Reputation score
Re: [Nutaku] Crystal Maidens

grumble mumble Micah... grumble double rares... grumble mumble

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

grumble mumble Micah... grumble double rares... grumble mumble
Actually, it's not too uncommon for hard apparently. Both rares are 50% chance.

Also my Micah is so far behind in levels I'm basically doing maps with 3 people. :p

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, I can't beat the level 60 boss. It's not even the boss, it's the huge group of ranged attackers. They focus fire my entire team down while those idiots keep thrashing the summoned skeletons and then the enemies heal themselves back. I got like 10 seconds left by the time I managed to grind my wy through them.

Also, the game started to crash to today. So far I had 5 "out fo memory" crashes, all of them at the very end of maps I would've beaten otherwise. This never happened before. I know Opera isn't the intended browser, but my usual VPN doesn't play friendly with this game, so I can't switch to Firefox...

xaxs

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think it's time for me to stop farming bosses and go though lvls now :p

Edit: Just got that out of memory crash, but I also can't log in into dmm Aigis so it might not be the game's fault.

Edit2: Checked hard mode... not worth it yet. Getting one shoted isn't cool. Gonna farm some items for now and lvl them up together with new maiden.

Last edited:

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Edit2: Checked hard mode... not worth it yet. Getting one shoted isn't cool. Gonna farm some items for now and lvl them up together with new maiden.
Honestly, best way to tackle hard mode is to have one tank and 3 ranged. Dodge tank preferred since not getting hit helps a lot more than being able to take a hit. You just need to know mob skill cooldowns and animations so you can pick up your tank before they get hit, because most skills are ohko.

xaxs

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That's good advice. That's why I'm going for 3 stars on all easy maps and lvl up a bit maidens and their equipment for now.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That's good advice. That's why I'm going for 3 stars on all easy maps and lvl up a bit maidens and their equipment for now.
Aim for at least lv 10 on hard mode then. 50% chance on both rare items and you can do it every hour. Rare items give like 10x the exp of normals.

Edit: On a side note, anyone know the effects of defense?

Kinda curious how the reduction works.

Last edited:

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

The very first stage is strangely hard (and harder than most of the following stages). You can cheese it by getting a bait in the middle row while you sneak your melees past it (with the top and bottom row) so they can destroy the crystal while avoiding the orc. The rest is not as hard.

The boss lvl 10 is good, but bosses starting lvl 20 have 1% chance to drop legendary, so you may want to focus on them instead.

@Rawr: 8x actually. Legendary is 100x common.

Also, from quick tests (tested 0, 100 and 200 def), defense seems to be 1% reduction per 100 def. So it's not really noticeable.

xaxs

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The very first stage is strangely hard (and harder than most of the following stages). You can cheese it by getting a bait in the middle row while you sneak your melees past it (with the top and bottom row) so they can destroy the crystal while avoiding the orc. The rest is not as hard.

The boss lvl 10 is good, but bosses starting lvl 20 have 1% chance to drop legendary, so you may want to focus on them instead.

@Rawr: 8x actually. Legendary is 100x common.

Also, from quick tests (tested 0, 100 and 200 def), defense seems to be 1% reduction per 100 def. So it's not really noticeable.

Yup, just did second hard lvl and it was... much much easier, totally no problem to get 3*.

@Rawr, thanks for the tip, gonna try that then.
@Keyen, well 60lvl boss also has leg item so I'm still going to get him once every... those couple hours ;p

Keyen

Reputation score

@Keyen, well 60lvl boss also has leg item so I'm still going to get him once every... those couple hours ;p
Well, go ahead, it's only 15 stamina when hard bosses need 20, but the cooldown is much shorter in hard (3H for the first one dropping legendary).

Anyway, it's not like they were exclusive to each other.

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Honestly, best way to tackle hard mode is to have one tank and 3 ranged. Dodge tank preferred since not getting hit helps a lot more than being able to take a hit. You just need to know mob skill cooldowns and animations so you can pick up your tank before they get hit, because most skills are ohko.
Well, I'm running around with two melee, Nuka and the healer chick. I guess I should switch out the thief girl for the ice mage. I was thinking about the builder, but unlike the necromancer's skeletons, her cannons don't move so I don't see them being too useful in anything else than bossfights.

Problem is that if I switch out units, then I can spend the next couple of days leveling them out for them to be of any use.

Currently my tactic is baiting out opponents preferably one by one and healing up between fights. To achieve that I have the healer's skill on lvl 11, so she essentially full heals everyone. I'd just need some decent cooldown reduction equipment her.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Currently my tactic is baiting out opponents preferably one by one and healing up between fights. To achieve that I have the healer's skill on lvl 11, so she essentially full heals everyone. I'd just need some decent cooldown reduction equipment her.
I stopped using my healer personally because max level heal wasn't doing much to my tank's 400k+ hp. Not to mention some hard enemies 1 shot that anyway.

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I stopped using my healer personally because max level heal wasn't doing much to my tank's 400k+ hp. Not to mention some hard enemies 1 shot that anyway.
Well, lol, I don't have that much health on anyone. I think my max health is around 170k or so and the healer can heal for 150k or so. I should open the game to check the numbers, but I've just closed down opera and am about to hit the bed, so I'm not bothering with restarting my PC for that.

xaxs

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I can't find use for Luna or Heet and it doesn't mean that their lvl is low. Just... somehow I think it would be much better to use Helen+Suzume+Roxelana+Althea team and eventually swap Suzume/Althea with Nuka.

Edit: Ok, now that I'm thinking about that than if Heet or Luna can get higher attack than Althea and I won't care for 3* than I might have some use of them.

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, I throw the thief girl out and took the ice mage in. Honestly, it'll take days for her to be useful, but I hope it pays out.

Also, I just realised that I can actually control where to drop the AoE attacks.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I can't find use for Luna or Heet and it doesn't mean that their lvl is low. Just... somehow I think it would be much better to use Helen+Suzume+Roxelana+Althea team and eventually swap Suzume/Althea with Nuka.

Edit: Ok, now that I'm thinking about that than if Heet or Luna can get higher attack than Althea and I won't care for 3* than I might have some use of them.
As someone who leveled Luna just because Catgirl. Her damage is more or less equal to Nuka at 3 hearts. No idea if that last heart will make a huge difference, but she's not that great.

The only thing she has going for her is her attacks are splash, so if you're tanking like 3-4 enemies together, or vs a bunch of archers sitting on each other she can hit all of them. Also good vs the necromancer guys who raise a bunch of skeletons.

Skill is terrible though, takes way too long to cast, and the damage isn't that great.

Keyen

Reputation score

Well, I throw the thief girl out and took the ice mage in. Honestly, it'll take days for her to be useful, but I hope it pays out.

Also, I just realised that I can actually control where to drop the AoE attacks.
Honestly, don't do that. Suzume is a monster.

OP
Angelic Berserker
Reputation score

when exactly does she become a monster? all I ever see her do is die.