What's new

RPG RPG Maker [ONEONE1] Dark Elf Historia / ダークエルフのヒストリア RE173356 RJ173356

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [ONEONE1] ダークエルフのヒストリア

Yeah, unlike nearly every other VX Ace game, in this one the dialogues are encrypted. They use a unique script that lets you hide them and the only way to decrypt them is by using a key only the developer knows. So the only way to translate their games is by fully rewriting everything, possibly through playing and reading the dialogues ingame(I once thought of trying it, but it's just too boring.)

I thought they did it because they didn't want the game to be available overseas, but now that they released one of their games on Steam, it seems they actually do want our dirty gaijin money.

It's their loss to be honest. Back when I translated Mizuna, there was interest in publishing it on Nutaku, and now the game is available for everyone. If they weren't trying so hard to hide their games' databases from us, I'm pretty sure I'd have worked on at least one of them, and others might have worked on the rest of their games. Instead, I read how bad their machine translation is everywhere.
yeah, I already get steam version and it's BAD ...
tried to proofreading it to fix all that bad translation ...
BUT IT SCRIPTED !
the only good translation probably only at opening ...
the rest become crap ...

in case they too stingy to pay pateron translator ...
Or professional licensed translator worker ... (this pro usually works on translating education book and such ... they paid nicely for their work)

they should at least ask one of free translator in ULMF can do that better ...

Last edited:

Ishman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Here's his twitter where you can tell him the translation is shit.
twitter.com/oneone1go

Could also ask him for the encryption key or decrypted files so we can have a go at it.

But yeah, this happens a lot lately, they pay top dollar for a chinese translation company and get top dollar chinese quality, some guy chained to a desk underground with only a box of cigarettes and the threat that all nine generations of his family will be killed if he doesn't work harder keeping him going.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Sinflower: if you're still reading this: how did you repack main.rvdata2 after unpacking ? Cause while there's a fairly simple way of unpacking it, repacking looks a bit more tricky.

Sinflower

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Sinflower: if you're still reading this: how did you repack main.rvdata2 after unpacking ? Cause while there's a fairly simple way of unpacking it, repacking looks a bit more tricky.

I used the TES patcher I wrote:

Explanation:
1) Extract the game data so that the Data folder containing a bunch of .rvdata2 files is accessible
2) Copy TES_Patcher.exe into the game base directory (the directory containing Game.exe and the Data folder)
3) Open a command line in the folder and run:
TES_Patcher.exe -e

This will extract the encrypted dialogs and save them into several different text files inside the folder "extract_main"
The used patching file format is similar to the one from RPGMakerTrans e.g. just insert your translation in the blank section
between > VALUE ID: and > END STRING and as with RPGMakerTrans don't touch any of the other stuff, it might break something during
the patching process.

Once the translation is done run:
TES_Patcher.exe -p
This will then replace the original text with the translated text or leave it as the original if the translated text is empty.

After the patching is done a file called main.rvdata2 will be created in the game main directory, this is the patched
version of the original main.rvdata2 file (main.rvdata2 contains the encrypted dialogs) just copy it into the folder
containing the original main.rvdata2 file (make sure to create a backup of the original main.rvdata2 file just in
case something went wrong). Once the patched file is copied the translated dialogs should show up in the game.

For a list of available commands run:
TES_Patcher.exe -h

PS: Use the -m switch if main.rvdata2 is not inside the data folder.

Last edited:

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Sinflower: OK, so - if I understand the ruby code correctly - in case of those using wfscript.dll, you need that lib too while using your script ?

Of course, following your description of how the executable is to be used, I guess that's probably the reason of copying it to the game dir, instead of just providing the path(s) to game data...

Nice work anyway.

Last edited:

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

can you put thread guide for that TES patcher ? (with very detailed guide / SS)
also ...
maybe it's just me, but fixing translation and sharing it AFTER it being put in Steam feels kinda ... "dangerous" for ULMF ?
I don't mind if I do that for my own gameplay tough ...
(also if the author don't mind and permit extraction / script code, then I or other might easily do that too, and without too much "guilty" feeling)

don't get me wrong, I LOVE ONEone1 game, but ...
that translation is just BAD ...

NOTE : sorry if lately I don't visit / create partial often ... busy in real life ... and real life lately get really SUCK ...

Sinflower

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Sinflower: OK, so - if I understand the ruby code correctly - in case of those using wfscript.dll, you need that lib too while using your script ?

Of course, following your description of how the executable is to be used, I guess that's probably the reason of copying it to the game dir, instead of just providing the path(s) to game data...

Nice work anyway.
Well yeah wfscript.dll is one reason but the main reason would be, that I wrote that script on a whim without putting much thought into the design so it just ended up like this.

can you put thread guide for that TES patcher ? (with very detailed guide / SS)
I will write a proper guide once I have a bit more time at hand.

