What's new

ADV Patreon Active RPG Maker [Reepyr] Adventures of Tara (v0.86.D19)

Re: Adventures of Tara - English H-Game [Demo] [1/29]

I really liked that Animus class scene. Looks like Bernial might turn out to be different than your regular guy who falls in love with the MC but also manipulates her at the same time.

BTW, it seems from the demo that you can already choose your route, does that mean that after you choose one of those routes you can't go back or inbetween them?

I'm just curious because if you can (go back and forth), will there be a way to completely avoid a route and stick to only one?

Just asking because you mentioned NTR in the updated post, which I assume will be in the Bernial route.

I really liked that Animus class scene. Looks like Bernial might turn out to be different than your regular guy who falls in love with the MC but also manipulates her at the same time.

BTW, it seems from the demo that you can already choose your route, does that mean that after you choose one of those routes you can't go back or in between them?

I'm just curious because if you can (go back and forth), will there be a way to completely avoid a route and stick to only one?

Just asking because you mentioned NTR in the updated post, which I assume will be in the Bernial route.

Hi Xil, glad you liked the Animation scene. Took me a long time to get it the way I wanted. Did you have the music on by the way?

After running a poll on my patreon page it was actually unanimous that the routes separate here rather than later. Part of it was they wanted to make it easier for me to code, and I appreciate that! So yes, once you pick a route that will determine your path forward from there and either there will be a new game+ option or just returning to a save before the choice.

The question now will be which route to work on first? I'll be running another poll soon. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Xil
Re: Adventures of Tara - English H-Game [Demo] updated [1/29]

The link on 1st page require password. Did you post the wrong link?

In the OP, link to the demo is broken. h_ttps://mega.nz/#!aZgARAwC!<br /><br />Xj7JozCovWHpWElcLbFXk8tjMf3Msz_y9ATjbabIOKk , I don't think it needs those <br />'s breaking the lines in there.

After running a poll on my patreon page it was actually unanimous that the routes separate here rather than later. Part of it was they wanted to make it easier for me to code, and I appreciate that! So yes, once you pick a route that will determine your path forward from there and either there will be a new game+ option or just returning to a save before the choice.

The question now will be which route to work on first? I'll be running another poll soon. ;)

Really? That's fantastic, atleast in my opinion. I thought that since most replies here, if not all, prefered the other way and I thought it would be the same way with your patrons. I'm more excited for it now. :D

Hi Xil, glad you liked the Animation scene. Took me a long time to get it the way I wanted. Did you have the music on by the way?

Yeah I did, it's one of the things that made it so good I think.

Really? That's fantastic, at least in my opinion. I thought that since most replies here, if not all, preferred the other way and I thought it would be the same way with your patrons. I'm more excited for it now. :D

It will be a little easier for me to code focusing on one route at a time so now the only question is, which route gets explored first? I'll run a patreon poll on the 1st and see what I will be working on next and let everyone know.

Would you prefer to have background music throughout the game or just for specific scenes like the Animation class? I go back and forth on that...

Would you prefer to have background music throughout the game or just for specific scenes like the Animation class? I go back and forth on that...

I honestly didn't notice that it lacked music. And it didn't bother me or anything. On top of it when the animation music played, it wasn't really loud so it transitioned quite nicely.

Played it and liked it. Found something, thought to share :)
If she go out in her nightie, cg's shows like shes in school uniform...
It's the part where you have to chose between Bernal and Sinius, you can also talk with Grandmaster 2nd time, same thing. That's it :D
I can bet things will start to be interesting from now on. I vote for Sinius route first, it's all the same to me tho, will play both anyway hehe
Can't wait to see more!

it dont matter to me, sometimes i turn the bgm off anyway.

I honestly didn't notice that it lacked music. And it didn't bother me or anything. On top of it when the animation music played, it wasn't really loud so it transitioned quite nicely.

I think I may just have music in certain areas or events. I found a song that could work pretty well for anytime Tara is in Sinius' room. I'll keep it on the back burner for now though and keep my focus on the story and artwork mainly.

