ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Possible Remake of Jungle Girl

http://ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=3

In fairness to gondaria, that subforum is called rules and announcements, it just happens to have the rules in it.

In fairness to everyone else, gondaria, there is a search function, you could look at the subsections in order and see which one is on top, or you could guess by the subsection name and you ended up going with the Linemarvel section.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Wait, we have rules? *laughs*

Zelzar

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Why do I feel like I should bang my head on the keyboard right now?

lhurgoyfguy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

did anyone else think to ask at lok forums or other places flash makers congregate whether or not someone would be willing to pick up development? that is, assuming nunu would let them.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Oh, I get it, so we can officially call it dead, right?

I mean really, did you just suggest giving one artist's work over to someone else who will no doubt slap their name all over it without even consulting them, much less obtaining their approval?

lhurgoyfguy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

most of the people over at lok forums who make flash seem pretty cool. nunu more or less suggested handing off coding to someone else, unless she was being sarcastic. hettie, while mia, made the art for the express purpose of being put in a game. as long as credit is given where its do, does it matter? as long as its distributed to the general public and not exploited by the people involved, isnt that the whole point? wouldnt you like a playable beta at least?

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I mean really, did you just suggest giving one artist's work over to someone else who will no doubt slap their name all over it without even consulting them, much less obtaining their approval?
You forgot to mention that LoK forums in general really, really suck at finishing even their own stuff.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

You forgot to mention that LoK forums in general really, really suck at finishing even their own stuff.
I thought it was implied in there. Was I too subtle ._.

Junkyard Dawg

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So long story short we are all still playing the waiting game and a few of us have been driven to distraction in the absence of new content posts. Did I sum it up properly?

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Seriously, someone lock this until more info comes. It'll keep the flogging downs until moral improves and there's actual news to worry bout.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Granted, some of the members of LoK are bad at finishing, but not all of them. If we gave all the artwork needed to someone like Gorepete(a user who is efficient) He'd probably have it done in about a week, maybe two.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Granted, some of the members of LoK are bad at finishing, but not all of them. If we gave all the artwork needed to someone like Gorepete(a user who is efficient) He'd probably have it done in about a week, maybe two.
He has finished one of his projects so far. He has scrapped three(if you count the succubus one, which he has since started from scratch.)

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

True, but he scraps them out of ambition, I'm just saying, if you look at what that guy codes in a day, if he accepted he would be finished after a few hours of coding so long as all necessary artwork was in place. He makes sidesrollers, he could probably just modify his rush beta.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Yeah, Gorepete seems like someone that could pull it off, but I think it'd be best to keep it here, it is our pride and glory anyways

Lollercoaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, Gorepete seems like someone that could pull it off, but I think it'd be best to keep it here, it is our pride and glory anyways
I don't think we should be too proud to ask for help.

If there's someone out there who's willing and capable of finishing the game, then why not ask him?

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Reaching out for help is not only a sign of good will, its a symbol of friendship between the forums. I myself highly respect the creative corner. They may not have all the finished projects, but god dammit they tried.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Reaching out for help is not only a sign of good will, its a symbol of friendship between the forums. I myself highly respect the creative corner. They may not have all the finished projects, but god dammit they tried.
Well I was saying more "keep it in the forums" as opposed to "moving it over there"

Lollercoaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, it looks like Hettie has gone the way of LineMarvel and PlayShapes :(.

(Whatever that might be)

Reputation score

Well, it looks like Hettie has gone the way of LineMarvel and PlayShapes :(.

(Whatever that might be)
Beginning to feel that way.

I wonder how much of the project Nunu has so we could maybe bring in someone else? Or bring another group on board? The game certainly has fans outside this board as well as inside it.