What's new

[WIP - Full] Princess Sacrifice - Eng Translation (WIP)

black990

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Princess Sacrifice - Eng Translation (WIP)

Lol, not yet. I love this game too much to stop.
Happy to know it so :D

You are doing a creat job man, are you translating it alone right? I'm not a programmer... but try to don't work to much, sometimes take a break or you'll end bored of doing it

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Happy to know it so :D

You are doing a creat job man, are you translating it alone right? I'm not a programmer... but try to don't work to much, sometimes take a break or you'll end bored of doing it
Currently, the user Omio is tackling Nozzle Village while I'm handling the Slime Forest. It's working out, so far.

And no worries, Black. :) I ain't got time to be bored.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Really looking forward to this being complete, I know it will be a while but we all appreciate the work you guys are putting in. :)

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Quick update: I've edited out 'prostitution' in favour of 'whore'. For obvious reasons. (Limited space)
If I haven't reported back in regards of me testing out the change, that probably means the change didn't break the game.

black990

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Quick update: I've edited out 'prostitution' in favour of 'whore'. For obvious reasons. (Limited space)
If I haven't reported back in regards of me testing out the change, that probably means the change didn't break the game.
My first language is not english, so i don't know if it sounds good or if is not the appropiate word, but what about "Whoring"?

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Nobody says whore with an '-ing'...mostly.
Really? I think it's a fairly common term. "Whoring yourself out" means, you know, selling your body.

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

This...looks promising...
Untitled.jpg
Both Feena and the enemies can use it without any problems...seemingly. I ended up changing all strings with '全力攻撃' for 'Power Strike'. (Weirdly enough, Power Strike shows up just fine even with some strings having the JPN characters at one point. Just to be safe, I'm going to change them all into ENG.)

This revelation means I can now translate the skills in combat! (As long as the game doesn't crash on me...)

EDIT: Had to roll back in order to test a theory. I changed one string and Feena's skills show up in English, but not for the enemy. I'll need to figure out which to change for the enemies.

RE-EDIT: Given the amount of effort required to comb through the files for the skills whilst ensuring the game functions fine, I believe it would be best if I just focus on the narration. (I'll get more results this way.)

Last edited:

UrusaiSenpai

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I love you Memory! :eek:
Can't wait for the full translation :>
Being so useless, hurts sometimes. Can't not do anything else than giving you some endorsement for you work, I hope it helps :3

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Don't feel useless. Encouragement and endorsements are always helpful to translators.

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Encouragement and endorsements are always helpful to translators.
Indeed. (And a bit of aid once in a while is always welcomed~)

Speaking of encouragement, there are users (On that site with a number four) thinks it is simple and easy to just extract the text from the files, lay them out in a tidy fashion, and then provide them to translators, under the impression this will speed up the progress dramatically. (Mostly paraphrased)
While that sense of thinking is true, one needs to take into account how the game (Princess Sacrifice) works. Mainly, that the text in the files has no context. One cannot tell who is speaking to whom, when and where it's happening, and most importantly of all, it's all spread out like a bloody maze.

One part is clear as day and set at the top of the files, but then it shifts to the very bottom and then redirects itself to the centre and potentially drive off the rails and enters an entirely different file.
This is how bullshit this game and its files are set out. One has to play through the game, to determine what is what, and then find and translate them in the files.

Overall, this is NOT simple. It's bullshit. And I'm not stopping 'till I'm satisfied.

Last edited:

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Indeed. (And a bit of aid once in a while is always welcomed~)

Speaking of encouragement, there are users (On that site with a number four) thinks it is simple and easy to just extract the text from the files, lay them out in a tidy fashion, and then provide them to translators, under the impression this will speed up the progress dramatically. (Mostly paraphrased)
While that sense of thinking is true, one needs to take into account how the game (Princess Sacrifice) works. Mainly, that the text in the files has no context. One cannot tell who is speaking to whom, when and where it's happening, and most importantly of all, it's all spread out like a bloody maze.

One part is clear as day and set at the top of the files, but then it shifts to the very bottom and then redirects itself to the centre and potentially drive off the rails and enters an entirely different file.
This is how bullshit this game and its files are set out. One has to play through the game, to determine what is what, and then find and translate them in the files.

Overall, this is NOT simple. It's bullshit. And I'm not stopping 'till I'm satisfied.
The joys of spaghetti code that somehow works, but no one in their right mind has any idea how or why it does in its current form. More respect to you for undertaking that mess.

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Hmm...I haven't done much on this project as of late. Best provide a report on how things are going.

1. The translation for Nozzle Village on the surface is almost complete. The dialogue from the NPCs are mostly trivial, which is SO BORING. (I say 'surface' as in 'when Feena first enters the village'. There are several layers to this village and there are some I don't think I've ever triggered on my playthroughs.)
2. I ended up changing some things in-game. Namely, 'Curse of the Chain' is now called 'Cursed Chains', and 'Explosive' to 'Explosive Keg'. The rest is grammar on my part.
3. Most of the skills and items now show up in English during battle for Feena. This doesn't apply to enemies, not yet at this point. (Translating everything into English may sound like the most sensible thing to do, but that attempt CAN soft-crash the game, so I have to perform trial-&-error to discover what does what. Once I've determined the source, it usually becomes easy)
4. The Slime Forest is...eh, almost done. Hard to muster any strength when it's so bland. (Aside from the Slime Hunter in the hut. Getting to him for translation will be a treat, no doubt.)
5. I've re-aligned the text in the opening to be more in line with the JPN version. It's supposed to be centred.

I'm not going to upload an update 'till it's cleaned up. I'm not one to present something incomplete.
Good news is I like Mariel's character a lot more, now. She's adorable. (Much more than Feena, I dare say.)

That's all for today, folks.

Last edited:
OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Had to dig through the original for this line...because I translated it without thinking. (...it happens.)
……イッちゃうう……
もうイッちゃうよおっ……!
Part of Feena's dialogue, it's only used twice as far as I can tell.
Can't find anything about this, unfortunately. Can anyone help?

I've also never heard phrase before, so any help is greatly appreciated.

salking

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Had to dig through the original for this line...because I translated it without thinking. (...it happens.)
……イッちゃうう……
もうイッちゃうよおっ……!
Part of Feena's dialogue, it's only used twice as far as I can tell.
Can't find anything about this, unfortunately. Can anyone help?

I've also never heard phrase before, so any help is greatly appreciated.
As far as I know イッちゃうう means climaxing/cumming
So one translation could be:

......Cumming......
I'm cumming......!

could be better I guess, but that's what I get from it

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

As far as my very limited knowledge on the subject goes:

when they say "i-ku" or "i-ciao" (©):cool: you can bet there is a climax coming.

Keep up the good work and thank you for doing this!
Cheers

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

As far as I know イッちゃうう means climaxing/cumming
So one translation could be:

......Cumming......
I'm cumming......!

could be better I guess, but that's what I get from it
"I'm cumming again...!" I believe, since it starts with "mou".

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

"I'm cumming again...!" I believe, since it starts with "mou".
...............Shit. I did not take this into account. >.< There were multiple occasions where 'mou' showed up and I kinda ignored them. (Or tried to capture the meaning into the overall translation.)
Hopefully, It's not too serious.

Also, thank you 'salking, zipetya, Crispin' for lending a hand.