What's new

Pathfinder, anyone?

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score
Re: Pathfinder, anyone?

Traits... I'm not sure yet. If people planning to play in my game PM me whatever they'd like for traits (Max 2), I'll start thinking about it. No final word either way right now though.

OP
IronAnt

IronAnt

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hi everyone.

Traits are allowed.

Figuring things out.

Ant out.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

An Ironant PC.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Both of our characters shall make all of the Knowledge checks.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The beginnings of an for Ant's game, and a repost of my for maiko's game.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Slight issue re: Maikosetting.

Adulthood for Tieflings is 60 years old. Demon invasion happened 50 years ago.

Even if the first thing they did out of the netherworld was conceive this character, she'd still be like ten-years pre-'adulthood'.

Which, while presumably kinky, might be questionably comfortable for other people. <_> Would I need to take that young age template thing? Would in-setting Tieflings have different ages.

Also, I kinda wanted to make them born from a Nezumi, so they could be Small. But, not sure if cool.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I know it's a stupid thing to say, but if you guys decided on maptools, you should work together to make any necessary adjustments. Might go faster if you team up.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Slight issue re: Maikosetting.

Adulthood for Tieflings is 60 years old. Demon invasion happened 50 years ago.

Even if the first thing they did out of the netherworld was conceive this character, she'd still be like ten-years pre-'adulthood'.

Which, while presumably kinky, might be questionably comfortable for other people. <_> Would I need to take that young age template thing? Would in-setting Tieflings have different ages.

Also, I kinda wanted to make them born from a Nezumi, so they could be Small. But, not sure if cool.
Tiefling ages in this setting are the same as regular human ones.
And I had it in mind that Tieflings were the offspring of demons and humans, not any of the beastfolk. Could say they're not genetically compatible, for all that's worth when dealing with demons. Either way, medium sized Tieflings.

Re: Maptools.
I'm totally wiped right now, but if someone who has some experience with Maptools wants to give me a quick tutorial on it at some point (using Maptools), send me a PM and we'll work out a time.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I sent Maiko so much stuff in PM, but there's no reason for it to be private. All that was in my PM was basic tutorials on how to GM, and a link to the framework for Pathfinder in Maptools. It's rather neat looking, imo.

Anyone of you who is going to be a player and hasn't used maptool ever should look at the , since we obviously don't want to spend our session just trying to help all the little confused people.

Mamono Assault Force said:
I know how2maptool, but the only really difficult part is the macros. I can work with you if you want, and try to answer as many questions as I can.

But it will help if you get the basics out of the way, so that I can tell you more complicated stuff and you'll be able to understand. These videos should help. Watch these, and any questions further, hopefully I can answer.

Maptools Step 1:
There's something I want to add to this step. Maptools was made in Java 6 and is not compatible with Java 7 because the developers of Java are dunces. Perform the instructions listed in this in order to launch maptools normally and change memory allocation as needed. If you don't do this, a lot of issues can occur.

Maptools Step 2:
This is for if you need to know where the features in Maptool are located, in case you are referenced to use something but don't know where it is.

Step 3:
Shows you some ways to gather resources to use in maptools.

Step 4:
Shows you how to get a new map started out.

Step 5:
Helps you understand the different layers, Token, Object, Hidden, and Background.

Step 6:
How to work images into Maptool, and alter them to fit the purpose you want them to serve.

Step 7:

Step 8:
Possibly one of the most important functions, as Tokens are the main figures interacting with your map.

Step 9:
Useful for using Fog of War

Step 10:
More complicated than it seems. It includes the Impersonation Feature, which allows you to use the chat to speak as if you're that character.

