What's new

[Nutaku] Armor Blitz

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [Nutaku] Armor Blitz

I dont' want to spend cores on emblem pack because if I do, that's less cores to spend and try to get Claudia with x.x
Pfft, forget rolling for tanks, I'm still trying to get that 5th factory slot. <.<

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Pfft, forget rolling for tanks, I'm still trying to get that 5th factory slot. <.<
Why are you trying to get that 5th factory slot, it costs 2700 cores for no real gain? You give up about three 10+1 pulls for that 5th factory slot.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Why are you trying to get that 5th factory slot, it costs 2700 cores for no real gain? You give up about three 10+1 pulls for that 5th factory slot.
For that tiny chance to get a 5* tank from factory production. :p

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Beneath the Ice - 2 is a bit of a jump on the old power scale.

Double scarabs that can also nuke the commander, buffed by corruption crystal and backed up by an artillery. And an AI that manages to push 10 units out to my 5. Seems like a bit of a jump.

Guess I'll be there for a bit or more.

Update on the scouting

Results (60 Emblems - stopped and switched to normal scouting)
1* 26 Emblems
2* 27 Emblems
3* 5 Emblems
4* 2 Emblem
5* 0 Emblem

Going to stop the dedicated Emblem Scouting. Hurts my oil too much and seems to have garnered little interest. So will simply do normal scouting and add things up now and then.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What. Are you saying that the reason final devonis was such a cockblock is because that stun effect which lingers after the initial explosion graphic went away O-o No wonder why.

Cuz I just tore it apart on my first try today. I was like, where's those patch notes after winning for the first time.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think my Sturmtiger is doing okay. Can't wait for it to level up some more.

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Some tidbits from their Discord,

- (developer) still in discussion on the details but going to drop the oil cost significantly for PoC.

- (developer) going to start adding new features and we want people to be able to do other stuff than being tied to PoC constantly.

- (developer, my recollection of it) oil buy in shop is discounted 35%(?) for at least another week. If a success it may become permanent.

- (my understanding from various comments) it looks like Event(s?) are coming end of Sep.

Well. Can't complain over that*. moving in the right direction.

*Of course one could argue, should have been in game at launch, and that would be true, but dead horse. Cannot change the past.

Looks like game is bulking out in the right places. What is needed is to nail the event implementation (and its rewards) and add an event cycle, while hopefully doing the game, the game team, and its players good. Done well. Should give solid base for a steady run.

---

I'd caution on the overly high expectation side for here and now now now, it is a small team running this game, by simple resource constraints ex time and manpower, they'd have to work things in over time (my interpretation) in comparison to ex. running entire project teams as the bigger titles would.

---

I seem to recall some stuck at Maunis - final. Well. I dont have pre-reg bonus and at 1½ month I am past Maunis (took some days of levelling though) and Devonis (was toned down, second attempt succeeded after two days levelling) and getting beat up on the path to Ocica (with a 2 x 3*, 12 x 4* and 1 x 5* team).

So there is hope for all. Roadblocks are simply sudden and seem very steep due to prior maps pacing being a bit too low and the boss map maybe a bit too high. Use White North - 1 for grind. No enemy fortifications. Quick fights. To the west of Maunis. That and PoC for a week really helped a ton before swinging towards Maunis.

(Maunis Final and Devonis final should be treated as that old Aigis map where the 3 liches, undead gate think its name is, marched out and kicked ones behind until one had levelled and toughed up etc).

Personally I have found that my prior annoyances also fade, if I play the game on and off with some level up periods put in.

By putting in a few maps grind, then a break till much later in the day, and ending the day with trying to push some maps forward and letting the repair tick again, it becomes much more enjoyable. Also realizing that dps works wonders for scouting, even better than durability (if your dps beats enemy = way way less damage taken scouting) and not worrying too much about optimizing it, makes for a more relaxed experience.

Last edited:

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Picked up an nice crit multiper 4* emblem today. I was able to use it and then shift the dps emblems around and overall dps of my team went up as the result of that lucky scout. Gain of almost 100 DPS spread over few girls.

StarkeBlade

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Anyone else getting absolutely destroyed on The Reavers? (map right before Ocica)

I keep getting death balled, I'm assuming because I only have 2 AoE tanks in my lineup.... Can anyone give me any suggestions? Here's my current lineup.

