That is adorable, hettie. XDD
Utterly addorable. lol

MadHettie

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Possible Remake of Jungle Girl

I feel like I'm being really productive, but these are all the easy parts. :p

Here's the last defensive posture:

Jungle Girl turns her face away and raises her hands in front of her, making the universal signal for "Do Not Want!"

Also, since the middle tentacle is the only one that has to move out of its original path if the player defends against it, I thought it might be neat if it looked back at JG as it moves over her head. It's a sad, dejected tentacle. ^_^

undead_kenny

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

She's gotta have some pretty high charsima,to make a raping tentacle turn away just by holding her hands up.

MadHettie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, the "I'm holding my hands up so you can't touch me" defense always struck me as odd, but I got over it. There's not really a good, logical way to have Jungle Girl defend against the middle tentacle, unless you make her duck, which is already a defensive posture for the high tentacle (not to be confused with the High Tentacle, leader of the Order of Tentacles).

. . .I'm feeling silly today.:p

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wow, I'm loving this artwork and environments. LineMarvel would be so proud. TT_TT.... tears of joy by the way.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Just so you know, I am completely unable to watch the middle tentacles approach animation without hearing Ride of the Valkyries in my head. Also, everything looks awesome.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i'm not entierly happy with the middle tentacles approach.

perhaps if the middle tentacle where longer and went along like an S so it was still middle height. then hiding behind a bush could be defense against middle and defense against low could be up a tree.

that hiding in a bush is one of the cutest things i've seen in a while though.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Just so you know, I am completely unable to watch the middle tentacles approach animation without hearing Ride of the Valkyries in my head. Also, everything looks awesome.
First tubas and now Valkyries? If someone says that the top one makes em think of a certain Rick, I won't be held accountable for my actions *eyebrowtwitch*

Reputation score

i'm not entierly happy with the middle tentacles approach.

perhaps if the middle tentacle where longer and went along like an S so it was still middle height. then hiding behind a bush could be defense against middle and defense against low could be up a tree.

that hiding in a bush is one of the cutest things i've seen in a while though.
When I posted last I'd somehow missed the mid tentacle picture. And I kind of have to agree...the mid tentacle looks odd riding on another tentacle/vine like that. It makes one think, "what's moving the vine/branch? are other tentacles carrying this one?"

The simple fact is, I think that the mid tentacle will have to float like before. I mean, even in the old JG game over, and in the already shown green tentacle separate rape scene, it had no support, it moves on it's own. Maybe it's odd for it to float, but what do you think the blue one is doing technically? It's not swinging from tree to tree, insofar as we know.

On the other hand, I do very much like Nunu's idea about hiding behind the bush for the middle and the tree for the low tentacle - it fixes the question of "blocking? really? wouldn't it just ensnare her hands?"

Spray

Reputation score

When I posted last I'd somehow missed the mid tentacle picture. And I kind of have to agree...the mid tentacle looks odd riding on another tentacle/vine like that. It makes one think, "what's moving the vine/branch? are other tentacles carrying this one?"
Ok, this may be one of those really foolish posts, but what movement exactly are you talking about? If it is the movement going towards jungle girl, I was always under the impression she is moving towards it. Therefore it would be stationary on the vine. If you're talking about the movement up, well I just figured it was a simple form of her batting it aside. Granted really if she did that, why would it just crawl up her arm..... but then when did I need it to make a lot of sense. Looking back on that last part...I guess I wouldn't care if it did float.... but I'm not the one doing it.

I hope I didn't make this post sound confrontational or in any way offensive. That would rarely be my goal and was certainly not my intent. Hettie and Nunu I thank you for your work as always. Also, Hello everyone!

Reputation score

Ok, this may be one of those really foolish posts, but what movement exactly are you talking about? If it is the movement going towards jungle girl, I was always under the impression she is moving towards it. Therefore it would be stationary on the vine. If you're talking about the movement up, well I just figured it was a simple form of her batting it aside. Granted really if she did that, why would it just crawl up her arm..... but then when did I need it to make a lot of sense. Looking back on that last part...I guess I wouldn't care if it did float.... but I'm not the one doing it.

I hope I didn't make this post sound confrontational or in any way offensive. That would rarely be my goal and was certainly not my intent. Hettie and Nunu I thank you for your work as always. Also, Hello everyone!
^^ I didn't take it a confrontational.

Because the yellow ground tentacle moves towards JG, the Blue and Green tentacles are, in a way, also portrayed as moving closer. Since that's also what they did in JG v.1 (proven because if you dodge, which stops you from moving, tentacles keep moving at you).

legionary

Reputation score

CANT....lurk any more.....must...PRAISE!! This was one of my favorite games to play on newgrounds way back when. I know how hard game making/modding can be and I want to thank you and your team.

now that you know im here...."HI EVERY ONE!!"

*scuttles back into the darkness with the other lurkers*

Spray

Reputation score

You're, of course, correct. As soon as I read your post I realized I was wrong and that they have to be moving else they wouldn't be able to stack on each other. It makes me wonder why I had trouble perceiving the movement. It reminds me of when I was a child riding in the back seat of a car, and at a stop sign thinking cars were rolling backwards. They were not, it was just my car moving forward. Anyway, like you said, every mid tentacle has tentacle god parents that are forced to fly it around. Well, thank you for clearing that up!

Last edited:

MadHettie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The simple fact is, I think that the mid tentacle will have to float like before.
*whine* But I don't like it. . . *pouts*

*melodramatic sigh*
You guys are probably right, though. Since Jungle Girl isn't always moving forward, it won't make a lot of sense for that vine to be moving.
*melodramatic sigh #2*

On the other hand, I do very much like Nunu's idea about hiding behind the bush for the middle and the tree for the low tentacle - it fixes the question of "blocking? really? wouldn't it just ensnare her hands?"
The problem with this is that her defensive moves don't really correspond to the threats. If stepping off the path to hide behind a plant works for one tentacle, why should Jungle Girl have to hide behind a different plant for the other tentacle? Why would hiding behind a bush provide safety while hiding behind a tree result in rape-y hijinx? As silly as the blocking looks, it at least looks like JG is defending against a specific tentacle in such a way that would leave her vulnerable to the other two types.

Spray

Reputation score

Is it still going to look backward like it is sad?

R

Ryka

I don't think it looks 'sad' at all...

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

CANT....lurk any more.....must...PRAISE!! This was one of my favorite games to play on newgrounds way back when. I know how hard game making/modding can be and I want to thank you and your team.

now that you know im here...."HI EVERY ONE!!"

*scuttles back into the darkness with the other lurkers*
Someone say me name?