Past (Deleted) Events

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Space and Battle Thread (Milky Way)

"No, the majority of everything will already be programmed. All you have to do is launch them in the right spot, and program the stabilizing thrusters to activate a good ten seconds after launch, and your done."

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Alright, we can do that. Veda, was it? If you want to help, feel free. An extra pair of hands is always useful, especially when they have a ship."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Veda simply nodded. "When do we start?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"The sooner the better. As soon as you folks launch off, Ixack and I will head off into the Sentinel Galaxy to scout ahead. I expect we'll be gone for some time, until then Coraxus, I need you and Talok to run things here."

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Running things here might be difficult if I'm off deploying sensor relays, but I think we can manage. Have you got a list of co-ordinates?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Sure do."

He hands both Veda and Coraxus datapads with a bunch of coordinates on them, probably three hundred spots total.

"I know the number is staggering, but this will suffice until Alverus arrives with galaxy monitoring sized sensors. Vanessa, Talok, Sivok and the Ingrali will all be remaining here with you folks to assist in whatever form they can. You and Veda can split the deploy points between yourselves however you see fit. I'm figuring Daina will be joining Ixack and I on this mission, so this will be a three person crew. Make sure those bastards don't do any damage while I'm gone, ok? I don't want to be coming back with weaknesses on them only to find things went to hell."

He chuckles slightly, but there is an edge of seriousness in his voice. "Alright, any questions?"

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"None here. I think we can set off."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"No questions here, either." Veda says quickly, looking over the datapad in her hand. "Actually, I do have one question for you Coraxus. How fast is your ship? I can pretty much automate mine to make the deliveries, I don't mind taking a larger share if it means they get finished evenly."

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Coraxus looks over the datapad.

"It should only take us a few minutes to get from one point to the next. I think half and half will work best."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon nods again. "Alright, let me know when you both are back on your ships and clear of the space gate and we'll get our own parties started here."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Veda nods to both Coraxus and Siphon. "Alright then." She says simply, and starts back off towards the hanger bays.

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"I'll see you later."

Coraxus heads off to the Hangar. Graevus inclines his head and follows.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

With both Coraxus and Veda having entered their ships and clearing the area, Siphon moved the Kara about, and then dialed the Space Gate. With a large WHOOSH, the Gate opened.

Moments after this, the Kara effortlessly slid through the wormhole, vanishing mere moments before the wormhole disengaged, and the shield reactivated.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((This is the thing that Siphon and I had discussed. Setting up some backstory stuff for Toryn and the Warden.))

At the fourth deployment Veda made, there would be something on her sensors when she arrived. Any scan attempts would only get a visual image before the contact vectored off and left the system at an extreme speed, too extreme to catch up with. A brief, maybe 50 nanosecond burst of electronic 'noise' would also be picked up.

The image that would have be picked up would be that of a small, oddly aerodynamic fighter-type craft.

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Coraxus and Graevus fly back to their ship, and shoot off to the first coordinates.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Veda immediately started running scans once her sensors pinged a contact. It sped off at a truly amazing speed before she could get much off of it. She set the computer to making a 3D model of the ship from the visual she obtained, as well as trying to descramble the noise, before continuing to drop the sensor array and moving on. If there was anything of interest to be found, she would send it along to the space gate and hope someone was still there to receive it.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Going to just go ahead and post this now. Siphon can bitch later if he wants to.))

Estimations on accuracy of the model are 98.63% As for the noise, the computers would report a very slight possibility of content, although the sample is too small for detailed analysis.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Nah, no bitching.))

Some time after Coraxus, Veda and Siphon's ships had left, only Talok's, Thor's and a few Ingrali ships remained at the gate. Most of them would remain there for now until needed elsewhere, but notably absent was Narlina's hive ship ...

Which at that present time, was cruising in hyper-space, heading for a planet that had asked for some help earlier from her, that she was just now getting too thanks to the small mini-war they'd all just fought.

((Making a new thread for different galaxies to avoid confusion.))

Last edited:
OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Triangulum Galaxy (Space and Battle)

The stillness of the space gate's region of space was broken by the incoming wormhole, and shortly following that the Kara arrived. Immediately engaging her cloak, the ship went absolutely invisible to Draque and Enoly sensors, and cruised onward even as the gate shut down.

Initial scans from the Kara, or Ixacks ship would show the immediate vicinity was devoid of planets, and other ships. Save for a massive energy reading coming off the space gate, the region was dead.

A further reading would show a planet roughly ten light years from where they were now, and it seemed to be in a binary star system.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Veda made a data packet containing the sound clip and 3D model of the ship she had encountered, and sent them back off towards the space gate on a subspace frequency, along with a short message:

Veda checking in, brief encounter with an unknown ship, fleed before I could scan it properly, including the sensor data I managed to pick up.