Last edited:

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Anyone else getting absolutely destroyed on The Reavers? (map right before Ocica)

I keep getting death balled, I'm assuming because I only have 2 AoE tanks in my lineup.... Can anyone give me any suggestions? Here's my current lineup.

If getting deathballed is the problem for you, swap an AMX-40 into your party. She got major buffs last patch so she's perfect for deahtball defense at 3 cost.

Basically, it'll go like this

1. See enemy deathball coming
2. Deploy AMX-40
3. Pop skill just before AMX-40 reaches enemy range
4. Deploy your arty behind her

The change to AMX-40 basically removed the starting cooldown on her skill. So now she can immediately use invincibility after deployment and it lasts for 10 seconds, so even if she's level 1 she's useful unless you let the enemy kill her first. As long as her skill is up she takes 1 damage from everything so as long as you can aoe the deathball you should pull through.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hmm, based on the results of this weeks portal ranking, I don't think the lowered oil cost achieved what they were going for.

I estimate for next week, instead of having to clear up to lv 40 portal I'll have to now clear up to lv 50+ portal to rank in the top 1%.

So instead of getting more oil for doing normal stages, most of the extra oil is going into even more portal levels.

Then again, for people who aren't in the top 1%, maybe it did help them out.

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Because the timing is off.

Since there is nothing else to do for that segment of the player base, the oil simply goes the usual place.

For the middle segment where I likely am at, the change helped, but mostly by making more oil available for grind, since am stuck on the trail to Ocica.
Which is also rather less than perfect, more so since it takes a huge amount of grind to level tanks around 30 and forward (lacking good means of single tank levelling is an issue too).

For the last segment it is likely a fine idea and they are plenty happy at least until hitting one of the sudden power up spikes or the level curve brake around 30.

So it is sort of fine and nice but hits limitations in the game's framework to do its work at 100%.

Which as always loops back to that the game need to get its events out. And then cycle them, while expanding and bulking the game out.

The first event should be next week, Invasion type. No idea what that is.

Last edited:

StarkeBlade

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Yeah, I'm where Nesse is and it's very helpful since all my oil isn't going to the portal and I can actually level my units on other maps now.

AMX worked Rawr, although since I ended the map watching Scarlett burn down the last few hps of the boss, which she did, but only with 11 seconds left. So I think I'll hold off on the next two Reaper maps till I've gotten a few more levels.....

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

AMX worked Rawr, although since I ended the map watching Scarlett burn down the last few hps of the boss, which she did, but only with 11 seconds left. So I think I'll hold off on the next two Reaper maps till I've gotten a few more levels.....
She's a really good emergency tank. Although I think her skill description is wrong when it says 10 seconds. It feels more like 5 or so to me.

On a side note, I think I'll manage to remain in top 1% this week.

No idea how it'll be next week though.

Last edited:

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

There are some drop outs in the top rankings and in PoC in general according to the discord. So odds are the power increase over time is partially offset by the dropping out.

Wild guess would be unchanged but needing to do more maps each day.

Event obviously being the joker in either direction since a success would bring "old" and wait and see players back and a failure would the opposite.

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Have hit outskirts of Ocica at the start of the 7 week mark.
Which means I am hitting the end of the content.

As this is done with only a single (niche, non-effective) 5* and no bonus, I can only imagine the tenacity required for a Day 1 player still fighting (11? weeks).

Event will be just in time for me. For a starter less so, short of being a portal crusader.

Last edited:

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'd say my luck in this game is pretty high. Made my first 5* in factory a few days ago, and then got my 5* login reward today. I'm pretty surprised that I have yet to get a dupe 5*.

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Well ... The Invasion Event turns out to be a System, and not an event at all, according to their Blog and Discord History (after a bit of searching).
It is a permanent (it seems) extension to the game.

Basically an daily set of mission maps at the commanders level, with a fixed reward type that scales with level. And which is changed each week. Or that seems to be the intention.
Which is fine. The game needs something like that. Much more sophisticated, the current is the basic version of basic, but its a start.

But it also leaves the question of when it will get to the Event - Event Tank Cycle and an actual art production. Halloween maybe?

Also new artillery unit does not have a story. I am sorry, but does it make sense to release her then? On the mobile, yes?, but on Nutaku? No.

---

Warhammer II is out. Managed to put 150hrs into the first one. Think this is a good time (for me) to apply some wait and see while killing Skaven.

Last edited:

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It is factory research reset day for me so I woke!

Strumtiger....

I go back to sleep!