What's new

VN/TEXT [Pykrete Blue] Survive or Succumb - A post-apocalyptic text RPG.

OP
Pykrete Blue

Pykrete Blue

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Hey, y'all wanna see a 3 and a half year necro?

I'll spare the long story -- that can be found on the old , freshly updated! -- but after a lot of Stuff ™ I've settled down, got financially secure, and last week I put the (99%) finishing touches on the Framework I'd been making in Quest for just over a year, on and off. Again, details on the blog.

I've begun active development on a game again -- less ambitious than SoS in some ways, infinitely more in others -- but I'm going to hold off on making a topic for it until I've more to show. But, for now, have a screenshot of what I hope is a vastly improved UI.
Preview.png

Last edited:

Cyln

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Those are great news! I loved SoS and came back to it from time to time only to cry myself to sleep, because it will never be finished.
I'm stoked to see you back!

OP
Pykrete Blue

Pykrete Blue

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Woo, fuzzy feelings!

I'm trying something a little different this time around, going with a lightly customizable but mostly set character. A problem I had with SoS was the same issue I ran into years ago when I attempted submissions to TiTS, that being that I find it difficult to write scenes for a Created Character because I don't want to make assumptions about their personality. Practice scenes I've written with developed characters, on the other hand, easily hit between 2000-5000 words.

Oh, but on the subject of length, I don't need to segment scenes any more. A little modification in my framework removes the 'scroll to end' behaviour present in Quest, so now if I drop more than a page of text it doesn't autoscroll down, ruining the ending!

I have 3 games planned in a shared universe, though I'm going to be trying very hard to focus on one at a time.

OP
Pykrete Blue

Pykrete Blue

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
My tastes haven't changed much, and where they have it's probably for the better! For one thing, where SoS was a fem-only world, the new setting is mixed gender, though I'll be sticking to female protagonists. I lifted some elements from SoS that I liked, particularly with regards to races -- expect the return of the Gremlins and Cultists for sure, a different take on the Clones, a rework of Puddins and a general amalgamation of the rest into the catch-all race, Varia -- Varied Life.

OP
Pykrete Blue

Pykrete Blue

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Nothing major to report, just refining my framework as I start on my new game. In the spirit of procrastinating from writing, I tweaked the status bars I had... and many little tweaks later, now they're fully animated! Link's on the > <

OP
Pykrete Blue

Pykrete Blue

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Bumping with a proper preview image of my main project, ! I don't have anything playable yet, so I'll hold off on making a new topic for now. Release date for demo; Uhh...

EDIT: Wow! It's been a while!

I'm not gunna necro this one, but I will edit this final post.

tldr: Sunshunned was pushed back as I ported my entire framework into Twine. I made a test game on that framework and things spiralled from there. Please enjoy , a free text game available to play online or via download here! The thread for it can be found here!

Last edited: