What's new

[Nutaku] Armor Blitz

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [Nutaku] Armor Blitz

Yes! Day 28 Login gave me an Centurion Mk5 instead of Jagdpanther again! Another blonde for my main army!!

PAAL

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Every single 5 star login/construction received has been a medium tank so far (T-62 / T-44 / Centurion Mk5 / Leopard 1a1)...

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well I managed to penetrate that Ocica's first battle. All those S-51s backed up by Conquerors is pretty annoying. Usually lose something everytime they fire for the first time. The S-51s that is.

That last pair managed to crater four tanks at once but StugIV/Pz4H was too faraway to get cratered so they finished off the conqueror/s-51 then landed the killing blow on enemy lieutenant.

stttar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The 6,000 oil that i just got from the sacrifice cauldron goal magically disappeared after a game crash.
Thanks.

ShinyAfro

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Is Panzerwerfer op? sounds german so i want it. Why can't i be german general & can i blueprint-buy german tanks as russia?
How do farm pumpkin spirit wings?

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is Panzerwerfer op? sounds german so i want it. Why can't i be german general & can i blueprint-buy german tanks as russia?
How do farm pumpkin spirit wings?
From what I can tell, it appears to be like Katyusha. Basically you deploy it, use it's skill to wreck the enemy, then it becomes useless after.

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Good to see an event - Even if it does seem to be a little close to an art "PvE PoC ladder now with map" for comfort.

But ok, qualifies for Event and is certainly not worse than other games version of farm events.
So fair enough.

Less good is getting kicked to Event map after PoC, poor game testing (edit : has been fixed)
They need a check list or better game testing, something seems to escape them each week for some time now.

Edit : Can see this has been solved now. Speedy resolution to their credit. But one do have to stress that not having it happen on a regular basis would be even better. Thursdays should not be game test day for the players (though mistakes can of course happen, some like these would be caught in a very simple test of mechanics)

Last edited:

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As someone who essentially dropped the game about two months ago: is there any point in coming back for this event?

KuraScropia

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

As someone who essentially dropped the game about two months ago: is there any point in coming back for this event?
Well, here's my take on this. It's basically grinding without doing it in Portal of Chaos. This event uses 3 currencies to grind: bat wings, ghosts, and pumpkins. Pumpkins you get by spending oil in maps you would grind outside of PoC while bat wings and ghosts are in this special map only, good thing this map does not use oil...But unlike PoC if your tanks go down, you'll have to wait.

You can sacrifice the bat wings, spirits, and pumpkins into 1 of 2 cauldrons for the exclusive tanks for the event, I believe. Both cauldrons have milestones that gives you extra things before you get the tank.

There is also an exchange that comes with the event that some rewards takes bat wings, ghosts, pumpkins, cores. A combination of two of them. Just eye-balling the rewards means the ones with cores are out of my hands. Two rewards in the exchange that would interest free players would be the exchange that acts like the gacha roll for emblems and tanks but does not cost cores. so you're grinding pumpkins, spirits, and bat wings. (Rewards in exchange are limited)

I honestly don't recommend coming back, since it seems like the same old to me, but you can try it for a little bit. I'm just sticking around because I want to force my masochistic self to fun some fun in this game. But instead of grinding PoC, i'm grinding The White North, Invasions that spanks my tanks and the new island which is a inverse PoC, no oil consumption but tank casualties.

/rant

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Everytime I click on tank details then press back button, the game crashes. This ahppens for anyone else?

Iwanako

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well, returned to the game because it FINALLY launched an event.

Good grief. Like, whoa. If you thought grinding was bad before get ready to wail in misery for this gem.

For me this is a big letdown. Hardly any story, gigantic amount of grinding(Which imo is the least fun event type) combined with a really meagre addition to the cast. Expect to be grinding for 100maps+ per girl.

I don't think this is going to tempt many people that quit to get back to playing tbh.

The only bright spot I spotted is that it allows starting players to basically, every now and then, "roll 3*+ tanks for free" if they grind enough tokens. Which is a nice addition to the construction queue for them.

Myon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yup, tried it too and oh well, where to even begin....

It uses the same model as the Portal of Chaos and has the same issue, namely that you have to waste time every day doing some very easy stages until you get towards one or two fights which are challenging but doable and then you get a battle where an enemy panzerwerfer or two, or three randomly spawns and just kills all your deployed units at once.

Basically the devs still use a difficulty cliff instead of a difficult curve.

The Halloween remix of the main theme sounds good, the splash art for the event is great, you get some starting story which makes you interested and then... nothing. No more story (why? writing text is fairly cheap and you already have the character images) and the same old boring battle system.

So you need to grind all the 20 days of the event to get a light tank and an arty (and you can't even perfect them without spending money, on the first event the game has!) which are both tank types that aren't very useful. And then you will have to level them sloooowly over weeks until they even begin to be useable.

Sorry to say but that doesn't make me interested in the game again. :(

Iwanako

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Tried to give the event maps a fair chance. Ended up even more disappointed.

