What's new

[Nutaku] Armor Blitz

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [Nutaku] Armor Blitz

If you can't get a lot of scouting done then you're kinda out of luck emblemwise. Your only other option would be to make it to Ocica which has a small chance of dropping 5* emblems and some 5* tanks.
Just where is the Ocica? Beyond Final Devonis?

I might have no choice but to drop this game because it seems to be only for active players unless i open wallet to buy something boring like emblems in the shop -.- And the thought of buying emblems disgusts me. I don't get titties that way.

I get a 4* emblem from scouting maybe once every 2-3 weeks or so.

I tried Devonis again and got shit kicke dout of me again. And looking at my emblem options, they're really horrible, DPS emblesm with tanking skills. I do not need a damage reduction on a crit emblem. etc. Or boosted crit chance on a iron defense emblem.. etc

edit: well, i could grind slowly at this game i guess. And hope I get lucky.

Last edited:

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Also it would be more honest of them at this stage to scratch the 1* and 2* or at least make them story only. I mean come on.
At this speed it will take over 5 years for the all missing units (2 in 8 weeks at 76 missing) = 304 weeks o_O
Ok unfair to quote myself. But, Ericridge, you have some 3* you like to see right?, erm what titties? It going to take years :)

Slap any hp giving emblem on artillery to buff their durability and send them scouting I guess

edit : Edging towards slow burn myself, that two weeks promise in the patch notes need to step things up. a lot.

Last edited:

companion

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Is Type 64 light tank any good? Got it from monthly roll and first glance looks disappointing.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The city right after Devonis.
Thanks, and this time around I managed to make all the defenses in Final Devonis explode before losing welp. Its that goddamn stun bomb. I give up now I've wasted way too much oil that could've been used to level up my 3* girls.

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Is Type 64 light tank any good? Got it from monthly roll and first glance looks disappointing.
My experience with light tanks is that they don't work well with the current (basic) game engine.

It is a straight up slugging match most of the time, mixed here and there with various simple snipe or bait tricks to steal wins on based AI limitations.

Light tanks tend to die in that environment. They cant take the hits, cant reliably avoid them, cant survive things that spawn on them at the boss, take up precious space in the roster, and at same or at most +1 cost one can put out a medium tank that will do an better job at pretty much anything.

If the game counted them at ½ a spot in the line up or priced them at 1 to max 2 gears to allow swarming tactics or added terrain that needed them, maybe they'd work ok or even well.

Have a 4* M24 Chaffee, lvl20, +20% attack speed aura for 20 seconds. Great skill. Gave up on her.

She dies if anything looks at her and no matter how much range I gave her to get her away from enemies ... she'd end up in the ball or front or flank or whatever sooner or later = Splat.

Put in a 3* medium instead. Plain as a wooden plank. Boring as oatmeal without sugar. +14% dmg skill /snooze. That 3* is nearing retirement now at lvl31 due to my 4*s coming up in levels to replace my 3*s. Has performed totally average and entirely solid the entire way. Can push, can hold, can dps, can deathball, can take a few hits too. none of it done well. but all of it solid and can even exp well as she has a couple of copies in her.

Lights are often (but not always) rather hopeless outside of dedicated teams and tactics currently.

Anyways, Lin can put out a lot of damage in a short time frame and has good penetration built in and an armor debuff that will stack real fast under the skill. If her skill is on short initial timer, so that it can be used reliably as needed, use her as a 4*+ TD. Because she is essentially a Tank Destroyer disguised as a light and at a lights cost and a lights passive.

Try looking at the 4* M18 Hellcat TD, she is an M18 Hellcat copy, but at 3 gears cost instead of 4 gears, with higher base damage and with a decent passive on top. Basically you rolled the best light for general purpose use. Just remember to use her as a TD that is all really.

But Game engine need more depth to bring them on the field in general or set piece scripted events. Which given the backlog of tasks the game has, honestly, I don't see happening soon.

Last edited:

PAAL

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

The way the target mechanic works in this game is that a tank will lock on to the very first tank that comes into its range. Once locked on, the tank will stay on that very target indefinitely, until it's dead; after that it will lock on to the nearest target yet again.

This applies to both friendly and enemy tanks, and also explains when a tank is locked on the boss, it will ignore new enemy tanks spawning next to it.

For this reason, the main blocking tank (HT in most cases) should not be the slowest moving one or having the shortest range. Any medium or light tanks that moves ahead of the lead tank will be locked on by enemy tank/turret instead, even if the blocking tank moves ahead later and is once again at the frontmost unit.

At least for relatively winnable fights (fights that does not wipe out 85% of the roster) I prefer to lead off with a high evasion/armor medium tank that can withstand the targeting of the first 2-3 enemy tanks, then a pure DPS medium tank, followed by an AOE tank destroyer or artillery. The main heavy tank will be the 3rd or 4th tank deployed depending on the frontline situation. Once the main heavy is at the front then it will become the target of the rest of enemy tanks.

