What's new

[WIP - Full] [栗pick] 涙声のギニヨル / I am your Guignol (RJ170185)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleanfeel

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Roughly 2/3 done, 1/3 more to go. Christmas release was far too optimistic. >_<
Unfortunately, my progress in December may be temporarily slowed down by the release of Kenshi - an indie game I was following for a few years in development and played a few betas. I can't resist checking out the full 1.0 version now that it's out. It's an awesome game. :p
Funny I've been playing Kenshi too for the past 2 days and neglected all of my partial progress.

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Roughly 2/3 done, 1/3 more to go. Christmas release was far too optimistic. >_<
Unfortunately, my progress in December may be temporarily slowed down by the release of Kenshi - an indie game I was following for a few years in development and played a few betas. I can't resist checking out the full 1.0 version now that it's out. It's an awesome game. :p
Urgg, oh well i will still pray for a christmass miracle, luckily i also have a few games to distract myself....or i would if my Vcard hadn't given out on me T.T....so many games i can't play now T.T

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Cool to see you've progressed a lot since i saw this ages ago. Still looking forward to it. Keep up the good work!
I don't know how you'd feel about it, but you could possibly release a wip patch with what's translated so far, so people can play through and enjoy what's been done so far. I think that will help makme the wait a little better and take some pressure of you to get the whole thing completed asap. But again it's your call, I'm biased since I'm like everyone else here and just want to enjoy it. xD

Last edited:
OP
PabloC

PabloC

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@rizo
I could make a wip patch, but since the scripts aren't exactly in order (past the prologue at least), you'd be bumping into untranslated fragments everywhere. Plus, I have to test everything to make sure I got the context right, because I'm not exactly sure where fragments from a few short scripts were located in-game, which can easily lead to silly mistakes.
I think it'll be better not to tease you with incomplete patch. I don't want to accidentally mess up your experience with the game. :p

Also, as small update while I'm at it. I was planning to reach 75% this year, but that's probably not going to happen, since December came with a far too many distractions (Kenshi + Christmas sales everywhere...). And January tends to be quite messy at work, with new schedules and stuff, so my progress will probably get a little stuck again. >_>

Cleanfeel

Demon Girl
Reputation score
@rizo
I could make a wip patch, but since the scripts aren't exactly in order (past the prologue at least), you'd be bumping into untranslated fragments everywhere. Plus, I have to test everything to make sure I got the context right, because I'm not exactly sure where fragments from a few short scripts were located in-game, which can easily lead to silly mistakes.
I think it'll be better not to tease you with incomplete patch. I don't want to accidentally mess up your experience with the game. :p

Also, as small update while I'm at it. I was planning to reach 75% this year, but that's probably not going to happen, since December came with a far too many distractions (Kenshi + Christmas sales everywhere...). And January tends to be quite messy at work, with new schedules and stuff, so my progress will probably get a little stuck again. >_>
I've been toying with the idea of doing community translations...Is there anyone on the Internet doing stuff like that?
If you're a programmer we can work together. I'd imagine just have a public repo and a kanban board that we can assign chunks of work and merge them in with pull requests. I'd imagine many people on this forum are willing to take 30 minutes each day and google translate a few files here and there.

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score
@rizo

Honestly i would be happy if you released a WIP that included prologue and partial, that way if i give in to temptation and decide to continue playing i will at least have some facts firmly in place and not confused due to machine translation.

OP
PabloC

PabloC

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@Cleanfeel
Nope, I have little to no idea about programming. :p But I don't think there would be any problems on the technical side - there are some services that enable easy ways to share and edit scripts. Google Drive is the most obvious example (that's what my team was using when we were working on If My Heart Had Wings).
The issue with community translations is that if you let random people work on random scripts, you'll inevitably get an epic mess with vastly differing TL accuracy, writing styles and so on. Editing that would be an absolute nightmare, and I can't quite imagine getting a decent translation this way.

As for machine translators - in those 30 minutes you mentioned you could probably run ALL scripts from an average game through GoogleTL. But that results in a random gibberish, not a translation. :p And anyone can get that by themselves, just by playing the game with MTs, so making any patches like this is just a waste of time.

@Animefan_09
Prologue only briefly introduces the world and characters, there's not much else. If you're going to get confused by something, I'll show up later. Even WIP patch still requires at least some minimal playtesting, and the beginning alone probably won't be all that helpful, so I'd rather avoid getting sidetracked and focus on finishing the TL as soon as possible.

