What's new

ACT [Quail/uzuraZanac] Seal of Lutellaria ( RJ01042384 )

OP
IAmAKi

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Holy shit, out of goddamn nowhere. Can't wait to play this.

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I'm honestly surprised that it came out so quickly after I saw this was being made. Of course I could just be late to the party, or maybe time has seriously just flown by. But anyway, I'm really interested what enemies and H-scenes are in the game. I know the dev likes to make some very...unique designs, so I wonder how that'll transition to the scenes.

OP
IAmAKi

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Truly vile, they've fucking slapped a filter over pretty much everything phallic-shaped. It's nowhere near as bad as it could have been but I still despise DLsite for forcing Quail to do this.

I hope he releases it on steam or itch.io too, I'll be happy to buy it again if I get the version free of censor tyrants.

Edit: Christ in hell this game's bosses do not fuck around.

Last edited:

Poiya

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
i've got a Wacatac.H!ml trojan warning, is it a false positive?
Yes, it's a false positive. Been playing the game for a while now with the provided link, and it works just fine.

Edit: Been messing around in area 2, but there seems to be an optional enemy that will appear if you ring a certain 'bell' a couple of times, and move to a different room.
Luckily, it can be cheesed with parry strikes

Last edited:

Sscdrake

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Super excited for this!

Truly vile, they've fucking slapped a filter over pretty much everything phallic-shaped. It's nowhere near as bad as it could have been but I still despise DLsite for forcing Quail to do this.

I hope he releases it on steam or itch.io too, I'll be happy to buy it again if I get the version free of censor tyrants.

Edit: Christ in hell this game's bosses do not fuck around.

Not really sure how it could be worse, this is actually some of the worst censorship I've seen from DLSITE. I wonder if something political is going on in Japan because DLSITE has been hella ridiculous with the moziacs recently; I remember it being a huge deal with night of revenge and hearing something about making sure it wasn't easy to remove or whatever, like damn.

I hope more of these developers release on Steam or elsewhere, because yeesh.

Last edited:

Poiya

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
The boss in zone 2 is more of a pain than difficult really. For those that don't know what to do on her last "phase", just hit the glowing ball a couple of times. It's easier to hit it using the shotgun mod.
Another tip i'd give is also buy as much Def upgrades as possible, as the enemies just hit unexpectedly hard later on.

OP
IAmAKi

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Alright, since it's been a hot minute I'm gonna give an unbiased review of Lutellaria.
Despite Dlsite's vandalization of the product it's still easily the best thing on the whole site. You failed, fuckers. It's still better than all those shitty visual novels selling for $50 while not even costing $10.

The world is stunning, the pixel art size is humongous and well-animated, the gameplay is challenging and pulls no punches and while controls are a high skill ceiling + require a bit of remapping, Ruby (the PC you play as) is still a very swift and powerful fighter once you get the flow of her movement. Overall I'd say general gameplay is very solid once you get past the initial learning curve, up until you get to the bosses. Then it's quite a fucking tough challenge as all sorts of bullet and laser type patterns force you to dash lots while conserving ammo. I cannot beat the third one for the life of me, I feel like it hits much too hard so I'm going to do some more grinding on defense and offense. Money's easy to earn by the way, just hunt for "keys" in the first area when you unlock them.

Once again the whole atmosphere is uncanny and strange but in the best way possible, there really is some crazy yet beautiful scenery created by this guy. Quail dialled back the number of inhuman vs humanoid enemies since the last title, but there's still plenty of 'em to discover. There's also dom and sub scenes for most things you encounter, so have at them. Light horror elements return accompanied by an existential crisis or two, and reality is gradually peeled away to reveal something more bizarre and sinister than the last area. There's also lore to uncover, fully translated to english so if you want to make sense of the story there is incentive in exploration beyond HP buffs.

I believe this game is for most, but not all people. It's pretty difficult and challenging and getting to that next checkpoint isn't the most easy trial post region 1, especially coming up onto bosses if you don't want to waste an excess of time grinding. But grinding is what you must do to proceed. Just remember you can make it easier for yourself with every key collected. There is no punishment for death besides being returned to the hub area. Don't fear losing, just know you have to do some more killing if you feel like you've hit a wall.

If you can afford to buy this game, please do so so this dev can keep making unique content with lots of beautiful futanari set in a metroidvania format. If you pirate it and want to support the dev, it's worth doing so if it encourages him to keep on working and might give him some down time after what was most likely a troublesome experience with Dlsite's deranged censorship policies. You don't have to listen to me of course, but sales keep him with a roof over his head and allow him to keep working on future titles which he clearly wants to do. I think he deserves twice the sales he got from Setaria.

That's all. Remember to treat the cleaners nicely.

Kernog

Reputation score
Alright, since it's been a hot minute I'm gonna give an unbiased review of Lutellaria.
Despite Dlsite's vandalization of the product it's still easily the best thing on the whole site. You failed, fuckers. It's still better than all those shitty visual novels selling for $50 while not even costing $10.

The world is stunning, the pixel art size is humongous and well-animated, the gameplay is challenging and pulls no punches and while controls are a high skill ceiling + require a bit of remapping, Ruby (the PC you play as) is still a very swift and powerful fighter once you get the flow of her movement. Overall I'd say general gameplay is very solid once you get past the initial learning curve, up until you get to the bosses. Then it's quite a fucking tough challenge as all sorts of bullet and laser type patterns force you to dash lots while conserving ammo. I cannot beat the third one for the life of me, I feel like it hits much too hard so I'm going to do some more grinding on defense and offense. Money's easy to earn by the way, just hunt for "keys" in the first area when you unlock them.