Played it and liked it. Found something, thought to share :)
If she go out in her nightie, cg's shows like shes in school uniform...
It's the part where you have to chose between Bernal and Sinius, you can also talk with Grandmaster 2nd time, same thing. That's it :D
I can bet things will start to be interesting from now on. I vote for Sinius route first, it's all the same to me tho, will play both anyway hehe
Can't wait to see more!

Very nice catch! Originally when I was testing it I found out that if Tara did her homework 4 times she couldn't leave the room to choose between Sinius and Bernal if she hadn't already. So I put in a switch to make sure she could always get out to make that choice but I had it at a higher priority than the nightgown check. All fixed, and thanks! (great description of exactly what was going on as well btw)

it dont matter to me, sometimes i turn the bgm off anyway.

Yeah, I have never cared too much about music being in all maps but for certain scenes I think they can be effective. I was pretty happy with the song for the dance scene.

Last edited:

Very nice catch! Originally when I was testing it I found out that if Tara did her homework 4 times she couldn't leave the room to choose between Sinius and Bernal if she hadn't already. So I put in a switch to make sure she could always get out to make that choice but I had it at a higher priority than the nightgown check. All fixed, and thanks! (great description of exactly what was going on as well btw)

Concerning the Grandmaster, I don't know if this is intentional but, the first time you are supposed to go to him, you can skip that and then if you go to him later it shows the 2nd scene as if you've done the first anyway.

Concerning the Grandmaster, I don't know if this is intentional but, the first time you are supposed to go to him, you can skip that and then if you go to him later it shows the 2nd scene as if you've done the first anyway.
Also, if you refuse you can go back and talk with him again and dialogue is the same as first time when you refused, like she was not there. I just wanted to see her in nightie, not looking for mistakes :p

Edit: Oh, you can do homework more than 3 times. I did it 6 times, 3 times before going to Grandmaster and 3 more when you come back to your room. Maybe you can do more, wasn't interested in checking that tho :)

Edit 2:
(great description of exactly what was going on as well btw)
Had to add this quote, first time saw someone said that lol
I am bad at english, glad you understood tho. Going to take a ss and print it so i can put it on my wall now... :) :cool:

Last edited:

Just a friendly tip: add a date (and maybe a time) to your change log whenever you post something. Sometimes it's fun for people like me to see what was updated when. For lurkers and posters it helps incentivize people to download the game because they know about what new content is available and when, and it's good for avoiding frustrating save breaks.

It also helps us appreciate how far you've come. Keep up the good work.

Ahh, no that isn't intended. Should be an easy switch fix so I'll take care of that for the next update.

Also, if you refuse you can go back and talk with him again and dialogue is the same as first time when you refused, like she was not there. I just wanted to see her in nightie, not looking for mistakes :p

Edit: Oh, you can do homework more than 3 times. I did it 6 times, 3 times before going to Grandmaster and 3 more when you come back to your room. Maybe you can do more, wasn't interested in checking that tho :)

Edit 2:
Had to add this quote, first time saw someone said that lol
I am bad at english, glad you understood tho. Going to take a ss and print it so i can put it on my wall now... :) :cool:

Hmm, yes I should make a separate scene in case you refuse and then decide to go back to see the Grand Master so that the dialogue isn't exactly the same.

Definitely shouldn't be able to do more than 4 homework events at the most, I'll look into this. Plus I need to put something in the Grand Master scene to make sure the player knows that time does pass for that event.

I think your english is pretty good! Your description had a great number of details so I knew exactly when and where the problem was which is very helpful. I'm happy to be immortalized on your wall. lol

Just a friendly tip: add a date (and maybe a time) to your change log whenever you post something. Sometimes it's fun for people like me to see what was updated when. For lurkers and posters it helps incentivize people to download the game because they know about what new content is available and when, and it's good for avoiding frustrating save breaks.

It also helps us appreciate how far you've come. Keep up the good work.

Good idea, I'll edit the post to add that information to the change log.

Okay, I'm going through the extended demo and am already finding new text. This is showing more promise than it already was ^^

(Status Window)
The status window does not reflect the same information as the save screen at present. The save screen has her current experience counters and the status window does not.

(Grammar Check)
*Yes, I can be a little Nazi about this but it's all about readability and most of them are commas*

Day One:

Head Mistress: Thank you Grand Master.
It's missing a comma between you and Grand.