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I get a 4* emblem from scouting maybe once every 2-3 weeks or so.
Loaded up some TD and ART with HP badges and sent them scouting. After 2 hours all 4 had found 2 emblems each.

Minimal sample, have not seen the quality of them yet, but anyways, their buff to emblem encounters seems significant.

My 4 heavies usually scouting (I work, not a chance for a light to survive the 10hr duration) find less than that and scout 5x longer.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Loaded up some TD and ART with HP badges and sent them scouting. After 2 hours all 4 had found 2 emblems each.

Minimal sample, have not seen the quality of them yet, but anyways, their buff to emblem encounters seems significant.

My 4 heavies usually scouting (I work, not a chance for a light to survive the 10hr duration) find less than that and scout 5x longer.
Yes but most of the times the emblems is 1*-3* and 4* emblems show up once in a blue moon.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What the actual fucking fuck what the fuck. Another 5* dupe.
This game fucking sucks. Fuck the day 28 login. Second S-51. -.-

If my third 28th Login reward is another dupe 5* tank. I'm quitting this game.

First jagdpanther. Dupe jagdpanther. Dupe S-51. WIth friends like this I don't even need the abyssals to be my enemies in fact I want to go and join them now just to kill the shop lady and the login postman.

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

The way the target mechanic works in this game is that a tank will lock on to the very first tank that comes into its range. Once locked on, the tank will stay on that very target indefinitely, until it's dead; after that it will lock on to the nearest target yet again.
Tanks will change targets under other circumstances.

- If their target moves out of their firing arc.
- If their target moves out their firing range,
- and in very rare and quite possibly glitchy situations if challenged by a closer tank in their own lane. (I say possibly glitchy for this one as I've only seen it a handful of times in total : where they simply swung away from an unmoving live target in another lane and turned to a fresh close target that had attacked them in their own lane, and it seems at odds with their other behavior).

---

Unlucky on the dupes. Not that it helps, but you'll get a lot of company to complain with over it, should the game live long enough, because the odds of getting 5* dupes over a year from stamp card (12 draws out of a population of 27 of which a minimum of 11 draws can produce a dupe) is pretty massive, you just happen to be a first mover, the president of the club.

Luxury problem though. other games don't hand out 5*s.

Anyways,

What makes it bite more than usual is that the game has no skill or equipment level for dupes to boost ex. Skill 1/5 becomes 2/5 giving an immediate power gain. Since this type of game usually run with that game feature, dupes while annoying at least do some immediate good. Here one has to wait until the unit fulfills Elite criteria to get the "instant" power boost.

This is because the level curve will almost certainly ensure that the dupe xp boost is not super noticeable in direct everyday terms ex. a tank with +20% xp will due to how the level curve works be 2-3 levels in front of a twin tank with +0% at lvl50. Which while an large difference in xp is but a fraction, a few percent, in actual power in difference.

Game has a serious grind complex going, that part of it is pretty elite ex. Rawr's rather well levelled Super Pershings would at lvl 33 be at just 18% of the exp needed for lvl50. My Maus at lvl23, being for a week the recipient of 5 xp mules in the team to feed her xp, by comparision has a laughable 4,77% of the xp required for lvl50.

Last edited:

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Installed the mobile version out of curiosity (and to do a bit of comparison).
Seems to be a 1 to 1 copy as far as it is possible.

Invasion in the beginning is voiced on mobile. Don't seem to recall that from Nutaku version. Only a few scenes so far though.

The Android version has been through a long drought due to Nutaku move. So there is a 5* medium, 5* emblem and other goodies in mailbox when one logs in.
Drought suggests a rather significant resource bottleneck. Essentially Android seems to have been barren for months while Nutaku move was done.
A more normal procedure would be to support ones main platform and expand to a new I believe.

Anyways, likely means planning and resource usage from the team need to be very solid to get some traction.

The 1 to 1 link if a hard link that cannot be broken, could likely prevent the Nutaku version from growing.
I rather suspect they need to allow the versions to grow somewhat apart to succeed on Nutaku, but not so much that produced map, tank and reward content cannot be migrated almost directly.

Only alternative would be to simply take the chance that a mobile can run on both in a 1-to-1 and hope for the best.

I'd assume that would require top of the class Adult art to work out long term as that would be the only parameters one could work with to cover the Mobile to Adult game gap.
Tricky situation imo. Same team needs to be both places and art is plain.

A good event framework would help a ton, since it likely could be exported between the platforms and would require code resources (which they have) not art resources (don't seem to have) and would give better art usage (by tying content and art together instead of random gatcha) of the limited art that there actually is present.

