What's new

[Nutaku] Crystal Maidens

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: [Nutaku] Crystal Maidens

She require some micro management, but her dps is 200% worth it, actually. Sorry if you are not able to draw her potential :/

I doubt you can progress far in hard mode without her or some legendary draws (Like Micah). You just don't have enough damage.

OP
Angelic Berserker
Reputation score

yea but when does she become a monster, you never actually answered the question.

Keyen

Reputation score

When you get her some stuff (nothing far fetched, just 3 white items, the white sword with +50% damage or the preregister sword, the white shield with +40% HP and the armor with +50% HP. The upgrade to lvl 5 is quick enough. The helm can help, but is not that good).
She naturally hits like a truck, and that's enough for her to tank a bit (but Helen should take th brunt of it anyway).

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ahhhh shit, just upgraded my item storage to level 6 and didn't realize it takes forever. Locked out of building upgrades for 12 hours now. :D

xaxs

Tentacle God
Reputation score

When you get her some stuff (nothing far fetched, just 3 white items, the white sword with +50% damage or the preregister sword, the white shield with +40% HP and the armor with +50% HP. The upgrade to lvl 5 is quick enough. The helm can help, but is not that good).
She naturally hits like a truck, and that's enough for her to tank a bit (but Helen should take th brunt of it anyway).
My Leg sword went to Helen because of her higher dmg. And I see you're saying to give her Suzume quite the hp boost. Why not trying to maximize her dodge? At least that's what I thought and trying to do, because she has quite nice basic dodge so...

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My Leg sword went to Helen because of her higher dmg. And I see you're saying to give her Suzume quite the hp boost. Why not trying to maximize her dodge? At least that's what I thought and trying to do, because she has quite nice basic dodge so...
When you start getting Rare/legendary items you're gonna be getting more dodge along with hp anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much early on.

xaxs

Tentacle God
Reputation score

When you start getting Rare/legendary items you're gonna be getting more dodge along with hp anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much early on.
Depends on the item. From what I saw those stats that are earlier or in worse rarity items have better max stat. Anyway the thing with Suzume is overall, if it's worth going for dodge for her or not ;)

Sorry if I'm writing chaotically or if there's anything else wrong or weird just... I'm a bit tired and writing in that condition in foreign language that one does not use usually can be quite exhausting, I must admit.

Keyen

Reputation score

I was talking about white items. You can pick dodge items, but... It's actually 50% HP vs 3% dodge. Not really a contest. Same for weapons, 50% damage vs 5 attack speed is no match.

And the leg sword doesn't really matter. A lvl 5 white sword is nearly as good as the prereg lvl 1 leg sword.

However, if Helen has a slightly better base damage, Suzume has 50% more attack speed. If you get a true good sword, you should give it to suzume.

xaxs

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I was talking about white items. You can pick dodge items, but... It's actually 50% HP vs 3% dodge. Not really a contest. Same for weapons, 50% damage vs 5 attack speed is no match.

And the leg sword doesn't really matter. A lvl 5 white sword is nearly as good as the prereg lvl 1 leg sword.

However, if Helen has a slightly better base damage, Suzume has 50% more attack speed. If you get a true good sword, you should give it to suzume.
I think I have problems today with... processing informations. Got that all what you wrote here a bit before I read that. And of course, you are right with that. I think I'll change things a bit. And gonna think about dodge later on.

Keyen

Reputation score

And... Finally finished the hard mode as a F2P player.
Back to farming :p

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So no harder mode or anything? :(

Oh well.

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How the fuck are you guys this damn efficient at this? Seriously, how? I've been playing from day 1, didn't really wast resources and I can't even beat the lvl 60 normal boss. I can't use my skill points, because every single character needs theirs leveled, but I don't have the money, because leveling the buildings siphoned it all away. And no, I haven't even leveled the elemental buildings.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How the fuck are you guys this damn efficient at this? Seriously, how? I've been playing from day 1, didn't really wast resources and I can't even beat the lvl 60 normal boss. I can't use my skill points, because every single character needs theirs leveled, but I don't have the money, because leveling the buildings siphoned it all away. And no, I haven't even leveled the elemental buildings.
Are you dodging the boss skill? If not you'll wipe.