Devs haven't learned how to balance yet it seems. First four stages are laughably easy, beginners will manage fine. That's 2400 points towards your shiny 5* tank per bar per day.

21 days on the clock will net you, drumroll please... Juuust the second reward.
Congratualations, you get a 5* emblem per route and some random tickets. And 400 cores so you get to unlock a factory slot at least.

So, new players are shafted. They need to get 80.000 pumpkins to unlock a single version of 1 of their 2 tanks. Beginners are NOT going to be able to do that.

People with an okay(lv25-30 4&5* tanks with sensible emblem choices) roster will clear the second set of stages without any true problems, a dead tank here or there because lolbalance, but they'll manage. That's 4800 points per day into their tank-bank account. If you religiously do each route for all 8 batles you roughly ding the third tier of rewards. Congratualations, you get the girls. If you didn't skip a day at least...

Don't worry though. The third set of battles still yield 2 tokens per fight but this time they have their trusted "Throw OP stuff at them until either team runs out". Combine that with the pumpkins suddenly becoming half-map radius machine AT guns and of course minibosses for enemy commanders and SUCH JOY TO BE HAD.

I managed to slog my way through 3 of those 4 fights because 300k bank and 90k metal so w/e... And noped straight out of the fourth fight. 5* spam galore.

I can now reliably say that anyone that quitted before getting a lv30ish 4* roster will have ZERO reason to come back for this event because they're not going to be getting the 2 girls up for grab unless they grind for the full 3 weeks. And if they liked grinding the game they'd probably not have quit. Shame...

Last edited:

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Based on reports the maps scale on commander level.
So shouldn't be too bad for beginning players (but it will mean the last maps scale beyond the player always)

Also the rewards are 5* tanks.
And there are 4* rolls underway.

So not as bad as it can look at first.

Game simply comes off more severe until one realizes that it is 5* units being handed out (almost any game out there would require epic grind for their top units if they even hand them out in events that is).

But. That said.

It is somewhat too grindy and it really does need the Devs to go look at some of the other games around - many of the problems are some that are already solved elsewhere and perpetuating the game's story map or PoC map approach in events is not needed.

Something as simple as using an event page instead of a map to select mission would do the trick or remembering how far the player has cleared and then allow any mission below that to be selected would do too.

This would allow players to fight the missions that are of relevance to them and not regrind each single mission PoC style - Scaling the drops to the mission level would fix drops and keep overgrinding down - which burns out players

(but currently they have tied the reset - core cost to each other - which sort of hard links them to this setup. unneeded, other setups could push core cost and remove the regrind each map problem)

A better formatting would also help a ton in framing the story and characters.

ex.

Landing on the Haunted Isle (lvl1. to lvl 10 missions)
Story bit : Introduction and chance for existing characters to get some screen time.

Ghosts and Pumpkins - Ghostly pumpkins? (lvl 10 to lvl20 missions + pumpkin boss)
Story Bit : How the ghosts have infected the pumpkins and the pumpkin king, boss fight, role in it. Also introducing Panzer Werfer as she is tied to Ghosts.

Did that Bat just move? (lvl20 to lvl30 missions)
Story bit : There is more to it than the pumpkin king. Introduction of the the Satan event tank, tied to bat wings, which turns out to have sprayed the pumpkins with fire and opened the door to all hallows eve.

All Hallows Eve! (lvl30 to lvl40 missions and ultimate boss missions)
Story bit : How the Corruption has infected all hallows eve and the dead pumpkin king and facing off against a corruption boss and the (burned) undead pumpkin that is now lord of pumpkins everywhere

Imho, it is a pattern of theirs. They are sort of stuck in the original framework, keeping expanding it in a basic - less basic pattern but still within the basic pattern - grind this chain of maps, repeat. Which due to missing story, adult content and time passed becomes too pronounced, the player simply spends too much time farming and re-farming between story bits, babes and rewards.

Because it is a farming event in an farming game and it is the only event seen, the player reaction becomes muted and worries arise, than say, if there had been non-farming events and then this came. Then the reaction would have been "yeah ok, there'll be some farming events now and then in the cycle and this is one of them" as when one gets an item collection in Aigis.

Think it is an OK first step this. But it is basic, leans too much on concepts of redoing maps from scratch each day and lacks some sugar coated frosting on the cake so to speak.

Last edited:

clov

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

3 weeks grind? level scaling to commander? PoC style without oil costs?

Why

Maybe the first 2 isnt so bad but the PoC style....nope not gonna redl

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Since people seem to be having some trouble with event I made a couple example videos

Haunted Path 13

Haunted Path 14

My strategy is literally punch a hole in their defense and kill their leader before shit hits the fan.

I'm not sure if I can actually win vs lv 60 tanks though. I mean that's kinda excessive considering my highest tanks still aren't even level 40, and my newer 5*s still don't even have proper emblems so realistically I only have one usable heavy tank.

To be honest I think I need more long range 100% accuracy skill tanks though. Unfortunately I only have stug/centurion for that right now.