What's new

'Pokemon Adventure' OOC Thread

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: OOC Thread

I'm going to be on vacation this week, just giving everyone warning. Crystals not participating in the battle anyways, but I think Charles has been waiting for a post, not sure. So yeah, I should be back sunday or monday, see ya guys!

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm going to be on vacation this week, just giving everyone warning. Crystals not participating in the battle anyways, but I think Charles has been waiting for a post, not sure. So yeah, I should be back sunday or monday, see ya guys!
Yeah, I'm going to stab Shade for not updating in 4 DAYS!!!

shadearion

Truffles and/or Peaches
Reputation score

Nag. I was drinking. You don't want me to post then...

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Suri: Edit'd

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Um... does anyone remember that your characters can climb up ledges easily...

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

I'd forgotten. :eek: However Kiyos response stays the same either way though, the north would be easier, but I imagine he wants to catch a new pokemon, and maybe train with a trainer battle. So I stick to my previous post of north or south. :p

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

A little something to help people out with what pokemon are normally found in Hoenn:

I know Iggy is changing a few locations up a bit, and putting the starters in as wild pokemon, but this should give a good idea.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also, certain pokemon are only found on certain areas of routes now. For example, on Route 102, Lotad appears more frequently closer to the small lake and less frequently away from it and Seedot appears less frequently near the small lake, and more frequently away from it. Also, Surskit ONLY appears near the small lake.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also, when I say that a pokemon gains experience from a battle, I don't literally mean EXP like in an RPG, I mean battle knowledge like learning from the experience they had when battling.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Hey, I think I posted this somewhere else, but it kind of is worth repeating. I'm going through some personal issues here at home, so my posting speed will vary. Please understand, I'll try to post as often as I can.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This'll be helpful for when you start battling;

If there's two of you, and one trainer challenging your team, unless they specify otherwise, you have the choice between which of you will battle.

Reputation score

With some time on my hands I have been thinking of few things I wish to ask about that the other players may be able to use as well.

First is the Pokedex. Do we have to catch a pokemon to get information on it, point it at the pokemon, or can we just look up the info?.

Next is carrying stuff. Is it like real life and only take what you can or is it like the game, a bag with a bunch of pouches that can hold more then the bag's size?.

The last thing is about is food. Is the meat from real animals or pokemon raised to be used as food or is it something else?.

I hope I'm not being rude about this and if you do answer, thx.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

With some time on my hands I have been thinking of few things I wish to ask about that the other players may be able to use as well.

First is the Pokedex. Do we have to catch a pokemon to get information on it, point it at the pokemon, or can we just look up the info?.

Next is carrying stuff. Is it like real life and only take what you can or is it like the game, a bag with a bunch of pouches that can hold more then the bag's size?.

The last thing is about is food. Is the meat from real animals or pokemon raised to be used as food or is it something else?.

I hope I'm not being rude about this and if you do answer, thx.
1. Pointing at the Pokemon gets partial data, catching gets the rest.

2. Like the game, except slightly more realistic.

3. That's a secret.

shadearion

Truffles and/or Peaches
Reputation score

There's a Pokemon shelter for traumatized Pokemon, they go in there, get slaughtered, and it's processed into meat. Try the Hoot Hoot, it's delicious!

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There's a Pokemon shelter for traumatized Pokemon, they go in there, get slaughtered, and it's processed into meat. Try the Hoot Hoot, it's delicious!
The Combusken tastes like chicken~.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

*Slaps Iggy for that*

tycho0042

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

lol, all I could think of was ralph wiggum from the simpsons. when he ate those wild berries.
"It tastes like...burning"

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sorry for not posting regularly... I've been busy with college and such...

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm thinking of redoing the entire Hoenn Adventure PBP. I'm thinking of wiping everything clean and starting off with a less complicated play system. Instead of having everyone having the same goals, I've decided to give more freedom to what the players want to do in the roleplay. Unfortunately, I cannot change the name of the PBP section to "Pokemon Adventure" which would be more fitting, because I am expanding beyond just the Hoenn Region. That's right, I'm going to allow you guys to go to any of the regions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh at will. Also, you do not have to play as a Pokemon trainer trying to "Catch 'Em All". In this PBP Roleplay, you will now be allowed to play as pretty much whatever you want. You can be a travelling painter, travelling photographer, Pokemon Breeder, a monk seeking enlightenment, or whatever you feel like. Also, I WILL allow ERO this time in addition to actually having a choice of whether you want to be in a group thread or not. Please give me feedback on anyone that's interested and if previous members would be okay with me deleting the original game...

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Well maiko disappeared due to RL stuffs, so my old one died rather abruptly; as well as my own falling out. But I'm up for either way really. I like the photographer idea and not having to be a trainer is nice too. So interest gotten here. -_^