldn't be able to feel a heart beat either with bare hands, you'd need one of those heart monitor things to find it. In actuality it's there but so slow as to be undetectable by most methods. The reason for this is the slower the rate of breathing and heart rate, the faster the symbiote can regenerate the host. Jesus I'm sorry, I thought I had told you of that!"

He comes over to her and tries to hug her, a look of shock on his face and unhappiness from having her so worried.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"You did. But not when psychobitches are being mentioned in the same sentence, along with 'catch her off guard.' That sounds an awful lot like you were pretty close to needing to bluff your way out of something and it wasn't a forgotten date." She's gotten closer to him, staring at him through still narrowed eyes, not even caring that Kyle and Simon are around.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He hangs his head slightly. "I didn't feel there was much other choice. I was hoping to take her by surprise and goad her into attacking me instead of Elissia. It didn't work. It just angered her further, which goes to put it just how damn far in over my head I am with this."

The frustration is evident, and for a moment he looks as if he might damage the wall, but manages to contain himself for the moment.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Or it just goes to show how insane and fixated on playing with people she is. Why torture one person when you can torture a bunch? Hey." She dips down to make eye contact with him. "I have a feeling she's the type that one person isn't going to be able to handle alone anyway, so don't go beating yourself up over the whole situtation, okay? Take a victory, no matter how small."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon slowly shakes his head. "I don't know Sho. It backfired badly on me, not only did the light not force her to leave, but she started doing something to Elissia. I have a feeling she drank her blood or something, because that light is intensely bright and she should have been at the least weakened by it, but she seemed to ward it off by making contact with Elissia."

He lowers his tone dramatically and adds, "damnit Sho, I could have gotten her killed that way. That's whats bothering me the most. Is that I damn near did the one thing I'm trying to PREVENT from happening."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Hey, you did what you thought was going to help. She's a shadow, they don't like lights. Not your fault she wasn't playing by the rules." She looks over at the other girl. "And if she did drink her, then hopefully she got a good dose of poison, too, antivenom or not." She snorts, then puts her attention back to him, tipping her head forward to press her forehead to his. "She's still alive, so it didn't backfire too badly and so long as you learned from the situation, it wasn't a total loss. Small victories, remember?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A moment as he may be fighting a small war inside of himself, and finally he bows his head. "Indeed. Although it's unlikely the poison, even if it had still been in Elissia's body, would have affected the damn witch. Still, she wasn't in the woods when I checked there, and there was no sign of anyone else being there or another body, so maybe with any luck the two demons killed each other."

He gently pulls her to his body, hugging closely, more so to seem to reassure her he would be ok, than for his own comfort.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"We can only hope, right?" She smiles, letting out a soft noise as he draws her into the hug, but she returns it, holding onto him and giving him a subtle squeeze as she does so, comforted and comforting by the gesture. A heartbeat passes and he hears her chuckle softly. "We do have an audience, you know." She turns her head. "Hi, Simon. Had to yell at him first before I could say hello."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A mischievous grin crosses his features as he slowly releases her and turns back. "Indeed we do, how rude of me."

He manages to look a bit embarrassed, though he winks back to Sho, knowing she was half kidding, and perhaps, just perhaps a hint of something else there, but it would vanish quickly for now.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Simon stands quietly still outside the door, listening to the conversation with strong yet invisible interest, finally responding when addressed. "Hi Shoni. Hello Kyle. Siphon said there was something I could help with. I'll be fine watching her."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon turns back to Simon. "Yeah just be careful, cuz she's got some shadow demoness after her it seems. I'm frankly amazed you didn't sense her."

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

"I am aware of the other shadow present. Do not worry."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There is a brief pause while he seems to consider his words carefully. "Then by now you should also know she seems to be immune to everything I have thrown at her, including a light show to put Times Square to shame, or so I have been told. I know you ought to be fine but still... I can't help but worry some. I'd feel much better if Elissia were at least conscious and understood what was going on. Though I am definitely grateful for your assistance here Simon. I think I can safely say we all are."

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Simon thinks for a moment. He was used to never having to fear any danger spare the one he posed to others. Protecting wasn't something he had experience of, but he wasn't afraid of this other shadow. He peers beyond Siphon and into the room a little, then looking back. "If anything occurs, I can signal you via the fire alarm. Or use the nurses phone in non emergencies."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon nods slowly. "Fair enough, here."

He hands him a slip of paper with a few numbers on it. "This is my cell number if you need to call us at any point."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Before Simon can take the paper, Sho steals it. "Aye, and here's mine. Though we'll likely be together, but just in case." She scribbles her own number onto it as well. "Thank you for the help. Is there anything you wanted to get before you take over? Books? Dinner? Anything like that?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon bows slightly, having not wanted to just give out her number, but since she had herself, he was good.

"Yeah, we can get ya something if you want, I'll go bring it here for ya."

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

"I'm fine thank you. I've got all I need on me." He says patting his back pack once. Food and drink enough for two or three days, and a book that'd take half a life time to translate on his own. "I'd give you my number, but I don't have one. But you can use the nurses number I imagine."

Simon steps back to allow them out of the room, standing against the wall across the corridor. The shadow didn't too edgy right now though, which was strange considering the commotion of late. No sign of that shadow woman either.

((Heh heh. Due to Grace's barrier, Ellisia can't detect anything strange about Simon so long as he is out of the room.))