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I will write a proper guide once I have a bit more time at hand.
thanks ...
it's not only ONEone1 have that kind of script ...
it's very rarely being used, however there's till few game use it ... :cool:

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Here's his twitter where you can tell him the translation is shit.
twitter.com/oneone1go

Could also ask him for the encryption key or decrypted files so we can have a go at it.

But yeah, this happens a lot lately, they pay top dollar for a chinese translation company and get top dollar chinese quality, some guy chained to a desk underground with only a box of cigarettes and the threat that all nine generations of his family will be killed if he doesn't work harder keeping him going.
Ok but lets try to be more educated about it, otherwise we just sound like angry little kids, for example point out we know the game is good, but the translation leaves a lot to be desired and limits its sales (if the mention of money doesn't motivate him nothing will xD)

settlers

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

dose anyone have the DLC for this game or know where i can get it

nopezetsu-san

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

ummm guys, i found r18 patched version in torrent site, downloaded and looks like works fine but japanese version saves' not work on it, is there any way to make it work ? cause before i dig in game once again i want to test it if it's works perfectly or not

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

ummm guys, i found r18 patched version in torrent site, downloaded and looks like works fine but japanese version saves' not work on it, is there any way to make it work ? cause before i dig in game once again i want to test it if it's works perfectly or not
If it is like other games then no, since the text on one is in jap and in the other eng there will be an error because of it.

Is there a way to play in in full screen or even better just alter the size of the window?

Knoloa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If it is like other games then no, since the text on one is in jap and in the other eng there will be an error because of it.

Is there a way to play in in full screen or even better just alter the size of the window?
Like all RPG maker games, it doesn't have multiple resolutions. So you can double the size of the window by pressing F5, but the game will get quite pixelated as a result since the resolution stay the same.

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Like all RPG maker games, it doesn't have multiple resolutions. So you can double the size of the window by pressing F5, but the game will get quite pixelated as a result since the resolution stay the same.
There is also a way to launch it at full screen in F1 but that is too big, the F5 is the one i want but when i use it the upper part goes out of my monitor T.T, is only a little but i would still miss some thing, and i can't move the window.

PD: i am finally playing it with some leisure and yeah the translation sucks, i am not sure they used machine translation its more like some non native english speaker who doesn't dominate the language translated it. I kind of hope that is the case, it would at least mean the guy will improve......hopefully.

Another question, what does "+Human Model" mean? it says that after some attacks, but i have no idea what it really means or does.

EDIT: i think its stunned, but i am not 100% sure.

Last edited:

ments

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

There is also a way to launch it at full screen in F1 but that is too big, the F5 is the one i want but when i use it the upper part goes out of my monitor T.T, is only a little but i would still miss some thing, and i can't move the window.

PD: i am finally playing it with some leisure and yeah the translation sucks, i am not sure they used machine translation its more like some non native english speaker who doesn't dominate the language translated it. I kind of hope that is the case, it would at least mean the guy will improve......hopefully.

Another question, what does "+Human Model" mean? it says that after some attacks, but i have no idea what it really means or does.
change in your video card control panel/settings - (don't know for toher card but for nvidia, it's under -Adjust desktop size and position-) an switch to perform scaling on GPU instead of default Dispaly, then go with alt+enter for fullscreen

Sinflower

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

EDIT: i think its stunned, but i am not 100% sure.
I looked it up in the Japanese version "Human Model" is their translation of stun ...

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I looked it up in the Japanese version "Human Model" is their translation of stun ...
...........i get a person can get mentaly tired and don't even want to think (is one of the reasons i like even this transaltion) but there should be a limit.......i mean they could change it to a lot of things: stunned, paralized, left standing, etc.

Sinflower

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

...........i get a person can get mentaly tired and don't even want to think (is one of the reasons i like even this transaltion) but there should be a limit.......i mean they could change it to a lot of things: stunned, paralized, left standing, etc.
Well considering, that in the Chinese translation it is 人体模型 which according to google roughly translates to Human body model
I continue to assume that they created a more or less proper Chinese translation (but I haven't read anything regarding the quality, so I might be wrong)
and just throw that into a machine translation. The Chinese translation for example does not contain any of the bugs I mentioned some time ago.

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

change in your video card control panel/settings - (don't know for toher card but for nvidia, it's under -Adjust desktop size and position-) an switch to perform scaling on GPU instead of default Dispaly, then go with alt+enter for fullscreen
Thanks but it didn't work, i already have on GPU scaling, maybe it is because i use AMD, but what do i know? but now i have another problem i changed it to full window a few times to check, and now it won't change to it T.T