What's new

Past (Deleted) Events

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Warden (Ship Thread)

"Funnily enough, I've probably been 'at it' a look longer than Toryn here, I just try to avoid it as much as possible. Some nasty creatures have moved into the ruins I explore, and almost all of them are entirely unique in some way." She said aloud once she arrived. She took a look at the hologram herself, but couldn't make heads nor tails of most of it, most of her experience with technology revolving around the unique brand the Chozo use.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"What he meant by that is you haven't been facing that particular set of opponents since you were still a kid..." Toryn commented before turning back to the discussion about the armor. "I still think that none of the materials we've currently have could handle the gravimetric fluctuation stresses at the thicknesses we'd be having to use to make the armor managable."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Space and Battle Thread (Milky Way)

Siphon made sure Daina was fine, then made his way to the bridge.

"Nice of you to join us Coraxus. Come on over I'll brief you."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Veda nods at Toryn's comment before he turned back, then listened intently to the conversation, not really understanding most of it. Something about gravimetric fluctuations rang a bell, though.

"Um, I'm not really an expert, but maybe some Chozo technology could help with that." She said, waiting a moment to be sure she was heard before continuing. "One of my suit upgrades I've collected in my travels allows me to act without hindrance in water. Roughly translated, it's called the Gravity Suit. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the materials themselves, rather some sort of field. Maybe if you can duplicate a similar effect for your use it might help."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Toryn thought for a moment. "Hm...Maybe..."

"The difficulty we've run into with the design you see here is that the Gravity Converter, the device that let me do those sudden shifts, puts a great deal of stress on the armor during the actual 'flip', kind of like a very rapid spin. The Revenant Armor and the Guardian Armor can get away with it due to the rather thick plating. This new design, however..."

Toryn steps into the hologram, so that the armor design seems over-layed on him. It seems like there is, at most, an inch of thickness. "This is fully to scale."

Last edited:

Pale

Reputation score

After a few minutes dealing with the aftershocks of near death - a near-daily occurrence for the battle-torn Asari, Daina paces to the bridge, eyes and ears open, just waiting for a Bentari to try it. Just waiting.

Finally, the bridge doors hiss open with her arrival.

"I'm back. Apologies for my late advent."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Quite understandable given the circumstances. I am to inform you that Ixack found Vanessa. One of the Bentari nearly killed her by strangulation and beating her. They are on their way here and should reach us momentarily. Internal communications are back on, and Veda along with Toryn had to answer a call from Toryn's warden."

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Correction. We are here." Ixack broadcasts to Siphon as he enters the bridge, Vanessa most likely behind him "When this is over I would very much like to study any information you have regarding the Bentari. Their race is......Fascinating, to say the least."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Join the club Ixack, we know hardly anything about them. The Draque are even afraid of the bastards."

True to what Thor had said, Vanessa had hand prints around her neck and was substantially bruised over.

"I must return to my ship, I shall be in touch." With that Thor vanished, leaving the four alone on the bridge.

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Well, I was able to slip away for a while, and I couldn't resist. I'll be right there."

The Tiberion ship continued to move toward the other ships. At this distance, Siphon would notice that it was not the Razor's Edge. A similar design, but smaller, roughly equal in size to the Kara. A shuttle launches and makes its way into the Hangar bay. Coraxus arrives at the bridge a short while later, accompanied by a 7' snakelike alien.

"I really wish our scientists would give the go-ahead on beaming tech again. It would make things so much easier."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Indeed it would. Perhaps we should speak to them sometime about letting them test out the Asgard or Alveran systems?"

He pauses a moment then calls up a picture on the viewer. "This is one of the Bentari, the things that boarded us. Little is known about them save they are aggressive with tempers to match, very strong, resistant to most weaponry and that the Draque even seem afraid of them."

"Then there's this space gate." He calls that up.

He then turns to the other creature with Coraxus. "Ah, a new friend here? Welcome aboard the Kara, Mr...?"