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Are you dodging the boss skill? If not you'll wipe.
No they don't. Most units have a 20-25% dodge rate. I mostly leveled items that give them HP, since that seemed less chance based. So should i switch to boosting dodge rate then?

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No they don't. Most units have a 20-25% dodge rate. I mostly leveled items that give them HP, since that seemed less chance based. So should i switch to boosting dodge rate then?
The boss you're vs in particular, does a LONG animation as he charges up his skill. You literally let him start charging his skill, then pick up your unit and hold it until he finishes his skill, then you drop them back down to tank. You can do this to pretty much any enemy skill if you know their skill animation/timing.

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The boss you're vs in particular, does a LONG animation as he charges up his skill. You literally let him start charging his skill, then pick up your unit and hold it until he finishes his skill, then you drop them back down to tank. You can do this to pretty much any enemy skill if you know their skill animation/timing.
I guess I should pay more attention to that then. It is problematic with two melee units, especially since even the ranged ones close in on it slowly, but I can try.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I guess I should pay more attention to that then. It is problematic with two melee units, especially since even the ranged ones close in on it slowly, but I can try.
If you got 2 melee units, drop one far away then pick up the other. The aoe will be focused on whoever the boss was targeting and the other shouldn't get hit.

xaxs

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@The Overgoat, they are just nuts :p I'm stuck on 13th lvl of hard mode right now myself. No way to go much farther even if I do my best.

Keyen

Reputation score

Basically:
-I didn't waste any stamina (or close to it). Even counting sleep, I probably wasted less than 30 stamina due to overflow (and levelup overflow) over the 8 last days. That's personal, but what you can do:
-I progressed as soon as I could. You get better and better coins/stamina ratio as you progress. So, the further you are, the better.
-As soon as I hit a wall (not like "oh fuck, i'm close", but "Oh fuck, I got crushed really hard"), i'm farming the last bosses for a couple of levels. Dont suicide yourself over a too difficult stage. I was lvl 39 (maidens) when I saw for the first time the boss lvl 60, but I was lvl 42 when I finally killed him.
-The lvl 10 boss in hard mode is really good (if you can't go further) for grinding. The CD is really short (shorter than the stamina you need for him), lot of coins, lot of maiden exp, lot of everything.
-As said before, you HAVE to master the grabbing dodge. You get crushed really, really hard if you don't. You can't progress in hard mode, one shot are everywhere (but with winding up time).
-Upgrade white items with damage or HP. That's cheap and the bonus are pretty consequent.
-The game can't be beaten by overgrinding. The level cap is 60 for maidens, and I was there around the lvl 30 hard. And the lvl 31 in hard mode was still a fucking hell (I tried it around 6 or 7 times)
-Elemental camps are really strong. You should upgrade them. If you don't have the coins, go back farm some bosses.

After that... Can't give more advices, sorry.

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

After that... Can't give more advices, sorry.
Thank you, this was plenty! I guess my main issue was the lack of control during fights. The battlefield was so small and I always felt clumsy doing any micro. Then about two minutes ago I accidentally realised that I can zoom in and now I feel incredibly stupid.:rolleyes:

On a positive side, the devs updated the game so now you can skip quests and the cost of skill upgrades has been seriously reduced. As in Althea's next skill was over 14k in the morning, now it's 8921. (Some interestingly specific numbers...) So, yay, they are listening to feedback!

Edit: Got into hard mode. Beating the first few levels was not difficult, but eventually three starring them... yeah, that'll take some practice. It feels like everybody is throwing around instakill AoE moves. I really want to three star the final boss of easy mode for the trophy, that 2 days cooldown though... It'll take a while to get that legendary sword with it's 1% droprate is all I'm saying.

Last edited: