What's new

OOC and Discussion Thread

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: OOC and Discussion Thread

I as well, dear Chibi! And I suppose that would make me the "Socialite," *shivers* gotta come up with a more flashy name...

As well, both Chibi and Avatar's characters check out, no more errors! :D

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Patrician sound better to you?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The most appealing I've thought of so far would be Arbitrator, so I suppose I'll go with that.

Heretic Zed

Lurker
Reputation score

Captain Mac-Scary-Lady is posted for your confusion. I love mixing cultures that should never be mixed!

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Very nice character, Zed. Hehehe, it's gonna be interesting to see how all these unique characters interact. :p

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

Um, I think you all have the skill points bit wrong. The way I read it, you get 20 points plus however many you got to spend on Traits/Attributes. At Veteran level, we have 48 points to spend on Traits and Attributes and then another 68 to spend on skills. I think that's how it is, anyway.

Lurker
Reputation score

Wow I think you're right!!!

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Whoa, I'm pretty sure it isn't. Not having the book in front of me, I can't re-read it, but I'm pretty sure you get the 20 points, plus whatever attribute points you don't spend on attributes or Assets. If we had a whopping 68 points to throw into skills, people could be absolute masters of several skills, which doesn't make sense to me.

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

"To purchase your Skills, you get 20 points plus the total you used to purchase your Traits and Attributes (a Greenhorn character starts with 62 Skill points, a Veteran gets 68, and a Big Damn Hero gets 74). Purchase Skills just like you did with Attributes, by paying the point cost equal to the die type"

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Huh, sonuvabitch.

First off, what's the page number on that?

Secondly, if that's a direct quote, then yeah, go crazy. I don't want to see more than 3 D12s in the skills section though, 4 if two are different specialties of the same skill. Does that sound fair for everyone?

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

that's what i thought at first but i was sure that couldn't be right. Jeeminy.

EDIT: done... again. xD

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I read that as well, and that's exactly what I thought... But like Shrike said, that's a shit load of points... That, and all the advancement points we'll be achieving will only add to that extremely large number.

With all the skills I had planned on givin' Duke, that amount pretty much will fill 'em all right up to at least d10. >.>

Last edited:

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

Might the crew of the good ship Rhapsody be interested in taking aboard a passenger?

Rather, have room for one more player, with the caveat that I've never played an in an RP?

Lurker
Reputation score

I fixed my char... again...

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, seeing as how our public relations is as a newborn babe in regards to the 'Verse itself, I see no trouble in taking on a passenger or two. Welcome aboard!

Lurker
Reputation score

I read that as well, and that's exactly what I thought... But like Shrike said, that's a shit load of points... That, and all the advancement points we'll be achieving will only add to that extremely large number.

With all the skills I had planned on givin' Duke, that amount pretty much will fill 'em all right up to at least d10. >.>
Yeah but if you look at the example chars they are built with the skill points set like that.

Heretic Zed

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, now the skills match the concept.

Passengers? I hope they don’t expect any first class service…

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, seeing as how our public relations is as a newborn babe in regards to the 'Verse itself,
Say watevah you want, you'll be a lot more thankful to have me along, should we be attacked by an army of women...

I'll take 'em all on, single handedly, hehehe...