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Ah yes, you haven't met. This is Graevus. He's the sub-commander of my legion's ground forces."

Graevus slithers forward.

"I've heard a fair amount about you, Siphon. It's nice to finally meet you."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon nods. "As it is to meet you Graevus. Regrettably I can't say I know much about you, though in this case I'm taking it that is only because I've not had reason to have, given your line of work."

He extends a hand slowly to shake. Graevus would possibly note this wasn't out of fear of him, but rather uncertainty as to if this was taboo in his culture or not.

In the meantime he continued. "So far what we have is a space gate that we've blocked off for now, and a bunch of defeated enemy vessels. They first tried attacking Vanessa's homeworld, then tried to attack an Earth type planet with mid level tech as well as the main Gou'ald ship yards at once with sizeable forces. We were able to repel that invasion, but the question remains, how many more ships do they have? We've not heard anything from Alverus concerning the Sangraal, so we can assume it isn't ready yet. Just how much are you both aware of that's been going on in the last six months anyway?"

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Graevus accepts the handshake.

"All we really knew was that they were keeping quiet for a while. I knew about Peltas Five's construction, and I got your message about the meeting there. Unfortunately I had orders, so I couldn't attend, but due to circumstances I've been able to leave Vulkoran to handle things there and slip out to lend a hand."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon nods. "Alright, well then your mostly up to date. A week ago Sivok told us that there was rumor circulating about that the Ascendant Empire forces were gathering for a massive offensive. Then they swarmed to Vanessa's planet, Velokia Prime. From there we detected the Space Gate after the forces there actually RETREATED for once. More ships came through the gate, sparking three different battles. All of those ships have been dealt with, and I've managed to tie up their gate for now. Unfortunately we don't know how many more ships they may have, and we believe they may be trying to initiate shipyards and cloning facilities within our galaxy. What we want to do I think is to scout inside their home galaxy in a cloaked ship. Find out what their numbers are and plan from there. At this point Sivok and I both believe that if we can hold their forces off long enough to get the Sangraal working, wiping out the Sentinels themselves will stop their followers. Sivok has told us each Draque has a chip implanted in them, as do the Enoly and Bentari. These chips allow the Sentinels to issue direct orders to them for everything. It's why Sivok has free will with his followers now, because their chips were damaged beyond the self repair abilities."

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ixack listens intently at Siphon's words, walking forward at the mention of a stealth operation "If I may be so bold as to ask. May I be the one on that ship? My tribe is very well-known for their stealth prowess." Ixack broadcasts to Siphon as all four of his thumbs twitch and tap his 'palms' lightly "Most of us can use sheer will to disappear. So we've learned to do so and use that to our advantage. Shakuras is a very dangerous place, so we've learned that stealth is everything." he broadcasts, his blue eyes blinking multiple times as he looks over at Coraxus and his friend, a slight sniff at the snake-man Snakes. Such vile creatures." he thinks to himself

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"I see, it will torque the metal when the gravity shifts..." She says quietly, not adding much else to the conversation.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Toryn paused suddenly. "Wait a minute...What was it that you'd wanted me back here for?"

"The initial framework for the third stage armor is almost complete." The Warden gestured, as what appeared to be an endoskeletal frame rises out of the floor. One item of note is what appears to be a backpack attached to the rear.

"And there's another problem, the power supply," Toryn commented, as he examined the back part. He stopped suddenly, then snapped his fingers. "Wait a minute...Just had an idea."

Last edited:

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A second of the small probes enters the system, and this time it seems to have an active link to somewhere else. It also is transmitting a hail, apparently intended for Siphon.

((This is about what we'd talked about the other day, Siphon.))

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Oh?" Veda asks, scanning the exoskeleton herself, hoping her archives might have a solution. She didn't know too much herself, but she had scanned a fair number of systems in her time spent exploring, maybe some cross-referencing would yield an answer to Toryn's problem.