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score
@Cleanfeel
Nope, I have little to no idea about programming. :p But I don't think there would be any problems on the technical side - there are some services that enable easy ways to share and edit scripts. Google Drive is the most obvious example (that's what my team was using when we were working on If My Heart Had Wings).
The issue with community translations is that if you let random people work on random scripts, you'll inevitably get an epic mess with vastly differing TL accuracy, writing styles and so on. Editing that would be an absolute nightmare, and I can't quite imagine getting a decent translation this way.

As for machine translators - in those 30 minutes you mentioned you could probably run ALL scripts from an average game through GoogleTL. But that results in a random gibberish, not a translation. :p And anyone can get that by themselves, just by playing the game with MTs, so making any patches like this is just a waste of time.

@Animefan_09
Prologue only briefly introduces the world and characters, there's not much else. If you're going to get confused by something, I'll show up later. Even WIP patch still requires at least some minimal playtesting, and the beginning alone probably won't be all that helpful, so I'd rather avoid getting sidetracked and focus on finishing the TL as soon as possible.
Well that is a shame, and i just want to add something to what Cleanfeel said (or your response): that is not even touching on people that will mess up on purpose, for example i can totally see someone messing with a translation because they know is for a ntr game or discover it after doing some work

Cleanfeel

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Well that is a shame, and i just want to add something to what Cleanfeel said (or your response): that is not even touching on people that will mess up on purpose, for example i can totally see someone messing with a translation because they know is for a ntr game or discover it after doing some work
That's what version control is for. But if he's not a programmer I don't expect him to know that

iWriter88

Reputation score
70% progress is good! Would have been nice to get it this Christmas but it's okay. Kuroinu 2 came out last week and Gyu's next game is coming out any week now so there's enough H to tide me over until your Guignol translation arrives : )

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score
70% progress is good! Would have been nice to get it this Christmas but it's okay. Kuroinu 2 came out last week and Gyu's next game is coming out any week now so there's enough H to tide me over until your Guignol translation arrives : )
Yeah and Cleanfel updated his patch for Leanne 2 so that is another big game to play.

That's what version control is for. But if he's not a programmer I don't expect him to know that
I just remembered you were asking for other game sto work on, have you tried VenusBlood games? There are various but avoid the first (already transalted) and 1 called frontier, anyway all those games include battle and mechanics so i think you may like at leasts 1.

OP
PabloC

PabloC

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@gyahaha
Yeah, no worries. I'm a stubborn completionist, I don't drop things until I finish everything I can do. I'm just very slow. :p

Speaking of being slow - as I worried, the New Year came with a ton of stuff to deal with at work (new funds for new research projects, incoming new semester = new lectures to prepare and so on), so I made little to no progress with the TL. All that stuff will probably keep me busy for the next week or two. Or three... Seriously, not being a NEET is very bad for fan translators. -.-'

gyahaha

Reputation score
@gyahaha
Yeah, no worries. I'm a stubborn completionist, I don't drop things until I finish everything I can do. I'm just very slow. :p

Speaking of being slow - as I worried, the New Year came with a ton of stuff to deal with at work (new funds for new research projects, incoming new semester = new lectures to prepare and so on), so I made little to no progress with the TL. All that stuff will probably keep me busy for the next week or two. Or three... Seriously, not being a NEET is very bad for fan translators. -.-'
Thanks for the answer :D and good luck

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score
@gyahaha

Look at it like this: less chance of you suddenly dropping off death of starvation!!

Also 1 new year goal archieved: i wasn't the first 1 to ask you!! now i am free to nag every week :p

sorrow4444

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Hi guys, sorry for being anoying, but i have lost my full save with the last version scenes and i was wondering if someone could put it here, the old thread was deleted so i cant ask for it there properly there LOL. Thank you in advance and sorry for being "that guy" and for my bad english as ever

sorrow4444

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
As im seeing no one its giving the save i have begin to make one myself replaying this game, but im stuck in the jail at 2 meters of the mc girl,cant open the door, can go back and cant leave so can someone give me some help¿? im so fucking stuck, like 1h, or giving that save =)

TY and as ever sorry for my shitty english

iWriter88

Reputation score
As im seeing no one its giving the save i have begin to make one myself replaying this game, but im stuck in the jail at 2 meters of the mc girl,cant open the door, can go back and cant leave so can someone give me some help¿? im so fucking stuck, like 1h, or giving that save =)

TY and as ever sorry for my shitty english

Link for a bunch of saves, enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.