Anyways, speculation as usual.

edit : One additional note. It seems to me that the reason that we have mostly gotten QoL improvements is due to them having primarily coding resources not art and that they have in fact not been able grow the game significantly from its launch one year ago. It looks to me, as it has moved from version 1.1 to 1.2 to 1.2.1 etc. at best. and then ground to a total hold a few months into 2017 when the "Nutaku warp drive" was changed

What we see is likely the true initial growth spurt of the game, one I'd have assumed have happened months and months ago and on Android, but has not until now, and in fact seems to be driven more by the Nutaku version's need to expand, at least somewhat to cover mobile -> Adult gap, than the mobile which ran as is, with a few season event for ½ a year (others with more mobile version experience can correct me if I am wrong on the last part there).

Last edited:

companion

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

My experience with light tanks is that they don't work well with the current (basic) game engine.

It is a straight up slugging match most of the time, mixed here and there with various simple snipe or bait tricks to steal wins on based AI limitations.

Light tanks tend to die in that environment. They cant take the hits, cant reliably avoid them, cant survive things that spawn on them at the boss, take up precious space in the roster, and at same or at most +1 cost one can put out a medium tank that will do an better job at pretty much anything.

If the game counted them at ½ a spot in the line up or priced them at 1 to max 2 gears to allow swarming tactics or added terrain that needed them, maybe they'd work ok or even well.

Have a 4* M24 Chaffee, lvl20, +20% attack speed aura for 20 seconds. Great skill. Gave up on her.

She dies if anything looks at her and no matter how much range I gave her to get her away from enemies ... she'd end up in the ball or front or flank or whatever sooner or later = Splat.

Put in a 3* medium instead. Plain as a wooden plank. Boring as oatmeal without sugar. +14% dmg skill /snooze. That 3* is nearing retirement now at lvl31 due to my 4*s coming up in levels to replace my 3*s. Has performed totally average and entirely solid the entire way. Can push, can hold, can dps, can deathball, can take a few hits too. none of it done well. but all of it solid and can even exp well as she has a couple of copies in her.

Lights are often (but not always) rather hopeless outside of dedicated teams and tactics currently.

Anyways, Lin can put out a lot of damage in a short time frame and has good penetration built in and an armor debuff that will stack real fast under the skill. If her skill is on short initial timer, so that it can be used reliably as needed, use her as a 4*+ TD. Because she is essentially a Tank Destroyer disguised as a light and at a lights cost and a lights passive.

Try looking at the 4* M18 Hellcat TD, she is an M18 Hellcat copy, but at 3 gears cost instead of 4 gears, with higher base damage and with a decent passive on top. Basically you rolled the best light for general purpose use. Just remember to use her as a TD that is all really.

But Game engine need more depth to bring them on the field in general or set piece scripted events. Which given the backlog of tasks the game has, honestly, I don't see happening soon.
Thanks for the input. I retired my only arty in the active roster - SU-14 - for Type 64.
I guess I'll use arty again when alpha strike oriented ones like S-51 comes along.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks, and this time around I managed to make all the defenses in Final Devonis explode before losing welp. Its that goddamn stun bomb. I give up now I've wasted way too much oil that could've been used to level up my 3* girls.
So anyway, I finally got around to trying final map in Ocica, and all I have to say is you can give up all hope now.

There's no stun bomb, but it's significantly harder than Devonis. :D

KuraScropia

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So anyway, I finally got around to trying final map in Ocica, and all I have to say is you can give up all hope now.

There's no stun bomb, but it's significantly harder than Devonis. :D
Rawr's the mvp, looking after our hopes and expectations!

Anyone try the emblem bundle? I don't expect much from it either, but between emblems and girls, I need emblems more.

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Haven't tried it and suggest not doing it just yet. I am in the process of testing the TD/ART scouting variant.

I am far from done, but seeing several persons feel somewhat urgent about emblems, here are the setup and conclusions so far, (setup, results and more inside spoiler tag)

Setup
- 4 Scouting slots
- 3 TD and 1 ART used
- TD can carry 2 Emblems, ART can carry 3.

Method
- All Scouts are sent out at the same time and returned at the same time (easier handling. sub optimizing for each scout becomes a huge burden)
- The team is told to return when most or all of them are filled with Emblems (Usually when the 3 TD are filled or 2 TD filled and ART has some emblems too).

Observations
- The Emblem scout setup has bad resource performance, should be done for emblems only (obvious, but the resource performance is so bad that it is important to list.
- The team on average is able to run on a 2½ to 3 hour cycle. That is, they are normally able to find 2-3 Emblems each in 2+ to 2½ hour, return and then being sent out again at the 3 hour mark.
- The cycle suggest that it is possible to farm at 4 tanks at 2 emblems each 3 hours = 4 tanks x 2 Emblems x (24 hrs a day/3 hour cycle) = 64 Emblems a day (for a fanatic that does not sleep, I do) and also one with 5 scouting slots will be able to do about 80 emblems a day.
- The large harvest of 2* results in getting optimal emblems at that level and in time likely at the 3* too, which has allowed me to replace sub optional emblems (hello Rotation and Move ete) of the next tier with optimal 2*/3*

Note

- There are usually no emblems found at all in the first 1½ hour. Suspect some code at work, rolls overwhelmingly come after that time and often suspiciously close to each other in time (maybe same or near same heartbeat used across tanks).