Translocatum lesson:

While the Translocatum Instructor is giving the introduction, he says "focused". When adding -ed to the end of a word, more often than not double the preceding consonant. As in this case, it should be "focussed".

"Class this is an example..."
Again, missing a comma after "Class".

"Alright Bryce you may sit down."
A comma should be placed after "Bryce".

"I didn't need any help Bernal."
Guess what? Yep. Comma after "help".

Summoning Lesson:

Master Nimil: "If so let me know..."
Put one in there after "so".

"Yes Master Nimil."
One more belongs in there after "Yes".

*This next one is merely a suggestion.*
"Yes Master Nimil, I understand." -> "Yes, Master Nimil. I understand."

"Tara has definitely shown her will to be very strong, controlling and ogre..."
Replacing the comma with a full stop, a semicolon or "as" is technically more correct here.

Animation Lesson:

"As I am sure you all..."
One of two things can be done here. Either remove the "As" or insert a comma after "sure".

"Goodness it looks..."
Personally, it may appear better if it was "Goodness! It looks...".

"I can't believe you did that to me Tara."
A comma after "me" would go a long way to conveying the meaning in this sentence.

Metamorph Lesson:

Master Morphus: "The more complex... as well as what your are..."
Take out that 'r' in "your" or truncate "your are" into "you're".

"You Bitch!"
Change that capital B to a lowercase b. It's not her name or title, no matter how much Bernal wishes it was. :p

Day Two:

Translocatum Lesson:

"There will be no interuptions today!"
There's two r uses of the letter r in "interruptions".

"... I will take care of everything!"
Replace the comma with a full stop just before "I". Sorry if it's a little confusing this way, but I advanced the text instead of Alt-Tabbing out.

"Tara do you agree..."
Missing comma after "Tara".

Summoning Lesson:

"Thank you, Mast Nimil."
I don't think I need to tell you that you missed the "er" on the end of "Master" here.

That's all I've spotted for now.
It seems like the girl that tells Tara of the rumours about some of the boys would want in on the domination going by her reaction to Tara's snootiness.

Last edited:

Okay, I'm going through the extended demo and am already finding new text. This is showing more promise than it already was ^^
(snip)
That's all I've spotted for now.
It seems like the girl that tells Tara of the rumours about some of the boys would want in on the domination going by her reaction to Tara's snootiness.

Wow Squark, thank you for taking the time to let me know about all these things to fix. It must have taken a while!

I'll go through them and fix them for the next update that comes out (I think I will stay with 'focused' which seems to be a US vs UK difference in accepted spelling, but I will fix everything else)

At least it looks like I was better in the extended demo compared to the original after taking your comma placement corrections to heart. :D

Last edited:

While the Translocatum Instructor is giving the introduction, he says "focused". When adding -ed to the end of a word, more often than not double the preceding consonant. As in this case, it should be "focussed".

actually both are correct, however Focused is used more often ::

What about ‘focus’?
This word can take either double or single s, with the single option being highly preferred.

At least it looks like I was better in the extended demo compared to the original after taking your comma placement corrections to heart. :D

If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure most people don't pay attention/aren't bothered by these things. Especially if their mother tongue isn't English or.... if they didn't pay attention in school. :p Besides, there's quite a few H-RPG's out there which have grammar that is absolutely atrocious.

Although, it sure is neater and it makes it looks more professional.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure most people don't pay attention/aren't bothered by these things. Especially if their mother tongue isn't English or.... if they didn't pay attention in school. :p Besides, there's quite a few H-RPG's out there which have grammar that is absolutely atrocious.

Although, it sure is neater and it makes it looks more professional.

Yeah I figure it isn't a deal breaker for someone who is playing the game, but it isn't difficult to fix so I really appreciate that squark took the time to hunt down instances where I could improve the punctuation and word usage.

Last edited:

Just glad I could help.

Anyway... "Focused" is not the preferred way of spelling it. It's just the American English way of spelling it. The only reason it comes before "focussed" in the dictionary is because E comes before S. :p

I did note that practically nothing happens if the countdown to masturbation runs out. You get chewed out by the Head Mistress, but nothing else. I'm wondering if this is going to be expanded upon later.

Back