What's new

Pokemon RP interest thread

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Before I begin this will not be an ERP. I repeat, THIS WILL NOT BE AN ERP. I say this as I know there will be some of you expecting this to contain some degree of h-content, and while I’m all for romance between characters I don’t expect there to be any sex scenes explored during the course of the game. For those of you expecting such, and are only interested in joining because you thought there was going to be h-content I suggest you either; turn around and forget about signing up altogether as you will be disappointed or get rid of such assumptions and enjoy the game for what it is.

Right, now that we’ve got that out of the way time to go on to what this game will play like. For the most part this Pokémon RP will play out much like any other freeform RP, however battles will play out much like the video games and as such will be a turn-based affair. Rules and such for combat will follow shortly. The game itself will be set in the Johto region where the players have been recruited by the Professors of the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh regions to perform a mission for them that will branch into the main story of the game. As well as following along in the story players can do whatever they want, however earning gym badges will be the only means of increasing the amount of stock shops will sell to the individual player.

As mentioned above each player will be a Pokémon trainer that has been recruited to help the Professors. You all will be new trainers and as such won’t have any Pokémon of your own, however you will be able to select ONE Pokémon from the Professors as your first Pokémon. Each Professor has four Pokémon from their respective regions and only one person can choose any one Pokémon so it’s first come first serve. If someone has already chosen a Pokémon you really want I suggest talking it over with them in a PM or something as I’m not going to be playing favourites by holding back certain Pokémon for people.

The starting Pokémon (as well as their starting move’s, type and starting HP) are as follows;
Code:
[i]Kanto[/i]
Bulbasaur (grass/poison)
4HP
-Tackle
-Growl

Charmander (fire)
4HP
-Scratch
-Growl

Squirtle (water)
4HP
-Tackle
-Tail Whip

Mankey (fighting)
4HP
-Scratch
-Leer

[i]Johto[/i]
Chikorita (grass)
4HP
-Tackle
-Growl

Cyndaquil (fire)
4HP
-Tackle
-Leer

Totodile (water)
4HP
-Low Kick
-Leer

Spinarak (bug/poison)
4HP
-Poison Sting
-String Shot

[i]Hoenn[/i]
Treeko (grass)
4HP
-Pound
-Leer

Torchic (fire)
4HP
-Scratch
-Growl

Mudkip (water)
4HP
-Tackle
-Growl

Poochyena (dark)
4HP
-Tackle
-Howl

[i]Sinnoh[/i]
Turtwig (grass)
4HP
-Tackle
-Withdraw

Chimchar (fire)
4HP
-Scratch
-Leer

Piplup (water)
4HP
-Pound
-Growl

Shinx (electric)
4HP
-Tackle
-Leer
More Pokémon can be obtained by capturing them in battle as well as trading them with other players and certain NPC’s. There will also be special ‘event’ Pokémon that players can gain, these differ from other Pokémon of their species be that knowing moves they normally wouldn’t be able to or even being a completely different elemental type. Again, there won’t be any ‘favourites’, so if you want one when one appears you should aim to get it before anyone else or hope that the person who does get it will be willing to trade you for it.

X=----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=X​
PM me a list of up to TEN Pokémon with ONE move for each of them that they wouldn’t normally learn be that through levelling up, TM/HM’s or breeding (so long as it makes sense for them to have the move, no Charmanders with Hydro Pump or other silly combinations please) and you will receive one of them ingame at some point.

I will be using to reference what attacks and the like each Pokémon can learn so it would be best if you would use that too.
X=----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=X​

Stages
A Pokémon’s stage covers at what point of their evolutionary progression they are at. The stages are as follows;

Stage 0 – Baby Pokémon (Magby, Togepi etc…) are considered at Stage 0. Stage 0 Pokémon start off with 2HP however any Pokémon attacking them has to make two accuracy rolls; one for the attacks actual accuracy and another to see whether they will or will not attack the baby Pokémon. (roll a d20 to determine whether the attack has a chance of hitting, 1-10 the attack fails altogether, 11-20 the attack carries on as normal.)