Step 11:
Hopefully you won't have to fiddle with Macros due to Pathfinder's popularity. Someone released a framework for PathFinder, and I suggest you check it out.
It seems pretty sweet, though it takes someone who knows Pathfinder to know that.

~~~

In all honesty, if you figure out how to use that pathfinder framework, you should be the one teaching me, because you'll have learned much more.
EDIT:

I was trying to dig up some kind of tutorial for using this Pathfinder framework (since it's derp as hell to release it and then not tell people how to use it, amirite?) and I found this.

It doesn't really help much(?) But it's information.

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Edit'd main post and committing the grievous sin of doubleposting in order to actually alert Maiko/ant to the edit.

Shrike also said she bookmarked that post. You guys could do that too if you want a quick link to that. I might edit it with more links to useful shit.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Suddenly another sheet.

Lazier, because holy fuck I've been working on these things for like a week why am I so bad at making DND characters.

I have no idea what to do with 1000 gp, also.

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Just posting that I have an interest in joining one of the games. I've gone through the thread for the fifth time and am still somewhat confused. I am aware that there are two games running so far, with Maiko-chan's being full, and IronAnt still trying to organize his big sandbox game.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

It has become a long thread, hasn't it...

A status update on my game, with regards to who's in it, is as follows:
Current Group:
Tassadar - Human (Westerner) Barbarian
Shrike7 - Kitsune Rogue
Tiffanian - Ratfolk (Nezumi) Witch
MAF/RJ - Catfolk (Nekugami) Bard
HentaiSpider - Fetchling Necromancer

On the bench: (Correct me if I'm wrong and if I missed anyone or included anyone who didn't want to be included, let me know as well)
Blarg - Tiefling Sorcerer
Aust - Cavalier (Might be for Ant's game)

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

As long as I'm here and checking in, I honestly think I'll settle the issue and pass on the games. Timing just isn't right and while I have characters bouncing around in my head, they're just not translating well to paper, I'm afraid.

Appreciate the offer and wish you guys a lot of fun with 'em but looks like I'll just be checking out the adventures as reported here. Tah for now!

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Finally have a proper finished sheet. Take a look. Hopefully it's on the level. I had some help (Thank you Shrike) and it turned out great in my opinion.

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Singing up for IronAnt's game with

Female Lawful Neutral Drow Cleric, Level 2, Init -1, HP 18/18, Speed 20'
AC 16, Touch 9, Flat-footed 16, Fort +1, Ref -1, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Cold Iron Spiked Gauntlet +2 (1d4+1, 20/x2)
Morning Star +2 (1d8+1, 20/x2)
Sling (10 Bullets, Cold Iron) +0 (1d4+1, 20/x2)
Scale mail, Heavy Wooden Shield (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, -1 Dex)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 9, Con 12, Int 15, Wis 15, Cha 15
Condition None

Last edited:

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

I've sent a PM off to Nunu about getting a sub-forum set up for the game.

I've also been requested to start the game sooner rather than later, so I'm going to start the game this Sunday. The earliest I could start would be 3pm UTC (11am EDT, 10am CDT, 9am MDT, 8am PDT, not sure about non-North American time zones, go to figure out where you're at in relation).

So, need to set a time for it, so when would be best for the people in my game?

Also, I understand Shrike held a few 'introduction' sessions with some of the other players to get their characters introduced before the game starts. Is there any chance that one of the people involved in that has the logs for any of those? I'd like to review them for plot hooks and just general backstory.

The time and date for the session is not finalized, this will just be to get the stone rolling. Since Shrike is only able to make every other Sunday, there is the possibility of having the game match that schedule, though I would prefer it be weekly. If Ant's game falls on Sunday as well, perhaps we could alternate. Just a thought. Again, at this point, it's still preliminary.

Edit: The above times are the earliest I can start. Any time after is fine, as long as there's about 3-6 hours (or however long people want to play for) before 2am UTC, which is bed time for me.

Last edited:

Tiffanian

Smut Slut
Reputation score

My schedule has just flipped around with hardly any notice to me, and I am not sure quite what it is. I may be able to make days other than Sundays, but I will definitely be able to make Sundays at most any time after 6pm CST. Also I have logs, but I would have to edit the format to make them readable.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd be best after 1 PM EDT, but could make it to as early as 11 AM EDT. I can also play until whenever.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Nights are guaranteed for me starting around 6PM EDT. this weekend i have the day off, so I'm good from around 11AM EDT as well, earlier if i can snag some coffee or something.