Once again the whole atmosphere is uncanny and strange but in the best way possible, there really is some crazy yet beautiful scenery created by this guy. Quail dialled back the number of inhuman vs humanoid enemies since the last title, but there's still plenty of 'em to discover. There's also dom and sub scenes for most things you encounter, so have at them. Light horror elements return accompanied by an existential crisis or two, and reality is gradually peeled away to reveal something more bizarre and sinister than the last area. There's also lore to uncover, fully translated to english so if you want to make sense of the story there is incentive in exploration beyond HP buffs.

I believe this game is for most, but not all people. It's pretty difficult and challenging and getting to that next checkpoint isn't the most easy trial post region 1, especially coming up onto bosses if you don't want to waste an excess of time grinding. But grinding is what you must do to proceed. Just remember you can make it easier for yourself with every key collected. There is no punishment for death besides being returned to the hub area. Don't fear losing, just know you have to do some more killing if you feel like you've hit a wall.

If you can afford to buy this game, please do so so this dev can keep making unique content with lots of beautiful futanari set in a metroidvania format. If you pirate it and want to support the dev, it's worth doing so if it encourages him to keep on working and might give him some down time after what was most likely a troublesome experience with Dlsite's deranged censorship policies. You don't have to listen to me of course, but sales keep him with a roof over his head and allow him to keep working on future titles which he clearly wants to do. I think he deserves twice the sales he got from Setaria.

That's all. Remember to treat the cleaners nicely.
I was about to post mostly the same review. Great game, with good gameplay, great horror graphics, and gorgeous animations. Well, well, well worth the price. Hopefully the dev will release an uncensored (or rather, unsoiled) version on Steam or Itch. Unlike Dieselmine's latest game, I would have no hesitation instantly rebuying it. I will comment as much on the dev's blog tomorrow, once I get some sleep.
I strongly encourage you to buy the game legally, if you got it by other means.

The third area was probably the funniest one, even with (or rather thanks to) its simplicity. Just give me a rogue-lite gauntlet with enemies of increasing difficulty, some traps, and some bosses in-between, and I'd be the happiest of men.

There is still one door locked after I beat the game, so there might be a DLC area planned in the future.

Also, yeah, grind the last level for a while to improve on defense. The upgrades are cheap for a reason. I beat the final boss with lvl 20 melee, lvl 20 magazine, lvl 70 defense, lvl 10 armor, and lvl 16 weapons

Edit: One last thing: the dialogues that display on the upper-left seem to be moddable, through the .csv file in the "Text" folder. So if you ever want to add more lines, you can peruse into it.

Last edited:

elasahel

Reputation score
I finished the game, about the lore I will write about it later, there are things that are left open, the fact that the animations are not executed automatically in the gallery annoys me :(, then I will give uzura the request so that they are executed automatically.
postscript treat the cleaners well this happens when you hit them and they are left on the floor immobile :,( image-web.jpg

cell943

Reputation score
The boss in zone 2 is more of a pain than difficult really. For those that don't know what to do on her last "phase", just hit the glowing ball a couple of times. It's easier to hit it using the shotgun mod.
Another tip i'd give is also buy as much Def upgrades as possible, as the enemies just hit unexpectedly hard later on.
I don't think defense or attack really helps. I have max attack and defense (yes, I cheated the money value), and hitting the ball barely moves the pink meter up (about 75% full after 20-30 attacks with max atk/max shotgun), and some of her attacks still do 25% of my health (five hearts). It's interesting to see that even with max stats, you can't always oneshot basic mobs (those with higher levels).
That aside, the boss is difficult for many, I imagine. The constant onslaught of attacks can be really hard to manage, especially for those with physical/mental issues affecting reaction and keyboard manipulation. It's silly to brush aside the pains others have just because you didn't have the same pain.

Edit: For anyone wondering, the HP value starts at 1,074,593,792 (for 0) and increases by increments of 131,072. So if you have 5 hearts (655,360), your HP value is 1,075,249,152

Last edited:

asiaraj

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
There is still one door locked after I beat the game, so there might be a DLC area planned in the future.
Digging through the game's code, it looks like the door was planned to be a punishment type room where you can spawn enemies and it may have been scrapped due to time constraints. However, it could also be included in a planned update like you mentioned. The reason why I think this is a punishment room is because the boarded up door leads to a room called the "Osiokiroom". Osioki I believe translates to "punishment" in english.

1680227525522.png

Here's what the OsiokiRoom map looks like:

1680227555077.png

As you can see above, the room is a large and spacious room and it is currently empty.

elasahel

Reputation score
Digging through the game's code, it looks like the door was planned to be a punishment type room where you can spawn enemies and it may have been scrapped due to time constraints. However, it could also be included in a planned update like you mentioned. The reason why I think this is a punishment room is because the boarded up door leads to a room called the "Osiokiroom". Osioki I believe translates to "punishment" in english.

View attachment 47272

Here's what the OsiokiRoom map looks like:

View attachment 47273

As you can see above, the room is a large and spacious room and it is currently empty.
I would love a punishment room, it would be nice to replace the gallery since it is annoying that the animations do not run automatically

asiaraj

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I would love a punishment room, it would be nice to replace the gallery since it is annoying that the animations do not run automatically
I'm working on a simple mod that adds an "auto" mode where animations will run automatically in the gallery.

EDIT: it is very close to being finished! Few bug fixes and quality of life updates for gallery soon

1680241477028.png

Last edited:

elasahel

Reputation score
I'm working on a simple mod that adds an "auto" mode where animations will run automatically in the gallery
you are a fucking GOD please mention me when you are ready, I would really appreciate it a lot