Stage 1 – Pokémon that aren’t defined as being a baby Pokémon but evolve or are the first evolutions of a baby Pokémon are considered to be at Stage 1. A Stage 1 Pokémon starts off with 4HP (add 2HP onto an evolved baby Pokémon’s HP regardless of what its current HP is).

Stage 2 – Stage 2 Pokémon are those that have evolved from Stage 1 Pokémon. These Pokémon start off with 8HP (add 4HP onto an evolved Stage 1’s HP regardless of what its current HP is).

Stage 3 – Stage 3 Pokémon are those that have evolved from Stage 2 Pokémon. These Pokémon start off with 12HP (add 4HP onto an evolved Stage 2’s HP regardless of what its current HP is).

Stage X – Legendary Pokémon are considered to be at Stage X. Stage X Pokémon have no defined starting HP, instead each individual Stage X has their own starting HP.

Unstaged – Any Pokémon that doesn’t evolve or evolve from any Pokémon (including Shedinja) are considered to be Unstaged. As with Stage X Pokémon each Unstaged Pokémon has its own starting HP.

Battles
As mentioned earlier the battles in this RP will act out much in the same way as they do in the video games.

Initiative – Single Battles
Initiative is based on the Pokémon’s stage; a Pokémon of a higher stage will act before that of a lower stage unless it’s a Stage X Pokémon in which case the Stage X Pokémon will always act first regardless of the stage of the other Pokémon. If both Pokémon are at the same stage and the players opponent is either a wild Pokémon or an NPC trainer then the player goes first, though if it’s two players battling each other then a d20 is rolled; if the result is an odd number then the player assigned as Player 1 will act first though if the result is an even number Player 2 will act first.

Double Battles
In the case of four players participating in a double battle with their Pokémon all being at the same stage the player who acts first is determined by again rolling a d20. Though this time if the result is between 1-5 Player 1 will act first, if the result is 5-10 Player 2 will act first, if the result is between 11-15 Player 3 will act first and if the result is between 16-20 Player 4 will act first. Rolls are then made to determine who acts second (d15), third and fourth (d10).

EXP Gain
As Pokémon battle they gain experience which, when they gain enough gives them the chance to evolve into more powerful forms. In this RP there are two types of EXP; Level and HP EXP.

Level EXP
Level experience is what allows Pokémon to grow and become stronger, allowing them to not only evolve but to gain new attacks. For every 10 EXP a Pokémon gains a new level, though experience gain is determined by what stage the Pokémon is that they battled. As a note, any Pokémon that has participated in the battle gains experience though every Pokémon who participated will only gain 1EXP regardless of the stage of the opponent.

Code:
Players Pokémon is Stage 0;
Stage 0 – 1EXP
Stage 1 – 2EXP
Stage 2 – 3EXP
Stage 3 – 5EXP
Unstaged – 4EXP
Stage X – 10EXP

Player’s Pokémon is Stage 1;
Stage 0 – 0.5EXP
Stage 1 – 1EXP
Stage 2 – 2EXP
Stage 3 – 3EXP
Unstaged – 2.5EXP
Stage X – 10EXP

Players Pokémon is Stage 2;
Stage 0 – 0EXP
Stage 1 – 0.5EXP
Stage 2 – 1EXP
Stage 3 – 2EXP
Unstaged – 1.5EXP
Stage X – 10EXP

Players Pokémon is Stage 3;
Stage 0 – 0EXP
Stage 1 – 0EXP
Stage 2 – 0.5EXP
Stage 3 – 1EXP
Unstaged – 0.5EXP
Stage X – 10EXP

Players Pokémon is Unstaged;
Stage 0 – 0EXP
Stage 1 – 0.5EXP
Stage 2 – 1EXP
Stage 3 – 2EXP
Unstaged – 1EXP
Stage X – 10EXP

Players Pokémon is Stage X;
Stage 0 – 0EXP
Stage 1 – 0EXP
Stage 2 – 0.5EXP
Stage 3 – 1EXP
Unstaged – 0.5EXP
Stage X – 5EXP
HP EXP
HP experience is gained by battling trainers, both NPC’s (in the form of normal trainers, gym leaders etc…) and other players. For every trainer battle a Pokémon takes part in the Pokémon gains 1HP EXP, and for every 10HP EXP the Pokémon gains an extra 1HP. Players are expected to keep track of their EXP and HP EXP though the GM/s will try to help keep track of them as well.

Attack List, Pokémon Abilities, Item’s and Status Effects
Please refer to the lists that are available for information on each of these topics. (lists not available yet, though will be up just before the RP starts)

Pokémon
As with the games each player will be able to carry a maximum of six Pokémon at anytime. However, you can freely change any Pokémon from your team to one of those stored away at any Pokémon Center.

Equipables
Pokémon can be given items to hold that will benefit them in various ways. Unlike the video games though Pokémon can be given two items to hold, though you will be limited to only one healing item.

Attacks
Much like the games each Pokémon can only know a maximum of four attacks, however ONE attack can be kept as a reserve attack and can be switched with any attack outside of battle. The attack that was switched then becomes the reserve attack. All other attacks are forgotten as normal and can only be relearned with the help of a Move Tutor.

Same Type Attack Bonus (STAB)
Any Pokémon that uses an attack that is the same element as itself (eg. a fire-type Pokémon using a fire-type attack) deals an extra 50% damage rounded down, to a minimum of 1 extra damage.

Weakness and Resistance
An attack that is super effective against its target (eg. a fire-type attack being using against a grass-type Pokémon) deals double damage. An attack that is not very effective against its target (eg. a fire-type attack against a water-type Pokémon) deals half damage rounded down, to a minimum of 1 damage. STAB damage is taken into account before weakness and resistance is factored in.

Pokémon Sheet
Code:
Nickname/Species: (eg. Sparky/Pikachu)
Gender: (Male, Female or Unknown if the Pokémon doesn’t have a specified gender)
Type: (fire, water, grass etc…)
Stage:

HP:
Lv. Exp:
HP.Exp:

Item 1:
Item 2:

Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Attack 3:
Attack 4:

Reserve Attack:
Every Pokémon you own has to have a Pokémon sheet made out for it and put into your Character Sheet thread.

Character Sheet

Name:
Description:
Background:

Items: (This will have to be updated by the player as and when needed)
Money: (every player will start off with 3000Cr, and will have to be updated by the player as and when needed)

----------

Right, I don't have everything typed up for this yet, but I should have it all done by the end of the weekend. Also, I'm looking for a minimum of 5 players for this before I ask Aika/Nunu for a subforum.

Mirchie

The user previously known as Hero-in-the-Dark
Reputation score
Re: Pokemon RP interest thread

Interest, many interests.

I like teh Mudkipz :)

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Very interested.

I will have to think about this.

R

Ryka

I will participate. This will be fun.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

i like it, i have total interest in this

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Not interested in playing, but will keep tabs.

A long time ago, I put in a lot of work in a . I went around the PkMn fan sites to look for players, but have yet to see a regular group try it out. It's much more granular than what you have there, but it allows for a more simiulationist experience. If you are willing to take a step back, could you take a look at it?

Some of the missing content:
Stating a Pokemon
Getting the PkMn from their video game to SAME isn't hard, you just need some inside knowledge. To get a same stat for a PkMn, find the base stat from the video game. You can get the base stats from in depth strategy guides, online guides and wikis.

