Past (Deleted) Events

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Warden (Ship Thread)

"They will most likely try to send a force to the gate and try opening it up again. Other than that, I'm not sure. Probably to worlds that can't defend themselves. The problem there is, that is about damn near half the galaxy. We don't have anywhere near enough ships to adequately protect and cover them all just in case. At the very least, we've bought a few days until all hell breaks loose again."

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Toryn looked up, over the terminal that he was using, and met the Warden's gaze. Unseen by Siphon, it nodded once, and Toryn returned the gesture, before looking back down. "We'll work on getting some ELR Mobile Sensor Arrays deployed. Should give us a few minutes of warning, at least."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Alright, what's the range on them? We might be able to modify them to get more of a range on them. I really need to see to setting up a bunch of orbital cloaked sensor platforms in the galaxy with sensors from Alverus, that would give us a damn far sensory system."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Toryn scratched his chin, thinking, then responded. "Well, I don't have exact numbers...But I do recall picking up a rather embarrassing flatus that occured during a political speech on Earth using the one we've got stationed here once."

((And yes, if Veda was paying attention she'd have heard that statement.))

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon thinks for a moment, apparently trying to trace the communication to a local area of the galaxy. He manages to find it within a twenty light year radius, and doesn't bother digging any further. "Alright, based off the area I THINK your around, that makes their range roughly twenty thousand light years. Alverus's sensors are able to detect ships as far out as three hundred thousand light years, which usually is a damn good warning area. We can't likely enhance your current grid anywhere near that, but we SHOULD be able to quadruple their outputs. I'll see what I can do later about adding in portable sensory units from the city, I have a feeling we'll need them later."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"To be honest...There was almost no delay, I actually caught a time-stamp, so I'm thinking that wasn't even maximum range." Toryn shrugged. "I'll try running a few tests, see if I can find out what the actual max range is. Oh, and do they use ship-based cloaks?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yes, but smaller generators than what my ship has. Very well, let me know what you find on the range of them. Will you be rejoining the fleet along with Veda?"

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I'll try to, but first I've got to run some tests." Toryn glanced over at Veda, to see if she was going to head back now, or wait around.

((Leaving it open to Shrike.))

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Veda listened to the entire conversation in something of a daze, still trying to comprehend the concept of a universe in a bottle, so to speak. She caught the flatus joke, but didn't know where Earth was, and when Toryn looked over to her, she nodded. "I might as well head back, I don't seem to be of much help here." She says calmly, nodding to the Warden as she headed back to the internal transit and the bay her ship was in.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Very well, we'll remain here until you reach us Veda. In the meantime I'll have the probe brought on board so we can communicate regardless Toryn, though if we end up in the Triangulum galaxy there will be a slight delay in transmissions."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"If things do head that way, call. The Warden can run the tests himself if needed."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Very well, we will do so. Siphon out."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Veda reached the bay and entered her ship, doing the preflights and heading out into space. She took one last look at the massive ship she just left, and Jumped out, heading back to the space gate she left behind a few hours ago.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Space and Battle Thread (Milky Way)

Veda enters the area of space with the space gate again, broadcasting a typical greetings to make sure she wasn't shot at.

Hey there, I'm back. Miss anything important?

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Not yet, we're just figuring out our next move. If you want to come aboard the Kara use the left three o two bay."

He turns to Ixack. "We'd better get ready to go. We don't want to be there any longer than we have to be there, and the ideal situation for us is to tie up their gate for it's entire thirty eight minute cycle, then dial back out and return home. Unless Coraxus has anything to say, I think maybe you should go start your pre-flight checks."

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"As you wish, Mister Siphon." Ixack broadcasts to Siphon, then begins to adjust his facial wrap "I shall be at my ship if you need me. You know how to contact me without a radio." he broadcasts, grasping his head wrap and bundling his neural strands, the pulling his wrap over his head, covering all but his eyes once again, then turning and heading for the door

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"It seems like a good plan to me. Should we tag along, or could we be of more use elsewhere?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alrighty, I'll be right in.

Veda docks her ship in the specified port, getting out and wandering her way to the bridge, taking her time to scan everything, as per usual. Finally arriving, she looks over to the people arrayed around the room. "This ship is amazing." She says, just a little bit of awe in her voice.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon smiles slightly. "Thank you. Well Coraxus that all depends really. We need to deploy a bunch of deep space sensor relays soon, and I was wondering if I gave you them if you folks could set them up and test to be sure they work while I'm gone? The last thing we need are enemy ships sneaking over the galactical border without being picked up."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Are they difficult to set up? If it's a rather simple process, I can help with that. My ship is fairly fast, so it shouldn't take too long." Veda says, walking over to the group.