OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Pathos Facility

Koike watched the screens, noting Bell's moment of work, and the brain activity monitor overlaid on the visual feed. The visual cut out as Bell changed, but then returned once she was wearing her pajamas. After a while, he glanced at his watch again. "Time to see..."

He only had the time to look back up at the screens before the shift occured. The light took on the strange yellowish-green color, and the electronics in most of the facility blacked out. However, the communications server, and the observation system, had been modified, and remained on.

Koike watched the screens...as nothing happened. Bell remained asleep, and the activity monitor showed what he guessed was the usual Drow sleep state. "Two nights in a row. Not unheard of, but still...Not too common."

Last edited:

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jack nods as he watches. "Agreed. Obviously this merits further studying. So, you want me to head out now then?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Koike nodded. "Yeah, go ahead. Use the comm headset if you run into anything big."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jack nodded back, "gotcha. On my way then."

With that he quietly took off, the sound of the door barely audible as he left.

Soon he had left the local area, and was nearing the spot Koike had wanted him to look around this night. He started combing the area, looking and listening for anything unusual.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

"Fuck it, I'm not that angry anymore. I don't feel like getting my ass kicked by them today."

Gil plopped himself down on a chair beside Koike and looked up.

"Yeah, she's definitely experiencing the hour. The only thing left to know is, does she have the potential? If she does, I'm guessing Lovers or Chariot."

Last edited:
OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Koike made a couple of notes on a notepad sitting next to him, then leaned back to watch the monitors again. "That's difficult to tell. However, we know that Jack is Chariot...And I've seen some quirks in her behavior that makes me think Lovers, if she has it."

He let out a long breath before he continued. "This is certainly going to be an interesting time, on several levels. We're in the Dark Hour, we've the other stuff, so our hidden work is here. Plus, we've got to play diplomat as best we can. On top of that, there's some knowledge that could be gathered. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if at least one of us doesn't end up in some kind of a relationship before this is over."

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Koike made a couple of notes on a notepad sitting next to him, then leaned back to watch the monitors again. "That's difficult to tell. However, we know that Jack is Chariot...And I've seen some quirks in her behavior that makes me think Lovers, if she has it."

He let out a long breath before he continued. "This is certainly going to be an interesting time, on several levels. We're in the Dark Hour, we've the other stuff, so our hidden work is here. Plus, we've got to play diplomat as best we can. On top of that, there's some knowledge that could be gathered. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if at least one of us doesn't end up in some kind of a relationship before this is over."
"Relationship? Does a one night stand count?" Gil grinned, and did a couple pelvic thrusts for the fuck of it.

"Anyway, you're probably right. We should play this out smartly, and try not to cause her to go into shock. We should also make sure she doesn't discover her potential by herself, and make sure the shadows don't get her either."

Gil sighed at the amount of carefulness in the path they had to take.

"Fuck man, we should just reveal our personas in front of her and be done with it all.."

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Koike snorted before sarcastically responding. "Sure, three people that appear to be blowing their brains out...That'll keep her from freaking..."

He shrugged, then continued normally. "I suspect that it will most likely play out in what is apparently a common fashion...One of us will use, or try to use, ours, she'll end up calling out hers, we've got to explain everything once she's in a condition to understand it."

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Koike snorted before sarcastically responding. "Sure, three people that appear to be blowing their brains out...That'll keep her from freaking..."

He shrugged, then continued normally. "I suspect that it will most likely play out in what is apparently a common fashion...One of us will use, or try to use, ours, she'll end up calling out hers, we've got to explain everything once she's in a condition to understand it."
"Please, these things hardly even look like fucking guns.."

Gil pulled out his evoker, which was basically a pistol with a snub nose that didn't shoot bullets. There were 3 letters engraved on the side, S. E. C.

"So you think a shadow will try to attack her or one of us, and she'll end up awakening? Seems pretty likely.."

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"They look close enough when you're talking about someone who isn't overly familiar with our tech," Koike commented. A pause, then he added. "Yeah. With only three of us, it's possible."

He then stepped over to the console to push a button. "Jack, head back here. It's getting late, so we need to get some rest."

He then turned to Gil and nodded. "I'll wrap things up here. You go on."

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

"They look close enough when you're talking about someone who isn't overly familiar with our tech," Koike commented. A pause, then he added. "Yeah. With only three of us, it's possible."

He then stepped over to the console to push a button. "Jack, head back here. It's getting late, so we need to get some rest."

He then turned to Gil and nodded. "I'll wrap things up here. You go on."
"Alright, cool. Night, man."

With that, Gil yawned and headed back up to his room and tried to get some sleep.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The reply was almost instantaneous. "Sure thing boss, on my way then, just stopped to get me a small trophy before you rang."

Sure enough, he was already on the move and was back inside mere minutes later.

Jack simply headed for his room, took a quick shower then went to bed.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The next day went relatively smoothly. It wasn't until the evening that anything of note happened, as the small group started to gather in the dining area. Koike was wearing his casual outfit. A black t-shirt, black jeans, boots, and his green coat. While waiting for the others, he had his clip-style ear buds on, listening to assorted music from Earth's 1980s.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Bell saunters in as usual, wearing a short-sleeved shirt that covered her chest down to the bottom rib, leaving her belly exposed, and a very short skirt. Both were black, and glistened almost as if they were wet, even though they clearly weren't. Her hair was tied back as usual, but tied down at the end, middle, and base, to give it an exotic look.

She walks in, and seeing that Koike was the only other one here so far, sat down and started a conversation.

"Huh, I really thought I'd be the last one here, it takes me a while to get ready usually. How was your day?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Koike reached into his coat to pause his music player, then took his earphones off before speaking. "Relatively quiet. Had a bunch of forms to fill out before the facility director arrives."

'Subterfuge...The only way I'd be treated even reasonably normally...'

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jack walked in not even two minutes later, clad in half his normal setup. He had his long black leather jacket on as well as a black tank top. What was a change was instead of black jeans, he had faded blue jeans on instead, and seemed quite relaxed. "Good evening Bell, Koike."

He smiles a bit then prods Koike verbally, "is this the first time you've taken that suit off and worn something casual since I've known you? Cuz it sure seems that way." He chuckles slightly.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Koike chuckled, then replied, "Since when have I ever worn that monkey suit and sissy shirt when I'm going out like this?"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jack chuckled and pointed at Koike. "That there good sir, you have a point on. Touche."

Another grin and he adds, "alright, so where is Gil then?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Ouch, I hate paperwork, wrote myself a program to take care of most of it for me as one of the first things I did when I started my business. If you want, I can spend a bit of time and make a similar one for Human computers, make your job a little easier?" She asked, brushing a wisp of hair out of her eyes.

She turns to Jack as he entered, then purred a little as she sized him up again. "Hey there, you're looking a little less 'dark' than usual."

Last edited:
OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Eh, I really need to do them myself anyway. Again, something that's unique to Halsey Corp. and the SEC..."

Status
Not open for further replies.