Results (42 Emblems - still running)
1* 17 Emblems
2* 19 Emblems
3* 5 Emblems
4* 1 Emblem
5* 0 Emblem

It is too few Emblems to be a proper sample. So there is a large uncertainty if the results are good or screwed to one side or the other.
That is if there is too few or too many drops in a category, especially the rarer 3*, 4* and 5* (obviously the 5* is too low at 0)

Compare this to the Emblem package in the shop : 5 Emblems at 70% for a 3*, 22% for a 4* and 8% for a 5*
And draw conclusions from that.

Though my sample is way too low in numbers yet and will continue to run, it seems the shop package is about 2/3s to 1 day of emblem scouting worth as far as the 4* tier go and unknown for the 5* tier. Of course the scouting will give a helluva lot low tier emblems too of which some will be optimal combos.

Edit : Got curious and decided to try this. Maybe a bit odd given my annoyances with the game ... and a at times half dead forum, but anyways, got curious and maybe the data is of interest. I'll continue the test run some time for a larger sample.

---

Ocica maps have a 0.5% drop chance for 5* emblems and a select subgroup of tanks of the 5* type. But I reckon Rawr is already aware of that. Another super nice but also somewhat crazy move of the game, having its 5* life blood drop on a "free" map ... But since there is nothing else to do in the game for people having reached it besides the PoC, I reckon that the game has no other choice to tempt 5*s to keep people in it farming, essentially having them farming for the future (partly cloudy - short of an Aigis class event system and the missing 70% Adult artwork).

Edit 2 : Found the Tanks : JagdTiger, SturnTiger, T-92, Tiger II and Maus (again nuts, at least under normal circumstances, but their choice and maybe needed in their situation - Sorry if that sounds negative, but handing out your lifeblood is usually not a good idea unless you have a huge "replacement" art production and therefore can saturation bomb people into being hooked on your game or have a major DLC/Expansion lined to "usurp" the classic 5*'s position, in terms of what people want to spend money on, that you handed out for free)

---

For people doing PoC. The battle score bonus seems to be how many enemies you wiped. So if you are stuck from getting higher and want more points, you can run the enemy down in tanks to get a better score within the map level range you can actually do. Obviously at the cost of some tedium since it precludes using instant deathball to win. The time bonus will usually not drop enough to make it a poor deal.

Last edited:

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ocica maps have a 0.5% drop chance for 5* emblems and a select subgroup of tanks of the 5* type. But I reckon Rawr is already aware of that. Another super nice but also somewhat crazy move of the game, having its 5* life blood drop on a "free" map ... But since there is nothing else to do in the game for people having reached it besides the PoC, I reckon that the game has no other choice to tempt 5*s to keep people in it farming, essentially having them farming for the future (partly cloudy - short of an Aigis class event system and the missing 70% Adult artwork).
From what I saw on my first runs on Ocica

Enemy tank deployment included 2 Serens, 2 Maus, some misc tanks, along with several "Reavers" which appear to be a unique heavy unit since I couldn't find any info on them on the wiki.

Boss itself is a crystal that shoots out long range balls of energy that act like artilley shells. They were doing around 500-600 per hit to my med tanks with splash damage.

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Late map speed bump. Ocica is being farmed by Nutaku players according to their discord.
They do take large losses in doing so it seems, so it is not auto farm by any leap of imagination, but they farm it none the less.
All things given I assume those would be whales as you are a starting player and have an extra 5* from Day 1.

---

Passed Maunis and broke into road towards Devonis. Lack of Oil stopping march (emblem test means little scout oil).

The week feeding exp into the Maus made the rest of team strong enough to break Siegfried line #2 and Final in first attempt. Could have done it way before if not determined to xp Maus to lvl25 /shrug. Benefit of hindsight.

Maus still underperforms, 7 gears and no skill ready is just, difficult and situational, to work with, but at least reliably lives get skill going now and also game for some light to medium slugging afterwards.

Looking in their discord history, seems it will never change /shrug she was free not going to complain over getting her. But am annoyed that their poster girl heavy is not a better performer ... but w/e why should she be different.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hmm, seems that as of this week you need to clear the lv 40 portal of chaos every day to rank 1% now.

Which means you get the chance to fight everyone's favorite Gustav again. :D

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I dont' want to spend cores on emblem pack because if I do, that's less cores to spend and try to get Claudia with x.x