Use the following table for conversion:
PKMN Base Stat SAME Stat Modifier
255 : +18
250+ : +17
240+ : +16
230+ : +15
220+ : +14
210+ : +13
200+ : +12
190+ : +11
180+ : +10
170+ : + 9
160+ : + 8
150+ : + 7
140+ : + 6
130+ : + 5
120+ : + 4
110+ : + 3
100+ : + 2
90+ : + 1
80+ : + 0
70+ : - 1
60+ : - 2
50+ : - 3
40+ : - 4
30+ : - 5
20+ : - 6
10+ : - 7
<10 : - 8

This table is used for attacks too, with the following changes:
Double Kick's SAME power is increased by 1. Roll accuracy twice and pick the highest.
Multi-attack moves have their SAME power increased by 3. Roll accuracy twice and pick the highest. Defender rolls to soak twice and picks the lowest.
With high crit moves, for every point the accuracy roll beats the target's evasion, the total damage increases by 1.
Focus Energy does the same thing with the soak roll.

Weak buffs/debuffs like harden or tail whip modify a stat by 3, while good buffs/debuffs change a stat by 6, with the exception of evasion and accuracy modifiers which have a flat 3 point modifier and can only be stacked up thrice.

Last edited:

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

This looks interesting. I would have to, for the special pokemon, though either have a super-powered magikarp or abra.

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Woot, 5 people interested. Looks like I'll be spending most of the night typing up the moves, items, abilities etc...

@the_taken; your system looks pretty cool, though my aim is to make the battles fast paced so they dont drag on with dice rolls and such. The only dice rolls that'll be in the game are for accuracy and some other attack abilities such as status effects, whether a multi-turn attack hits and a couple of other things. Damage is already determined save for STAB and weakness/resistance, the only thing I haven't put up is how money is gained which is based on the opponents pokemon and their stage, then each type of trainer has a modifier to determine how much money you earn from beating them.

Just a reminder to those interested, PM me a list of Pokemon with an alternate move for each of them (obviously no legendaries or any of the 'canon' starter Pokemon). I've had one from Lila but I'll need a couple more.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Alright, I finally settled in enough after school ended for the semester to make a list, but I encountered one problem:

You said no moves that could be learned through tm's yet would still make sense for the pokemon... Generally, it seems as though if I move makes sense for a pokemon to be able to use, it can learn it through a tm in at least one stage of its evolution cycle.

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Ah, an example is in order methinks then; Gardevoir can't learn Recover, be that through leveling up, breeding or TM's. However it would make sense that she'd be able to learn it because most other Pyschic Pokemon have the attack.

As you make a valid point I think I will scrap the whole 'no TM's/HM's' thing, though I only put that on there because if they can learn the attack through TM's or HM's then they'd be able to get the attack eventually because you'll most likely end up finding at least one of each TM.

I also haven't done much work on the attacks and such recently because it's been pretty busy in work and I haven't found the time nor the energy to work on it. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get much work done on it this weekend either as a friend will be using my laptop while he's down to work on some stuff we've been developing however it will get done soon. So as long as people can bear with me and my rather chaotic schedule everything should be okay. If people want I'll ask Nunu to make the subforum ready and post up what I've got so far.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

This reminds me of the Poke'mon RP Siphon started up, so... could it be possible to transfer my char from there? :D

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Siphon? Sure, he was a part of it but ShadowWolfSBI was the GM lol

And sure, you can transfer your character over, but you'll have to choose your starter before someone else picks it.

Speaking of, everyone can choose their starters if they want.

Mirchie

Reputation score

Shotgun Mudkip!

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

You murdering *******! You killed it!

Mirchie

Reputation score

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz kill YOU!

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Is it any first stage evolution pokemon or just any starters from the games?

Mirchie

Reputation score

Is it any first stage evolution pokemon or just any starters from the games?
Read the first post. Oni told you which Pokemon you can choose from.

SirOni said:
The starting Pokémon (as well as their starting move’s, type and starting HP) are as follows;
Code:
[i]Kanto[/i]
Bulbasaur (grass/poison)
4HP
-Tackle
-Growl

Charmander (fire)
4HP
-Scratch
-Growl

Squirtle (water)
4HP