What's new

[Nutaku] Duel Squad

danryd

Sex Demon
Reputation score
So this is a new game on Nutaku, Grand Opening was tonight (Jan 25/26).

...It IS Dragon Tactics 2.0, just with a different story and monster girls. Will update in future with FAQ, etc.

Skill System:
Each unit can have up to 4 skill slots, in addition to a passive that does not change. Most, if not all DO NOT start with all 4 slots available.
Whenever you fuse, each skill going into the recipient has a percentage to be "Inherited". The recipient gets to choose what skills are kept out of all the inherited ekillss fused into him/her and the skills already equipped.

Instead of the Warrior->Mage->Archer->Warrior, it is a Fire->Wood->Water->Fire

"Fuse all R and below" WILL ALWAYS choose those rarity, whether you lock them or not. The only way around that is to put them in your deck (or select another fuse option).

And fusing 2 of the same cards works differently than Dragon Tactics : it's just 1 fusion option, whether it's random fodder or a "2 of the same card combo".
In the help section, it says there are Guild titles, so I expect to see guilds coming sooner or later.

On a side note, I likely won't play this much/at all due to personal time constraints, but I WILL keep updating this and follow this thread to see when anyone wants me to add something.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [Nutaku] Duel Squad

It is basically Dragon Tactics with monster (girls) .....

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well damn didn't expect it to come out so soon after Hitsuji.

EcchiSuki

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well I like the art better than dragon tactics, makes me want to quit tactics and go over here.
odd that there are no raid boss or guild lol

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That makes you the opposite of me then. I liked Dragon Tactics art better, but there's just waaaaay to many males. Well that and I couldn't counter Asuka. :p

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

For those playing : beware when fusing using the "Fuse all R and below", it will sometimes pick up cards you have locked (might be a bug or locking a girl doesn't leave her out of the fusion choices) .......

And fusing 2 of the same cards works differently than Dragon Tactics : it's just 1 fusion option, whether it's random fodder or a "2 of the same card combo".

OP
danryd

danryd

Sex Demon
Reputation score

For those playing : beware when fusing using the "Fuse all R and below", it will sometimes pick up cards you have locked (might be a bug or locking a girl doesn't leave her out of the fusion choices) .......

Gonna copy pasta into OP. Worded it better than I would have.

nonamesleft

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I would have thought they would make money if, rather than put all the resources they used to make a virtually identical game, they put them into improving the original one, or make one that separates itself. Not that I am an expert on the economics of these types of games.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I would have thought they would make money if, rather than put all the resources they used to make a virtually identical game, they put them into improving the original one, or make one that separates itself. Not that I am an expert on the economics of these types of games.
Pretty sure both games have different devs.

OP
danryd

danryd

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Neither am I but.... They could learn a thing or 2 from you I think XD

nonamesleft

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Really? UI and game structure is nearly identical. I don't get why someone would bother to do such a faithful clone of a game that isn't a smash hit unless they already had access to the original code. In which case recreating it would be far less work.

Hentie

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Gonna pass on this one, Hitsuji is enough of a time sink and I just weaned off dragon Tactics heh.

The battle formation look simpler at 5v5 and there's no battle front rotation, but the cards itself has a skill slot and inheritance system.

You can already buy skill cards too lol =3

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Meh, boring. And also P2W with the multiple card-evolution thing. Just like DT. And I stopped playing DT after about two days.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'll probably pass on this one too.

EcchiSuki

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'm gonna give it a bit of a try and see if the events don't annoy me as much as tactics. I stopped bothering with normal raid bosses and don't bother spending stamina unless there's an event but it's kinda tiring.

I find this hard to believe XD I guess the dev was lacking originality? lol

Karsuman

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

There are a number of games that are practically identical on DMM.

IIRC, this isn't even one of the better clones, so I'll pass.

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score

caRdPGs pretty much get an auto-pass from me now

EcchiSuki

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'm fine as long as it has pretty characters :eek:

and I really suck in pvp in this game even though I have an UR lol.
I should probably read the guide... :confused:

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Atk/def is more important than card rarity, then level(s), then skills, then red/blue/green, and probably agility (speed at which cards act) .... Maybe not in that order though.

I was ~500k battle power and wrecked 700k+ in the PVP event ......

And you should change my quote in the 1st post : "Fuse all R and below" WILL ALWAYS choose those rarity, either you lock them or not. The only way around that is to put them in your deck (or select another fuse option).

Until further notice (or if anyone knows more), locking a card does nothing.

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm fine as long as it has pretty characters :eek:

and I really suck in pvp in this game even though I have an UR lol.
I should probably read the guide... :confused:
I use the auto deck organiser to get the most out of it, then I just maxed the SRs I got at the beginning and that's about it. I win about 70% of the matches, which is good enough.

I've decided to stick around for now. At least this one doesn't have the confusing as hell rotation crap. I'll never put money in it, nor am I particularly interested in minmaxing and this is going to be the first thing I'll drop if get less free time, but still, I'll give it a go. The only reason for that is because I love the art style. And because it really doesn't take much of a time.